bad exchange 2003 install

Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization.  A
consultant came in to set it up.  He botched the install and the
manager has no idea what was done.  I reviewed the exchange server, the
exchange organization has been created and the system management tools
were installed nothing else.  I added my account to exchange full
administrator then installed exchange 2003.  During the installation it
gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I
need to run forestprep.  Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it
gives me an error stating that I need to be an exchange full
administrator to do this...which I already am.  I triead removeorg and
it gives the same error.

So in summary, I can't install exchange because the schema has not been
fully extended, I cannot extend the schema with forestprep because it
says I'm not an exchange full administrator.

Any Ideas?

On 10 Jul 2006 10:42:06 -0700, christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:

>Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization.  A
>consultant came in to set it up.  He botched the install and the
>manager has no idea what was done.  I reviewed the exchange server, the
>exchange organization has been created and the system management tools
>were installed nothing else.  I added my account to exchange full
>administrator then installed exchange 2003.  During the installation it
>gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I
>need to run forestprep.  Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it
>gives me an error stating that I need to be an exchange full
>administrator to do this...which I already am.  I triead removeorg and
>it gives the same error.
>
>So in summary, I can't install exchange because the schema has not been
>fully extended, I cannot extend the schema with forestprep because it
>says I'm not an exchange full administrator.
>
>Any Ideas?

Do not even bother to try and fix it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
/domainprep right from the beginning.
0
mark7219 (5666)
7/10/2006 6:02:20 PM
Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an

Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2006 10:42:06 -0700, christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization.  A
> >consultant came in to set it up.  He botched the install and the
> >manager has no idea what was done.  I reviewed the exchange server, the
> >exchange organization has been created and the system management tools
> >were installed nothing else.  I added my account to exchange full
> >administrator then installed exchange 2003.  During the installation it
> >gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I
> >need to run forestprep.  Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it
> >gives me an error stating that I need to be an exchange full
> >administrator to do this...which I already am.  I triead removeorg and
> >it gives the same error.
> >
> >So in summary, I can't install exchange because the schema has not been
> >fully extended, I cannot extend the schema with forestprep because it
> >says I'm not an exchange full administrator.
> >
> >Any Ideas?
>
> Do not even bother to try and fix it.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
> let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
> /domainprep right from the beginning.

Try this one.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
> gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an
> exchange full administrator...
>

> Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
>> On 10 Jul 2006 10:42:06 -0700, christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization.  A
>> >consultant came in to set it up.  He botched the install and the
>> >manager has no idea what was done.  I reviewed the exchange server, the
>> >exchange organization has been created and the system management tools
>> >were installed nothing else.  I added my account to exchange full
>> >administrator then installed exchange 2003.  During the installation it
>> >gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I
>> >need to run forestprep.  Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it
>> >gives me an error stating that I need to be an exchange full
>> >administrator to do this...which I already am.  I triead removeorg and
>> >it gives the same error.
>> >
>> >So in summary, I can't install exchange because the schema has not been
>> >fully extended, I cannot extend the schema with forestprep because it
>> >says I'm not an exchange full administrator.
>> >
>> >Any Ideas?
>>
>> Do not even bother to try and fix it.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
>> let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
>> /domainprep right from the beginning.

0
Ben
7/10/2006 6:40:34 PM
working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to

Configuration Container
CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=Your_Organization_Name
CN=Administrative Groups
CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
CN=Servers

under the organization name there is no administrative group
listed...only thing there is global settings...

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> Try this one.

> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
> > gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an
> > exchange full administrator...
> >

> > Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:

> >> Do not even bother to try and fix it.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
> >> let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
> >> /domainprep right from the beginning.

Are you a member of schema admins/enterprise admins?

christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
> Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
> gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an
> exchange full administrator...
>

> Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:
> > On 10 Jul 2006 10:42:06 -0700, christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > >Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization.  A
> > >consultant came in to set it up.  He botched the install and the
> > >manager has no idea what was done.  I reviewed the exchange server, the
> > >exchange organization has been created and the system management tools
> > >were installed nothing else.  I added my account to exchange full
> > >administrator then installed exchange 2003.  During the installation it
> > >gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I
> > >need to run forestprep.  Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it
> > >gives me an error stating that I need to be an exchange full
> > >administrator to do this...which I already am.  I triead removeorg and
> > >it gives the same error.
> > >
> > >So in summary, I can't install exchange because the schema has not been
> > >fully extended, I cannot extend the schema with forestprep because it
> > >says I'm not an exchange full administrator.
> > >
> > >Any Ideas?
> >
> > Do not even bother to try and fix it.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
> > let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
> > /domainprep right from the beginning.

0
toast_box (3)
7/10/2006 7:07:34 PM
Wowsers - so no one was using Exchange mailboxes, right?

Has Exchange actually been uninstalled from the server? Does it still show
up in Add/Remove programs?
If not, then you can likely just delete the Organization using ADSIEdit.

If Exchange is still installed, then I'd even go one step further and delete
the Org, then delete the computer account, then flatten and rebuild the
current server (that had Exchange installed on it).

--

> working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to
>
> Configuration Container
> CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
> CN=Services
> CN=Microsoft Exchange
> CN=Your_Organization_Name
> CN=Administrative Groups
> CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
> CN=Servers
>
> under the organization name there is no administrative group
> listed...only thing there is global settings...
>
> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
>> Try this one.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
>> > gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an
>> > exchange full administrator...

0
Ben
7/10/2006 7:08:59 PM
Yes..

Toast wrote:
> Are you a member of schema admins/enterprise admins?
>

> christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
> > Yeah I already tried the removeorg.  When I try to execute that it
> > gives the same error as when i try to run forestprep.  Must be an
> > exchange full administrator...
> >

> > Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote:

> > > Do not even bother to try and fix it.
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273478 will
> > > let you strip it out to basics and let you do /forestprep and
> > > /domainprep right from the beginning.

thats correct...they are using webmail from ISP.

Thats about where I was at...but wasn't sure if I would bollocks
everything up more then it already is.

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> Wowsers - so no one was using Exchange mailboxes, right?
>
> Has Exchange actually been uninstalled from the server? Does it still show
> up in Add/Remove programs?
> If not, then you can likely just delete the Organization using ADSIEdit.
>
> If Exchange is still installed, then I'd even go one step further and delete
> the Org, then delete the computer account, then flatten and rebuild the
> current server (that had Exchange installed on it).
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to
> >
> > Configuration Container
> > CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
> > CN=Services
> > CN=Microsoft Exchange
> > CN=Your_Organization_Name
> > CN=Administrative Groups
> > CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
> > CN=Servers
> >
> > under the organization name there is no administrative group
> > listed...only thing there is global settings...
> >
> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> >> Try this one.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message

in adsi edit under configuration, services microsoft exchange,
"organization name"  is that the only place I need to delete it?

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> Wowsers - so no one was using Exchange mailboxes, right?
>
> Has Exchange actually been uninstalled from the server? Does it still show
> up in Add/Remove programs?
> If not, then you can likely just delete the Organization using ADSIEdit.
>
> If Exchange is still installed, then I'd even go one step further and delete
> the Org, then delete the computer account, then flatten and rebuild the
> current server (that had Exchange installed on it).
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to
> >
> > Configuration Container
> > CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
> > CN=Services
> > CN=Microsoft Exchange
> > CN=Your_Organization_Name
> > CN=Administrative Groups
> > CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
> > CN=Servers
> >
> > under the organization name there is no administrative group
> > listed...only thing there is global settings...
> >
> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> >> Try this one.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yup - pretty much.  Once you delete the Org, you'll be able to run setup
again and it will prompt you to create a new Organization.

--

> in adsi edit under configuration, services microsoft exchange,
> "organization name"  is that the only place I need to delete it?
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
>> Wowsers - so no one was using Exchange mailboxes, right?
>>
>> Has Exchange actually been uninstalled from the server? Does it still
>> show
>> up in Add/Remove programs?
>> If not, then you can likely just delete the Organization using ADSIEdit.
>>
>> If Exchange is still installed, then I'd even go one step further and
>> delete
>> the Org, then delete the computer account, then flatten and rebuild the
>> current server (that had Exchange installed on it).
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to
>> >
>> > Configuration Container
>> > CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
>> > CN=Services
>> > CN=Microsoft Exchange
>> > CN=Your_Organization_Name
>> > CN=Administrative Groups
>> > CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
>> > CN=Servers
>> >
>> > under the organization name there is no administrative group
>> > listed...only thing there is global settings...

0
Ben
7/10/2006 7:38:50 PM
alright...blew away the organization in adsi edit...and all is well so
far..
christopher.welty@gmail.com wrote:
> in adsi edit under configuration, services microsoft exchange,
> "organization name"  is that the only place I need to delete it?
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > Wowsers - so no one was using Exchange mailboxes, right?
> >
> > Has Exchange actually been uninstalled from the server? Does it still show
> > up in Add/Remove programs?
> > If not, then you can likely just delete the Organization using ADSIEdit.
> >
> > If Exchange is still installed, then I'd even go one step further and delete
> > the Org, then delete the computer account, then flatten and rebuild the
> > current server (that had Exchange installed on it).
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> > Read my blog!
> > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >

> > <christopher.welty@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > working through that it says go into adsi edit navigate to
> > >
> > > Configuration Container
> > > CN=Configuration, DC=Domain_Name,DC=com
> > > CN=Services
> > > CN=Microsoft Exchange
> > > CN=Your_Organization_Name
> > > CN=Administrative Groups
> > > CN=Your_Administrative_Group_Name_Or_Exchange5.5_Site_Name
> > > CN=Servers
> > >
> > > under the organization name there is no administrative group
> > > listed...only thing there is global settings...

Outlook 2003 News

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Microsoft Exchange Server

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

attachment previewers not installed?

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...