Calendar folder under public folder doesn't show up after migrated exchange from 5.5 to 2003

Hello,

I got a problem on the public folder migration.
I set up a new exchange 2003 server on the network and join it to
exchange 5.5 site. and make a replication between two server.
everything seem be ok.

I have moved some mailbox to new exchange server, and also replica
public folder to the new server.

I can see all of public folder in the new exchange 2003 server from
exchange 2003 system manager. but when I attached outlook client to
the new exchange server, user can see all of public folder which
contain mail items, but can not see public calendar folder which
contain appointment items.

I tried to open public folder list using outlook 2000 and outlook
2003,
checked folder permission, and run the replication between two
servers, the problem is still same.

We can create new public calendar folder in the new server.

The public calendar folder on the old exchange server is working fine.

Anybody can help me about this?

Your reply will be appreciated.

Thank you

Kenny
0
jywu1 (9)

Did you use PFMigrate? and if so, what command exactly did you run?

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+

"jywu" <jywu1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I got a problem on the public folder migration.
> I set up a new exchange 2003 server on the network and join it to
> exchange 5.5 site. and make a replication between two server.
> everything seem be ok.
>
> I have moved some mailbox to new exchange server, and also replica
> public folder to the new server.
>
> I can see all of public folder in the new exchange 2003 server from
> exchange 2003 system manager. but when I attached outlook client to
> the new exchange server, user can see all of public folder which
> contain mail items, but can not see public calendar folder which
> contain appointment items.
>
> I tried to open public folder list using outlook 2000 and outlook
> 2003,
> checked folder permission, and run the replication between two
> servers, the problem is still same.
>
> We can create new public calendar folder in the new server.
>
> The public calendar folder on the old exchange server is working fine.
>

> Anybody can help me about this?
>
> Your reply will be appreciated.
>

> Thank you
>
> Kenny

0
omermaydan (98)
8/11/2004 6:17:20 PM
Hi,

I didn't use PFMigrate, and just setup Public folder replication
between two servers.
Now, I can see all of public folders in new exchange server from
system manager, also can see the public calendar folder size and total
items number information in the new server, but when I go to outlook
client, only the public calendar folder doesn't show up under public
folder list (Other public folder is ok).

Thank you

Kenny

"Omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<#iF8Sc8fEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Did you use PFMigrate? and if so, what command exactly did you run?
>
> --
>
> Omer Maydan
> MCSE, Security+
>
> "jywu" <jywu1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got a problem on the public folder migration.
> > I set up a new exchange 2003 server on the network and join it to
> > exchange 5.5 site. and make a replication between two server.
> > everything seem be ok.
> >
> > I have moved some mailbox to new exchange server, and also replica
> > public folder to the new server.
> >
> > I can see all of public folder in the new exchange 2003 server from
> > exchange 2003 system manager. but when I attached outlook client to
> > the new exchange server, user can see all of public folder which
> > contain mail items, but can not see public calendar folder which
> > contain appointment items.
> >
> > I tried to open public folder list using outlook 2000 and outlook
> > 2003,
> > checked folder permission, and run the replication between two
> > servers, the problem is still same.
> >
> > We can create new public calendar folder in the new server.
> >
> > The public calendar folder on the old exchange server is working fine.
> >

> > Anybody can help me about this?
> >
> > Your reply will be appreciated.
> >

> > Thank you
> >
> > Kenny
0
jywu1 (9)
8/12/2004 1:05:57 AM
Ok. i would suggest using the tool PFMIGRATE in order to set replicas of you
system folders. this can be found on the Exchange Disk as a set of Exchange
deployment tools. you should use that script, because he covers all the dark
edges you could have missed during your Replication Setup. you should run
the following command in order to build replicas of your System folders from
the 5.5 to the 2003:

PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SourceServer /T:DestinationServer /SF /A /N:500
/F:C:\LOGFILE.LOG

follow this link for a start on this tool:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html
--

> Hi,
>
> I didn't use PFMigrate, and just setup Public folder replication
> between two servers.
> Now, I can see all of public folders in new exchange server from
> system manager, also can see the public calendar folder size and total
> items number information in the new server, but when I go to outlook
> client, only the public calendar folder doesn't show up under public
> folder list (Other public folder is ok).
>
> Thank you
>
> Kenny
>
> "Omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Did you use PFMigrate? and if so, what command exactly did you run?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Omer Maydan
> > MCSE, Security+
> >
> > "jywu" <jywu1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I got a problem on the public folder migration.
> > > I set up a new exchange 2003 server on the network and join it to
> > > exchange 5.5 site. and make a replication between two server.
> > > everything seem be ok.
> > >
> > > I have moved some mailbox to new exchange server, and also replica
> > > public folder to the new server.
> > >
> > > I can see all of public folder in the new exchange 2003 server from
> > > exchange 2003 system manager. but when I attached outlook client to
> > > the new exchange server, user can see all of public folder which
> > > contain mail items, but can not see public calendar folder which
> > > contain appointment items.
> > >
> > > I tried to open public folder list using outlook 2000 and outlook
> > > 2003,
> > > checked folder permission, and run the replication between two
> > > servers, the problem is still same.
> > >
> > > We can create new public calendar folder in the new server.
> > >
> > > The public calendar folder on the old exchange server is working fine.
> > >

> > > Anybody can help me about this?
> > >
> > > Your reply will be appreciated.
> > >

> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Kenny

0
omermaydan (98)
8/12/2004 4:07:40 PM
also, follow this link to see if you have these simptoms:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+

> Ok. i would suggest using the tool PFMIGRATE in order to set replicas of
you
> system folders. this can be found on the Exchange Disk as a set of
Exchange
> deployment tools. you should use that script, because he covers all the
dark
> edges you could have missed during your Replication Setup. you should run
> the following command in order to build replicas of your System folders
from
> the 5.5 to the 2003:
>
> PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SourceServer /T:DestinationServer /SF /A /N:500
> /F:C:\LOGFILE.LOG
>
> follow this link for a start on this tool:
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html
> --
>
> Omer Maydan
> MCSE, Security+
>
> "jywu" <jywu1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't use PFMigrate, and just setup Public folder replication
> > between two servers.
> > Now, I can see all of public folders in new exchange server from
> > system manager, also can see the public calendar folder size and total
> > items number information in the new server, but when I go to outlook
> > client, only the public calendar folder doesn't show up under public
> > folder list (Other public folder is ok).
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Kenny
> >
> > "Omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Did you use PFMigrate? and if so, what command exactly did you run?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Omer Maydan
> > > MCSE, Security+
> > >
> > > "jywu" <jywu1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
omermaydan (98)
8/12/2004 4:11:47 PM
Hi,

I followed the PFmigrate command that you posted below, synchronize
public folder again, also changed public calendar folder permission to
"Default as Reviewer", the public folder show up from outlook client
immediately.

Thank you for your help, Omer.

Kenny

In article <#tezg4HgEHA.2848@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, omermaydan@yahoo.com
says...
> Ok. i would suggest using the tool PFMIGRATE in order to set replicas of you
> system folders. this can be found on the Exchange Disk as a set of Exchange
> deployment tools. you should use that script, because he covers all the dark
> edges you could have missed during your Replication Setup. you should run
> the following command in order to build replicas of your System folders from
> the 5.5 to the 2003:
>
> PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SourceServer /T:DestinationServer /SF /A /N:500
> /F:C:\LOGFILE.LOG
>
> follow this link for a start on this tool:
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html

0
jywu1 (9)

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

sharing of folders

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Sorting Data #5

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Exchange 2007 across account search