bad mail folder #3

Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder.
The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old
employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on.
I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in
only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is
spam).

Thank you

0
bob (43)

What version of Exchange?  You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's
Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no
members, and add the smtp addresses of the dear departed employees to it.
Then as messages come in, they will simply disappear.

-tom
----

"Eric Payne" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message
> Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder.
> The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old
> employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on.
> I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted
in
> only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is
> spam).
>
> Thank you

0
tom5299 (31)
4/16/2004 1:57:35 PM
Tom,

Thank you for your reply.
The second tricks sounds interesting and I will try that.
I have exchange 2003.
I don't understand what stripping the attachement is for.

Thank you
"Tom Meunier [MVP]" <tom@spamfodder.mvps.org> wrote in message
> What version of Exchange?  You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's
> Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
> Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no
> members, and add the smtp addresses of the dear departed employees to it.
> Then as messages come in, they will simply disappear.
>
> -tom
> ----
>

> "Eric Payne" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message
> > Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder.
> > The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old
> > employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on.
> > I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being
excepted
> in
> > only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which
is
> > spam).
> >
> > Thank you

0
bob (43)
4/19/2004 1:07:35 PM
Tom.,

I tried the distribution list trick, but I still get email in the bad mail
folder to old employee's. I did double check and they are added as an smtp
address to this distribution list.

Any more ideas?

Thanks
Eric
> Tom,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> The second tricks sounds interesting and I will try that.
> I have exchange 2003.
> I don't understand what stripping the attachement is for.
>
> Thank you
> "Tom Meunier [MVP]" <tom@spamfodder.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > What version of Exchange?  You can strip the attachment from NDRs if
it's
> > Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
> > Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no
> > members, and add the smtp addresses of the dear departed employees to
it.
> > Then as messages come in, they will simply disappear.
> >
> > -tom
> > ----
> >

> > "Eric Payne" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message
> > > Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder.
> > > The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old
> > > employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on.
> > > I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being
> excepted
> > in
> > > only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender
(which
> is
> > > spam).
> > >
> > > Thank you

0
bob (43)
4/19/2004 4:28:54 PM
FYI,

I turned on Recipent filtering on the global settings, but I forgot to
enable it on the SMTP virtual server.
Once I did this, I cleared all the queues and haven't seen any bad mail in 2
days, i was getting between 2000 and 3000 in 1 day!

"Eric Payne" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message
> Tom,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> The second tricks sounds interesting and I will try that.
> I have exchange 2003.
> I don't understand what stripping the attachement is for.
>
> Thank you
> "Tom Meunier [MVP]" <tom@spamfodder.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > What version of Exchange?  You can strip the attachment from NDRs if
it's
> > Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
> > Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no
> > members, and add the smtp addresses of the dear departed employees to
it.
> > Then as messages come in, they will simply disappear.
> >
> > -tom
> > ----
> >

> > "Eric Payne" <bob@bob.com> wrote in message
> > > Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder.
> > > The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old
> > > employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on.
> > > I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being
> excepted
> > in
> > > only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender
(which
> is
> > > spam).
> > >
> > > Thank you

0
bob (43)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Setting up a new e-mail account

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

Duplicate E-Mail #4