c1010aae the object cannot be found in the directory. This...

I've a a problem with the Mailbox Resource Container,
there are some mailboxes more than recipents container,
when I try to open one of mentioned mailboxes I have an
error (see the subject). What is necessary to do to
delete than?
My server: Exchange server 5.5 sp4
one site
500 users
Thanks,
Eros
0
e.marra (1)

See if this information helps:

SYMPTOMS
========
After you delete a mailbox, the mailbox may still appear in Mailbox
Resources, taking up space in the database. When you double-click the
"orphaned" Mailbox Resources, mailbox properties do not display. Instead,
you may see the following error message:

	The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because
	replication has not completed.

	c1010aae

CAUSE
=====
This problem occurs infrequently, but has several causes, including
replication anomalies, move mailbox failures, restoration of an information
store backup, and deleting mailboxes through bulk import with versions of
the Exchange Administrator program earlier than version 5.5 Service Pack 1.
 For additional information, please see the following article in the
Microsoft Knowledge Base:

	KBLink:184160.KB.EN-US: Messages Left After Deleting Mailbox w/
	Directory Import

WORKAROUND
==========
To remove these resources, you must create a new mailbox with the same
directory name on the same server, and then delete that mailbox. When you
create the "twin" mailbox, it will link to the mailbox resources; when you
delete the mailbox, it will remove the resources.

You may create the twin mailbox automatically or manually. To create the
mailbox automatically, use the DS/IS Consistency Adjuster. This should be
done only with the Exchange Server 5.5 Administrator program. Earlier
versions of the Adjuster risk inadvertently rehoming public folders as a
side effect. The Exchange Server 5.5 Adjuster may be used on an Exchange
Server 5.0 or 4.0 computer.

The DS/IS Consistency Adjuster performs four different operations. In the
pre-5.5 Exchange Administrator program, the Adjuster can not be configured
to run only a subset of its operations. In the 5.5 version, you can choose
which functions to run.

The Consistency Adjuster tool is found in Exchange Administrator program on
the Advanced properties of the <Server> object. Expand on <Site>,
Configuration, Servers, and double-click on the server on which you want to
run the Consistency Adjuster to open the Properties page.

To automatically create mailboxes for all orphaned mailbox resources on a
server, follow these steps:

1. Access the DS/IS Consistency Adjuster tool in Exchange Server 5.5
   Administrator program.

2. Click to select only the first operation, "Synchronize with the
   directory, and create new directory entries for mailboxes that do not
   have a corresponding directory entry". Make sure the other three
   operation check boxes are not selected (click to clear them if they
   are).

3. For the Filter, choose All Inconsistencies.

When you click OK, you will be warned about the danger of public folder
rehoming. If you did not select the third operation, folders will not be
rehomed, and you may ignore the warning.

Note that this method will not work to rectify a move mailbox failure which
leaves mailbox resources on one server, while the mailbox is homed on
another. This is because the Consistency Adjuster checks site-wide, and
operates only on resources for which there is no directory entry in the
entire site.

To manually create mailboxes for specific orphaned mailbox resources on a
server, follow these steps:

1. Verify the Directory Name associated with the mailbox resources. The
Directory Name is often, but not always, the same as the alias name.

In most circumstances, you view the Directory Name of a mailbox from the
mailbox object's Advanced properties page. In this case, the mailbox no
longer exists in the Directory, but its resources are "orphaned" inside the
information store database. You may still view information about the
mailbox through the Mailbox Resources page found under the servers Private
Information Store object.

The Directory Name for a mailbox is not displayed by default in Mailbox
Resources. You may add the Directory Name to the display through the View
menu's Column dialog box.

The full Directory Name displayed will be similar to:

	/O=ORGANIZATION/OU=SITE/CN=RECIPIENTS CONTAINER/CN=DIRECTORY NAME
The final CN= value is the Directory Name that must be entered for the
mailbox. Note that you must also create the mailbox in the same Recipients
container in which it previously existed.

2. Create the mailbox as you would any normal mailbox. Check Advanced
   properties before saving the mailbox for the first time to ensure that
   the Directory Name is correct. The Directory Name is the only mailbox
   attribute that must be matched exactly during this procedure.

3. Delete the mailbox, and the associated mailbox resources will also
   be deleted.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Eros Marra" <e.marra@lechler.it>
>Sender: "Eros Marra" <e.marra@lechler.it>
>Subject: c1010aae the object cannot be found in the directory. This...
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:37:45 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>I've a a problem with the Mailbox Resource Container,
>there are some mailboxes more than recipents container,
>when I try to open one of mentioned mailboxes I have an
>error (see the subject). What is necessary to do to
>delete than?
>My server: Exchange server 5.5 sp4
>one site
>500 users
>Thanks,
>Eros

0
rroddy (682)

Distance between objects?
How do I set an equal distance between objects on a page. Example: I have 5 objects and I need exactly 1/8 inch between them. The closest I come is "Arrange" then "Align or Distribute" and then "Distribute Horizontally" but I cannot specify the distance between the objects. Help - please & thanks. -Steve Draw lines, position them, use them to align your items, delete the lines -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "steveg" <steveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Only one GC is listed in the Directory Access Tab
I am in a mulity domain multiy exchange server enviroment I am in my own administrative group. When I create the RUS and go back and modify it I have the option to select any DC in my AD site, but when I look on the directory access tab, only one server is listed. I have confirmed that Discovery Servers is checked. I also have confirmed that all domain controllers are selected from the drop down. I turned on DCAccess logining and all the servers are listed. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to troubleshoot next. Thanks DNS is what you need to trouble shoot, Clear the DN...

Edit views/forms of objects not normally customizable
I wanted to make a view of annotations (an object type not normally listed under "system customization"). I could use the sdk and write the xml by hand but that's a huge drag (and very error-prone). Instead if you can find the aspx for editing a certain object (I traced requests, could also view source) you can just change the ObjectId he gets and use the nice UI e.g. http://crm/Tools/objectmanager/objectmanager.aspx?oid=5 for annotations. Still might have to take the results from the db and put back through the sdk if you want to do more (I will), but does save some work. This ...

Problem with SHFileOperation when Copying Directory
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I use SHFileOperation to copy a directory contents. I found that the files on the Destination folder is not the same as the Source. This is dangerous. The number of files copied is the same but in my case here, 2 files weren't copied and replaced by other files that has been renamed. And one STRANGE thing in my case, it use the same counter except the zero is 1 digit less. Problem: Source: A0001.pdf B0001.pdf C0001.pdf D0001.pdf E0001.pdf Destination: A0001.pdf B0001.pdf B001.pdf D0001.pdf D001.pdf How can this be happen? Is there any solutiion? I still...

Delete Files where-object CreatedDate
Hi Guys i have the following script. This is meant to get all files within a directory and delete it if it older than 31 days can someone assist me as this is currently not working as this script deletes based on LastWriteTime and Not Create Date. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong is this script below, or perhaps provide something that works All i need is a script that checks a specific directory that I supply, for example D:\FTP\Public\ And Deletes all Files and Folders Older (Create Date) than 31 days #Date Created 28/01/2010 #Owner Marcus Van Wyk vanwykm@gess...

How to store (from cmdprompt) a directory with cyrillic filenames into file.txt ?
Assume I open a commandprompt and go to a directory D:\test\mydir\ which contains many files. Some of them have cyrillic filenames. Now I want to store this directory list into a file.txt. The first approach: dir >file.txt does NOT work because commandprompt is not able to handle cyrillic filenames. How else can I achieve this? Cindy NOTE: OP used FollowUp-To header to redirect replies to only one of the original newsgroups despite the OP considered her post on-topic to all of the cross-posted newsgroups. The original Newsgroup header was restored in my reply. ...

EventID 565 : Source: Security : Category: Object Access
Good Afternoon, I'm receiving many dozens (if not hundreds) of errors in the Security Log of my Exchange 2003 server. Below is representative of the error I am receiving, but in short, it is: EventID: 565 Source: Security Category: Object Access I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this, so I can clear it up. Any ideas? -David (Detail below) --------------------------------------- Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /O=SRD/OU=SRDDOM/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGESERVER/cn=...

How can read object order by useing writing?
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActiveCellFont).Show ........................2 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogAddChartAutoformat).Show.....................3 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActivate).Show...............................4 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogZoom).Show ....................How to know it order = ? thank you ...

Text Object Model
Hi All, Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me get started in using it? Where on MSDN are examples or what do I need to start? Thanks Larry The next question (should have had this in the original!) Can the TOM be used like the Rich Edit Control? Thanks Again Larry "Larry J. Siddens" <lsiddens@noSpamHere.com> wrote in message news:ufbPT1LaDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me > get started in using it? Where on MSDN are...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (2'nd post)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

ActiveX component can't create object
I have an MS Access2002 app that I imported into Access 2007. It was running fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly I get this error: ActiveX component can't create object when it executes this line of code. Set olookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") I checked my references, and they are ok, and the app compiles ok. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Are you sure Outlook is installed properly on the machine? FWIW, CreateObject doesn't require references: it's how you'd instantiate the object in Late Binding. -- Doug Steele, Mic...

Delete values in sheet 2 that arre found in sheet 1
Is there an easy way to delete values in sheet 2 that match the value from sheet 1. I have approximately 10000 rows in sheet 1 and some identical rows on sheet 2 that need to be eliminated? I not sure if this has to be done pragmatically or if there is some feature in excel 2007 that can handle this type of request. thanks Nick If it is the values in a single column on each sheet that make up the duplication, it's fairly easy. Lets say you want to compare the contents of column A on each sheet to find duplicates on Sheet2 (that are also on Sheet1). Your data starts o...

MS Exchange Serevr 5.5 Directory error
I cannot seem to find my archive or private folder after I had chnaged permissions on my server directories. However I could see the Public folder when I am in Outlook on my PC though. Each time I am on the Server (WINNT4.0) and attempt to connect to the Exchange Server it gives me the following error: "Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem" What can I do to solve this. I am in Vanuatu in the South Pacific with less support. Robert Vauatu ...

Creating a picture/object
I have information in a worksheet (data in cells) and charts that I want to save as a picture or object. Inprevious versions of excel there was a function that allowed the user to copy a worksheet and save as a picture. Ultimately I will be using the object or picture to import into a power point presentation. How can I do this? Thank you Select the range you wish to make a picture of..........then hold down both the Ctrl and shift keys and click on the EDIT selection of the toolbar, .......you will now see the "COPY PICTURE" selection that you would not see if you did not hold...

Default Save As directory
In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to a different directory on another drive? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist "C:/My Documents" is not a default win folder, did you create it, or redirect the default My Documents folder? The answere to your Q may depend on the individual Programs, which in their settings may allow you to specify a default location. ...

moving home directory broke environment (OSX)
I moved my home directory to a new partition and created a /Users link=20 to the new location. All apps have taken this fine with the exception of = MS Office. I have removed every instance of Office's preferences from=20 wherever I can find them but I'm still not getting reliable results, = most=20 notably my font and graphics support. What kind of environment settings are saved by Office and where? How=20 can I reset them to 'null' as if I were a brand new user?=20 In fact, I did create a brand new test user and ran Office successfully. = So, it's my personal settings...

The page cannot be found 404 Exch2000
When trying use OWA on local network receiving this error message. I have a exch2000 on W2003 standart server. Exch2000 server has migrated from older W2000 Server. In old system OWA was working without problems but now on new server i have a this error message. Pls any help??? In news:1143733370.521940.221720@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, Incukane <inese@ev.lv> typed: > When trying use OWA on local network receiving this error message. I > have a exch2000 on W2003 standart server. Exch2000 server has migrated > from older W2000 Server. In old system OWA was working without ...

How do I set up newsgroups when the news icon can't be found?
I had initially set up newsgroups without any difficulty, but now they are gone in Outlook. I reinstalled Outlook when I could not find the news tab to drag it to the Go column as the instructions indicate. How can I find it? I am running WindowsXP Home Edition and Outlook 2003. Thank you. Jeanine (dusky1228@hotmail.com) Try Outlook Express rather than Outlook. -- Charles Kenyon Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/users...

How to repair Microsoft Exchange System Objects?
Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I tried forestprep etc, but nothing. Thank You What's exactly broken dude? Oliver "Kucho" <Kucho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED4B861D-94D1-4B31-A81C-238AA70AEDDE@microsoft.com... > Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I > tried > forestprep etc, but nothing. > Thank You Thank yoy for reply, but I resolve problem. The public folders wasn't mail enabled. After setting mail enabled they show in Microsoft exchange system objects. Th...

How do I make a shadow behind an object have 'soft, fuzzy' edges?
I got the shadow in okay, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the edges soft or fuzzy. I received a printed newsletter that has that effect behind pictures; however, I don't know if it was done in Publisher. I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it in Publisher? I recommend doing things like that in a photo editing program and then inserting the finished product in your document. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sandyd" <sandyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to read xml into dataset from xmlwriter object?
Hi, I have two Datagrids. >From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another datagrid I don't want to write the content of xmlWriterObj into a file rather keep them in memory. So, when I tried to use DG2.ReadXml(xmlWriterObj...), it erros out because this method expects xmlReader obj. How can I do this? Thanx, AceMonster wrote: > I have two Datagrids. >>From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) > Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another...

_com_ptr_t as static object in a DLL
Hello, I use something in the lines of void f() { static IRegEx Ptr p( __uuid( RegEx ) ); ... } This works fine - until I quit the program. I then get an access violation in p->Release ( actually in the destructor of _com_ptr_t). The code is in a DLL. If I make p a normal local variable, everything works as expected. Where is the problem? Is it necessary to make special provisions when using COM in a DLL? I think not, because without the static everything is well. Is it the destruction order of static objects? p's constructor is called in the context of a D...

Misplacement of objects on a sheet
In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000), objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82. Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of buttons. You can click any of the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to that worksheet. The current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the example). In the "Incorrect" example, notic...

validating username and password in Active Directory
I am looking for help with the following task: 1. User clicks button on worksheet 2. Userform opens asking for username and password 3. The username and password information is verified against active directory 4. If username and password match AD, the user's initials are entered into a particular cell 5. If username and password do not match AD, a msgbox advises the user of the incorrect information. I already have the userform created and know how to do the msgbox stuff, I am just looking for the code to validate the user entered information to that in AD. Any sugges...

Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager: Data Source Name not found and No Default Driver Specified
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C831F9.1F940070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been meaning to ask this question for years (literally). In the Excel reports that I create for others in the company, I almost = exclusively use external data via MS Query from SQL databases. I always = use a system ODBC connection created not within Excel, but within the = ODBC administrator. In many cases I'll use the SA login and password = for the connection and in some cases, I'...