Cached Exchange Mode and Moving Mailboxes

I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After the
mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode
cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change the
server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has anyone
come across this?

"Dennis Romito" <DennisRomito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After
>the
> mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in cached
> mode
> cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change the
> server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has
> anyone
> come across this?

Outlook Profiler

0
na1 (222)
11/3/2004 6:08:32 PM
What do you mean by outlook profiler?

"Jason" wrote:

> "Dennis Romito" <DennisRomito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server. After
> >the
> > mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in cached
> > mode
> > cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change the
> > server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has
> > anyone
> > come across this?
>
> Outlook Profiler

http://goff.nu/products/windows/profiler/installguide.html

(though I don't think it will help here)

> What do you mean by outlook profiler?
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>

> > "Dennis Romito" <DennisRomito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > >I am moving users from a Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 Server.
After
> > >the
> > > mailboxs are moved, about half of the users using Outlook 2003 in
cached
> > > mode
> > > cannot connect to the new server. We have to manualy go in and change
the
> > > server name in Outlook. The users not using cached mode are fine. Has
> > > anyone
> > > come across this?
> >
> > Outlook Profiler

0
msexpert1 (171)

Exchange 2003 SBS mailboxes
I understand that SP2 will extend the mailbox store from 16GB to 75GB. But I have not found information in respect to how it affects each mailbox limit of 2 GB itself. Is there any mailbox increase in this Service Pack? On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 22:25:02 -0700, Michael F <MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I understand that SP2 will extend the mailbox store from 16GB to 75GB. But I >have not found information in respect to how it affects each mailbox limit of >2 GB itself. Is there any mailbox increase in this Service Pack? The mailbox isn't limited to 2GB. True,...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Exchange setup
When I try to install the exchange router I get an error message of 2755 and tells me that setup has failed. Any Ideas? ...

Moving the Mailbox Store in Exchange 2003
I have used the Exchange System manager to move the log files and the streaming database file (priv1.esm) to a new, larger drive but when I tell the system to move priv1.edb the sytem copies the file, says it is at 100% and then just spins, never finishing the database entry and re-mounting the store. I look and find the file now in 2 places and the System Manager still has the entry referencing the original location. I can then re-mount the store at its original location and things run fine. Is there a way to dismount the store, copy it to the new location and then manually chang...

Moving among protected sheets
Hello all, It appears that I can not use the [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] to move from a protected sheet. Can anyone verify this? When I try the [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] key combo on a protected sheet, it acts like [Alt] + [PgUp/PgDn]: The worksheet scrolls left/right one page at a time. What if I do not have my sheet tabs showing? How do I move to other sheets (keyboard or mouse) when the sheet is protected and sheet tabs are not shown? I have tried on XL XP and [Ctrl] + [PgUp/PgDn] works OK for me, whether or not any of the sheets are protected - also OK if sheet tabs are hidden. What XL ...

How to move Crystal GP Report from test to live environment
I am brand new to Crystal, having just dove in yesterday. For my first project, I created a simple customer invoice using Great Plains data on my test laptop. How can I move this report to my client's live environment? Any advice is very much appreciated! Thanks a bunch. -- Janey I'm going to assume you created an ODBC DSN that points to the TWO database on your laptop. I would create an ODBC connection on the client's workstations. Make sure the name is the same on each one. Within Crystal Reports XI is a Database menu. On that menu is an option named "Set Dat...

Public Folder properties in Exchange 2003
When viewing public folder properties in 2003 ESM such as Custom Attribute 1 how does that information make it from a DC to Exchange 2003. ie. On 5.5 (Bridgehead or target for PF CA) server add info to custome attribute 1 - force replication of PF CA for this site. Go to ESM and refresh and view the propertie pages for the public folder and view the attribute. Since the PF CA writes to either the E5.5 Dir or the DC MESO how does it get from the DC MESO to be viewabe in ESM? Thanks. ...

Cached Exchange Mode #5
I am running Small Business Server 2000 with Exchange 2000 in an environment of about 25 computers running Office 2003 Professional. We will soon be getting rid of our POP3 email provider, so I wanted to slowly migrate people into cached exchange mode so that we can implement the Junk E-mail folder (as well as a third party gateway spam catcher). When I open Outlook, and change their Exchange e-mail account to cached mode, and then restart Outlook; it syncs fine with the server and gives no errors. However when I view the Inbox, there are only messages that go back as far as "...

how do i use arrow keys to move from cell to cell
how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow keys only move my scroll bars kiki You might try touching your scroll lock key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kikikranx" <kikikranx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D693A58E-9164-45C8-B047-9211115D3A16@microsoft.com... > how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow > keys only move my scroll bars > > kiki kiki Tap your ScrLk(scroll lock) key to toggle out of this mode. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:47...

Exchange Server Sending to select recipients.............
I have update all records including the PTR, however, exchange 2003 is sending to some recipients and not other such as: hotmail, MSN and other local Exchange Servers. I can however send to my yahoo.com mail -- Thanks for you assistance! In news:4035D5F9-0F64-459B-BE7F-34F5C79E190E@microsoft.com, Sean <Sean8621@yahoo.com> typed: > I have update all records including the PTR, however, exchange 2003 is > sending to some recipients and not other such as: hotmail, MSN and > other local Exchange Servers. I can however send to my yahoo.com mail What's your domain name? p...

Moving exchange database to anotrher drive
I have a big contact database with objects and pictures in them. I'm running low on my server's C-Drive and I would like to transfer my exchange 2003 database to D-Drive. How can I move the exchange 2003 database from C to D properly? Here is a link that should help you out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html Hope this helps -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Ced Joson" <ccjoson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:02e701c3d18d$f5705700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a big contact database with objects ...

Help ! Presentation is in Compatability Mode
I created a presention in 2007 version, somehow my presentation is in Compatability mode. Is there anyway I can change this? Compatibility mode just means it was saved as a PPT or PPS (97-2003 format file) file. Choose File | Save As and then save as PowerPoint Presentation (*.pptx). -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "vgstravel" <vgstravel@discussions.microsoft.com...

IMF v2
Hello, all looks like running fine. Messages will be blocked and stored to the archive folder. But messages which should be moved to the Junk-e-Mail folder are always in the Inbox. Do you have any idea why? Thank you for help Tom Make sure the Junk Email folder is enabled for each mailbox. Check these links: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/015/outlookjunk.htm http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Thomas Kie...

administer Exchange from another domain
I tried to administer an Exchange 2003 Server from another domain in the forest. I installed Exchange Management Tools , I delegated the role Full Administrator for that account, but I didn't work. I mention the computer is a Windows 2003 Server, in fact is the domain controller for that domain. What can I do? Adrian ...

Exchange 2000 Badmail directory
I've seen some discussion about the Badmail folder, but does anyone know how to prevent email from going there? Just cleaning it out is easy, but I need it to stop processing for it. Disk I/O is quite heavy because of it. I don't know of any way to keep things from going there - why not write a batch file that deletes the contents and schedule it to run every X hours or so? del <full path to badmail>\*.* /q Mark wrote: > I've seen some discussion about the Badmail folder, but > does anyone know how to prevent email from going there? > Just cleaning it out is e...

Recreate SystemAttendant Mailbox
We are decomissioning one of our servers. Long story short, we are migrating users to new hardware and recycling the SAN disksets where the Exchange databases used to be as the databases are emptied out. (The disks are getting used for other things and our new Exchange has separate SAN storage.) I'm at a point now where I can remove another database, but it is the first-created database and holds the SystemAttendant mailbox. I seem to recall it is safe to delete this database, assuming all user mailboxes are out of it, and when I restart the SA, the SystemAttendant mailbox will be recreat...

newbie trying to create mailboxes
I am writing a Active directory program, im stuck on the bit where I add mailboxes to accounts. I got some code of the microsoft website that creates a mailbox for a specified user, I need to create a mailbox for all users in a group called TaxGroup in the users container.Could I get some help modifying it to add the a Group. Dim oIADSUser Dim oMailbox Set oIADS = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE") strDefaultNC = oIADS.Get("defaultnamingcontext") 'MsgBox FindAnyMDB("CN=Configuration," & strDefaultNC) 'TODO: Use the newly created domain user account to repl...

archiving problem, outlook 2003, exchange 2003
has anyone had this problem yet? i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old archived messages are still online in the inbox?? how the heck. i tried it for multiple accounts and multiple computers, still the same problem. i don't understand what might be causing this. archiving to a pst... -- nick Nicholas Oneil schrieb: > i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old > archived messages are still online in the inbox?? > how the heck. i tried it for multiple accounts and multiple computers, > still the same proble...

frustrating exchange routing problem
Hello, I have banged my head against the wall for weeks trying to wrestle this problem into submission without success. So at last, I post here, hoping that someone else can help. Any insight will be rewarded with karma and gratitude. First, let me explain my set-up. I have an Internet mail server (hereafter IMS) which runs on FreeBSD and qmail. It talks SMTP to the big bad Internet, and relays mail for my domains to my Exchange 2003 mail server (EMS) running on MS Server 2003 which lives behind my firewall since I don't want the Internet beasties poking at my information store. The EMS ...

MTA RPC errors after removing an Exchange Server
Hello, I recently removed an Exchange 2000 Server from our organization by running the remove option from the Exchange CDROM. Everything was fine however since I did this the new Exchange 2003 cluster server that has taken over logs the following event every 10 minutes exactly: Calling client thread does not have permission to use MTA RPCs. Windows 2000 error code: 0X80070005. Client user account: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON. [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 28 237] (14) I have rebooted the new machine and confirmed that the old mailserver is removed from the Exchange organization. Does anyon...

Cannot see mailboxes in Global Address list
When we open an mailbox using outlook on an Exchange 2003 server we do not see the mailboxes specific to that server in the Global Address List. We just performed a restore of the database. I know that MS does not support this config, but it was working previosly. All permissions appear to be correct. Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts. ...

Event ID 9313--Mailbox Manager can't send messages
We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 and every time mailbox management runs on one of our servers, we get a string of 9313 errors from MSExchangeSA (pretty much every mailbox on the server). Here's the error: Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Mailbox Management EventID: 9313 Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Report Recipient: XXXX@XXXX.com Error: c1050000 It seems like the mailboxes are being processed, the reports just aren't going out. I already looked at KB555411 and...

Crm Exchange Problem
Hi, i have installed crm exchange e-mail router on exchange server machine, everything ok. Crm server is on other machine. When I try to send and email from the crm cliente it shows me: "Unexpected error..." and in the event log puts "A soap error ocurred, access denied". I added crm server in pre-windows 2000 security group and the user i put when i installed email router is an administrador, the same that i used in crm server installation. I use windows 2003 server on each server, ¿some idea, please? ------=_NextPart_0001_3DD5C776 Content-Type: text/plain Cont...

SQL2005
Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to backup databases that are on standby mode? Basically i have a disaster recovery enviornment that is offsite and we periodically test our DR implementation which requires those db's to be brought online. Our databases are synchronized thru Log Shipping but we have quite a few. So i'm wondering is there a way to backup the standby db's before onlining them. I basically want to somehow preserver the LSN sequence so that i dont' have to ship down full backups just to be able to do log shipping again. Anyhelp would be greatly a...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...