Can Exchange 2003 server host multiple AD domains email

I have two domains that share a trust.  One domain has a 2003 Exchange
server.  I would like this email server to host mail for the trusted domain
also. Can the Exchange server host mail for both domains.
--
bltmayo
0

I'm assuming you are talking about domains as in "Active Directory" and not
SMTP.  Are these two domains in the same AD forest?  If so, yes, easily.
Run SETUP /DOMAINPREP on the other domain, then create an additional RUS in
your Exchange System Manager that points to a DC in the other domain.

If it is a separate domain, you can still do this, but you will need to
create a user account and mailbox for the each of the users in the remote
domain.  Create these in your own domain. Then, on the Mailbox Rights button
(under Exchange Advanced), assign the user in the Remote Domain the
"Associated External Account" right to this mailbox.

Does this make sense?

--
Jim McBee
- MostlyExchange Blog:     http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"bltmayo" <bltmayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two domains that share a trust.  One domain has a 2003 Exchange
> server.  I would like this email server to host mail for the trusted
> domain
> also. Can the Exchange server host mail for both domains.
> --
> bltmayo

0
jmcbee9404 (625)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

AD Sync problem

invalid email address

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Reporting from Project Server

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Contacts in Exchange #2