Calendar permissions after migration

This is a slight revision of my post from yesterday, for
the sake of clarity.

We recently migrated Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange
2003 on a new domain. This was performed with the exmerge
utility in a 2 step process.

Now, if a user shares a calendar, creating a delegate
with the appropriate level of permissions, all users
in the organization are then able to view the calendar.

The default permission is set to None. But if a delegate
is created, they will not have access to the calendar
unless the default is changed to something other than
None. It seems to be a screwy permissions issue but I'm
not sure where to look.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

Money 2006 Crashes Opening Calendar
I have been using Microsot Money for years. Upgrading to next version almost every year. I have been using Money 2004 Deluxe for a while. It works great. I tried upgrading to Money 2006 Deluxe ... everything works except when I try to open the Calendar. I get the message "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a lot of different things (repairing the file many times, which shows no errors or no corruption or no broken records). I also just tried to go from 2004 to 2005. This actually works ... so I am now using Mone...

Exchange 2003 + Too much permissions
Our users have access to anyone else's inbox, calendar, etc. When I look in Active Directory Users and Computers, Mailbox rights, I can see that Anonymous Logon and Everyone have read rights. I'm assuming that's the problem but these rights are inherited. Where are they being inherited from? When I look in System Manager, I see different permissions on the Mailbox Store. Those permissions are also inherited. Should I break the inheritance? You could. Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchan...

Calendar print format
When I print a monthly format calendar in Outlook, say for January, there are two small monthly calendars printed in the header for reference. One is for the following month, February, but the other is the current month, January. Shouldn't this other be December? How do I change this? It doesn't make sense. Thanks. Unfortunately, you can't change it for the built in print styles. Apparently Microsoft is trying to discourage people from living in the past ;-) You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calenda...

how to send calendar reminders to non-responding invitees?
Why can't you send true calendar reminders to invitees who haven't responded?? Outlook knows who hasn't replied, so why doesn't it let you send a reminder to those people?? (BTW -- Lotus Notes lets you do this. Another reason Outlook drives me crazy!) Outlook !=Lotus Notes. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, LDBW asked: | Why can't you send true calendar reminde...

outlook calendar #10
How can I set up the calendar so that each of my appointments are automatically given 15 minutes or 10 minutes ? set the time scale to 10 or 15 min. right click on the time scale in day view or change it in tools, options, calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www....

Migration from Exchange 2000 to 2003
I have added an Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 2000 environment. Mail2 is the Ex 2000 server and mail3 is the new 2003 server. I have both running to test the migration and have run into the following problem. Mail sent from mailboxes on the EX2003 server will hang in the queue. This is in intermittent issue. Sometimes the mail will be delivered, sometimes it just hangs until an NDR is generated. The event viewer on mail3 (Exchange 2003) shows an event id 977 with the following text Following connector fails to connect to its target bridge head. CN=Internet Mail Service (MA...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

Exchange migration/consolidation
Hello, We are currently in the process of consolidating our Exchange servers from various domains top once central location and domain. USers will continue to work in their local domain but connect to the new Exchange server in the new domain for email. Accounts have been migrated to the new server using ADMT and mailboxes moved using mailmig. There is a two way trust between all domains, and the local/legacy account has been granted associated external account on their new mailbox. The problems we are encountering are numerous, however the main ones at the moment are as follows: S...

Siebel to CRM Migration
I have an upcoming Siebel to CRM Migration. We are going to use Scribe Migrate to assist with the data migration but we see some difficulties concerning the file attachments stored in Siebel. The Siebel attachments are not store in the database but in the filesystem. Has anyone had any luck migrating attachments? If so, I would like to heat what you did and what you discovered. Brian ...

How Do I Delete My Local .PST Calendar?
How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my meeting requests go into. So I would like to delete the local calendar and just keep the service calendar. Ernest Maw wrote: > How do I delete the calendar in my local .pst file? > > When I create new .pst files, there is no calendar in it. But if I > then add a calendar to this .pst file, it screws up which caldendar my > meeting requests go into. > > So I would like to delete...

Changing Default Calendar Name
Not sure how I did this. While Setting Outlook up to work with Mobileme my default calander name changed from "Calendar" to "Work", something I thought could not happen. Have been trying to change it back but can not figure out how I managed to do it in the first place. Can anybody help me change it back to the correct name, or if not if I leavel the name change as is will it have any adverse effects going forward. "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2357600-005B-41C3-AF4C-BDBA5BD0F1CE@microsoft.com... > Not ...

Exchange Mailbox
I have a client who uses Outlook at his office in conjunction with Exchange Server and Outlook at home with a totally separate POP3 mailbox and email address. He wishes to be able to see his Office Calendar and Contacts on his home machine but does not want his office mail delivered or synchronized with his home machine or visa versa. I have set up an Exchange Mailbox on his home machine and can access the Calendar and Contacts but have not found a way to stop the Mailbox picking up the email from the Exchange Server. I have tried every setting i can think of including modifying the Send an...

Exchange Migration tools wizard
Hello, I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but when the tools asked me to add the .csv file. I don't know what kind of information I can put into this file. Can you help me. "Romulus" <tezam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:e9qg86$2gt0$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > Hello, > > I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. > > Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. > > So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but wh...

Outlook 2007 "stuck" in other user's calendar
Help! I just opened someone else's calendar from my Outlook 2007. When I went to Inbox, it showed my Inbox, when I went to Contacts it went to my Contscat. When I clicked theCalendar icon it went straight back to the other user's calendar. I couldn't find a way to close his calendar and get back to mine. I tried exiting Outlook and restarting, but the same thing happened. I evntually got out of it, but by then was so confused I don't know how I solved it! Is there a simple explanation? TIA Steve there should be a list of calendars in the navigation pane and you check (or ...

Calendar corruption in Outlook 2003
I was refered to the Exchange area from the Outlook area. You might have an answer other than "Known Issue". I am working with multiple users that cannot open recurring items in their Outlook 2003 calendars. This seems to happen only after opening their mailboxes in Outlook 2000. We have an Exchange 2003 server and a mixed Outlook 2000 & 2003 environment. The only way that I have found to fix this is by deleting their local profile and starting over. Does anyone know how to fix this without recreating the local profiles? Thanks. On Mon, 1 May 2006 08:57:02 -0700, ...

Migrating from MFC 7 to 8 (error C2440)
Hello everybody. I'am migrating a project from MFC 7 to 8, and the compiler gives me the error: ....\MyCode.cpp(53) : error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'UINT (__thiscall CMyDerivedCwndClass::* )(CPoint)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(CPoint)' Cast from base to derived requires dynamic_cast or static_cast The error is in the message map: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyDerivedCwndClass, CWnd) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyDerivedCwndClass) ON_WM_NCHITTEST() //Here is the error!!! //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() I need the MFC 7 version too, so, the c...

Different standard folders for email delivery and calendar?
Hello, Outlook uses the standard folder for email delivery (e.g. a pst store or an Exchange account) also to keep the "Standard" calendar. I want to use different stores for these folders, e.g. an pst store for my standard calendar and an exchange store for my standard email delivery. Is there any way to achieve this? I am desperately looking for a solution since I only need one calendar but I have several Exchange accounts. It's a hassle to move all appointments around. Thanks Roland No, are these mailboxes all within the same organization? Then set permissions an...

how do I make a calendar with every three days a different color . #2
I work 3 days on and 3 days off . How can I make a calender reflecting this using 2 colors without physically editing each day? Put the following forumula in a cell adjacent to the dates on your calendar: =Mod("date"/6,1). It will yield 6 results, .333...,.5,.666...,.833..., 0,.166..., where "date" is the numeric value for that given date. Use conditional formatting to mark the date. For the date that results in ..333... set the conditional formatting to Formula Is with the formula "=A8=(1/3)" (set to the address for your formula) and set to ...

Script Error 190 Permission Denied - Customization - Account
When trying to select a 2nd row in the Edit Filter Criteria window I get a 190 script error. Thus, I am unable to perform an 'OR' in the filtering. This error happens on other workstations, so I think it is a bug. It does not occur when performing the same action in Advanced Find versus Customization. Comments ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Outlook 2003 Calendar info disappears
I am using outlook 2003 calendar to keep track of apts and meetings. When i go into a new month my previous month apts disappears. Is that supposed to happen or is something wrong. I wanted to go back to last month and see when i meet with a client but there was no information. Any help would be appreciated. Rob Check your auto-archive selections. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Rob asked: | I am using ou...

Using Public Folder for Shared Calendar/Contact List... >:O
This is driving me up, around, about, and through several walls... I just don't understand it. I create a new account, setup an exchange mailbox with it, setup the user AS an administrator... I logon to the server via Microsoft Outlook from a client computer AS the account I just made... it verifies it... I see the Public Folder...I go to expand the Public Folder...and I see Favorites and All Public Folders... I go to expand All Public Folders, I see Internet Newsgroups.. a giant gray preview pane says: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the sp...

busy/free in calendar
A user used to send meeting to a group of users, and while setting up the meeting request, she can see each uesr's calendar at that time if they are busy / not. Currently,she can't, that period of time for all users were blocked off ( including this user herslf as well). I tried check many knowledge ffrom microsoft, can;t find the answer. It did asked me to try click option , and click "refresh busy/free information. but doesn't work. It only happen for this user. If you have any advise, please help. Thanks, CS ...

Outlook /Calendars Delegation Issues.....
Maybe this is a question for the outlook or exchange user groups, but I just setup SBS2003 with outlook 2003 on all 5 clients. I setup one (primary) of the clients outlook calendar to allow delegate rights to the other four, which works great. My problem is that when the "primary" user goes in and creates an appt,event, meeting or even just updates anything in their calendar the other four recieve updates of the changes. I've looked at how to stop this but cannot find anything. Anyone have any Ideas. Thanks in advance for your help. R Use a public calendar instead. ...

Lost calendar items after synch with PDA
My PDA crashed and I had to reload all the info from Outlook but instead of transferring from the desktop to the PDA it went the other way and has wiped all historial appointments from my Outlook calendar so now I have no historical appointments on either my Outlook or PDA. Is there any way to restore the Outlook calendar to get these appointments back? I've tried opening the .pst file but am unable to access the data on there. I have looked in the Deleted Items folder which has some items but only a small amount and I'm not sure if these were items I deleted due to di...

DoModal() Dialog box fails in eVC4 to VS2005 Migration
I have a Pocket PC 2003 MFC DLL that compiles and works perfectly under eVC++ 4.0. I imported the project into Visual Studio 2005. It compiles fine. The problem is that the dialog box that it is supposed to display does not display at all. After stepping through it I realize that the Dlg.DoModal() is returning -1. I am following the rules which is calling AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); as the absolute first statement in the exported function. To be sure the exported function is as follows. CDRVCEDLGS_API int WINAPI CdrvLInitDialog( int &Subport,int &Baud,int &...