Back up Client List in Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Exchange

Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I  posted  as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe):  May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynd

Subject:  Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list
 From:  "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent:  6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM

1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store

2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user's mailbox or the Public Folders hierarchy

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MV
Author o

"Lynda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag
Hi, I am trying to resolve an issue we have with a 5  workstation workgroup sharing the Client Contact Lis
always owned and housed on the local machine of one of the  workgroup, OS Win 2000/the 3 other machines have XP Pro. We have a Dell server using Small Business 2003 version  5.2 (3790)and we are hosting our own domain with email o
the server via Exchange version 6.5.6944.0 and are running  Symantec Antivirus SBE 8.1.0.825 with Mail Security 4.
(although Mail Security was just loaded and the issue  preceded the installation). We have a Power Vault 100
DDS4 20/40GB internal TBU with Veritas Backup Exec Power  Suite version 9.1.4691 running on it. What the issue is
how do we back up the Client List which is shown as a part  of the Public Folders in Outlook 2003 on all our systems
but when we go to manually do a backup and  look for the  Client List, it is not there to select. There is
subfolder and another List that is shown under the same  public folder and they are seen but not our Client Lis
which preceded the updating of Outlook from 2000 to  2003.The Client List icon shows a vcard rather than
folder. Does this identify how Windows sees the information? Is there a way to select it for backup? I
not, what suggestion might you have for backing up this Client List? We have 3 different lists in Outlook tha
need to be backed up and the same apply to all. Would upgrading workstation hosting lists to XP Pro provide additional resources?  I would prefer to backup all lists along with that days tape  backup.  A secondary question has to do with how each workstation receives the Client List into their Outlook.. the number of items is different in each. Some are different by only 10 items and some many more. Why would this be if the owner of the list shared it out to the group, should i
not be an identical list? Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated

0
anonymous (74722)

"Lynda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I hope I am now in the correct group to get an answer. I  posted  as follows and received the following answer to get me to this group (I believe):
> May I ask for any assistance with the question and thank you in advance for it. Lynda
>
>Subject:  Re: outlook 2003 public folders of custom list
> From:  "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> Sent:  6/9/2004 5:25:18 AM
>
>1) This sounds like a question for the microsoft.public.exchange.admin group, since it involves backing up your server store.
>
>2) I am not clear on whether the Client Contact List folder is in a user's mailbox or the Public Folders hierarchy.

The Contaqcts list that you can all see under the Public Folders view
is in the Public Information Store in Exchange.
You will be backing this up every day as part of your nightly backup
procedure.
Tell us how you're backing up? If you have Backup Exec then you
possible also have an Exchange Agent that you bought with the
product.....

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

WCF Client serialization problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

contact list #13