blocking emails from mydomain.com coming into my email server from the internet

I would like to block all incoming emails that have the domain name
@mycompany.com from coming into my email server from the internet.  I
have been getting a lot of viruses lately from spoofed email
addresses.  The viruses get removed of course but all the users still
get the neutered emails.  I would like to eliminate this from emails
supposedly coming in from our domain.

I blocked them at the firewall but somehow they keep getting in so now
I would like to block them on the exchange 2003 server as well.  How
would I go about doing this?

0
nospam7323 (57)

Since they are spoofed, you run the risk of blocking mails from legitimate
senders. But if you are still adamant that you want to do it this way, then
you can do it at the "message delivery" level, under "global settings". When
you r-click and select "properties", you will see "Sender Filtering". You
can add a domain to block by specifying *@domaintoblock.whatever.

Reading between the lines, it also appears that you are saying that the
sender is spoofing YOUR domain name. If so, there is not much you can do.
Invest in a good Anti-SPAM solution.

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - we know IT
www.akomolafe.com
Yesterday?  -anon
"Jason Gallas" <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote in message
> I would like to block all incoming emails that have the domain name
> @mycompany.com from coming into my email server from the internet.  I
> have been getting a lot of viruses lately from spoofed email
> addresses.  The viruses get removed of course but all the users still
> get the neutered emails.  I would like to eliminate this from emails
> supposedly coming in from our domain.
>
> I blocked them at the firewall but somehow they keep getting in so now
> I would like to block them on the exchange 2003 server as well.  How
> would I go about doing this?

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Does a 'grace period' exist for Server CALs??
I am presently planning a new Win2k8 R2 DC/TS/AD/DNS server install. I know the TS/RDS CALs have a "grace period" which allows me time to obtain however many additional CALs we need. Does a similar "grace period" exist for the Server CALs per se?? If I don't have enough Server CALs (device) at the time of setting up the server and people's computers connecting to it via Terminal Services/Citrix, what will happen?? I haven't found anything searching the Internet... Thank you, Tom Hello tom12010, See here about the grace periods depending ...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

OL2003
I have a user who is trying to migrate his .pst file from one system to another. So he sent his pst file to himself using OL2002 but when he opens his e-mail in OL2003 the file is blocked. I found a list of files that are blocked and according to the list .pst isn't one of them. Does anybody have a better list that includes .pst files. Sure would make it easier to explain to the user With the research I have done so far this appears to cleary be a client issue and not an Exchange issue. I have no problem seeing the .pst and downloading it in OL2002. The only way so far that...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

7-bit and News Servers
Most of the messages that come here get the following news header fixed into them: Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I recently (15:16 Eastern, 2010.06.02, Wednesday) looked through various messages and noticed that the following people no longer post 7-bit. From: "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten at usinternet dot com> References: <1EDE11CE-8D50-4A18-B59C-95C45B849EFC@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: Instr problem in VB5 Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:12:35 -0500 Lines: 15 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1983 X-...

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Email Tracking from Shared Outlook Inbox
We have our system setup so that some users have Full Access rights to other users inboxes. The problem comes when a user attempts to track an email from a mailbox other than their own. From an open message the user does not have the Track in CRM button, but if they attempt to track using the buttton available from the inbox, they get an error message stating that they cannot track from the Outlook store to the CRM store. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks! You have to drag the email into the inbox of the CRM user before tracking it. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM ...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...