Cached mode for Junk Mail folder to work?

Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and GFI
MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone else.  Turns out
he was not in 'cached mode' and the Junk Mail folder would not work without
cached mode being enabled.  Why is this?

Thanks.

In news:uDHiPoS7GHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
r042wal <r042wal@nospam.gmail.com> typed:
> Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and
> GFI MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone else.
> Turns out he was not in 'cached mode' and the Junk Mail folder would
> not work without cached mode being enabled.  Why is this?
>
> Thanks.

I dunno, but it is.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/11/2006 2:22:12 PM
I thought you were a Lanwrench   ...oh, that was GM   :-)

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

In news:O3FiFfU7GHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
r042wal <r042wal@nospam.gmail.com> typed:
> I thought you were a Lanwrench   ...oh, that was GM   :-)

:)

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:ewSedFU7GHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> In news:uDHiPoS7GHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
>> r042wal <r042wal@nospam.gmail.com> typed:
>>> Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and
>>> GFI MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone
>>> else. Turns out he was not in 'cached mode' and the Junk Mail
>>> folder would not work without cached mode being enabled.  Why is
>>> this? Thanks.
>>
>> I dunno, but it is.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/11/2006 3:59:05 PM
Outlook has to process the messages for its Junk Mail filtering to work.
Cached Mode copies the messages to the local machine and Outlook performs
the junk mail filtering during this copy.

Mike Ober.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:uDHiPoS7GHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> r042wal <r042wal@nospam.gmail.com> typed:
>> Yesterday I posted about a customer's Inbox filling up with SPAM and
>> GFI MailEssentials apparently not working for him, but everyone else.
>> Turns out he was not in 'cached mode' and the Junk Mail folder would
>> not work without cached mode being enabled.  Why is this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> I dunno, but it is.

0
Michael

IMF Blocking incorrect Mail
Hi IMF is blocking my backup logs from my backup software is there any way I can tell it to ignore mails from that SMTP path? Thanks Dayne i) Add the ip address of the smtp server that sends the backup logs to Global Accept list in Connection Filtering and enable Connection Filtering on the smtp virtual server(s) in Exchange ii) If on SP2 and the messages sent by the backup sw have a particular keyword in the subject/body, you can use the Custom Weighting feature to decrease/minimize SCL based on the keyword -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----...

forwarding incoming mail based on senders domain
Hello all... I'm running Exchange & Server 2003, is there a way to forward incoming mail messages to a specific user/account based on the incoming messages domain? In other words, I want all messages coming into my server from *****@domain.com to be forwarded to user account john (john@mydomain.com). Thanks! Todd Hi Todd, you could write a script SINK. Check on MS for catchall and modify it a bit for your needs. Thanks Stefan "Todd" <tkerinatvisi.com> wrote in message news:419d762f$0$228$a1866201@visi.com... > Hello all... > > I'm running Exchange &a...

Working time rota's
office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel Do you mean ie: Time On/Off duty, total hours, days off, etc etc? "Dave" <daveelenor195@binternet.com> wrote in message news:PuqdnUHSyNaUtM7anZ2dnUVZ8hmdnZ2d@bt.com... > office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel > ...

Journal internal mail only
Hello all, On Exchange 5.5 (via registry hacks) I was able to configure message journaling to affect ONLY internal email. That is, only messages which do NOT go to or come from the outside world are jounaled. On exchange 2000/2003 this appears to have changed. I can tick a box to archive ALL messages sent through a mail store, but I need to ONLY archive/journal internal messages. The reason for this is that we have a gateway service which archives all external mail. I need to send ONLY internal email to the gateway archive system. Does anyone know how to configure exchange 2000/20...

changing date format not working #2
After selecting a column and changing format to custom date yyyymmdd. The changes do not take place. Double Clicking in the individual cells afterwards bring up the desired results. ...

Calculating time worked using 100ths of an hour, from 1 day into n
Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the start time as I do for same day start and stop times? How about =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime) -- Gary's Student "maintchief" wrote: > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the > start time as I do for same day start and stop times? That pluse a mino...

How do I get entire addresses to show up for incoming mail?
Instead of just showing the sender's name, I want the 'new mail' list to show the entire email address. Is there a way to do this? For example, I want the 'from' field to show 'bill.smith@hotmail.com' as opposed to just Bill Smith. Thanks! Hopefully you don't have too many contacts that you want this to happen with but you can go into each contact and change the "Display as:" field. This field is right under the Email address field. It will probably show the persons name. All you need to do is copy/paste the email address into this field....

Install Folders for Windows Service
I have created a service and cannot figure out where the program is figuring out what to use for a company name or product name. I have a solution called UPS and a windows services called UPS.Service. My deployment project is called UPS.Deployment. When I build the msi and setup for the program it wants to put the folders in: c:\Program Files\Default Company\UPS.Deployment I want the intall program to put the default folder as: C:\Program Files\My Company\UPS I can't figure out how to make that work. In the primary output of the UPS.Deployment for the properties...

Cannot receive mail #3
According to my ISP, I have Outlook configured correctly. But it will not download incoming mail. It does send mail though. The problem appeared overnight after a very long period of error free operation. When I hit Send/Receive I see a message on the bottom right saying "Receiving Messages", but at the end I get an error message "Download error (account: 'pop.charter.net', POP3 server: pop.charter.net', Error Number 0x80040403). Any ideas what's wrong? A search for 0x80040403 in the MS site gave me this result: You Can Send Messages but You Receive an Error ...

OL2002
With OL2000 when I started the program, it would start in the Outlook Today and also start downloading mail. With OL2002 I must go to the IMAP inbox before download starts. Any suggestions? ...

Public folders #26
Hi, How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003? Thanks Go to First Admin Group\Folders\public folders and start creating folders. You will only be able to create mail folders (no calendars etc - do these from Outlook). Glen "Matt Owen" <MattOwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6E230AE-FFD3-490D-92C5-4ED64F235C64@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you create public folders in exchange system manager 2003? > > Thanks ...

Include contact e-mail address column
Is there a way to include the e-mail address column in the contact list by account report? You will need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed on a client computer plus the Crystal Enhancements for CRM (from the CRM installation CDs) in order to modify reports. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Agnes" wrote: > Is there a way to include the e-mail address column in the contact list by > account report? Thank's Matt. "MattNC" wrote: > You will need Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed on a client computer plus the > Crystal Enhancements ...

Is there a fix for incorrect duplex printing of mail-merge postca.
Printing mail-merge postcards on a DUPLEX printer is not correct. We print monthly invitations. In P'03, the front of a postcard to each recipient prints on the opposite side of the same card as the message. It does not in P'07. (The front AND back of the card print on the first side [with the front and back of the next addressee]. The following 2 addressees appear on the back. This will work correctly only IF, there is no personal note to the addressee on the back of the card AND the number of addressees is divisible by 4. We have to keep 2 computers in my office unconve...

how do i work on scanned documents?
i need help on working on my invoice that i scanned into my computer i don't know how If you didn't use an OCR program for the scan, you have an image. No editing allowed. What are you trying to accomplish? "working on my invoice" Are you trying to change the amount? "oilfield" <oilfield @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:454C21BC-7472-4C6E-9E6E-C871CEE57816@microsoft.com... >i need help on working on my invoice that i scanned into my computer i >don't > know how > oilfield <oilfield @discussions.microsoft.com> ...

flag to follow up not working
I have created a custom form (outlook 2003)based upon a contact form, & now I cannot seem to use a "flag to follow up" with it, can anyone help please ...

exchange 2003 public folder sync, which one is updated
If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and someone makes a change, which one is updated? The one they are connected to is the one that is updated. Users are connected to the one referred to in the properties of the Mailbox Store that houses their mailbox. "Trey" <Trey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:271997FD-E0BD-469B-A64D-2FC52FB68575@microsoft.com... > If I have public folders replicateing between 2 exchange 2003 systems and > someone makes a change, which one is updated? ...

Backup Exec: Backing up Exhange Store vs Mailboxes and Folders
In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? Thanks, Cliff cleeseely@gmail.com wrote: > In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, > Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is > it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the > Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? >...

task folder in public folders as default
I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts folder in public folders) and select "Action", "New Task". By default it saves the task in the default Tasks folder in my mailbox. I'm running OL2003 and EX2003 SP2. Any ideas? TIA. Brian Charest vtel <helpxxx@uppervalleycomputer.com> wrote: > I'd like to make a Tasks folder in my public folders be the default > location for tasks created when I open a contact (from a Contacts > folder in public folders...

Cell Not working
I have office 2002, my windows is home xp. Last week we had to reformat my xp, got a hold of a nasty worm! I just use a chart to display numbers in series. Now when I try it from an old sheet it inserts the number as a date? I keep trying to change the cell to GENERAL, but it dosen't work. Can't understand it. When you say you keep trying to re-format the cell as General, what result do you get? If I do it on a date cell (re-format) I get the date code (i.e. the value of the date). Ex. cells has "03-01-11", select cell and re-format to General = 37632. -- Regards; Ro...

Insert Picture fails repeatedly in Word 2008 when working with labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When trying to insert a picture (.tif, .jpg, .gif) into a text box on a label document, Word 2008 repeatedly fails, giving the message: "This application cannot open this file. This file is an unsupported graphic format or may be damaged. Try opening this graphic in another application". If I switch back to the regular (non-label) document, I can successfully insert the picture, then I was able to copy and paste it. But after a couple of times doing this, I received the message no matter which document I tried...

Repair OWA folders....
Hi all, Full of shame I come to you guys again.... I screwed up my IIS CAS folders...... AGAIN (I should no better after I f***ed them up in beta 2 also). But ohwell, at least I'm learning more and more about the wonderfull world of E2K7 right? I wanted to add a redirection of the root of my website to the owa folder and IIS changed this setting for all subfolders. Now when I want to access my OWA, it just times out. I tried to revert the settings, but did not have a backup of my IIS metabase... Also when I try to change the settings, some of my folders do not allow me to change back t...

How do I get e-mail addresses to be in hyperlink automatically
In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mail address or web site as I was preparing a letter and it would automatically put into a hyperlink mode. How do I do this with Windows 7? It has nothing to do with the version of Windows. What version of Word do you have? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Cyclone57" <Cyclone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0E26C20-6C34-452F-A001-0F2BE2F50EBF@microsoft.com... > In the older version of Windows I could type an e-mai...

Error after getting back to online mode
I am getting an error after trying to get back to online mode in microsoft CRM for outlook. I am getting an error message : an unknown error as occured. anyone has any idea ? ...

Correction of my e-first e-mail : how to permanently customize the Default Folder option on Excel 2000 ?
Correction of my e-first e-mail : Good day dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I need Your allways priceless advises. I'm working with Excel 2000 installed directly installed at the hard drive of my computer. I cannot permanently customize the Default Folder option in "Tools\Options\Default Folder\General". It works only during the current Windows session, a pc reboot would change again the Default Folder option to the former one. Is there any way to permanently customize the Default Folder option. Thank-You Octavio If you are working in a co...

HELP! Outlook/exchange public folder problem
Hi, We use an outlook custom contacts folder to manage business contacts in the organization. Suddenly all messages in the inbox opens in this custom form (even in preview). What could be the problem? We run SBS 2003 with exchange and clients are OL 2003/07 Any help solving this problem appreciated. KJ If I explain it further, present scenario is; Outlook reading pane got replaced by outlook default contact form. All incoming messages are now previewed in the notes window of the contact form, instead of the usual reading pane. On May 29, 1:01 pm, Kaps <kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:...