Can anyone give me insight about this error?

Hi all,

When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this error:

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSetup
Event Category:	Microsoft Exchange Setup
Event ID:	1002
Date:		7/14/2006
Time:		1:21:32 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	MARS
Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
Services failed.
Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.

Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I did
domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
frustrated.

Thank you.
0
Sally (53)

What account are you logged on as when doing the upgrade?  Is it the same
account that did the original install?  Is there anything else running on
this server?

"Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this
> error:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
> Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 7/14/2006
> Time: 1:21:32 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MARS
> Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
> Services failed.
> Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I did
> domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
> frustrated.
>
> Thank you.

0
betelgeuse (144)
7/14/2006 5:57:51 PM
Are you attempting this remotely?

"Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this
> error:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
> Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 7/14/2006
> Time: 1:21:32 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: MARS
> Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
> Services failed.
> Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
> Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I did
> domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
> frustrated.
>
> Thank you.

0
fakename1 (50)
7/14/2006 6:14:20 PM
Thanks.
> What account are you logged on as when doing the upgrade?
The administrator account which is domain admin, exchange full admin rights.
>Is it the same  account that did the original install?
Yes.
>Is there anything else running on this server?
Symantec mail security.  When I installed, I stopped the services.

"Betelgeuse" wrote:

> What account are you logged on as when doing the upgrade?  Is it the same
> account that did the original install?  Is there anything else running on
> this server?
>

> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this
> > error:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
> > Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
> > Event ID: 1002
> > Date: 7/14/2006
> > Time: 1:21:32 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: MARS
> > Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
> > Services failed.
> > Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
> >
> > For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> > Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I did
> > domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
> > frustrated.
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Sally (53)
7/14/2006 6:37:02 PM
thanks.

> Are you attempting this remotely?

The server is in the remote site and I am using VNC kind of software.  But,
I am accessing it as though I was at the console.

"MS User2006" wrote:

> Are you attempting this remotely?
>
> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this
> > error:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
> > Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
> > Event ID: 1002
> > Date: 7/14/2006
> > Time: 1:21:32 PM
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: MARS
> > Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration
> > Services failed.
> > Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
> >
> > For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >
> > Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I did
> > domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
> > frustrated.
> >
> > Thank you.

0
Sally (53)
7/14/2006 6:41:02 PM
Well, there is this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=919076

Close..you may want to give it a try.

> thanks.
>
>> Are you attempting this remotely?
>
> The server is in the remote site and I am using VNC kind of software.
> But,
> I am accessing it as though I was at the console.
>
> "MS User2006" wrote:
>
>> Are you attempting this remotely?
>>
>> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > When I tried to upgrade exch2000 to exch2003, it failed and I got this
>> > error:
>> >
>> > Event Type: Error
>> > Event Source: MSExchangeSetup
>> > Event Category: Microsoft Exchange Setup
>> > Event ID: 1002
>> > Date: 7/14/2006
>> > Time: 1:21:32 PM
>> > User: N/A
>> > Computer: MARS
>> > Exchange Server component Microsoft Exchange Messaging and
>> > Collaboration
>> > Services failed.
>> > Error: 0xc0070574 - Logon Failure: The target account name is
>> > incorrect.
>> >
>> > For more information, click
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>> >
>> > Can anyone give me insight about this error?  I'm going crazy now as I
>> > did
>> > domainprep again and ran exchange setup more than 20 times?  I'm quite
>> > frustrated.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
betelgeuse (144)
7/14/2006 6:56:42 PM
Well I'm not too sure if it is the Symantec as Exchange is not installed as
of yet and she did turn of the sevices. However it is worth the time to read
the KB and apply as eventually you will need to exclude the Exchange folders
from the scan. On another note I would skip installing SP1 and jump right
into SP2.
The reason why I asked if you were doing it remotely is that I did read an
article here a while back about the pitfalls of installing Exchange remotely
and even though you are using a VNC client it is still considered a terminal
session. I can't offer any related KB or even refer to that posting but rule
of thumb has alwasy been when installing any applications or OS patches or
updates that you do it locally. That's just an insight.

"Betelgeuse" <betelgeuse@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Well, there is this:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=919076
>
> Close..you may want to give it a try.
>

> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thanks.
>>
>>> Are you attempting this remotely?
>>
>> The server is in the remote site and I am using VNC kind of software.
>> But,
>> I am accessing it as though I was at the console.
>>
>> "MS User2006" wrote:
>>
>>> Are you attempting this remotely?
>>>
>>> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
fakename1 (50)

Cross-post with outlook.general, re "Script Error
Office OL 2007 Internet Explorer 7 This morning I began to experience a problem every time I switch to the Outlook Today page: "Internet Explorer Script Error -- An error has occurred in the script on this page -- Line 298, Char 1, Error: Class not registered, Code: 0, URL: outlook:today." This happens every time I switch to Outlook Today, and began (suspiciously) after I installed MS Expression Web Designer. Of course, I already tried re-booting, but no help. Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller Windermere Press, September 2007 www.KenIsaacson.co...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

can i download lxce serv.exe

Error in Outlook Today

how many receivers i can add

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

error 553

Can't configure Outlook Express

80070005 error #2

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

CRM Error