Backing up messages in smtp queue

We're looking for different alternatives for disaster recovery and one
option is to backup the smtp queue directory.
What we'd like to do is to backup all smtp messages that come through before
it hits the mailbox. This way we can redeliver messages in case of a
failure.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a third-party tool that can do this?

0
Joe (497)

So instead of backing it up, I imagine you really want to intercept the
messages and write them to a seperate queue that never gets delivered
until a disaster?  I imagine that queue can get pretty large.  There
are plenty of third party options that will intercept messages for
archive purposes, but not exactly for the purpose you propose.

You may want to consider a third party alternative for Exchange
disaster recovery that has already worked out all of the kinks for you.
 Check out http://www.steeleye.com/solutions/exchange.html for a
solution that works either across a LAN or a WAN.

David Bermingham
MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
www.steeleye.com

anonymous wrote:
> We're looking for different alternatives for disaster recovery and one
> option is to backup the smtp queue directory.
> What we'd like to do is to backup all smtp messages that come through before
> it hits the mailbox. This way we can redeliver messages in case of a
> failure.
> Just wondering if anyone knows of a third-party tool that can do this?

Disable -new messages of interest pop
Hello, How do I disable a pop boz that has a heading (new messages of interest) and lists all the senders. This is not the typical new mail bos with read, YEs/NO. Thanks Tools->Options->E-mail Options->Advanced. Uncheck the option to show a new message box. (Depending on your version - I am running 2003 and do not have the exact dialog handy.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

How do I remove downloaded messages from server with WLM?
When I go to Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties, I don't have a Advanced tab to uncheck - Leave a copy of message on the server. What else can I do? Windows 7 Home Premium WLM: Ver 2009 (Build 14.0.8050.1202) I'm not sure whether you cannot find an Advanced tab in your mail account properties - or whether the 'Leave a copy of message on the server' option is missing. I will try to address both problems. Firstly, you must select the name of the mail account, BEFORE you click on 'Properties'. If you are using WLMail to download messages from a POP3 o...

"SOAP Server Application Faulted" Error Message
Has anyone seen this message: "ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.Source: System.Web.Services" I am trying to create an account using ASP.Net with the following code: Dim myCred As New NetworkCredential("xxxx", "yyyy", "domain") 'strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server Dim strServer As String = "crm01" 'strVirtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM 'virtual directory on the platform Web server Dim strVirtualDirectory As String = "mscrmserv...

Retrieving a message incorrectly forwarded
Dear all Is it possible to retrieve an email that was sent in error to a person, without them receiving/opening it? Any assistance will be welcomed. Regards, AE Short answer, without knowing anything about your setup: no. Message Recall is available only if you use Exchange Server, sent to another Exchange mailbox, and a very specific set of circumstances was met... Andrew wrote: > Dear all > > Is it possible to retrieve an email that was sent in error to a > person, without them receiving/opening it? > > Any assistance will be welcomed. > > Regards, > > AE ...

How to Get Your Lover Back and Bring Back Lost Love !!!
t's great to see a group of people that is so passionate about How to get your ex back, or get your lover back and bring back lost love.People don't realize just how important it is to start to get informations and learn how to get your ex-back so that you will be free from that emotional trauma or torture that we face everyday due to relationships that has broken apart. This is why we need to make sure that the proper information is readily available for everyone. as this will make us happier and healthier . I've got a blog about my experiences with informations and learning h...

Error with message history
Although i have ticked the ''automatically keep history'' in Options,i don't have any history in my selected file.When i close the window with someone i was talking to an error will come up saying that ''an error occurred writing the message history with (user) access is denied'' Please help me!I don't know why this is happening and i don't know how to solve this. Please help! Just go to the chatlog folder and delete the file for that person, then next time it will start a new log and should be fine. "ArtMic." wrote: &g...

Resizing width of email messages?????
How can I make the width of my outgoing e-mail messages smaller??? At the moment when I send an email on Outlook2000 it gets truncated and disjointed when it is received by the person I've sent it to. I would like to make the width of the e- mail smaller, so that this doesn't happen and the lines of my message don't get cut off half way though eg: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbb ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccc The above is how my e-mail...

error message "form has expired" in MSCRM 3.0
Hi all, I get the following message "form has expired; form is not available anymore. For secutity reason MSCRM doesn't send automatically your informations for you" (translation from french !!!) in MSCRM. I have this message (in Outlook or through the web) when I modify the status of a quote for instance, or a view... Does anyone have an idea about that ? The configuration is : migration from 1.2 to 3.0. Server is : SBS 2003 Thanks Lo�c Hi , If anyone had this message. Thanks. Lo�c "Lo�c" <lcastaing@activeo.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: ...

Backing Up Workbooks
Currently I have a macro button to backup my workbooks. I also have a save button. I would like to use only the save button but on a specific day of the week say Tuesday I would the macro also to do a backup. Can someone tell me the code to do this. I use the following to save the file. ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close I use the following to backup the workbook. ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst Sheets("Splash").Select ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Posto Pote\Backup\Posto Pote.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlExcel8, Password:="&...

Outbound Messages sitting in Queue
I am running an Exchange 03 Enterprise server behind an ISA 2004 server. I have noticed that all of my outbound mail is sitting in the queue for several hours before finally being delivered to the destination host. For instance, I will send an e-mail to user@yourdomain.com, and it will show up in the queue. This entry will stay there for several hours before finally delivering to the recipient. During this time, I am able to successfully telnet into port 25 for mail.yourdomain.com. Also, I am able to resolve the name mail.yourdomain.com using nslookup. This leads me to believe tha...

Primary SMTP Address
I have a network account that is mail enabled. It has a smtp address which allows it to get mail delivery from the internet. I would like for the network account to be able to get mail within the domain but not from the outside (Internet). I tried to delete all the smtp address, even the primary on but I get an error message that states "This is the primary smtp e-mail address of this recipient. It cannot be removed." Can you assist me with allowing this network to receive e-mail internally but not via the internet. Thanks. Not sure if this will work but... In ADUC, ...

Backing up info on flash drive
Hey out there! I just got a flash drive, it's not a big one, but it's a start. Trying to plan ahead in case anything happens to computer. Was wondering if there is a way to back-up all the pages I have bookmarked. I usually use Firefox for my browser & have quite a few pages bookmarked, as well as a few add-ons. Is there a way to save these to flash drive? I have all my pictures & music saved, any other suggestions on what else to put on flash drive? Anything important or crucial that I should not forget? Thanks for any help or suggestions! :0) -- Messag...

Backing up Custom toolbars and macro buttons
Morning All, I have to backup my works pc and have lots of custom toolbars in Excel, and macro's linked to the toolbar buttons. What files do I need to backup to retrain this for my new pc? Im using office 97, new machine still has office 97. I believe the macros are in personal.xla? Not totally sure but what other files should I save? Many Thanks -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Adam, Personal.xls holds your (global) macros. Toolbars are stored in a file called Excel.xlb. This file would normally be stored in: C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Da...

Front end back end sp question
Hello all I'm about to isntall sp2 for exchange on my servers. Whats the order for SP install, is it front end first then the backends? Also second question. I ahve around 15,000 items in a puiblic folder (NDR messages) Is there a way to delete all this items at once without using Outlook? My Outlook chokes when i try and delete them. Thanks 1. Update the Front End servers first. 2. Use the Recipient Policies to manager mailbox settings: 319188 How to use recipient policies to control mailboxes in Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

message not received
A message was sent to a recipient in our domain but not received. The sender's email system generated the following message: "Your message has been successfully relayed to the recipients." In the end of this receipt message shows our MX record, and DNS entry, so it seems that it has found our domain. The message has not been delivered to the user and I was not able to find anything through tracking the messages on the Exchange server showing that it came in. On our gateway server that only runs IIS to route messages to the internal Email gateway (after scanning them ...

Leaving a copy of messages on server
Our company uses Outlook with Pop3 with a 3rd Party Server host. Could you tell me, in Outlook 97, under the E-mail properties, Advanced tab, under Delivery, if "Leave a copy opf message on server" is not selected, does that mean that once the mail is delivered to the user's ..pst file on their hard drive, a copy is not retained on the host server? Thank you, Sandy M Correct. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:5b6301c42d5f$02673dc0$...

SMTP message forwarding
Hi all, I need some help, I'm running exch2k. I need to allow messages addressed to one mailbox e.g IUSER@MYCOMPANY.COM, to automatically be placed into two other users mailboxes when soon as they are received by exchange. These two users work remotely using POP clients. I would also like when these users reply to the messages " the ones which were forwared to them", the message should be received by the receipent and look as though it came from IUSER@MYCOMPANY.COM. Any assistance would be appreciated. Donavan Hi again, I figured out the first part of my question b...

DST and Message Tracking Logs
I applied patches to OS, Exchange and the Exchange tool and thought we were in good shape... until I used message tracking this morning. Message tracking log times are 1 hour ahead! Anybody else run into this? Does it represent bigger problems? I only patached the OS on our exchange servers so far. This week I will be doing exchange 2k3 ent sp1 DST patch. One of my admins told me that the message tracking times were 1 hr ahead. I confirmed what my admin saw, so it's happening to us too. Must have something to do with the DST patch and like I said so far I have only patched DST at t...

Order Entry and Back Ordered Quantities
My client uses Dynamics GP v9.0 and enters all their orders with all their items marked to the QTY to Order field. This then shows all OPEN ORDERS with all ITEMS as needing to be ordered. They do this so that their Purchasing agent will order the items (whether they are available or not) as though the items are NOT available. It takes a LONG time to enter a line item, tab/enter through each field in order to move the QTY to INVOICE to ZERO and enter the QTY to ORDER with the correct qty. They do this BEFORE allocating so that the material does not get allocated (including s/n).... M...

outlook error message #41
I have installed office 2003 and when I try to get to my address book I get the following message "can't contact LDAP directory server(81)". How do I repair this ...

Outlook REPLY-original messages partially lost
--------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------A749812FB4537ED2588B62B2 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

several smtp servers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap In Apple's mail app, it's possible to select a non-dedecated smtp server. How can I do the same with entourage. I have several email account's IMAP and POP accounts and use my MacBookPro on more then one location as well I connect to the internet by a mobile G3/HSDPA band. On 1/8/10 12:36 PM, in article 59bb05db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Ruud@officeformac.com" <Ruud@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have several email account's IMAP and POP accounts and ...

Need to get Publisher 2003 back, vs. 2007
I have Office 2003. I had Word 2003 and Excel 2003 loaded, but Publisher 2003 was not. I "repaired" Office by inserting disc. I now have Pub 2007! I have docs created in 03, they will not open. Plus, I cannot even open Pub 07 at all--I get a statement something like " Will only work when loaded" (approximate statement). All in all, I am very frustrated. First, can I revert back to Pub 03 somehow? That is my preference. Thank you! "Cockapoo Lover" <Cockapoo Lover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3F8A80-5640-4E51-...

Want to Flag multiple messages
Is there any way to select several messages and Flag them all at once in Outlook 2002? Thanks! ...

Back Up
I want to use my CD burner to back up excel. I insert the CD and go through all the steps of the wizard, drag excel over to the CD icon and then I get the message that "this medium is not writeable". "Please insert writeable medium". The CD is ejected and I must get a brand new CD before it will work. My policy is to back up the excel folder each month and I want to write over the previous month data. It works for word and access by not excel. And I don't know how to clean off the CD so it is like a new one. Any help out there? Jack, You can only overwrite a ...