Big problem with huge pagefile.sys on Exchange server

Win 2003 Standard 4GB RAM
Exchange 2003 SP2
Symantec Email security (Antivirus)

We've been ahving problem with low virtual memory on our exchange server.
Last time I check, the system used up all VM (4GB) and Exchange went to a
halt temporarily.
We use the /3GB switch in boot.ini as recommended by MS but not helpful.

Any tip is greatly appreciated.

Bill

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:06:32 -0800, "Bill Nguyen"
<billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote:

>Win 2003 Standard 4GB RAM
>Exchange 2003 SP2
>Symantec Email security (Antivirus)
>
>We've been ahving problem with low virtual memory on our exchange server.
>Last time I check, the system used up all VM (4GB) and Exchange went to a
>halt temporarily.
>We use the /3GB switch in boot.ini as recommended by MS but not helpful.
>
>Any tip is greatly appreciated.
>
>Bill

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325044

'How to troubleshoot virtual memory fragmentation in Exchange Server
2003 and Exchange 2000 Server"

Note the section "How to optimize virtual memory usage".

0
adavid (8731)
12/15/2005 9:46:01 PM
Thanks Any;
I've tried most of the tricks mentioned in the article.
The problem I have right now is that I have only 1 disk partition on the
Exchange server so I can only set 4GB for virutal memory. Do you think
adding another partitiion (and therefore, another 4GB VM disk) would help?

Thanks

Bill

below is the message for event ID 4830 I just got from the system:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: (107)
Event ID: 4830
Date:  12/15/2005
Time:  4:26:43 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: EXCHANGESERVER
COM+ has determined that your machine is running very low on available
memory.  In order to ensure proper system behavior, the activation of the
component has been refused.  If this problem continues, either install more
memory or increase the size of your paging file.  Memory statistics are:
dwMemoryLoad = 19
ullTotalPhys = 0x0eff64000
ullAvailPhys = 0x0c02a5000
ullTotalPageFile = 0x1e6c83000
ullAvailPageFile = 0x007297000
ullTotalVirtual = 0x0bd7e0000
ullAvailVirtual = 0x072685000

Process Name: w3wp.exe
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4720.2517 shp

"Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote in

> Win 2003 Standard 4GB RAM
> Exchange 2003 SP2
> Symantec Email security (Antivirus)
>
> We've been ahving problem with low virtual memory on our exchange
> server. Last time I check, the system used up all VM (4GB) and
> Exchange went to a halt temporarily.
> We use the /3GB switch in boot.ini as recommended by MS but not
> helpful.

How many users on this server?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back to
"System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
"3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  When I go to the task manager I have
PFUsage at 10.7 GB which seems out of control to me.

Currently running 3GB of memory physical memory... going to boost to 4.5GB
tonight.

Has anyone figured this out....

"Arlo Clizer" wrote:

> "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote in
>
> > Win 2003 Standard 4GB RAM
> > Exchange 2003 SP2
> > Symantec Email security (Antivirus)
> >
> > We've been ahving problem with low virtual memory on our exchange
> > server. Last time I check, the system used up all VM (4GB) and
> > Exchange went to a halt temporarily.
> > We use the /3GB switch in boot.ini as recommended by MS but not
> > helpful.
>
> How many users on this server?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Arlo Clizer
> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
BPGAdmin (6)
2/2/2006 5:43:08 PM
4GB  is cool, over 4 is a bad move.  Why don't you put:

/3gb /userva=3030 /noexecute=optout

in the boot.ini ad set heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold to 0x40000 in the
registry?

"BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same issues.  W2K3 SP1 and Exchange 2K3 SP2.  Our Exchange
> Server is starting to stop functioning about once a day now.  I have added
> the /3GB /Userva=3030 switches to the Boot.ini.  I get the same COM+ error
> in
> Event View mentioned and get the Virtual Memory messages in the system
> tray.
>
> I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back to
> "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
> "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  When I go to the task manager I
> have
> PFUsage at 10.7 GB which seems out of control to me.
>
> Currently running 3GB of memory physical memory... going to boost to 4.5GB
> tonight.
>
> Has anyone figured this out....
>
> "Arlo Clizer" wrote:
>
>> "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Win 2003 Standard 4GB RAM
>> > Exchange 2003 SP2
>> > Symantec Email security (Antivirus)
>> >
>> > We've been ahving problem with low virtual memory on our exchange
>> > server. Last time I check, the system used up all VM (4GB) and
>> > Exchange went to a halt temporarily.
>> > We use the /3GB switch in boot.ini as recommended by MS but not
>> > helpful.
>>
>> How many users on this server?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Arlo Clizer
>> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
>> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
fullbrij1 (373)
2/2/2006 6:08:46 PM
Are you saying stay at 4GB of Memory and not go over?  Also does the order in
the Boot.ini file matter?  I have the noexecute switch in place already here
is our boot.ini file

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard"
/fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030

Also, when I go into regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that value
be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?

By the way any recommendations on the Page File...

Thanks for your help

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> 4GB  is cool, over 4 is a bad move.  Why don't you put:
>
> /3gb /userva=3030 /noexecute=optout
>
> in the boot.ini ad set heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold to 0x40000 in the
> registry?
>

> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same issues.  W2K3 SP1 and Exchange 2K3 SP2.  Our Exchange
> > Server is starting to stop functioning about once a day now.  I have added
> > the /3GB /Userva=3030 switches to the Boot.ini.  I get the same COM+ error
> > in
> > Event View mentioned and get the Virtual Memory messages in the system
> > tray.
> >
> > I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back to
> > "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
> > "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  When I go to the task manager I
> > have
> > PFUsage at 10.7 GB which seems out of control to me.
> >
> > Currently running 3GB of memory physical memory... going to boost to 4.5GB
> > tonight.
> >
> > Has anyone figured this out....
> >
> > "Arlo Clizer" wrote:
> >
> >> "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote in

> >> How many users on this server?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Arlo Clizer
> >> FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
> >> Archives: http://groups.google.com

0
BPGAdmin (6)
2/2/2006 7:15:00 PM
The order doesn't matter, it was just a restatement of what should be there.
You put the noexecute option in to prevent the PAE kernal from loading.  If
you add more than 4G or RAM, exchange won't use it anyway and the PAE kernal
will load.

> Are you saying stay at 4GB of Memory and not go over?  Also does the order
> in
> the Boot.ini file matter?  I have the noexecute switch in place already
> here
> is our boot.ini file
>
> [boot loader]
> timeout=30
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
> Standard"
> /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030
>
> Also, when I go into regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
> value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
> value
> be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
>
> By the way any recommendations on the Page File...
>

> Thanks for your help
>

> "John Fullbright" wrote:
>
>> 4GB  is cool, over 4 is a bad move.  Why don't you put:
>>
>> /3gb /userva=3030 /noexecute=optout
>>
>> in the boot.ini ad set heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold to 0x40000 in the
>> registry?
>>

>> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having the same issues.  W2K3 SP1 and Exchange 2K3 SP2.  Our
>> >Exchange
>> > Server is starting to stop functioning about once a day now.  I have
>> > added
>> > the /3GB /Userva=3030 switches to the Boot.ini.  I get the same COM+
>> > error
>> > in
>> > Event View mentioned and get the Virtual Memory messages in the system
>> > tray.
>> >
>> > I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back
>> > "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
>> > "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  When I go to the task manager
>> > have
>> > PFUsage at 10.7 GB which seems out of control to me.
>> >
>> > Currently running 3GB of memory physical memory... going to boost to
>> > 4.5GB
>> > tonight.
>> >
>> > Has anyone figured this out....

0
fullbrij1 (373)
2/2/2006 7:24:19 PM
Thanks for you imput... sounds like keeping the memory at 4GB is best.  Just
wondering if you have any additional imputs on the following.

Regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
value be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?

I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back
to "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
"3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  Do you have your Page File set to
"System managed Size"?

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> The order doesn't matter, it was just a restatement of what should be there.
> You put the noexecute option in to prevent the PAE kernal from loading.  If
> you add more than 4G or RAM, exchange won't use it anyway and the PAE kernal
> will load.
>

> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Are you saying stay at 4GB of Memory and not go over?  Also does the order
> > in
> > the Boot.ini file matter?  I have the noexecute switch in place already
> > here
> > is our boot.ini file
> >
> > [boot loader]
> > timeout=30
> > default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
> > [operating systems]
> > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
> > Standard"
> > /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030
> >
> > Also, when I go into regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
> > value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
> > value
> > be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
> >
> > By the way any recommendations on the Page File...
> >

> > Thanks for your help
> >

> > "John Fullbright" wrote:
> >
> >> 4GB  is cool, over 4 is a bad move.  Why don't you put:
> >>
> >> /3gb /userva=3030 /noexecute=optout
> >>
> >> in the boot.ini ad set heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold to 0x40000 in the
> >> registry?
> >>

> >> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BPGAdmin (6)
2/2/2006 8:13:31 PM
If the button is on hex, 40000.  If it's on decimal, 262144.  At hex
41000400, or about a gigabyte( 1,090,520,064 bytes), I don't think it will
ever decommit, hence your problem with running out of virtual memory.

> Thanks for you imput... sounds like keeping the memory at 4GB is best.
> Just
> wondering if you have any additional imputs on the following.
>
> Regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
> value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
> value be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
>
> I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back
> to "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
> "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  Do you have your Page File set to
> "System managed Size"?
>

> "John Fullbright" wrote:
>
>> The order doesn't matter, it was just a restatement of what should be
>> there.
>> You put the noexecute option in to prevent the PAE kernal from loading.
>> If
>> you add more than 4G or RAM, exchange won't use it anyway and the PAE
>> kernal
>> will load.
>>

>> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Are you saying stay at 4GB of Memory and not go over?  Also does the
>> > order
>> > in
>> > the Boot.ini file matter?  I have the noexecute switch in place already
>> > here
>> > is our boot.ini file
>> >
>> > [boot loader]
>> > timeout=30
>> > default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
>> > [operating systems]
>> > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
>> > Standard"
>> > /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut /3GB /USERVA=3030
>> >
>> > Also, when I go into regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have
>> > value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
>> > value
>> > be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
>> >
>> > By the way any recommendations on the Page File...
>> >

>> > Thanks for your help

0
fullbrij1 (373)
2/2/2006 9:20:09 PM
Thanks again John....

I upgraded to 4GB tonight and changed the heap in the registry.  Seems to be
happy so far.  I will let you know.

Again.. Thanks for the help

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> If the button is on hex, 40000.  If it's on decimal, 262144.  At hex
> 41000400, or about a gigabyte( 1,090,520,064 bytes), I don't think it will
> ever decommit, hence your problem with running out of virtual memory.
>

> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for you imput... sounds like keeping the memory at 4GB is best.
> > Just
> > wondering if you have any additional imputs on the following.
> >
> > Regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
> > value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
> > value be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
> >
> > I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back
> > to "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
> > "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  Do you have your Page File set to
> > "System managed Size"?
> >

> > "John Fullbright" wrote:
> >
> >> The order doesn't matter, it was just a restatement of what should be
> >> there.
> >> You put the noexecute option in to prevent the PAE kernal from loading.
> >> If
> >> you add more than 4G or RAM, exchange won't use it anyway and the PAE
> >> kernal
> >> will load.
> >>

> >> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BPGAdmin (6)
2/3/2006 11:47:00 AM
Update --

I am just putting this update here in case someone had the same issue I had.
 Knock on wood but we are running fine now.

1) Installed 4GB Memory on the Exchange Server
2) Updated Boot.ini file with /3GB /USERVA=3030
3) Modified the Registry - heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold = 0x40000
4) Rebooted system

* Page File now stays stable at about 1.67GB
* store.exe is using about 1.2GB of Memory  and seems to have settled there

** Been running about 4 days now now memory messages.  I was even able to go
back to my Brick by Brick backup without issue.

** All changes where listed in KB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815372/
The biggest change for me was the registry setting

Thanks again for the help.

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> If the button is on hex, 40000.  If it's on decimal, 262144.  At hex
> 41000400, or about a gigabyte( 1,090,520,064 bytes), I don't think it will
> ever decommit, hence your problem with running out of virtual memory.
>

> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for you imput... sounds like keeping the memory at 4GB is best.
> > Just
> > wondering if you have any additional imputs on the following.
> >
> > Regedit for heapdecommitfreeblockthreshold, I have a
> > value of 41000400 with radio button Hexadecimal selected.  Should that
> > value be 0x40000 with the "x" rather than just numbers?
> >
> > I have read that changing the Page File / Virutal Memory setting back
> > to "System managed size" is better than - lets say how I have it which is
> > "3840-4096" both on the C and D drives.  Do you have your Page File set to
> > "System managed Size"?
> >

> > "John Fullbright" wrote:
> >
> >> The order doesn't matter, it was just a restatement of what should be
> >> there.
> >> You put the noexecute option in to prevent the PAE kernal from loading.
> >> If
> >> you add more than 4G or RAM, exchange won't use it anyway and the PAE
> >> kernal
> >> will load.
> >>

> >> "BPG Admin" <BPGAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BPGAdmin (6)

Same problem here with Ports not listening from RPCDump ....
I have the same problem David has. Single server setup, https return 402.3 read access denied, RPCDump returns No for IsListening on por 6001, 6002, and 6004. Just wondering if anyone has a solution for th problem. I went through the single server setup article troubleshooting article as well as the deployment guide. But n luck.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401# http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;82733 If anyone could help, i would greatly appreciate any help ...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

A Real Sticky Problem
I created a query that joins two tables into one form. One table is the active one and the other is archived information. So, for instance a clients most recent data for 2007 is in table one, but the older data is stored in table two. The problem is that the form is not displaying the newest clients entered into table one. It is 8 off. Is this because there is no similar entry in table two? Can this be resolved by assigning a primary key to table one? If you're just doing a simple join (an Inner Join), you'll only get details for those clients that exist in both tables. You...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

Install of SP3 problems
Have a Sony VIAO desktop with Windows XP Home SP1 loaded. Intel CPU and 512mb RAM. I tried loading SP3 from the exe file that I downloaded from the Microsoft web site. It complained that it couldn't backup a msscp.dll file from \Windows\system32 folder, but it let me ignor/skip it and go ahead with the install anyway. After the first boot the system hung on the black screen with the cursor for a long time (4 min). This was a fresh instal. When it finished booting (finally!) it was slower than snot. And most of the text in program windows and control panel was missing?? Even the t...

Problems launching process
In the following code I am attempting to launch Internet Explorer and display an html document in the browser. Internet Explorer runs fine but the html document cannot be displayed. No matter if I pass the full path or just the filename to the function the document cannot be displayed. // Begin code --------------- // Html file is viewed by launching Internet Explorer via RunBrowser() // CString sHtmlFile = _T("test.html"); RunBrowser("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe", "test.html"); // Function that launches process void CMyView::RunBrowser...

DTD Entity replacement problems
Hi, I'm trying to use a Entity replacement with a DTD file, and I'm getting this error while processing with the "XmlValidatingReader" component: "The parameter entity replacement text must nest properly within markup declarations. An error occurred at http://localhost/test/dtds/test.dtd, (3, 24)." I've revised the DTD and I think its correct. This is a little example that repro the bug: <!ENTITY % par1 ",test2"> <!ELEMENT test (test1 %par1;)> <!ELEMENT test1 (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT test2 (#PCDATA)> And the XML ...

problems downloading UpdateOutlook2003EmailFilter(KB914454)
Wanna share a little more detail? Any particular error? Nikki "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE49572-FB48-4FCE-8A2F-37A8DABB47E9@microsoft.com... > I couldn't get the update to install on any of my computers. I uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, updated it; no problem. Ended up doing that on all 3 machines. Seems like an MS update problem. While I am on the subject. This last 6 updates that came through last week would not download automatically. I had to get them via microsoft update. Maybe I didn't give them enough...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

XL2007
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following sequence to scale the y axis of an X-Y scatter graph with lines drawn between points from VBA and it works perfectly in all previous versions of Excel. It fails with XL2007 rather catastrophically. The main spreadsheet was imported from XL2003. I have looked in the KB and archives here and not found any other reports of this problem so I don't know if it is something peculiar about this particular installation or what. It is reproducible in a toy chart in pure XL2007. The failing lines are; ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary).Select ok = Applicati...

Default Value problem 02-22-08
Feel a bit silly. I want to insert a =Now() Date field on every new record created via a certain form. I don't want people seeing this info. So, I added AphaDate Date field to the table the query for this form is based on. I insert the field on the form and mark it hidden. In the properties for this field on the form, I say the default value =Now() I assume then that any new record created will "stamp" with this date. But it doesn't work When I create the table, add the field to the query and try to set this up, the field shows up as blank no matter what I do. Wha...

Problem with Text box and Background
I am using the background as a temple for a form I add test boxes where I want to have text typed in The problem is when I print the page the text I have typed in isn't where it is supposed to be It is below the line of the background form How do I solve this problem? Web page? Best asked in the publisher.webdesign group -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "News" <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pOKFf.27487$F_3.19174@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I am using the background as a t...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

Access2000 automation problem
Hi I have a VBA script, which worked finely for about half a year. The script opens an excel workbook on server share on every night, refreshes some ODBC queries (from Visual FoxPro tables, one query on every sheet, no formulas in adjacent cells, all query properties are same), waits a little, and then closes the file. The script is here: Option Explicit Dim objXLApp, objXLBook, strPath, strBook strPath = "O:\Common\PerData\" strBook = "Personal.xls" Set objXLBook=GetObject(strPath & strBook) Set objXLApp = objXLBook.Parent objXLApp.Visible = True objXL...

Re:Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C5D615.37853060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

problem with macro
i have a worksheet that shows worktimes for employees, the cells ar grey, when you enter the employees time or "shift" and press a butto that executes my macro, it changes the colour of the "shift" to whit to show the time scale that the employee is working. the macro run fine, the problem is that to run the macro i have to click a button. i there a way of running the macro, or executing the code when i ente the employees "shift" of time. or is this not possible? this is the code i am using at the minute for it to run when i click o a button: Private Function Sh...

Date formatting problem #5
Hi there, I've tried everything I can think of with this one - help!! I'm reading dates from 2 cells, storing them in variables, comparing them and then storing the resulting date in a different cell. Code currently is: If stStoredDate<> stDate then stStoredDate=stDate Activecell.Offset(0,1).Value = stStoredDate End If My problem is stStoredDate = 04/09/05 (4 Sep 05 as I'm in the UK), stDate is the same, but the value in the cell is 09/04/05 (9 Apr 05). Both cells have identical formatting. If I change the formatting to 'general', stStoredDate= 38599, but t...

vlookup problem please help
Hi experts, I have a problem in using vlookup function and have not been able to resolve for a year+. Hope I can find some help in this great forum. Many thanks in advance! An example as below. When I vlookup Material2 to Material1 for the Project No, I get the result 222-56 for all the duplicate Material1 values. In this case of having duplicate values in Material1 but associated with different Project Numbers, how can I have vlookup function to match the Project No. containg "AA" as 1st priority ? (and if there is no Project No. containing "AA", then vlookup to look f...

Problem installing CRM 1.2 on Win2003
Hello, I get the following error installing the product: Setup was unable to install the Windows installer package.msi of microsoft CRM Server Setup. Any ideas? Michael Where can I find an installation guide? Thanks Michael Hi Micheal, There is a CRM installation guide from Microsoft called Installing_and_Securing_CRM_on_SBS.doc. I found this guide extremely useful. I recommend thoroughly reading it before implementing any of it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C835F117-A447-48DB-940B-48EF88A192A3&displaylang=en Regards, Chris Netarus, LLC http://www...