Best Way to Extract List of User Names and Addresses

2K3 Exchange & Domain

I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name,
and email address from a particular OU.  I've used LDIF but it didn't
provide the results I wanted.  Any advise on tools would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Fred

0
TangoT2 (15)

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:29:43 -0600, "Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote:

>2K3 Exchange & Domain
>
>I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name,
>and email address from a particular OU.  I've used LDIF but it didn't
>provide the results I wanted.  Any advise on tools would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>Fred

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=csvde+export&meta= is the other
part of that pair of tools. You can extract what you want.
Then there's ADFIND from www.joeware.net.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/9/2006 2:31:22 PM
Thanks Mark.

I actually found a way using AD Users and Losers.  In ADUC chose tools,
columns.  Add email address, remove other junk.  OK that. The interface
refreshes. Click on the OU, right click, Export.  Perfect data!

Fred

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:29:43 -0600, "Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote:
>
>>2K3 Exchange & Domain
>>
>>I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name,
>>and email address from a particular OU.  I've used LDIF but it didn't
>>provide the results I wanted.  Any advise on tools would be appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>Fred
>>

> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=csvde+export&meta= is the other
> part of that pair of tools. You can extract what you want.
> Then there's ADFIND from www.joeware.net.

0
TangoT2 (15)
12/12/2006 12:52:23 AM
"Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote:

>I actually found a way using AD Users and Losers.  In ADUC chose tools,
>columns.  Add email address, remove other junk.  OK that. The interface
>refreshes. Click on the OU, right click, Export.  Perfect data!

Except for those objects that have multiple proxy addresses. Only the
primary proxy appears in the email address property.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Change SQL Server Name and Reporting Services Impact?
Folks: Need help ! I want to move my CRM 3.0 SQL Server 2000 Databases from SERVER1 to SERVER2 (no change in SQL version). In our environment the Reporting services is on different server. Will only copying the databases and restoring it on SERVER2 and then changing the server name using Deployment Manager work? Is there anything I need to do apart from restoring databases and copying the msdb crm jobs? Our Envirnonement: ------------------------- SERVER1 (Old Server) --------------------------- SQL Server Databases version 2000 - Organization_Name_MSCRM - Organization_Name_METABASE - ...

Why won't my contacts add to a distribution list?
I imported a lengthy list of email addresses (as a CSV file) into my Contacts folder in Outlook. I intend to add them to a distribution list. When I select them under the "Select Members" box and try to add them to the "Add to distribution list:", the following are the only symbols that show up- ; ; ; ; . And the contacts I imported are not added to the distribution list. Contacts I have manually added to Outlook go into the distribution list very easily. Any suggestions as to how to get those contacts into the distribution list without having to manual...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored...
I recently upgraded my client's Office 2002 to SP3. Now when he opens up MS Outlook and tries to compose an email he gets the following error: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you sould choose "No". I've researched it a bit and I can see some third party sw that you can install to prevent the pop up. Is there a way to prevent the pop up without uninstalling SP3 or installing more sw? They need SP3 to run an application I built in Access 2002 SP3. He's ...

Best chart to show quarterly forecast vs budget
Hi guys, Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments? Thanks, Andrea I would use a multiple bar comparitor to do that. It is the 3D bar graph that has one bar in front of the other bar. "andrrea" wrote: > Hi guys, > > Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to > show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments? > > Thanks, > Andrea Thanks! Any other advice? "andrrea" wrote: > Hi guys, > > Could yo...

"Save As" name truncation
I moved my Office 97 (Small Business Edition) from a Windows 98 Computer to one using Windows xp Home Edition. Since moving Excel, it truncates the name to one (1) character whenever I try to use "Save As". How do I correct this? I have looked everywhere for an answer! Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl And maybe this will help: HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mod...

ref: exchange server still keeps a removed exch- svr name
Thanks for your respond What happen was that a server was setup with exchange 5.5 for testing purposes in an testing lab than later, by accident, it was placed on the network for about 5 minutes. It was removed from the network because a tech realized that this server was configured with exchange 5.5. Currently we have a server that is configured to with exchange 5.5 on the network. It is noticed on office 2003 professional that when the currently exchanger server name is used along with a mailbox name followed by clicking the CHECK NAME, the exchange server that was accidently pla...

How the clear window name?
I assign a window name in CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) cs.lpszName = "My Window Name" For some reason, the window name lingers after the program is terminated. Specifically, FindWindow(NULL, "My Window Name") returns non-NULL for several minutes after the program that created this window name is all gone. How do you clear the window name when the program terminates? Is there any way to change lpszName to something else when the program terminates? <maruk2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1177086750.627164.127740@l77g2000hsb.googlegr...

Table List
I've seen two different Great Plains utilities that have the capability of reading the list of tables out of the dynamics dictionary. One is the DDB utility for browsing the data, and the other is the GenView utility that comes in the SDK. My question is how are they getting a list of tables? I'm still ramping up on SanScript, Dexterity, and Continuum, but I'm not finding anything that would allow me to get a list of tables. Any pointers? -Bill Bill Have a look at the Extras page of http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/ for the Pushing the Limits with Dexterity materials. Thes...

How can I set up a RULE to catch attachment file names ?
Howdy, Right now I get a lot of SPAM crap and my Norton Antivirus deletes the attachments as they come in to my email on Outlook 2002 XP Pro system. However these emails arrive with an attachment "norton antivirus deleted.txt" and I can't seem to catch these emails based on the RULES or RULES wizard. Is there anyway RULES can scan the words in the name of the attachments like it does for subject line ? Thanks BLUE WATER <notavailable@nowhere.com> wrote: > Is there anyway RULES can > scan the words in the name of the attachments like it does for > subject li...

Create a user-defined cell to display shape's layer name
How can I reference a shape's own layer name to display as a field? Specifically, I want to create a text box with a custom formula or user-defined field that display's that shape's one and only layer name. I can display the layerMember index by using "=LayerMember", but can't figure out the name. Please no VB/VBA. Thanks. The 1st thing to do might be just making custom propery on the page. Then please open the shapesheet of the page, add rows to the Custom Preperty Section, (or Shape Data in Visio 2007). The number of rows are as same as the number of layers. An...

Outlook97 -> where is reply to email address?
Outlook97 -> where is "reply to" email address? My email receivers are sending my email back to another mailbox. I want it replied to the same mailbox from which I sent it. I can't find the "reply to" box in tools options in outlook 97. Where is it? If none, how do I fix it? Help! It isn't in options - it's in the properties of your e-mail account settings. samg wrote: > Outlook97 -> where is "reply to" email address? > My email receivers are sending my email back to another > mailbox. I want it replied to the same mailbox fr...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 12-09-09
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA 9 PRO, for GSpot, or 10 PRO CBR, for the ASF metadata; one example file is here http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the "all user"...

Send Email(s) by selecting users from user form
good day, i have created a user form which has 11 individuals, and three groups - using the checkbox for selections (name1, name2, name3, etc...) - the name is displayed, not the email. is it possible to create an email list based on the checkboxes to send an email to the selected individuals? i want to call the userform from within the Sub Mail_ActiveSheet_PDF_Outlook() macro if a condition on the worksheet is met - i can do this part; i know that the response needs to be set at the begining of the macro as a string so i know i need to add "Dim selection As String...

Activity assigned to another user is still in my list.
I have a list of activities in my workplace - those assigned to me. I also have two activities which I created and assigned to other users showing up in there. Typically, I can assign activities with no problem, but for some reason these are staying in my list and not moving to the assignees list. The owner is showing as the assignee. What would cause that? ...

Contacts as Outlook Address Book
I have recently set up my work email on my home computer (Outlook 2000). It will not allow me to set up my Contacts folder as an address book. The option is "grayed" out. Outlook 2003 is used at work. Is there a way I can "force" Outlook to recognize my Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book or is it some kind of setting on the exchange server? Any and all help is greatly apreciated. Did you add the Outlook Address Book to your Profile? Tools > Services... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "S. Heff" <SHeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Outlook creating weird email addresses
Hi All I'm running Outlook 2003, Win XP Pro, latest patches and service packs. When I send an email using Outlook (With auto read receipt request) I always receive a message back (see below) The email arrives at the recipients address correctly! You can see from the email address below it appears to be totally garbled which is why I guess the server thinks its failed and returns it to me. Any help greatly appreciated Sam Message which is returned to me The original message was received at Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:45:53 +0100 from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1] ----- The following a...

find a name
I have created a list of people.how do I find a name in a database I created? EXCEL 2007 Ctrl-F to launch the Find and Replace window. Type what you want to find in the Find what: field. Hit the Find Next button. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "ayidy" wrote: > I have created a list of people.how do I find a name in a database I created? ...

SBS2008 + Unable to create a user called 'Operations'
SBS 2008, I need to create a user object called: Operations Customers old SBS 2003 server has a user called: Operations SBS 2008 just says that the name is already in use ????? Checked on another SBS 2008 server, can't make one on there either.. Anyone know why this is ? Jim. Anyone ? "Jim" <jim@donotwantspam.com> wrote in message news:hqkbbk$1t44$1@energise.enta.net... > SBS 2008, I need to create a user object called: Operations > > Customers old SBS 2003 server has a user called: Operations > > SBS 2008 just says that the n...

List Views
In list views, is there a way to save the column width changes made by the user? I know how to change them with the tools, but if the user expands one they would like to come back in and have it be the same as when they left. Hi Bob, Unfortunately this is not configurable at a user level - only the view itself can be customized. "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F54E3142-5813-4B17-89E2-09616DB072EA@microsoft.com... > In list views, is there a way to save the column width changes made by the > user? I know how to change them with the tool...

Create User 02-09-05
when i use howto example createuser in CRM SDK i have a error Access Denied. What happened why this error what i do wrong. Regards, Syed Fahad Anwar. Can you post the detailed exception message/callstack when the error happens? Some additional info that might help troubleshoot the problem: What account is the SDK app running under? Can you login to the webapp using that account and create new users? You need to ensure you are running the SDK application under an account that has permissions to create users in CRM. Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is ...

Exchange 2003: Force distribution list to send out emails from distribution list address?
Hi As mentioned in subject...is there any way to force distribution list to send out e-mails from distribution list address "on behalf" user email. (like for example googlegroups is working atm). We are having problems with few lists that has external members in it because "externalserver" is denying "external.com" emails from other servers than "externalserver". Thank you Erkki Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Writing and using a custom referenced functoid. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutoria...

disable homepage when creating new users
In v9.0, when creating new users, should have the ability to disable the Dynamics homepage without having to run the SQL script in techknowledge article 917998. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

Publisher 2007 hangs on "best print quality"
Any ideas or suggestions on why Publisher would hang on BEST print quality printer settings? I am trying to print a 5.5" X 8.5" document onto 5.5" X 8.5" cardstock paper from MS Publisher 2007 using the BEST print quality setting for my HP Officejet printer. The reason I think this is a Publisher or document layout/setting issue instead of a printer issue is because I can print a nearly identical Publisher document with the same paper & same paper size using BEST print quality settings, and it prints out just fine! I have compared all margins, print &a...

User Login
Can any one tell me when ever we login to GP8.0 , in which table does GP8.0 store information of user login. Actually i need to know that user is logged or not logged so i need the table in which all the login info of user stored. Please can any body tell me. Regards, Syed Fahad Anwar. Hi, If I am right you can see all those in "SY_Current_Activity" dexterity table and "ACTIVITY" is the Backend table name.It will be there in DYNAMICS database. Regards, Shyam "Fahad Anwar" <FahadAnwar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:225A0B28-8F1B-4...

Excel spreadsheet on server is unable to be pulled up from user pc's
Hello All... I have created an Excel Spreadsheet on the CRM server and used the query wizard to access the SQL database to extracrt required information. I saved the report to the report module by adding the Excel file. When I try to access the report from my pc the report pulls up correctly, however if I try to refresh the data it throws the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no defulat driver specified. Any idea what changes I would need to make to the Excel report or to the any ODBC drivers? Thanks, CP ...