Auto Response with Exchange 5.5

I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5.  So when
someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated
response go back.  But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it
attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side
rule if possible??  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BiG

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5.  So when
>someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated
>response go back.  But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it
>attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side
>rule if possible??  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>BiG

Add a reply rule in Outlook. It will be a server-side rule unless you
add something funky to the rule. Sure you want to do this? You are
setting yourself up for a mail loop.
0
adavid (8731)
8/12/2005 7:21:46 PM
I'm not sure are you saying this is a bad idea?  What negative things
could come of this?  I told them this could increase spam 50%.  Do you
have a link on how to create this rule.  I still might have to do this
because of upper management:\

Thanks!!!!!!

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:29:29 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'm not sure are you saying this is a bad idea?  What negative things
>could come of this?  I told them this could increase spam 50%.  Do you
>have a link on how to create this rule.  I still might have to do this
>because of upper management:\
>
>Thanks!!!!!!

It could create a mail loop. To create the rule, simply go into Rules
and create a new one and choose to have it reply with a specfic
message.

>Andy David - MVP wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5.  So when
>>>someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated
>>>response go back.  But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it
>>>attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side
>>>rule if possible??  Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>BiG
>>

>> Add a reply rule in Outlook. It will be a server-side rule unless you
>> add something funky to the rule. Sure you want to do this? You are
>> setting yourself up for a mail loop.
0
adavid (8731)
8/12/2005 7:48:30 PM
I don't completely understand the mail loop that a side when you add a
rule it's a local rule to outlook.  So outlook has to stay running for
the rule to work.  I added a rule and it even said "This rule is a
client-only rule, and will process only when Outlook is running.  I need
to add some sort of rule or script where it's always running on the
server oulook will be shut down every night.  Any suggestions??

Thanks,

BiG

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:32:21 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I don't completely understand the mail loop that a side when you add a
>rule it's a local rule to outlook.  So outlook has to stay running for
>the rule to work.  I added a rule and it even said "This rule is a
>client-only rule, and will process only when Outlook is running.  I need
>to add some sort of rule or script where it's always running on the
>server oulook will be shut down every night.  Any suggestions??
>
>Thanks,
>
>BiG

	Are you using OUtlook 2003? there is a rule criteria called "
have server reply with a specific messae" . See if that works.
A mail loop can occur because you will reply to every message with
another message.

>Andy David - MVP wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:29:29 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not sure are you saying this is a bad idea?  What negative things
>>>could come of this?  I told them this could increase spam 50%.  Do you
>>>have a link on how to create this rule.  I still might have to do this
>>>because of upper management:\
>>>
>>>Thanks!!!!!!
>>>

>> It could create a mail loop. To create the rule, simply go into Rules
>> and create a new one and choose to have it reply with a specfic
>> message.

0
adavid (8731)
8/12/2005 10:53:11 PM
I'm currently using Office XP but I will dig up a copy of Office 2003.
So you have to use Microsoft Office to create a server side rule like
this?  I thought there would be a place in Exchange 5.5 that would allow
me to create a Auto Reply?  I tried it with Office XP but it does seem
to be looping?  There has to be a away to do this I'm sure I'm not the
1st person to a raise a question like this.  Thanks for any further help:)

BiG

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:03:00 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'm currently using Office XP but I will dig up a copy of Office 2003.
>So you have to use Microsoft Office to create a server side rule like
>this?  I thought there would be a place in Exchange 5.5 that would allow
>me to create a Auto Reply?  I tried it with Office XP but it does seem
>to be looping?  There has to be a away to do this I'm sure I'm not the
>1st person to a raise a question like this.  Thanks for any further help:)

You dont need Outlook 2003 to create an auto-reply:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956
"How to create a server-side rule to automatically reply with a
specific message in Outlook 2000"
or:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347871033.aspx

To do this at the server level without using Outlook, you would need
to write a script.

As for the loops, well if you use an auto-reply, then you can expect
that. That is why it is *not* recommended.

>BiG
>

>Andy David - Exchange MVP wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:32:21 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>I don't completely understand the mail loop that a side when you add a
>>>rule it's a local rule to outlook.  So outlook has to stay running for
>>>the rule to work.  I added a rule and it even said "This rule is a
>>>client-only rule, and will process only when Outlook is running.  I need
>>>to add some sort of rule or script where it's always running on the
>>>server oulook will be shut down every night.  Any suggestions??
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>BiG
>>>

>> 	Are you using OUtlook 2003? there is a rule criteria called "
>> have server reply with a specific messae" . See if that works.
>> A mail loop can occur because you will reply to every message with
>> another message.

0
adavid (8731)
8/15/2005 8:13:37 PM
So when people do this they are doing it under there own caution?  I
would think Microsoft would have something that would allow you to
create a auto reply without a mail loop situation.  I will read the
articles posted and see if I can create a server side rule.  Thanks
again for the links...!!!

BiG

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:03:00 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I'm currently using Office XP but I will dig up a copy of Office 2003.
>>So you have to use Microsoft Office to create a server side rule like
>>this?  I thought there would be a place in Exchange 5.5 that would allow
>>me to create a Auto Reply?  I tried it with Office XP but it does seem
>>to be looping?  There has to be a away to do this I'm sure I'm not the
>>1st person to a raise a question like this.  Thanks for any further help:)
>

> You dont need Outlook 2003 to create an auto-reply:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291956
> "How to create a server-side rule to automatically reply with a
> specific message in Outlook 2000"
> or:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347871033.aspx
>
> To do this at the server level without using Outlook, you would need
> to write a script.
>
> As for the loops, well if you use an auto-reply, then you can expect
> that. That is why it is *not* recommended.
>

>>BiG
>>

>>Andy David - Exchange MVP wrote:

>>>	Are you using OUtlook 2003? there is a rule criteria called "
>>>have server reply with a specific messae" . See if that works.
>>>A mail loop can occur because you will reply to every message with
>>>another message.

Exchange coexistance with other servers
Hi all could Exchange coexist with SMS Server and/or MOM, and ISA with DNS on one HW, and DC with Live Communication Server? TIA On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:09:54 +0100, guzzi <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote: >Hi all > >could Exchange coexist with SMS Server and/or MOM, and ISA with DNS on >one HW, and DC with Live Communication Server? > >TIA It can, but I'd question whether you have the horsepower to do it. If you have two boxes (from your post I see two: one Exchange and one DC/LCS) I would put the Exchange and DNS on the DC and the SMS & MOM on the other one. ...

Exchange server unavailable #6
Hi Guys, One of my clients are running Outlook 2003 and are currently logged onto the exchange server on their individual machines. However, when they log into a different machine, they can't open outlook as they get the error message "The Exchange Server is unavailable". Any ideas on how to solve this? How is the authentication set on the other computer? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

Exchange gateway antivirus products...
We are currently running Symantecs Mail Security for Exchange product on our SBS 2000 machine - as well as having Symantec's AV Corporate installed on every machine in our organization. We have recently outsourced SPAM detection to a company called SPAM Soap who also provides virus detection. No email can reach our organization UNLESS it comes through their servers first (We have rules defined on our Watchguard firebox's SMTP service to ensure this...) - where it is scanned for both SPAM content and VIRUS infections. In an effort to cut costs I am looking at doing away completl...

Exchange contact creation always goes to First Admin Group
Exchange 2003 When creating a contact in a native mode Exchange organiztion, the First Admin Group is selected by default and there is no drop-down box for selecting other Admin Group. In mixed mode, the drop-down box is available for selection. Is there a more flexible way to change this 'feature', say making the Second Admin Group as a default for contact creation? Thanks Hong Hong, This is by design since Exchange 200x does not care what admin group a DL or Contact belongs too when in native mode. The AG(5.5 Site) was important only for 5.5 since it was used to determ...

Exchange Distribution Groups: Best method for email address in CRM
We have several "support@domain.com" type addresses for various distribution groups within Exchange 2003 that have "other" members as forwards. CRM 4.0 indicates dist groups can't be used and need addresses that have physical mailboxes. What is the best practice to get this "newly" created "support" user email to be forwarded to the other email addresses (since you can only set to forward to one entity in AD U & C)? -- Thanks for your help! IWT These "distribution group addresses" are also being used to track CRM activities ...

Can we decide not to use the OAB when using Exchange 2K3 Cache Mod
MS Exchange 2003 "Cache mode" seems to be a really nice feature but it seems that if deciding to use it on an Outlook 2003 Client, then we MUST use the OAB at the same time, which is good and really handy when working offline. But what if I would like to use that OAB only when offline? And when connected to my LAN continue to query on the fly the Global Catalog to retrieve Address Book info in real time? On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:07:01 -0700, Julien <Julien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >MS Exchange 2003 "Cache mode" seems to be a really nice feature but it ...

chop off last 5 characters of a string
I have a list of strings that vary in length from 10 to 15 characters. The last 5 characters are always different but always a length of 5 characters and I want to chop them off and keep only the left part of the string, which varies in length from 5 to 10 characters. Is there a VBA or SQL or Excel function that will do this all in one shot for the whole list? for example, let's say you have the following strings (using numbers as strings for visual clarity) 12345678905555a 1234567895555b 123456785555c 12345675555d 1234565555e the function should return 1234567890 123456789 1234...

Exchange 2007 and OWA Signatures
Can we use graphic file attachment for signatures in OWA? I've seen two request on this so far on this forum, and I think it would be useful who uses graphics for signatures and not just texts for Exchange 2007's OWA. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:33:09 -0500, "Jeremy" <jeremya@geniant.com> wrote: >Can we use graphic file attachment for signatures in OWA? I've seen two >request on this so far on this forum, and I think it would be useful who >uses graphics for signatures and not just texts for Exchange 2007's OWA. > That would be nice, but poin...

Redirect Exchange E-mails Storage
I have Installed Windows 2003 and Exchange Server on the C: Drive with a capacity of 100GB. I have a RAID 5 drive x with 800 GB. I would like all the e-mails stored on the x drive. Also the default web site(OWA) be on x drive . How can i do this ? thanks This KB will walk you thru how to move database and log files in Exchange 2003 (both should be on separate LUN's from your OS). Moving the default web site is probably unnecessary. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915 Todd "winwoo3_68" <anugu.pramod@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160421623.761485.247160@m7g2000...

duplicates #5
I have a sheet that has had data imported into it. CAXU9605980 CAXU9661520 CAXU9816262 CAXU9974231 CAXU9974308 CLHU4489864 CLHU4489910 CLHU4490649 CLHU4528282 CLHU4529566 EMCU1171480 CLHU4489910 EMCU2256370 EMCU2405957 EMCU9220723 EMCU9417353 FSCU6292526 CAXU9605980 The following list above is all in Column 'B' There will be duplicates of these numbers I need to have a macro that will delete teh rows of the duplicates. How can I do that? Thanks Hi John http://www.cpear...

date Format #5
I am from South Africa. My bank uses the date format yyyy-MM-dd and I have set the money format to the same one (and all the others available) but cannot import a Quicken file. Keep getting the message: You file couldn't be imported because its date format doesn't match your Money file's format. Any more setting one can change because I have tried all the date formats. bertus In microsoft.public.money, Bertus wrote: >I am from South Africa. My bank uses the date format yyyy-MM-dd and I have >set the money format to the same one (and all the others available) but &g...

12.0.1 Does not show up in auto-updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have seen this on each of the nearly 20 machine's I've tried this on (different companies). When I click the "check for updates" in Word, it always says "There are no updates available at this time". Each time I have had to come to this site to download the 12.0.1 update and install in manually. What is wrong with the updater application? It hasn't caught this update ONCE yet on any of the machines I have tested. Again, different machines, different offices, etc... Thanks. In article ...

Running auto correct on startup?
Hi, I'm using excel 2003 and I'm looking for a way to manually or automatically run auto correct on startup or after pasting. The thing is that I'm importing large amounts of data and using text to columns to sort it out and everythings fine, but the data comes from different places and does not always match very well. Since it's important that for instance "St. Peters" from one source and "Saint Peter's" from another source can automatically be changed to the same "Saint Peter's" I'm looking for something with auto correct here...

Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 connection
I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other. One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites. Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to connect them together? On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:04:36 -0400, "Mr. Lee" <Nospam@email.net> wrote: >I have 2 Exchange orgs that need to be connected to each other. > >One is Exchange 2000 the other is 2003. They are in different sites. > >Is there a reference somewhere that will provide all the steps neccessary to >connect them together? > If yo...

auto search for rate
I have been provided dollar value and I need to find out the rate. Example: Gross Pay EI $840. 14.53 Now after fiddling with numbers I found the rate to be 1.73%. What is the formula that can automatically calculate this? =EI/Gross_pay or =14.53/840 "plantslayer" <plantslayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74E9822C-8956-454A-9C29-0413AD638A03@microsoft.com... >I have been provided dollar value and I need to find out the rate. > Example: > Gross Pay EI > $840. 14.53 > Now after fiddling with numbers I foun...

Transaction Auto-split reports for ALL employees
Transaction Auto-split for Adv PR needs a report that lists all employees and their designated splits for on-going audit purposes. Perhaps a default SmartList, as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Microsoft Exchange Event
I cannot start the "Microsoft Exchange" Event service and it retuns no error. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Ben Hebert No error in the pop-up or Application Log? This is the most common issue. XADM: How to Remove Duplicate EventConfig Folders ID: 187523 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Ben" <...

exchange mailbox backup
I am using legato backup and recovery solution version 7.2 and I want to know do legato need exchange admin right user to backup the mailbox in microsoft exchange 2003. On 26 Sep 2005 02:00:22 -0700, "AJ" <abdulla_ali@adm.gov.ae> wrote: >I am using legato backup and recovery solution version 7.2 and I want >to know do legato need exchange admin right user to backup the mailbox >in microsoft exchange 2003. I would ask legato. For mailbox backups, I would assume yes. Don't backup mailboxes. Back up the Information Store. Configure deleted item and deleted ma...

Administrative Groups and removing 5.5
Hi, I'll be removing our one and only Exchange 5.5 server in the next week or so (which has been powered off for 2 months), and I have read all the documents about what needs doing about removing exchange 5.5 from a exchange 2003 organisation. My only concern is about the current Administrative Group which appears to be linked to the exchange 5.5 site, when I remove 5.5 will this group disappear? or should I create a new group first, move the current exchange 2003 server into this group and then remove 5.5? Can anyone help clear up my mind some. Marcus No it won't (remo...

deleting Exchange 2003
I'm trying to remove my exhange 2003, after having moved allmailboxes over to a new server. Everytime I try to uninstall Exchange, I get an error saying "One or more users currently usea amilbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mialbox store on a different server or be mail disbaled before uninstalling this server" Wierd thing is, there arew no mailboxes on this server. In previous post, I mentioned I had a problem trying to delete a mailbox. I finally gave up and renamed the priv1 file and let exchange create a brand new one. So...why is it still sayin...

How to check email on Exchange Server by POP3
Hi, I have an account on Exchange Server. Can I check the email by the Outlook Express with POP3 (the POP3 port works on the address of the Exchange Server). Thanks, Cary Su wrote: > Hi, > > I have an account on Exchange Server. Can I check the email by the > Outlook Express with POP3 (the POP3 port works on the address of the > Exchange Server). > > Thanks, > Cary Only if your admins allow it. I don't - I have external users use Outlook Web Access or VPN/RPC over HTTPs. Talk to your IT staff at work. Assuming that all the pieces are correct (e.g. site all...

Exchange 2003 vs Exchange 2007
Hi all We are currently on exchange 2003 std edition and i am thiunking of upgrading to exchange 2007. Obviously i need to motivate why i want to do this...Is there anywhere a link or information that points out the differences between 2003 and 2007 and in which ways 2007 is more improved than 2003 Any help would make my life easier in motivating thank you You don't need except you are rich and have nothing to do. I did that because our old server is almost out, but I have a lot of trouble to upgrade it. Ray "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.c...

Can Publisher autosave -just save latest, not for auto recover
Publisher is not prompting for saves on closing - resulting in work being lost (yes, I know, people should be manually saving, but there hjave been several instances where peope habve closed the program, expecting a save [prompt and have not receibved it. Work is being lost. Is there a way of having Publisher 2003 automatically save latest changes to a working file at set intervals? Note: autorecover saving is not the answer as this is only available if the program stalls. I am after something that simply saves the latest changes every 5-10 minutes. And prompts to save changes on closin...

resetting flyer from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 paper size
in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size? Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in text boxes. If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste special, paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale properly. Keep the original for editing, as you can not change the text or graphics after athe enhanced .wmf is created. "the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95DAC63E-9E29-4B...

How to run ajax implemented .Net 3.5 to an old version 2.0
Hi, I have developed a Web Application in .Net 2008 and implemented <asp:UpdatePanel /> in it. But now I am trying to build it in .Net Version 2.0. But it gives an error -- "Error 1 Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' ". I have downloaded earlier version of AjaxControlToolKit, but it does not work. What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0 Thanks and Regard Dg The UpdatePanel is not part of 2.0 or the Ajax Toolkit. This is an additional "Ajax extension for 2.0" download... Also as 3.5 is just 2.0 plus additional stuff, I wo...