Blank Emails #3

Hello,
 Environment is Exchange 2003 Standard loaded on a Windows
2003 Server Standard Edition.

 My users are using Outlook 2002(XP) and some of them are
using Outlook 2003. Some of them create Rich Text, some
Plain Text, some HTML. I have been going through trying
all different ones for them. This has never happened until
Exchange 2003 (installed roughly 1 1/2 Months ago).
Problem only popped up a week ago.

The problem is, users are sending and recieving blank
emails occasionally. Even the copy that goes into
their 'Sent' Items is blank. They all have the latest
Service Packs and hotfixs.

The hardest part is, it is not consistant, it is random
(or so it would seem). Not always the same sender or
reciever. I will change one setting, say from HTML to
Plain Text for instance, and then when they create a new
message and send it, it will work again, for a day or hour
or two.
Then it will do it again.

Can anyone please help offer me any advise?
I dont know if this is an Exchange issue, or an Outlook
Issue.

Thank you,
Paul
..

0
tiburon (4)

Try this:

Go to Internet message format on Global options,go to
properties and go to Message Format tab, change the MIME
settings to provide message body as HTML and on Advanced
tab, chnage the exchange rich text to determined by user
settings option.

If still not work, try playing with that options.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/24/2004 1:02:05 PM
Hi, Thanks for the tip. I have made the change suggested,
we shall see what happens. I did take a look at my old
Exchange 2000 server, just to see what those same settings
you mentioned were at before. They were set the same as my
Exchange 2003, until I just changed it.
 Anyways, I mostly just wanted to thank you for your
reply, at least its something to try!!

Thanks,
Paul

0
tiburon (4)
2/24/2004 3:30:09 PM
Hello,
 I just thought I would update this thread with my
findings. After further research, I think the problem was
due to Mcafee GroupShield 6.0. Apprently this is a known
problem for them and are working on a fix, in the
meantime, im back to 5.2 SP1.

Thanks

0
tiburon (4)
2/24/2004 6:39:25 PM
No problem:

:-)

Multiple copies of just one email
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed send/receive. All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy. Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter? I only get one copy of all other messages from the same sender. If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group. I was able to log into my ...

Benifits of tracking number on email subject line
According to the Techknowledge article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx turning off the tracking number results in the loss of the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track incoming e-mail. Can someone please explain which trcking functionality are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of having the tracking number ? Thanks. Sorry, I didn't give the right link. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp? id=34747&target=PS Document ID: 34747 >-----Original Message----- >According to the Techknowledge arti...

blanks instead of "0" in vlookup
This is a vlookup: I am looking up a cell that happens to be blank, but the result of the vlookup is "0." How do I change the O to a blank? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 =IF(ISBLANK(vlookup),"",(vlookup)) Replace vlookup with your current vlookup formula. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Patty via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5107F8367ABD0@OfficeKB.com... > This is a vlookup: > > I am looking up a cell that...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

Outlook reminders #3
I have a client who is still recieving outlook reminders from several weeks ago, also, when opening outlook it opens every reminder she setup. Another users reminders are not working according to schedules he has setup, reminders are popping up late. I ran the command outlook /cleanreminders but this did not resolve these issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

Make combobox blank in macro
I use a wizard to create a combo box to find the record in my form. It creates macro automatcially. Works fine. After finding the record, I want to set the combo box to null or "" but need help add that line in macro. Thanks. Sorry but not many people use macros (me too) so can’t really be help there. But try this. I assume your macro is search on a name ? You have the ID field in the combo and the name and the ID field is the bound column of the combo ??? If so. 1st MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE Then – open you form in design view Right click the combo an...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

Time #3
I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. :-) If I have time in the format of: 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS and I need it in minutes only. How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Hi see you post in Excel.worksheet.functions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Here@There.com wrote: > I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. > :-) > > If I have time in the format of: > > 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS > > and I need it in minutes only. > > How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Custom format [m...

counting non-blanks
On the topic of counting non-blanks in a column, while NOT counting cells that look blank but actually have a formula in them: Thought I'd provide more breadcrumbs for future solvers of this problem: COUNTIF(Range, ">?") worked great for me. Brilliant idea. I had tried >0 to no avail, so it never occurred to me to try > something else. I was even able to use the entire column reference as a range (E:E), except then it counted the column heading as well (obviously not blank), so my working formula became COUNTIF(Range, ">?")-1 EggHeadCafe - .NET De...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

email attachments #12
Outlook removes access to every attachment I receive. How do I stop this so I can view the attachments? ...

Outbox message about unsent emails.
Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get rid of this message. Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to ...

OWA running on 3 Exchange servers... not redirecting externally
Sorry for the vague subject. Here is what I have going on. I have three Exchange 2000/2003 servers, we'll see ServerA, ServerB, and ServerC. ServerA is located at the main branch and all incoming mail is received here. ServerB and ServerC are branch offices connected via a s2s vpn. My issue is when access OWA externally... I use our FQDN, http://mail.fqdn.com. Well, if the destination mailbox resides on ServerB or ServerC... ServerA attemps to redirect using internal DNS names (ie. http://serverb.domain.local). How can I configure OWA so that it will properly redirect externally? I ...

Cannot delete email message?
Is that something you want help with? If so, you should post a more detailed explanation of the problem to a newsgroup dedicated to supporting your email client. This particular forum is dedicated to MS Access, the database program which comes with MS Office. George "Susan Phelan" <divasue@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23YmPewVVIHA.5396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Stopping Outlook sending Email Not Read messages
Hi. I read all my email at work but have a copy sent to another pop3 mailbox which i download at home. I download headers only and then select the messages i wish to keep at home and delete the rest. Since buying a new laptop, its started sending "Email Not Read" receipts to people whose messages i delete at home. This is obviously confusing them as in some cases i've replied to the email i had at work! My previous copy of Outlook never used to do it and i've turned off all read receipts options. Any ideas how i can stop this? Alex ...

POP downloading but not displaying email
I recently installed the Outlook Connector to Windows Live mail account (although I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem). Suddenly, when downloading pop email, the email never actually reaches my Outlook mailboxes. Some email does but the vast majority of it doesn't. On the bottom right of Outlook, it shows downloading of messages but then the messages just disappear. I have looked in the junk folder, deleted folder, even the draft folder but the downloaded messages aren't there. I deleted all of the filters. At this point I don't know what else to do...

Valid Status Code on Email
Hi. After upgrading 3.0 to 4.0, we get this error code when trying to send emails: Does anyone have any resolution/pointers to this problem? Regards K ------- Error Description: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Error Details: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Full Stack: [ArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Parameter name: statusCode] [CrmArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email.] at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.StatusCodeValidator.Validate(EntityMetadata entityMetadata, Int32 stateCode, Int32 statusCode) at Microsoft.Crm.Busine...

Deply CRM 3 Using SMS 2003 sp2
Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What pitfalls did you see, if any? Just to clarify - CRM v3 Client for Outlook (both the full and the light client) "English Keith" wrote: > Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What > pitfalls did you see, if any? On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:50:19 -0800, English Keith <English Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What >pitfalls did you see, if any? You can't do this and I have...

enable/disable text box based on 3 combos
hi i have 3 combos (user chooses Yes or No from a drop down) and a text field that is disabled by default and i'm trying to enable if either one of these 3 combos has "NO" value. So here is what i have and it's not working so far. Private Sub Form_current() If Me.Combo1 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo2 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo3 = "NO" Then Me.Text = True Else Me.Text.Enabled = False End If End If End If End Sub Any suggestions? Thanks Text is a Reserv...

Lead Activity regarding field display is blank
When I attempt to create an activity from a lead, the regarding field will not display the original lead. The lead is there, because I can click on the lead icon and reference the original lead, but the lead subject field will not display. I am logged in as administrator so I have full rights. Any suggestions are appreciated Never mind. I sovled this. Workflow related issue. "ilibhart" wrote: > When I attempt to create an activity from a lead, the regarding field will > not display the original lead. The lead is there, because I can click on the > lead icon an...

How to add a picture to an Outlook 2002 signature, without using 'Word as email editor'
We have disabled 'Word as email editor' by group policy. This is essential as we run a Citrix environment and Word as email editor hammers the server processors. However, when I have created a signature with a graphic, it does not work unless 'word as email editor' is enabled. If not, there is just an empty box with a red cross in it. There is a work around where you insert the graphic manually into your email, but this is not a satisfactory solution for users. I'd love to hear any solutions to this. We run Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2002. Cronos ...

Takes long time(3 mins) to open an email!
Outlook 2002 When trying to open an email in Outlook, it takes on average 3 minutes. I have re-installed Messenger4.7 as I read in another post from support.microsoft.com, but that does not work. I've also applied all patches that are available...Can't figure out the problem here. Just recently upgraded to WinXP and Office2002, but had problem previous in Office 2000 for about 2 months in Win98. Any suggestions out there...? ...