Automatic Mount of Private Store Fails-Exch 2000

First the symptoms:
When users try to get to their accounts through the OWA they get
'HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable'. Tried to troubleshoot this error by
following the article from mssoft.
the only thing that 'fit' my situation was part which said to check if store
are mounted.
In exchange manager the private store wasn't mounted. So I mounted it
manually. But still I can't access OWA or even using Outlook on the local
network. After rebooting the server the same situation exists--the private
store shows as unmounted but gives me no errors when I do try to mount it
manually.

Don't know if there is much point in running eseutil on it as its probably
not corrupted. If it was it wouldn't have been able to be mounted manually
either. Right?

Event log reports the following errors:
event id 5719: No domain controller is available for domain. There are
corrently no logon server to service the logon request.

event id 4004. DNS server was unable to complete directory service
enumeration. Check that AD is funcitoning properly.

Based on the two error above I'm wondering if this is one of those timing
issues when one service issues request for another service which hasn't
started yet.

Also, one last piece of the puzzle might be that they were running low on
space and that screwed things up. They refuse to upgrade to larger harddrive
and when I checked they only had 50mbs left on the C: drive. However I dont
think this would matter since the exchange is installed on D:. I've also
managed to clean up some things and now they have half a gig of space.

Any suggestions as to how to approach the problem are much appreciated.

0
dfsa (33)

Well, make sure DC is up and reachable (ping, dcdiag and netdiag) before
starting Exchange server. Make sure all IP settings (DNS address in particilar)
are correct. Check event logs (Sys and DNS) on domain controller(s).

asdf wrote:

> First the symptoms:
> When users try to get to their accounts through the OWA they get
> 'HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable'. Tried to troubleshoot this error by
> following the article from mssoft.
> the only thing that 'fit' my situation was part which said to check if store
> are mounted.
> In exchange manager the private store wasn't mounted. So I mounted it
> manually. But still I can't access OWA or even using Outlook on the local
> network. After rebooting the server the same situation exists--the private
> store shows as unmounted but gives me no errors when I do try to mount it
> manually.
>
> Don't know if there is much point in running eseutil on it as its probably
> not corrupted. If it was it wouldn't have been able to be mounted manually
> either. Right?
>
> Event log reports the following errors:
> event id 5719: No domain controller is available for domain. There are
> corrently no logon server to service the logon request.
>
> event id 4004. DNS server was unable to complete directory service
> enumeration. Check that AD is funcitoning properly.
>
> Based on the two error above I'm wondering if this is one of those timing
> issues when one service issues request for another service which hasn't
> started yet.
>
> Also, one last piece of the puzzle might be that they were running low on
> space and that screwed things up. They refuse to upgrade to larger harddrive
> and when I checked they only had 50mbs left on the C: drive. However I dont
> think this would matter since the exchange is installed on D:. I've also
> managed to clean up some things and now they have half a gig of space.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to approach the problem are much appreciated.

0
kpalagin8074 (137)
2/19/2005 8:56:32 PM
Hi, Kirill. thank you for reponding.

I think I've found the problem. It's one of those thing that shouldve been
first to be checked.
It seems that the combined size of priv1.edb and piv1.stm is totaling at
exactly 16Gb
and they are running exchange standard edition.
I will recommend temporarily increasing the size to 17 Gb in registry adn
telling them to delete all of their unneded messages in delted items and
elsewhere, archiving their old items to psts and
1.either getting second 2000 exchange server
or
2. getting enterprise edition.

Thank you very much for responding/
"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@no.mail.phxint.ru> wrote in message
> Well, make sure DC is up and reachable (ping, dcdiag and netdiag) before
> starting Exchange server. Make sure all IP settings (DNS address in
particilar)
> are correct. Check event logs (Sys and DNS) on domain controller(s).
>
> asdf wrote:
>
> > First the symptoms:
> > When users try to get to their accounts through the OWA they get
> > 'HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable'. Tried to troubleshoot this error by
> > following the article from mssoft.
> > the only thing that 'fit' my situation was part which said to check if
store
> > are mounted.
> > In exchange manager the private store wasn't mounted. So I mounted it
> > manually. But still I can't access OWA or even using Outlook on the
local
> > network. After rebooting the server the same situation exists--the
private
> > store shows as unmounted but gives me no errors when I do try to mount
it
> > manually.
> >
> > Don't know if there is much point in running eseutil on it as its
probably
> > not corrupted. If it was it wouldn't have been able to be mounted
manually
> > either. Right?
> >
> > Event log reports the following errors:
> > event id 5719: No domain controller is available for domain. There are
> > corrently no logon server to service the logon request.
> >
> > event id 4004. DNS server was unable to complete directory service
> > enumeration. Check that AD is funcitoning properly.
> >
> > Based on the two error above I'm wondering if this is one of those
timing
> > issues when one service issues request for another service which hasn't
> > started yet.
> >
> > Also, one last piece of the puzzle might be that they were running low
on
> > space and that screwed things up. They refuse to upgrade to larger
harddrive
> > and when I checked they only had 50mbs left on the C: drive. However I
dont
> > think this would matter since the exchange is installed on D:. I've also
> > managed to clean up some things and now they have half a gig of space.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to approach the problem are much appreciated.

0
dfsa (33)

Compact Archive Folder in Outlook 2000
How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. Roger Why don't you start using a new archive file? What is the current size of the archive file? Try to keep your .pst files under 2 GB. Roger wrote: > How do I compact the Archive folder in Outlook 2000? I deleted a lot of > messages in it but the size has not changed. Using Advanced Personal > Folders properties does not seem to compact the archive. > > Roger The...

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

Stopping Automatic Message Box
I am using some Combo Boxes and in a number of them I am using the NotInList property to bring up a customised message box. This works fine but my message box is followed by another automatic one giving the standard error message. How can I prevent this second message box from appearing? I am sure that I am probably overlooking the obvious. Here is an example of the code: Private Sub cboMRproductType_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) MsgBox ("Selection not recognised, you must select an item from the list. To abandon the record click Cancel.") End...

How to emailing file from Excel 2000 to 2003, cannot open??
I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an attachment or as a file to a receiptiant with 2003. They cannot open it. And at some time I haven't been able to. How am I saving it into the wrong format??? Please help ASAP, am on location and needing to send a report. Thank you What are they receiving? Do they have Excel? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bennyw0528" <bennyw0528@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AED71F-93AC-4D41-8CC5-45FA965AEE2A@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an at...

XL2007: Read-only automatically applies to .xlsm files
Hi There, I don't know if its me doing something that I shouldn't do, but when I open a file which is a "regular" .xlsx file it is opened regularly. But if it's a ..xlsm file, somehow it's opened as Read-only. So far I've used the method of using the Save As ... command from the office-menu, thereby replacing the old file. A bit cumbersome. Any explanationtions and/or work-arounds ? Greetings, Peter ...

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Retrieving (re-importing) .pst archive files in Outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me how to import .pst archive files in Outlook 2000? I have tried Import from another program or file/Personal Folder File (.pst)/File to import/Browse => C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook ... and can't see any .pst files. In Windows Explorer, a search in the same location (i.e C:Documents and Settings/User(My name)/Application data/Microsoft/Outlook) reveals .FAV, .LOG, .DAT and other files, but none of my .pst archive files. I have ensured that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on in Tools/Folder...

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Automatically import/export workflow
Hello. I'm working on a redeploiment tool for CRM 3.0 pro. I mean a tool to automatically import all customizations (customizations, callouts, workflow, data...) of a CRM to another one. Is there a way to automatically (from a program, not manually) import/export workflow rules ? I know there exist web services for callouts import/export, is there the same for workflow rules. Regards, I don't think so. Workflow import/export is handled by a separate application and cannot be accessed through any of the CRM web services -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Outlook 2003 fails to terminate when closed
MS Outlook continues running as a process when terminated (as shown by Task Manager); it disappears from the Applications tab but remains under the Processes tab. If Outlook is reloaded, two copies appear under Processes (albeit the second with only small memory usage) but nothing under Applications. If the two copies are killed (End Process in Task Manager) and Outlook is then reloaded again, I'm informed that Outlook failed to load properly and do I want it loading in Safe Mode now. Outlook loads successfully in either mode, but still leaves a copy of itself behind under Processe...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

store mounting issues
(this is not related to my other similar post today) My client's sbs machine was affected by sudden shutdown in a storm. Now when the server restarts we have to manually mount the stores. I will check to see if the database is dirty and it probably is, do I need to restore from backup? This seems toi be a time consuming operation, is the best way to proceed? I would start by looking in the Event Log. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "pepper" <pepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28C8A34D-E...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Restoring a single mailbox into Exchange 2000 SP3 environment.
I perform nightly ntbackups of our entire information store. In the past I would restore the entire information store to a test clone Exchange environment server and then open the mailbox required using Outlook and export the mailbox to a pst, and then import that pst into the exiting production mailbox using outlook again. As you all probably know with a 23gig information store this is horribly time consuming, and it drives me nuts. Can someone provide me an alternative solution to this? On Wed, 24 May 2006 09:57:54 -0400, "frank s" <SFDSFDSF@SFSDFDSFSA.COM> wrote: ...

how to automatically delete non-contiguous rows
Is it possible to define a large data field then delete non-contiguous rows, like every fifth row, without having to delete each row one at a time? Hi One way to insert a column with a formula and use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) to delete the rows Test it on a copy of your workbook Sub test1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myRows As Long Range("A1").EntireColumn.Insert myRows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count With Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(myRows, 1)) .FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(MOD(ROW(),5)=1,""Keep"","""&...

How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel?
How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel and pass the Excel cell value as the parameter(s). Need to look at sample to understand the concept, if any. Many thanks. hi, Paul ! > How to execute a parameterized Sql store procedure within Excel and pass the Excel cell value as the parameter(s). > Need to look at sample to understand the concept, if any. Many thanks. see if any of the following is what you want... Ed Ferrero: Run SQL Server stored procedure in Excel macro -> http://tinyurl.com/pdmg2 Robin Hammond: Stored procedures -> http://tinyur...

Dividing a cell in Excel 2000
I am embarrassed to ask, but here goes. About a year ago some of you on this forum explained how I can divide a cell without creating a whole new row. I can't remember how I did it. With a diagonal line? A horizontal line? A vertical line? Doesn't really matter; I just want to enter a number on each side of the divide. Much appreciation, Lois You can always find previous posts in the archives. Just enter your name or email address in the author field at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* to see your posts and any replies. You might take ...

Hyper-Threading Technology for XP with Excel 2000
Attention to: Microsoft Expert My computer setting is Dual-XEON 2.66, 1GB RAM with Windows XP Professional. Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled, therefore, I am able to see four logical Processors. However, when I open single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 25% of CPU and 130MB RAM on computing resources. If I disable Hyper- Threading Technology, then it displays only 2 CPU processors only, and I try to run the same single Excel 2000 spreadsheet for calculation, it consumes 50% of CPU, of course, the speed of calculation is faster. Could you tell me why Hype...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

Exch 5.5 public folder duplication
We have created a Public folder of type Post. All users can post and read from it. We use it as an items for sale area. Sometimes, however, multiple entries of the same entry appear, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 copies. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...

Outlook 2003 & Exchange 2000 Server
I have upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 and all appeared to go well but now Outlook will not connect to the Exchange server. Reports error in conf for RPC. OWA stills works fine. Also when I try to add Exchange Server it reports that the server is not online, but it is. I have review everything on MS site but have found nothing that deals with this issue. do you have these keys? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols] "ncacn_np"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll" "ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll" "...