backend exch services

My front exchange server is in DMZ and backend exchange is inside org, the
clients inside the org using pop3 to retrieve emails from backend exchange,
so do I have to enable pop3 on front exchange … because I read in the article
that front end exchange require pop3 if it is configured for pop3 clients.
And also tell me about NNTP because that article says the same thing about
NNTP also.

0
Feelings (19)

Why are you using POP3 for internal clients? If you are using Outlook you
should be using an Exchange account. However, you only need to enable POP3
on the frontend server if there are users who wish to connect to the server
from outside your network. Are you using NNTP? If not just keep it disabled
but if you are then same rules apply as for POP3. Don't forget your FE
server is really just acting as proxy for your backend servers.

Nue
"Feelings" <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My front exchange server is in DMZ and backend exchange is inside org, the
> clients inside the org using pop3 to retrieve emails from backend
> exchange,
> so do I have to enable pop3 on front exchange . because I read in the
> article
> that front end exchange require pop3 if it is configured for pop3 clients.
> And also tell me about NNTP because that article says the same thing about
> NNTP also.

0
imaneophyte (3004)

What Service Is Causing These Symptoms:
Please help me before I tear my hair out. I am running SBS 2003 with Exchange (it says v6.5.....) and I have ongoing problems with some service that is supposed to do tasks I think. Every time I add a new contact, or a new mailbox its not actually created until the server is rebooted. Also, my "autoaccept appointments" resources do not autoaccept - I believe these two symptoms are probably related. What service manages those types of events? Any suggestions welcome. Its frustrating to have to reboot the server after hours in order to add a simple contact to Exchange! Thanks ...

Shared services admin page missing
PS2007 SP2 FebCU and WSS 3.0 SP2 FebCU Installed PS2007 and migrated data on a new dev server with win2k8. Everything is running good and i even got through the migration. However, i cannot build cubes. The error says that it cannot connect to the analysis service Db, then below that is says "provider cannot be found..." I used the technet guide in addition to MSProjectExperts Implementing and Administering MOPS2007 to retrace my steps and it appears that I've not missed any steps. I then noticed that my SharePoint Services Provider admin site is no longer a...

How do I create an Invoice for a Case or Service Hours?
I see no way to easily create an invoice for a case. We offer services by the hour. Sometimes our customers are on a Contract, sometimes they are not. Of course, when they are not we want to create a bill for the time we sold them. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks, Jim So, anyone have any thoughts on this? Do I have to create an order to get an invoice? How can I get the total number of hours spent on the case? Thanks wilcox7@hotmail.com (Jim) wrote in message news:<14d9ab5c.0309221203.5d2b3707@posting.google.com>... > I see no way to easily create an invoice for a case...

windows update wont run, says my service pack files are missing,
I show packs 1 through 3 in control panel and can't find programs to reinstall service packs without getting an error or the downloads abort for 1 reason or another. Can anybody help me out?> beartrax59@yahoo.com Thank you! Beartrax59 wrote: > I show packs 1 through 3 in control panel and can't find programs to > reinstall service packs without getting an error or the downloads > abort for 1 reason or another. Can anybody help me out?> > beartrax59@yahoo.com Thank you! Details would be better than that. I could assume you have Windows XP ______ Editio...

SQL MAX Function in CRM Web Service
Are there any way to write a sql senteces like this: select MAX(price) from product where productid = <any product id> using the CRM Web Service? Thanks Enrique ...

I receive an error about resources each time I schedule a service
I have two services setup in the Services section of CRM 3.0, they are "Network Install" and "Network Support". On each one I get a message that says "Required resources have not been selected for one or more selection rules. To complete the rules, click Required Resources.". I seem to have completed this step but it keeps saying the same thing. Can someone provide some direction on this please. Resources aren't just people. They can also be buildings, vehicles, equipment, etc. Check the definition of the rule to see all the entities it is asking for....

Default Microsoft Exchange Services-Stopped
Unable to figure this out. I have a SBS 2k3 server, running Exchange 2k3. When it was first installed, I was able to connect mailboxes on clients, etc. Now, I'm unable to resolve the server from the client side. Opening Exchange System Manager, Servers-right click on Server-Monitoring tab, it shows 'Default Microsoft Exchange Services-Stopped'. When I click on it to view the details, all of the sub-services are running. Event logs are clean for the most part. Event ID 8026 does show up. Following the KB 272552, the recipient update service is already pointing to itself. I've ...

Setup Error unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.
Hi ! I am installing CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Server Edition at the end of installation I am getting this error. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. IIS 6.0 is working fine as well as ASP.net Please tell how to fix it. -- Regards, JZ ...

Service Pack Question
Do the service packs for exchange contain the security hotfixes previously released? I would think so, but I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. ...

IIS Restarting and POP3 and IMAP4 Services....
Problem: The IIS, SMTP, POP3 and WWW services crash frequently on the Exchange with Symantec Antivirus servers and they took Exchange down. This happens with a frequency of once or twice an hour - or maybe more. Resolution: This issue is caused due to the Symantec Brightmail 5. The recommended workaround is to modify brightmail to no longer use the rulesets that are causing the issue. Please Call Symantec to resolve this issue. Here is what they will probably tell you - to modify the bmiconfig.xml file. To modify bmiconfig.xml to work around the issue: Open the services menu by goin...

Exch 2003 Tracking client-ip
Hello All, I turned on Message tracking and have looked directly at the log file, but for the greater majority of the entries there is no data in the client-ip or client-hostname fields. Would someone be so kind as to explain how I can capture this data? Please? Thanks in advance. Look at your SMTP log files. That will give you some more information. Nue <Furio1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138825929.496291.72010@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hello All, > I turned on Message tracking and have looked directly at the log file, > but for the greater majority of th...

Custom Entitiy in a Service Activity Form
Good day, I was wondering if it is possible to have a referential relationship between a custom entity and a service activity. Is it posible to have this custom entity as a lookup field in the service activity form on the first tab. Thanking you in advance. Lebo MS CRM Representative ...

multile problems with Exch 2000
Hi, I'm having real problems with my exchange - 2000 on 2000AS. I can't mail enable a public folder. I can't give a user an email address - manually or automatically on creation. I can't backup (NTBackUP) as it crashes (I suspect when it starts to look at the data) everytime. I'm getting very nervous!!! Any suggestions (polite ones) apart from getting a new server? NEIL What happens when you try to do any of this?? Do you get any errors? What shows in your event logs?? S. "Neil Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message news:d...

CRM 1.2 Install, Windows 2003 and Security Service
Hi, anyone know why when I install CRM1.2 on Windows 2003 Server I get an error with the MSCrm Security Service, The exact error is as follows Setup was unable to unregister the security service. I have search everywhere for this problem with no luck thanks in advance Brian Corbett ------=_NextPart_0001_0819F6A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, I have seen this happening when CRM and SQL run on the same machine. In order to fix this try the following steps: 1. Log in to your CRM server as Domain admin and under CMD prompt. 2. Type cd Progr...

Web service XMLSerializer WSDL parameter descriptions
Hi Is it possible to decorate web service parameters with attributes that can add documentation elements to the complex type for a web method in WSDL, something similar to what the WebMethodAttribute provides for the method itself. For something lik [XmlRootAttribute("p") public sealed class Poin [XmlElementAttribute("x")] public int XCoOrdinate [XmlElementAttribute("y")] public int YCoOrdinate [WebMethodAttribute(Description="Do some work") public void DoWork(Point input ..... Is there anyway to include a similar description for the point param...

"MAPI call failed" while updating DL in Exch 5.5 SP4
Hi, We are on Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 Server SP4. I am trying to update a DL and getting the following error. MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unexpected service provider. ID no. 80004005-0000-00000000. I have recently applied SP4 again because of the frequent Store and MTA failures. Any help in getting this fixed ? Thanks, Me. try this KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324528 -- Regards, Yannick DUCERF French Exchange Administrator "Itsme" <Itsme@nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 417520EB.8273188@nospam.com... >...

Web Discovery Service
Hi, I'm having trouble setting up the Web Service on our CRM box. I have tried to work out the reason why, but cannot find it at I am able to find the web service @ http://<crmserver>/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx once I find it I change the Web Reference Name to: CrmSdk then Add Reference. Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EnvDTE.IVsExtensibility'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{3C536122-57B1-46DE-AB34-ACC524140093}' failed due to th...

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

CRM Security Service will not start 06-28-04
After restarting our CRM server the "CRM Security Service" service will not start. The event log lists an Error with Event ID: 7000 or 7009 indicating the service is timing out. Any help would be appreciated. Miles Miles One thing to check is that the SQL service is running as the MSCRM Security service is dependent on it. If this is the problem It is worthwhile unregistering the security service and then re-registering using a -s switch so it does not try to start until SQL is up & running. Regards Peter "Miles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

can we use MOSS 2007 excel services across farms?
can we use MOSS 2007 excel services across farms? Nope. Excel is consumed only by the one farm. "EME" <EME@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18912522-AFAE-4096-9A11-2B9E81BF541E@microsoft.com... > can we use MOSS 2007 excel services across farms? ------=_NextPart_0001_C4206AB3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello EME, Excel Services cannot be consumed in a Child Farm from Parent Farm. It must be running in local SSP to the farm in order to be used. Manage inter-farm shared services (Office SharePoint Server) ...

error 80004005 changing DC on recipient update service (enterprise
When going into Exchange System Manager, under recipients, recipient update service, left panel - Recipient Update Service (Enterprise Configuration) properties, I want to change the Windows Domain Controller If I select Browse, I get Exchange System Manger The operation failed ID no: 80004005 Exchange System Manager OK - button I am running Exchange 2003 on a DC that is on Windows 2003 mixed mode. i just tried with Id. de artículo : 821465 and not fix de probelm. thanks for your help ...

Licensing question Terminal Services
Hey, I've got the following setup: - Windows SBS 2008 OEM on two machines (one AD/DC and one with the MS SQL 2008 server on it) - Windows Server 2008 Standard on a third machine acting as the Terminal Server I've purchased five TS User CALs and installed them on the TS machine - working, four used. I'm not very sure about two things though. If I buy new TS CALs do I have to buy five CALs for the SBS, too? And if, wouldn't a Windows Server CAL instead of the more expensive SBS CAL be enough? Thank you in advance -- pannal --------------------------...

CRM 3.0 for Financial Services
Who is the author of this vertical solution http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/demos/FinancialServices/IPSS_financial.html ? Is it made by Microsoft or by Microsoft's partner? Whom I should adress to offer this solution to my costumer? This is a microsoft produce Flash of a combination of ISV that include GaleForce solutions and Advice America. If you would like to know more youcan take a look at the our web site or contact me. www.galeforcesolutions.com Jeff Adams District Sales Manager Tel: 708-452-8245 cell 312 371-4376 Fax: 866 341-50...

SMTP Connector to Postini Outbound Service
Greetings: I am a Postini customer and the administrator of an Exchange 2003 organization. I am trying to send all outbound external e-mail through Postini's service for the purposes of tracking usage statistics, filtering any outbound viruses before they get to our customers, and enforcing attachment policies. So far, I do not have A/V or attachment policies turned on in my Postini account. I'm merely trying to use them as a smart host to relay outbound e-mail through. We have two routing groups each containing a single Exchange 2003 server. Each routing group has a RGC (Routing...

inetinfo process crashing causing other IIS/smtp services to fail
this is a single node cluster Windows 2003 enterprise SP1 server w/ Exchange 2003 enterprise SP2 computer. in the last week on 2 separate occasions the inetinfo process has faulted w/ the following event ================================================== Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4/27/2007 Time: 8:57:21 AM User: N/A Computer: Description: Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435bec, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, stamp 424377d2, debug? 0, fault address 0x0003248b. =======...