Can Exchange admins view my Personal Folders

Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in
outlook (stored on my hard drive)?

Thanks.

0
djohn554 (1)

On 8 Feb 2006 05:55:02 -0800, djohn554@yahoo.com wrote:

>Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in
>outlook (stored on my hard drive)?
>
>Thanks.

Remotely?
If they are standing over your shoulder?

They are not in the mailbox, so no if that is what you mean.
0
adavid (8731)
2/8/2006 2:34:49 PM
Dear John

You seem to have a healthy dose of paranoia or you're doing something you
shouldn't so you should be aware that there are a number of password
crackers out there that reasonably effective against PST files (There are
also other means to bypass the password feature) so I'd suggest you stop
doing stuff at work otherwise you might get caught. After all just because
you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you.

Nue
"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On 8 Feb 2006 05:55:02 -0800, djohn554@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in
>>outlook (stored on my hard drive)?
>>
>>Thanks.
>

> Remotely?
> If they are standing over your shoulder?
>
> They are not in the mailbox, so no if that is what you mean.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/8/2006 3:18:22 PM
Also,

Some companies have policies against the individual password protecting or
encrypting data.  We do and employees can be fired just for encrypting files
and folders or not having passwords on file for their files for IT and their
managers to access.  It doesn't matter if they are doing something shady or
not.

You have to remember that EVERYTHING on the computer or passes through the
company network becomes the company's property.  Courts regularly uphold the
company's rights on these issues.

Finally, yes an experienced IT person can crack your PST file, doc files,
etc.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear John
>
> You seem to have a healthy dose of paranoia or you're doing something you
> shouldn't so you should be aware that there are a number of password
> crackers out there that reasonably effective against PST files (There are
> also other means to bypass the password feature) so I'd suggest you stop
> doing stuff at work otherwise you might get caught. After all just because
> you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you.
>
> Nue
> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:sa0ku1pp4rk9i91l4ugadeanehari0gk4f@4ax.com...
>> On 8 Feb 2006 05:55:02 -0800, djohn554@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in
>>>outlook (stored on my hard drive)?
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>

>> Remotely?
>> If they are standing over your shoulder?
>>
>> They are not in the mailbox, so no if that is what you mean.

You betcha..... Ve haf our vays..................  ;-)

Remotely, it's not at all easy. Put me at the console and your data will be
mine if I *really* need to access it...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

<djohn554@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in
> outlook (stored on my hard drive)?
>
> Thanks.

0
rasilon1 (689)