Autoresponder #2

Hi everyone...

I'd like to create an autoresponder called "whoami@company.com".  When you
send to this address, you would get a reply showing what your SMTP address is.

Has anyone set up something like this in Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003?  I know
it can be done in UNIX with PERL scripts, but figured there must be some
equivalent in Exchange.

Thanks in advance!
Dave
0
DaveC (14)

2003 to 2004 #2
I have money 2003 now if I get money 2004 will all the info form 2003 transfer to 2004? yes..... >-----Original Message----- >I have money 2003 now if I get money 2004 will all the >info form 2003 transfer to 2004? >. > Provided you are in the same region i.e. US > US or UK > UK. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:006501c3dc4e$933e2870$a301280a@ph...

spreadsheet formula #2
Good morning, i have a manager who wants to average a set of cells. he there are indefinate number of cells in a row and he wants to average only the current entry plus only the last three consecitive entries. example: if a1,b1,c1,d1,f1 all have entries he wants the average based on the info in b1,c1,d1,f1. when e1 has data entered he wants the average to be based on c1,d1,f1,e1. there are 20+ rows that need to have this function. can someone help, this is beyond my capabilities. thanks doug Doug, This will total it for row 1 =SUM(N(OFFSET(A1,,LARGE((1:1<>"")*(COLUMN(I...

ADC Replication #2
A couple of days ago while my servers were replicating via ADC our T-1 went down. When the connection came back up the a diabled copy of every users was created in AD with mail enabled. When users tried to log into their email Outlook said their email mailbox could not be found. I got that fixed but, now the GAL on our 5.5 servers is routing email to the wrong email address for every user on our Exchange 2000 machine. Anyone have any idea how to clean this up. Should I export the GAL, manually edit each user and re-import the CSV file or is their an easier way? We are running a mixe...

auto filter macro #2
I want to use auto filter or some other device to hide those rows whose first column has a zero in it. I would like to come up with a macro that automatically does this. The purpose is to have a sales order whose first column of every row is the quanity of each item ordered. If zero is ordered than that row would be hidden. This sales order would be linked to a data input sheet where the actual input would take place. Please help!!! ...

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient #2
hi there, When outlook 2000 users send an external(internet) mail immediately they got following error message: No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. Windows+office XP users do not face any such problem. receiving external mail is okay. regards, Monir OL2000: Error Message: No Transport Provider Was Available for Delivery to This Recipient http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197417&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name...

Can't view files with latest beta2 refresh #2
I downloaded the latest Beta2 refresh and now I cant access any of my word and publisher docs. It says "can't find file" or some such thing. I thought I read somewhere that the view and print functions in the latest refresh have been disabled. This is MOST inconvenient as every piece of business on my hard drive is now useless....is there any way of fixing this? Yes, you've said that already. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fabman" <Fabman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FD0DA9-F0DF-4CFF-ACB9-8207333DEBE7@microsoft.co...

Linking Charts #2
How do I link charts to specific cells. I have 20 charts that I have created and cannot figure out how to connect the cell to the chart when printing. In article <4FA8F588-A726-405F-ACC0-1E58CE841140@microsoft.com>, Darren@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do I link charts to specific cells. I have 20 charts that I have created > and cannot figure out how to connect the cell to the chart when printing. > What does that mean? A chart plots data in a range of cells. So, in that sense a chart is already linked to one or more cells. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tush...

Matching data #2
I want to match data from two lists A and B. And match the closest descriptions between the lists. The spelling of the descriptions in the lists in many cases will be different. An example of the problem List A Computer centre compaq dell microsoft List B cmputeR center cmpaq del 1Micrsft ...

Don't pull New Hire into payroll until Hire Date #2
Currently new employee's input into Great Plains before their actual start date need to be marked inactive or they pull into payroll. Suggest GP Payroll ignore new users until Hire date or adjust hire date has passed. - Recommended by my HR & Accounting users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

What is Time Machine and how do I enable it? #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Asnwer to an earlier message about retrieving a previously saved document, was: You can use (Time Machine) to go back in time and retrieve the file. What is Time machine and how is it enabled? If you don't know about it, then you probably have not enabled it and so it probably is not available to you to get the old version of a file. Time Machine is an application provided by the Mac operating system (Not part of Office) that makes backup to an attached hard disk. You can find it in Finder, Applications F...

Print titles #2
In Excel 2002 I would like to have the first two rows show only once at the top of the first page of any printout. I used $1:$2 but it doesn't work as it did in my old Excel 5. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Roger Roger To have the top two rows print only on the first page, do not set "Rows to repeat at top". Leave it blank or they will print on every page. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:44:48 GMT, rb10@canada.com (Roger Bedford) wrote: > >In Excel 2002 I would like to have the first two rows show only once at the >top of the fi...

Re: same driver for 2 same ISA based hardware
Hi, This thread is continuous of below thread, http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.development.device.drivers/browse_thread/thread/9ca100f606f19ba5 Finally, i tested my non pnp driver and i got some observations below, 1. When i gave Memory address in .inf file ( MemConfig ), the driver loading shows 'there is no enough space" error message but the same memory address is hardcodded in my driver (amcc5933 sample),the driver gets loaded and am able to read and write in the registers. So i can't load the same driver (.sys) for 2 deivces (but memory address...

Slow start up times... #2
Word, Excel & PowerPoint, all display the same issue and although Entourage doesn't appear to have it, it does load up slow. Here is the issue: When opening the apps, the apps load fast enough, BUT ARE NOT ready for imput for about 5 seconds after you see the empty document. So I have to wait and wait until either I can type in Word or Click on any of the cells in Excel. The same happens in PowerPoint where I can't start to do anything. I have a Menu Meters installed and I can see the two CPUS going pretty high while this is happening. All together it takes Excel 15 seconds...

How to align the bottom lines of 2-column pages?
I have compiled a bi-lingual dictionary (left to right and right to left) using Word 2007; with the result that the bottom lines of a 2-column page cannot be aligned; understandably so. Now, I want to import the documents to Microsoft Publisher 2007, where I know that aligning those bottom lines together can be done - but how? Any help offered will be much appreciated! How are you planning to export the text from Word? How many columns per page? Will your dictionary be in booklet form? Are your definitions in two different Word files? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.or...

toolbars #2
how can i expand my quick access toolbar? You can add more items to the QAT by right clicking it and using Customize. Is that what you mean by "expand" ? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Pym" <Pym@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B23B737A-AACD-4261-87C5-C9D98DBA787A@microsoft.com... > how can i expand my quick access toolbar? "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > You can add more items to the QAT by right clicking it and using Customize. > Is that what you mea...

Uninstalling Office 2004 #2
We purchased 3 office licenses. And I installed one on my mac (intel-based), accidentally using the same key code that has been used to install office on another mac. So I uninstalled office on my machine and then tried to install again but this time the set-up wizard didn't even ask for a key code and proceeded to install office with the same key code perhaps because my machine has the previous information stored in its system somewhere even though I had uninstalled it. Does anyone know how I can completely uninstall office and install it with a new key code? Thanks for your help! Hi...

Require Sales Force Automation (SFA) Software #2
We are basically a Logistics company and looking for SFA(Sales Force Automation Software)through which our sales team can co-ordinate with each other and update the database from different places also view more information http://www.fibre2fashion.com/software-solutions/knowmore.aspx?inquiryid=462. ...

Can't see window toolbars and cant access switchboard -how 2 fix?
A designer took off the ability to use the main toolbar or view the switchboard, therefore can't update linked tables now that we're moving the database to a new server. Is there a way to re-enable these toolbars or update the link to the new location a different way? Thanks Try pressing and holding the Shift key while opening the database. Unless the designer removed this option you will by able to bypass the startup options, which means you will see the default toolbar and the database window, and will be able to make design changes. "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussio...

Collection Letters #2
I have been reading the contributions regarding the Letter Writing Assistant and the Collections letters. I would like to add my voice to the opinion that we should be able to modify fields a little easier. The faculity of the letters are convenient and vital to the collection process. We are at Ver. 8.0, going to 10.0 by the end of year I hope things have gotten less complicated. ...

Outlook not closing #2
Outlook was closed last night but the screen is still showing the 'please wait while microsoft outlook exits' box. Does anyone know why this is happening? Are you running anything that might keep Outlook running (like a fax module)? "John A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04f301c3a9e4$5d70b150$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook was closed last night but the screen is still > showing the 'please wait while microsoft outlook exits' > box. Does anyone know why this is happening? No there is nothing running that would keep i...

Outlook
Please let me know the steps to create a script to show under the "Rules and allerts" tool manu. Thanks Have you tried clicking "New Rule?" :-) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com "Test" <test@any.com> wrote in message news:uhyywXW0IHA.5832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Please let me know the steps to create a script to show under the "Rules and > allerts" tool manu. > > Thanks try the outlook.programming newsgroup or outlookcode.com. -- Diane Porem...

Paper size #2
How do I set the paper size to 11 X 17? There is no custom paper size option. If your printer can handle that and if you have the correct printer driver you can set that under file>print>properties>advanced (excel 2000), I have no problems using Excel 2000 and HP 8100 Laserjet and 11X17 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bambi41" wrote: > How do I set the paper size to 11 X 17? There is no custom paper size option. ...

CTime & CTimeSpan #2
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has come across a replacement for CTime & CTimeSpan which behave as per .NET DateTime and TimeSpan classes. I need this as I have two apps one written in C# and one written in C++ COM which both access the same DB. The accessed is durations stored as Ticks i.e value representing 100 nanosecond intervals. CTime or CTimeSpan don't cater for this resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated? Regards, Martin Martin wrote: > COM which both access the same DB. The accessed is durations stored as > Ticks i.e value representing 100 nanosecond inter...

how to convert mail to task? #2
hi everyone, i wonder if someone knows how can i make a mcro that will convert mai (from specific folder) to a task? i have a folder in my outlook that every mail there i convert to tas by draging the mail (using the right click) to the task folder an choosing the "Copy Here as Task with Attachment" option - as you ca see in the attach pic i want to make this action automatic. 10x for your time eligr +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: !test.jpg |Download attachment: http://www.outloo...

Validation issue #2
I have set up my cells on one sheet with validation to a list. The list is on a different sheet. I accomplished this be selecting the 20 possible cells to contain data in the list and Insert|Name called MyList. Now on the other sheet, for the cell validation the source is: =MyList The issue is not all 20 cells will hold content at all times (depends on how many activities the user needs to define). When a user clicks the pull-down to choose from the list, the pull-down starts at the first blank cell ....so you have to scroll up on the pull-down list to see any content. I know it works...