Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox

I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His
mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to
their Exchange account.

This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all
users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the
reply was.

best
0
Kristofer (7)

You would have to write an event sink.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His
> mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added
> their Exchange account.
>
> This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and
> all
> users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what
> the
> reply was.
>
> best

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/21/2006 6:31:35 PM
You could instruct all three to BCC the mailbox to every mail they send from
it.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His
> mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added
> their Exchange account.
>
> This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and
> all
> users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what
> the
> reply was.
>
> best

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/21/2006 6:32:18 PM
thanks for answering, this would indeed solve my problems.

*reading up on event sinks a bit*

Hmm do you mean write an event sink wich makes BCCs or is it two separate
suggestions? If so, would you point me in a direction on the BCC part.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> You could instruct all three to BCC the mailbox to every mail they send from
> it.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His
> > mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added
> > their Exchange account.
> >
> > This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and
> > all
> > users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what
> > the
> > reply was.
> >
> > best

0
Kristofer (7)
9/22/2006 12:11:01 AM
Those would be two separate suggestions, but you could have the event sink
do the BCC.  You'll want to ask a development newsgroup about creating event
sinks.
--

> thanks for answering, this would indeed solve my problems.
>
> *reading up on event sinks a bit*
>
> Hmm do you mean write an event sink wich makes BCCs or is it two separate
> suggestions? If so, would you point me in a direction on the BCC part.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You could instruct all three to BCC the mailbox to every mail they send
>> from
>> it.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox.
>> > His
>> > mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it
>> > added
>> > their Exchange account.
>> >
>> > This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox
>> > and
>> > all
>> > users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and
>> > what
>> > the
>> > reply was.
>> >
>> > best

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Cached Mailbox
Hi, Recently a number of mailboxes have been deleted as people have left. Users still have cached information when creating new messages and populating to too field from cached information (Nk2 files). One of these cached users displays correctly but clicking on it, its credentials are that of another mailbox altogether. I just wondered how the hell that can happen? Any help appreciated. ...

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

Mail Enabled : How to retrieve the mails.
Hi, I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I retrieve the mails ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:00:36 +0800, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created one mail enabled account with smtp address but how do I >retrieve the mails ? > >Thank you. > >Rgrds, >Zul > A mail enabled account doesn't have a mailbox. When you create that account you specify an external SMTP address and collect the mail from there however you would normally do it. Hi Mark, This means that the exchang...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Query to Mail Merge issue
I am running Access2003 on WinXP SP2. I send out dues letters for members of a retiree group. When I try to do a mail merge to my Dues Query all goes fine except the telephone number in the query which is (555)555-1234 comes out 5555551234. If I copy the query into an excel spreadsheet and use that as the datasource for the mail merge it works fine. Is there something I need to do to format the query so it merges with the right format. Thanks Billa In the query format the field to include the parentheses and dash. In query design view, instead of the field name put an expression alo...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Moving Mailboxes.
When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger Settle RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroupREMOVETHIS.com> wrote: >When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move >mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a >large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Roger S...

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

No Mail Delivery #2
possible duplicate-original didn't show in 30 minutes. Last night I installed SP1 to my exchange server, it went through the install and at the end informed me that the services could not install causing the install to fail. Server roobooted fine. The next day now no mail is being delivered internally or externally. When I go to system manager under that server and qeues most of the states are set to retry. I have under local delivery on the default smtp virtual server the state is retry with several hundred messages awaiting delivery. I have stopped and started the smtp se...

cannot send or receive mail
I configured my Outlook 2003 the same as my Outlook express that has been running successfully for years. I can create mail and it remains in the outbox even after send/receive button is pushed. No error message at all. Just no action and when I close it I do get told that there are messages waiting to be sent. ...

E-mails an hour off
All e-mails seem to be an hour behind the real time. No matter where they come from or what program they are all an hour behind. The Exchange 2K3 server is set to the right time and right time zone. My XP machine is the same, but if I send a message to myself via Outlook 2K3 it will come into my inbox an hour behind. What's going on? I just noticed this this morning. I ran a bunch of MS updates last night on all the 2K and 2K3 servers. Could an update be causing this problem? Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Mike check all clients and the server to see if they...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

NDR copies are not sent to group?
Hi all, Recently I configured in SMTP server that copies of NDRs should go to distribution group - all admins. But it's not working, or working somehow strange, some admins get it, others not. Any clue how to trace the problem? Using clustered BE with one FE server, windows 2003/exchange 2003. Thanks, Chris On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:36:38 +0100, "Chris" <chris00@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Hi all, >Recently I configured in SMTP server that copies of NDRs should go to >distribution group - all admins. But it's not working, or working somehow >strange, some ...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...

Suggestions for freeing up mailbox store space plan?
Hi all, I need to clean up mailbox stores on two exchange 2k3 ent servers . Here is our current exchange setup and 1st draft on plan: Setup-- Exchange 2k3 Ent (native mode/ No exchange SP) Server1 -- Win2k3 Ent w/SP1 Server2 -- Win2k3 Stnd w/SP1 Each server has four storage groups. Server 1 Storage groups come out to 160gbs and server 2 Storage groups come out to 145gbs. Each server has 4 mailbox stores and 1 pub folder store. The largest mailbox store on each server is 50gb. The other mailbox store sizes range from 8gbs to 20gbs. The pub folder store on each server is 70gbs. I can give...

OWA Delegate to non-Exchange user?
Hi all, is it possible to delegate OWA access to a user account that doesn't use Exchange? If I try to set up a delegate from my Outlook 2003 client it requests a mail id rather that a login ID. I've tried giving the account permissions in AD U and C but test show that the pasword for the delegate isn't accepted when trying to log in to OWA. Could anyone advise please. Regards Graeme <graeme_smith77@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132923835.303433.156340@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > is it possible to delegate OWA access to a user account that ...