Blocking a specific e-mail address

I am using ex2003 in 2000 domain.

What is the best way of blocking an specific email address
from being delivered.

Also, is the server does block an address, is it using the
smtp address or the ip address that the smtp origanated
from?

REgards,

0
anonymous (74722)

Using Exchange System Manager, right-click Message Delivery, go to
Properties, under the Filtering tab enter the email address you want to
block. This will globally block the email address.

"eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using ex2003 in 2000 domain.
>
> What is the best way of blocking an specific email address
> from being delivered.
>
> Also, is the server does block an address, is it using the
> smtp address or the ip address that the smtp origanated
> from?
>
> REgards,

0
Megan
6/24/2004 11:29:42 PM
Opps, do the following:

Expand your server, and then click Protocols.
Click SMTP, right-click Default SMTP Virtual Server, and then click
Properties.
On the General tab, click Advanced, click the existing IP Address - TCP Port
mapping, and then click Edit.
In the Identification dialog box, click to select the Apply Filter check
box.

Click OK three times, and then give the Metabase Update service some time to
transfer the configuration changes into the IIS metabase

"David McPeak" <David McPeak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Megan,
>       I appreciate your input. I couldn't find this anywhere else. I put
> in the address I was trying to block plus a test account I have with
> hotmail and hit apply and ok. It still accepted the email from the test
> account. Do I have to restart some of the exchange services or the entire
> server perhaps? thanks again.
>
> David McPeak
>
> "Megan Kielman" wrote:
>
>> Using Exchange System Manager, right-click Message Delivery, go to
>> Properties, under the Filtering tab enter the email address you want to
>> block. This will globally block the email address.
>>

>> "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am using ex2003 in 2000 domain.
>> >
>> > What is the best way of blocking an specific email address
>> > from being delivered.
>> >
>> > Also, is the server does block an address, is it using the
>> > smtp address or the ip address that the smtp origanated
>> > from?
>> >
>> > REgards,

0
Megan

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

How do Iimport my e-mails from my comcast e-mail to outlook
I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have my outlook setup properly, how would I know On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:57:03 -0700, Tonya wrote: > I would like to have all of my e-mails that go to my comcast e-mail address > to be sent to my outlook address, how do I do this. I'm not sure if I have > my outlook setup properly, how would I know There isn't an "Outlook address". MS Outlook is a mail client, your Comcast email address points to a server which...

cannot receive mail #4
For some strange reason I cannot receive email. I can send but not receive. I have checked all the settings and they look good. It says sending and receiving in the right hand corner. I do not get any errors. The send receive message goes away but no mail. I know there is mail because I go on the internet and check to see if I have mail and there is some. I am on a wireless network with my other computer. I have it set up so the mail stays on the server so my wife can check the mail on my other computer. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:06:44 -0500, Bob wrote: > For some strange ...

Mutiple e-mails
I realize you probably get A LOT of e-mail, so I will keep it short. I just signed up with DSL, and I have multiple e-mails now. How can I have a separate inbox for each e-mail so I can use outlook for all of them without changing user names. Basically a separate inbox for each separate e-mail account, because one is for business, personal, and another is generic. Thank you in advance for your help. Will ...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

sadfsadf e
asdas dsad ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

How to find addresses stored in Favorites folder
My toobar shows a button for adding to favorites but I can not find my favorites list anywhere after I add them? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041116.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ "Zuli" <Zuli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B7543A-7BE9-40C6-A4BA-5770FD90AB79@microsoft.com... > My toobar shows a button...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

Browsing Blocked
It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works. It is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How can I fix this problem? You'll have to explain in more detail what "block IE8 from browsing" means. Any idea what version of Windows you have, including the service pack number? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Lee wrote: > It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing > sites. I have turned off all add...

Cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar
Problem Description: I cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar Problem Area: E-mail Problems Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 ...

How do I send to myself at an alternate email address?
I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses - one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem sending internally thru the LAN. Do you get any errors? If yes, please post the exact error message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, DeeJay asked: | I have Outlook 2007 an...

Bad Mail
Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any more on our exchange server? Thanks, Steve You can create a batch file that deletes the contents of the folder, and schedule it to run automatically/daily. Steve wrote: > Is there a way to stop the bad mail buildup that is due > to the sending of email to mailboxes that don't exist any > more on our exchange server? > > Thanks, > Steve Is there any other way to just block incomming mail destined for these of email boxes? >-----Original Messa...

Suggestions on how to create a database that will allow lookup of nonunique addresses for unique names
Hello: I am relatively new to access, though vaguely familiar with database concepts and Access jargon (i.e., queries). I need to do the following (see below) and I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best way (at a high level) to do this in Access. I have a large list of names and addresses thrown into a single flat table. There are many duplicates in the file. Somehow, I need to separate duplicate addresses from the file and place them in another table so that I can link the list of unique names to the addresses (i.e., a one to many relationship). My end users will be using the d...

Multiple recipients for one address
Total newbie question. I work for a company with a dedicated service department. I need for up to 5 people to be able to get a copy of a message that comes in to the address "servcie@ourdomain.com". I tried adding this address to each of the users, but I can't give one address to multiple users. I don't want to create a "Service" user and have them check that account. I just want the emails to be routed from the service@ address to each users' inbox. Total newbie, so detailed answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create a mail-enabled Grou...

How to forward AOL e-mails to Outlook 2000?
After many years, I finally found the time to install Outlook. I'm trying to wean myself off AOL, and will eventually switch to a different e-mail server. In the meantime, I have installed Outlook 2000, and followed the directions on several installation tutorials, all of which gave pretty much the same info. At the end, they state the following: "Go to the IMAP tab and make sure that 'Store special folders on IMAP server is not checked'." The only things in my IMAP are Root Folder Path, which is blank (I have no idea what to type there), and "Check for new ...

Offline address book
Recently a handful of users are not getting an updated version of the offline address book. These users are using Outlook 2003 and in cached mode. i simply delete the udetails.oab file (1.7mb) and goto send and receive > download address book and they get the new version. I have checked exchaneg 2003 and in the event logs it sucesgully creates a new OAB every night, think it says version 4 or something. Any ideas what's happening? Hi Gonzo, This is default behaviour, Outlook will normally download a .diff offline address book only every 24 hour. This is default behaviour be...