badmail and error 0x80004005

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
file contains

0x80004005

 validuser@mydomain.com

I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."

When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance.
0
GregP (3)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:48:37 -0800, "GregP"
<GregP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
>GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
>anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
>attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
>folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
>someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
>file contains
>
>0x80004005
>
> validuser@mydomain.com
>
>I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
>helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
>Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
>Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."
>
>When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.
>
>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Disable GFI?

0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2006 7:08:29 PM
Greg,

Did you ever solve this problem?  I have the same setup and I made the
unfortunate mistake of installing ISA 2004 SP2 and the same time I upgraded
GFI Mail Security and GFI Mail Essentials.

Thanks for the info.

"GregP" wrote:

> I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.  I'm also running
> GFI Mail Essentials 12 (anti-spam) and GFI Mail Security 9 (email
> anti-virus).  When a message is received via SMTP that contains an
> attachment, sometimes but not always, the message ends up in the BadMail
> folder.  The message is address to a valid user on my server and comes from
> someone who is on the GFI Mail Essentials Whitelist.  The associated .BDR
> file contains
>
> 0x80004005
>
>  validuser@mydomain.com
>
> I've lookup up the error code and it decodes as "Unexpected Error" (not very
> helpful).  When I check the message tracking log it says "SMTP: Message
> Submitted to Advanced Queuing" then "SMTP: Started Message Submission to
> Advanced Queue" and finally "SMTP: Message sent to BadMail."
>
> When I copy the message to the Pickup directory, it is properly delivered.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
0
Ce (6)

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

Relaying Denied error when sending message
I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <person@company.nett>... Relaying denied> Our server is an Exchange 2K3 Std. I've tried it from several versions of Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks =?Utf-8?B?Sm9uYXRoYW4=?= <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0F863D69-3819-4C15-99EF-9ABA3B9976AF@microsoft.com: > I have been receiving the following error when sending email to one > specific company: <ourmailserver.ourorg.gov #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7...

error when booking meeting
I have a user that when they make a meeting Outlook crashes and restarts.. error info.. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module mso.dll, version 10.0.4219.0, fault address 0x000025fc. Office XP SP2, Windows XP SP1 Thanks John yea I saw those.. don't really apply and already have SP2 "Nikki" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#lJ#R2FWDHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I found the following Technet articles that may help you > to find a solution: > > OL2002: The Mso.dll File Stops Responding When You > ...

Error: Duplicate Output Destination
I tried to post the same question in the Queries thread however I do not see it listed. I appologize if it turns out that i am posting a duplicate question. In Visual Basic I get a duplicate output destination error for the following query SELECT * FROM tblB INNER JOIN (tblD INNER JOIN (tblC INNER JOIN tblA ON tblC.WID = tblA.ZID) ON tblD.XID = tblC.XID) ON tblB.YID = tblA.YID WHERE (((tblA.WID)=129) AND ((tblC.XID)=1)) Access is complaining about the XID field which is defined both in tblC.XID and tblD.XID Please notice the tables are inner joined through XID field s...

Error generating the xml document when trying to access the web service
Hi There, I get this error when I try to access the web method..I can see that the objects are constructed properly before they are passed....All I am doing is this... ------------------------------------ I have these two classes in the client class as well as the web service.... public class ResponseChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public byte[] ImageByte; public ResponseChartImage(){} } public class RequestChartImage { public int InstanceId; public int VariableId; public RequestChartImage(){} } ------------------------------------------------...

unhelpful deserialization error
This code - private static void Test() { using (XmlReader reader = XmlReader.Create("ExecutionPlan.xml", new XmlReaderSettings())) { XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(TEST.ShowPlanXML)); ShowPlanXML plan = (TEST.ShowPlanXML)serializer.Deserialize(reader); Console.WriteLine(plan.Version); } } throws this exception - "Could not load type 'TEST.ShowPlanXML' from assembly 'TEST, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.":"TEST.ShowPlanXML ShowPlanXML is a 8000+ lin...

Runtime Error 424
When the spreadsheet in local, on my HD, all is well. When I put the spreadsheet on the server, I get this error. Any ideas? It's driving me nuts. The ironic thing ... it use to work just fine. Thanks for your help!! Hi, Check for the properties or methods assigned to the file system object if you are using. For eg: you may be referencing the spreadsheet on your local machine with a caertain path which may not be valid on the server side. Check http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbenlr98/html/vamsgnotobject.asp for more information. Cheers, Rohan ...

Error "Out of Memory"
I work with an end user that gets this error in Excel 2000 when she open multiple files. The files are very large, one is just over 30MB. The other 3 are between 15MB and 5MB. Together they total just over 50 MB of total files opened by Excel 2000. Is this a system error, or an Excel error? Is there a limit to the file buffer size in Excel 2000? If so what is that limit? > Is there a limit to the file buffer size in Excel > 2000? If so what is that limit? See Charles Williams' Decision Models site http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm for a comprehensive discuss...

Error '553 sorry'
I keep getting the error message "The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'fred@someplace.com' on 2/17/2004 9:49 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" The message comes from 'System Administrator' but no email address, so I assume it's the Sys Admin on this PC. Any ideas on what to do next to uncover the problem source is? You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server, and/or have your mail account receive mail before sending, so that your ISP knows it's you tryin...

Outlook 2003 can't connect to Exchange 2003; Check Name Error!
I get the following error message when i try to setup outlook with an exchange server account; "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I have a Small Business Server 2003 setup on our local network with around 17 or more client computers. The Computers are either windows 2000 or XP running outlook 2000 / 2003. All computers have successfully connected to the exchange server except one. The problem computer is runnning windows xp pro with outlook 2003 installed ...

What does this macro error mean?
I just made a change to my database and now I am getting an error message when I open it. The message says: "The expression OnCurrent you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Return without GoSub." What does this message mean? If you're not sure what you changed, how are you planning to un-do the change? The error message suggests that you have a form that has an OnCurrent event. Can you find that one? The message also suggests that the code in that OnCurrent event has a <Return> statement, but nothing that called it in...

Error "invalid use of null" when using the Upsizing Wizard
I am supporting a client who is attempting to use the Upsizing wizard. He gets the following error message: "Invalid use of Null" The "Invalid Use of Null" error occurs before the conversion begins. To check the base line data, I created a new Access database with one simple table. I still get the "Invalid Use of Null" before the conversion begins. My client is on a Windows XP machine with Access 2002. Any help would be greatly apprciated. Thanks "larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:28c1301c46425$7cfc3ed0...

Recurring Error
Hi all, Has anyone seen this error before: An error occurred on database "North America\Public Folder Store (EVS01)". Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate Error: 0x48a It's an Event ID 1025 from source MSExchangeIS Public Store. I have tried looking in the MS KB and doing google searchs. So far I haven't found anything helpful. If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the proper direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Tom ...

eConnect Incoming Errors
Hi I am trying to send a simple XML message into eConnect via MSMQ with the following contents:- <!-- Customer Create - no address record created --> <eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> <RMCustomerMasterType> <taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd> <CUSTNMBR>JEFF0002</CUSTNMBR> <CUSTNAME>JL Lawn Care Service</CUSTNAME> <STMTNAME>JL Lawn Care Service</STMTNAME> <SHRTNAME>JL Lawn Care</SHRTNAME> <ADRSCODE>PRIMARY</ADRSCODE> <ADDRESS1>123 Main Street</ADDRESS1...

Exchange Server 5.5 Information Store error
I have exchange 5.5 & having only online backup of Directory Database. I have installed the new Exchange Server 5.5 with the same old setting & restore the directory database on this Server. All the users are showing now, but Information Store service is not started and it gives error " Event ID: 7024 - The MS Exchange Information Store service terminated with Service Specific Error 4012". We have also run the ESEUTIL /D, but error is still the same. Pl. help us how to resolve this. -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-mail: ahmad.zahoory@gmail.com On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 03...

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files, etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help is appreciated. Backup error: Window...

Error 1706! AARGH!
I installed Publisher 2002 on my new Windows 2000 box... this was done while logged in as administrator (of course) Then when I switch over to the account I created for everyday use and tried to fire up publisher, it goes into a setup routine and then throws this error number in my face and says "Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see: G:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP." WHAT FILES, DAMMIT??? After clicking OK, Publisher starts up just fine. HOW do I ge...

Printer Error, Unknown Error
I'm using a STAR SP200 (SP242FC) with OPOS drivers. The printer works with the SMJ OPOS POSPrinter "CheckHealth" utility. I'm using that device name as the OPOS name in Store Operations Manager register configuration. When the POS tries to print a receipt, I get a Printer Error Unknown Error message. The cash drawer does pop open and the journal shows the receipt. If I use the Windows driver, the receipt printer will work (the receipt isn't formated correctly) but the cash drawer won't pop open until I close the POS program. I've un-installed/re-installed Store Op...

Error message opening a folder
OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Could Not Access the Specified Folder Location I've been receiving this error message when trying to open a sub-folder in Outlook 2002, and going to the KB it said there was a hot fix available for this error but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions? Per the KB article, you need to contact Microsoft PSS and request the Hotfix - there is no charge for hotfixes if you ONLY ask for the hotfix and don't append a "by the way, this has been happening as well." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Error message.
Object doesn't support this property or method: 'xlhhctrl_1.HHClick this error message comes up when trying to access How formulas calculate in the Help file of excel. How do I correct this problem? I searched google (for xlhhctrl_1) and found this thread: http://google.com/groups?threadm=174501c38748%24bb95d620%24a401280a%40phx.gbl Hal wrote: > > Object doesn't support this property or > method: 'xlhhctrl_1.HHClick this error message comes up > when trying to access How formulas calculate in the Help > file of excel. How do I correct this problem?...

error message when receiving email
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Russell mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Russ asked: ...

Error when migrating Contracts

How Do I Correct a 550 relay error in Outlook 2007
I have done everything that my ISP has suggested. I can send e-mail thru my web site but outlook will not accept / send mail "Bayouceff" <Bayouceff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A01BB71-D46A-4B2D-B030-74628DD66562@microsoft.com... >I have done everything that my ISP has suggested. I can send e-mail thru >my > web site but outlook will not accept / send mail Tools - Account Settings - select account and click Change - More Settings - Outgoing Server, check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Log on to incoming mail s...

Form Error Msg
I have a two tables. One is the purchase order table the other is the purchase order detail table. I created two forms for each. I made the purchase order table the main and the detail form the subform. The forms are linked by POID and the master and child fields reflect this. When enter info into my purchase order main form, all is well. When I enter info into the detail subform it allows me to enter and then I get a error msg. "You can't assign a value to this object: 1) The object may be a control only in read on your form. 2) The object may be on a form that is ope...

Operation Failed error when sending/receiving
My husband has Outlook 2002 and Outlook express on his laptop. From the first day of installation (August 2003), we have received "the operation failed" message when clicking on sending and receive in Outlook 2002 while the Outlook express sends/receives with no problem. He would like to be able to use Outlook 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks. J See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jackie" <jackie...