Calendar Invite goes to users group.

Hi All,

Running Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003 Sp2. Sending a calendar
invite to a single user somehow gets delivered to one of the groups he
is a member of. When I trace the message, it appears as if I had sent
two messages! The frst message looks great, gets delivered to his local
mailbox, but the second message is crazy. It goes to a group that he
belongs to, as if it was sent from me to that group directly. Any
ideas? I have made sure that he has not delegated that group in anyway,
but I do believe that was the case at some point in the past.

Any leads would be helpful. TIA

-Kevin

0
ylwdog (7)

On 22 Dec 2005 10:58:12 -0800, ylwdog@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Running Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003 Sp2. Sending a calendar
>invite to a single user somehow gets delivered to one of the groups he
>is a member of. When I trace the message, it appears as if I had sent
>two messages! The frst message looks great, gets delivered to his local
>mailbox, but the second message is crazy. It goes to a group that he
>belongs to, as if it was sent from me to that group directly. Any
>ideas? I have made sure that he has not delegated that group in anyway,
>but I do believe that was the case at some point in the past.
>
>Any leads would be helpful. TIA
>
>-Kevin

Check rules, delegates or look at the public-delegates attribute on
that account via adsiedit, ldifde or adfind.

0
adavid (8731)
12/22/2005 7:18:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I had previously checked rules and delegates but
had not thought to check the directory directly.

 I checked the attributes publicDelegates and publicDelegatesBL both
are set to "<Not Set>"

any other thoughts on this one?

0
ylwdog (7)
12/22/2005 8:24:18 PM
On 22 Dec 2005 12:24:18 -0800, ylwdog@gmail.com wrote:

>Thanks for the info. I had previously checked rules and delegates but
>had not thought to check the directory directly.
>
> I checked the attributes publicDelegates and publicDelegatesBL both
>are set to "<Not Set>"
>
>any other thoughts on this one?

Check the ADUC as well to see if any forwarding is going on

You may have hidden rules.
Export the existing rules out, start the user (who is forwarding the
messages)  Outlook 2003 with the /cleanrules switch and test.
0
adavid (8731)
12/22/2005 8:38:48 PM
Thanks again. I tried the clean rules switch, not the problem. Can you
elaborate on the ADUC? Not sure what you are refering to.

-Kevin

0
ylwdog (7)
12/22/2005 9:10:18 PM
On 22 Dec 2005 13:10:18 -0800, ylwdog@gmail.com wrote:

>Thanks again. I tried the clean rules switch, not the problem. Can you
>elaborate on the ADUC? Not sure what you are refering to.
>
>-Kevin

The forwarding dialog box to another recipient.
0
adavid (8731)

Entourage goes into spinning-wheel from time to time while using

Recipient policy and Security Groups
Hi, I have created a recipient policy to update the e-mail addresses for members of a security group that has an e-mail address. The default policy is applying instead of the custom policy. I have ensured that the custom policy is a higher priority than the default. The environment is E2K3 W/SP1 on W2K3 server standard. Thanks for any replies. Warren ...

Posting Master Calendar
We are running Win2000 advanced server. Does anyone know how we can post the district Master Calendar without having File and Print Sharing enabled? In the past that is how the Secretary posted calendar events using Outlook 2000. We do not want File and Print sharing used anymore. Thank you. LadyTech wrote: > We are running Win2000 advanced server. Does anyone know > how we can post the district Master Calendar without > having File and Print Sharing enabled? In the past that > is how the Secretary posted calendar events using Outlook > 2000. We do not want File an...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Managing Exchange 2000 organisation users private mailbox permissions?
Hi, Is there some utilty to manage Exchange 2000 all users mailbox permissions ? Neither AD or System manager seem to have that possibility. Changing through each user mailbox is time-expensive.. I have a need to change all users calendar permissions to certain level and keep them there administratively. thank You in advance, Kalle Rahu beginning Exchange 2000 administrator ...

Calendar Series
Hello, I am trying to setup a workflow for our Sales Process and I'm trying to setup a calendar series with no luck. I need a reoccuring task to come up every week until an Opportunity is closed. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you, Luke Davis, MCSE: Security Hey Luke: This might work but I haven't tested it. Create a new workflow rule for the OnCreate event of Opportunity and add these workflow lines: Wait for 5 day(s) If Opportunity.Status = Open then Task: Whatever end if -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect http://www.unislumin.com Microsoft...

Cash flow graph goes blank
When I followed the wizard to replace my old mortgage data with a refinanced mortgage, the cash flow graph disappeared from my home page. Since the purpose of entering this data is to TRACK cash flow, I want to get the graph back. So far I have tried: 1) Close Money and open again; 2) Go online for all updates; 3) Search FAQs 4) Search knowledge base. Any ideas? I am using the Business and Personal version of Money 2002. This is a FAQ: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits i...

Share Calendar and see other users Appointments
Hi, It is probably a rookie question but i hope that someone has mercy and answers this with some tips or pointers to assist me to make this work. We did switch from goldmine to MSCRM. The biggest issue we have now is that it seems that users can only access their own calendars. I was able to make an appointment for another user that want to join the meeting but if there is already a meeting schedule then there is no waring. Also the assistant can not pull up the supervisors calendar to schedule appointments for him. Basically we have a small sales team and 2 people that make the appo...

Having 2 user identeties in 1 profile
Hello I have a little question is it possible to have 2 user identeties in 1 outlook profile? The reason im asking is cause a user has 2 mailboxes and wants to reply to mail sent to each of them with that mailboxes email adress. At the moment i have setup a dummy pop3 with the addy for one of the accounts account and have it set so it never tries to get any mail from the server, just to be able to send through smtp now what i really would like to do is just have 2 identeties in 1 outlook profile so i can get rid of the dummy pop3 account cause it feels like its going to give m...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Can you create calendars in Excel from data?
I am looking for a way to use the data entered in Excel to make an actual calendar. Is this possible or does Excel not have this functionality? ...

Prompt to Ask If User Wants to Create a Duplicate Record
For example, let's say there's already a record for Mary Shelly, and I have a new Mary Shelly that I'm trying to add to my database. Can I make it so that Access will prompt me and say "There is already a record matching this description. Do you wish to continue?" Hi Dove, I'm assuming first and last name are in the same field. Create a button or Label and add this code to the On Click event but make the following changes to the code: NAMEFIELD= The name of the field where the name is kept on the form TABLEWITHUSERNAMES = The name of the table where the username i...

outlook automatically adds calendar appoinments as 'tentative'
Outlook 2003 is automatically adding all appointments to my calendar as "tentative". I would like to turn this feature off. This is not the same feature under Tools / Options / Calendar Options / Resource Scheduling (which I currently have disabled)... this appears to be a feature that was introduced in Outlook 2003 SP2. After much searching, it appears the only way to disable this 'feature' is to turn off the reading pane... which is not an option for me. Does anyone have any way of turning this feature off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks -NG NaturesGraffiti@g...

Calendar meeting invites being rejected

Excel leave calendar
Does anybody know where I can get or a tutorial to do a staff works annual leave calendar. Thanks Nigel ...

Setting the default address book for all users?
Hi, I was just assigned the Exchange admin duties at our office. We have Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003 Enterprise. Outlook XP (but moving to Outlook 2003 clients) Office management wants the default address book that displays first to be an Outlook address book instead of our Global Address book (our global address book contains email addresses of other outside offices and an email was accidently sent outside to someone with the same name). They want this done for ALL USERS. I know how to do it in Outlooks with the Tools->Address Book-> Options etc. Is there a way to set th...

Calendar-how do I keep a different background colour 4 each month
In process of doing a calendar for 2006. I want a different background color for each month, but everytime I change a color, it changes the background for every month. This is the first time I've used Publisher, but I simply can't find how to stabilise the page. Any tips would be great. Ungroup the objects, manually re-fill rather than using the color schemes. Time consuming but it works. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "frankie" <frankie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

User Mailbox that more than one person sends e-mail from
Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire. The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person sends e-mail from it. We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people that need to send mail as that user. When those user's password expires the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send. Is there any way to get around this issue? Thanks Jennifer Jennifer: For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account. Then, create a security group that contains as members everyone that should have permissions t...

Multiple Calendars but Shared One is Selected
When a shared Calendar or multiple shared calendars are displayed, when swithcing between "Mail" and "Calendar" the other calendar or one of the others is selected when pressing "Calendar" and viewing those calendars. On every other users' machine I have tested the users' calendar is always selected no matter how many shared calendars are in the calendar view. Running Office 2007 on Windows XP - all fully updated with exchange server 2003. I already refreshed roaming and local profile and re-installed office products. Both steps had no ef...

Why does calendar dates that I receive go directly to "Delete" box
Calendar dates that I receive from others in the bldg. go directly to my "Delete" box. Does anyone know how I can change them to go to my "Inbox"? Are the appointments added to your calendar? What is your configuration in Tools, options, email options, tracking options: http://slipstick.me/jing/receipts.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslette...

Calendar problem #2
Hi, I'm having a problem with one user's calendar. Due to a mixup, he created a new calendar (Calendar1) and he's been using that instead of the builtin Calendar. I'd like to merge everything in one calendar. Since I cannot delete Calendar, is there a way to copy all the items in Calendar1 to Calendar? Or is there a way to make Calendar1 the default? Thanks! Simon I'd go to Calendar1 (the one created by mistake) and export the whole thing into Excel format. If the user has a lot of recurring meetings, set the end date of your export range far enough o...

Can't open any calendar items
This morning, I woke to discover that I could not open or create any appointments. I see them in Calendar view, the various Open and New commands show available, but invoking them does nothing. I can create new email messages, contacts, notes, tasks...but no appointments. I can point to nothing that has caused this, and am hoping that there is something I can try before resorting to a reinstall. Anyone...? Rick A. Pleasanton, CA Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called sca...

Data grouping and averaging in excel 2003
I am looking into purchasing a data logger that will collect voltage, amperage with a time scale. Below is a sample of the data and a summary to be generated above the data. I have some problems with how I can have a msexcel spreadsheet automatically calculate averages and total times for each zone. I would like a summary for many separate zones with a dozen or so sessions that have recording to last from 10 to 100 seconds within each session and automatically disregard calculating any values in column C that are <30 & all rows in column B that have been disregarded in column C. Averagi...

PUBLIC CALENDAR AUTO ACCEPT
Hello. I installed the auto accept agent for 2003, but I'm having some trouble implementing what I would like. I need the public calendars to decline invitations when there is a conflict, and automatlically remove events that are canceled. Is this possible? ...