Backup exchange 2003

Hi,

How to backup an exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Server?

SF

0
socfund (1)

NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft
Information Store.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

0
anonymous (74722)
12/13/2003 3:32:59 AM
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:32:59 -0800, Patrick Rouse [MVP] wrote:

> NTBackup on the Exchange Server, select Microsoft
> Information Store.

But remember to backup the Exchange database(s) and system state in two
different jobs, otherwise the backup will fail.

Also see:

Backup Operation Fails When You Back Up Exchange Server 2003 Databases and
System State Information at the Same Time:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820272

Backup of the Exchange Server 2003 Information Store and the Windows Server
2003 System State Data Does Not Complete Successfully and Event ID 8019 Is
Logged: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820852

Regards
--
Henrik Walther
http://exchange-faq.dk

Automatically check mail in Outlook 2003
I have a new PC running XP Media Center 2005 and Office Standard 2003 trial. My PC has a built in LAN card. I use 56k dial-up modem to access POP3 on local ISP. Although I tried getting some info on Outlook 2003 from ISP they are no help--most use Outlook Express and are not familiar with Outlook. I want the PC to automatically dial and check for mail when off line every 2 hours. I would like to have outlook check mail when I am online about every 10-15 minutes. Office originally setup Outlook as if it was connected to mail server by LAN so I changed to modem. My Internet Explorer ...

Confusion in VS 2003 over declaring a new class....
We have an app that requires .net 1.1 to work, so are using VS 2003 for convenience. I'm most of the way through cleaning up the code that was originally created in VS 2008, so that it will not error on build. One particular statement has me a bit confused, as I cannot find any obvious examples to explain it. m_Results.PR = New Validator.Details currently complains that type Validator.Details is not defined, which is correct. I tried to add a new Details class to the Validator class, and declared several variables that are then used m_Results.PR.UPRN = getSelectedRowVal...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

pst backup/mirror options?
Hey all, We have a rather unique set up... Individual pc's with outlook running on them (mostly 2003) NOT connected to a domain but they are connected to a server, which the majority of users use as a file share. The server gets backed up every night, but the individual machines do not. Due to people saving on the network, the only things which really require backup are 'e-mails' i.e. outlook.pst. The most logical option is to store the pst's directly on the server and then back them up like that. However, in the even of server failure / downtime / pc needing to be out of t...

Disk space on the exchange
I have a 12GB disk space on my data directory on my exchange. My private edb file is now 9.7 GB. I had my all my user to reduce their mailboxes but I still have not seem a decrease in that .edb file. I have ran the edbutil function to compact the database, still nothing. If someone could give me some suggestion to free up some disk space, it would be very helpful. Thanks You need to do an offline defrag. Just go to google and do a search for: Exchange offline defrag Matt "jlassiter" <jlassiter@nngov.com> wrote in message news:1140a01c3f4bb$8ef15c30$a401280a@phx....

Excel 2003
Whenever a colleague updates a spreadsheet I've created it comes back 10MBytes large whereas it was originally only 50KBytes. It looks to me as if the colleague accidentally adds tens or hundreds of thousands of empty rows. How can I delete all rows below a certain row. Delete does not work. Copying the real rows into a new worksheet loses the formatting. When I apply the formatting from the big spreadsheet (paste formatting) I end up with hundreds of thousands of rows again :-( Any suggestions? Tom Selecting all the rows below your actual data. Right-click, delete cells. (this is...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an existing macro in Excel 2003.
ntahall, Alt+F8 to bring up the choose macro box, select your macro, options, assign a shortcut from there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "ntahall" <ntahall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B6102C-4B88-4131-A9AC-C48879896A17@microsoft.com... > ...

Exchange 2003 System Manager Server Modified Date Meaning
Hi, I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service packs and the furthest right says "modified date" Could some one please eleborate on what this actually means? Thanks On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 06:20:28 -0800, Darrel <Darrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for some info on the Exchange 2003 system manager server >property page. It shows in the right hand colum all the servers and service >packs and the furthest right says "modified d...

Printers On SBS 2003
I have 10 network printers on an SBS 2003 net. In learning this install, I discovered they all have static IP reservations. They are accessed by a mix of Win 7, XP and Vista workstations. I am getting ready to move them to a new server. Is it really necessary to use static IP's for shared network printers? Thanks in advance. Necessary? Well HIGHLY Recommended that you have a static IP if you ever have to access them from an IP do IP printing etc et. So Yes, not just for YOU but for anyone who else is going to work on your systems Get the Label Printer out and put t...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Exchange Disaster recovery Group
Hi, Have successfully been to restore a mailbox using the Exchange Disaster Recovery Group. Have dismounted the database, can I now delete the database from the RSG and all the associated files from the folder on the drive? Thanks, Abhi Yes. If you are done with the Recovery Storage Group, simply dismount the database, then delete the database and Recovery Storage Group from System Manager, and delete the associated files on your drive. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Abhi" &...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

excel 2000 convert to excel 2003
Hi I would like to move current excell 2000 spread sheets and open them in 2003 excel. Please help in any way. I have copied my excell 2000 data onto a floppy however it will not open in Excel 2003 XL2000 and XL2003 share exactly the same file format and so should open just fine in either. However, you should never open XL files on floppies - XL uses temporary files, which may exceed the capacity of the floppy. Instead, copy the file from the floppy to your HD before opening. In article <72864281-728A-4B27-8317-A760E6440BB2@microsoft.com>, cityof <cityof@discussions.microsoft...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

How can i make backup automaticaly
Thank you for open this post. I Want to backup exchange automaticaly For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat file and then incert it to windows jobs. Thank for a help "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009D82C-D699-47E0-BE0C-8814C2CDC813@microsoft.com... > Thank you for open this post. > > I Want to backup exchange automaticaly > For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. > If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

Publisher 2003 #5
I just installed Publisher 2003 and it put on the Microsoft Office Tools. I open Publisher and try to use the "Send To" command to Microsoft Office and I get a message that either Excel, Word .. etc. needs to be loaded. I use Microsoft Office XP Pro. All these are installed. I have re-tried installing the program but can't get it to load. Any ideas ??? ...

Exchange POP3 Message Retrieval WOES..........
Is there any possible way to decrease the amount of time for Exchange to go out and check a mail server in the POP3 settings? It will not go any lower than 15 minutes before Exchange will even attempt to go out and look for mail. For people that live and die by e-mail everyday, you would think that you could set it down to every minute if we so choose. Why limit it to only 15 minutes. Is there a VB script that will run that process faster or tell Exchange to go check for mail now versus having it wait 15 min? BTW, this is with SBS 2003 Standard Edition Please help, this is a major ...

Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Office Connector / "locked" email address
Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address in the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It is "grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results. Please. I am desperate. Thank you. -- Musoswish Control...

Finding Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have a client whom I recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. In Outlook Express he was able to create a new e-mail message and search the address book for recipients based on e-mail addresses or portions thereof instead of by name. In Outlook 2003 he cannot duplicate this type of search. I have tested this behavior in Outlook 2002 and I, too, cannot find and add contacts to an e-mail message by anything other than name. Is it possible to duplicate the find behavior of Outlook Express in Outlook 2003 or is there a work-around that will do so? Bob N. it works for me an...

IMAP access from MAC's to Exchange 2000
Guys a question for you re IMAP. We have a server (Exchange 2000 sp3 August 2004 Post SP3 Roll-UP with mirrored 36.gb disks and 2Gb of ram) in our org in a site with around local 30-40 clients. About 5-10 of these are Mac's. When the mac clients access their email (via IMAP using mail.app) the server performance falls through the floor. If the Mac's access their mail any other way all appears to be fine. I am in the process of trying Entourage 2004 on their machines but as this is a pay for client they are reluctant to spend the cash when they have a free mail client built into...

Adding a new company to exsiting Exchange Server
I have an exsiting domain and our company just purchased another company and we are moving them to our location and we want to add their users to our exchange server. I have went to the website msexchange.org and followed the Shared hosting with exchange part 1. 1 I dont have ADSI Edit tool and we planned on them joining our domain, is this going to be a probblem? 2. When adding users to the new OU it defaults to our domain email and not the new company email what did I miss? Thank you for your time on this manner. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:19:04 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.micro...

Memory problems in Excel 2003
I have a workbook developed in 2002. Recently we have upgraded to 2003, and every time the workbook is opened the error "Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close", and will not open. The same file still continues to open in 2002. Deleting 2 sheets (any 2 sheets) from the 18 present allows the workbook to open in Excel 2003. Is there anyway to work around this problem (the file is only 1.8Mb in size)? Have you tried repairing your workbook? http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshoot_your_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.Offic...