auto-forwards resulting in mail loops

Is there any safe way to allow auto-forwards to the Internet without risking
a mail loop situation (eg. remote mailbox fills up and sends an NDR back to
your originating address, which of course forwards that NDR, which again
bounces etc etc)

I seem to recall that in 5.5 a user's mailbox limit wouldn't even stop the
NDRs from being sent or received, leaving you with the potential of filling
your drives and crashing your server because of a single message being
forwarded to an external account.  Is this still the case, or has that been
corrected in Exchange 2003 so that once the local mailbox is full, it
wouldn't forward or accept the looping message anymore?

Thanks for any insights,

Phil

Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1

If you configure the forwarding at the user account level, and not with an
Outlook rule, this will work without risking a mail loop, and it doesn't
require automatic replies to the Internet to be enabled.

First, create a contact in AD that has the external e-mail address of the
destination assigned to it.
Next, in the User account properties, Exchange General Tab, Delivery Options
button, specify the Contact as the forwarding address.  Optionally, you can
choose to deliver messages to both locations.

In addition, you'll likely find it much harder to introduce an infinite mail
loop with Exchange 2003, as there is built-in logic to detect mail loops and
act accordingly.  I still wouldn't recommend using Outlook rules to
auto-forward messages though.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange Support Engineer

"Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
> Is there any safe way to allow auto-forwards to the Internet without
> risking a mail loop situation (eg. remote mailbox fills up and sends an
> NDR back to your originating address, which of course forwards that NDR,
> which again bounces etc etc)
>
> I seem to recall that in 5.5 a user's mailbox limit wouldn't even stop the
> NDRs from being sent or received, leaving you with the potential of
> filling your drives and crashing your server because of a single message
> being forwarded to an external account.  Is this still the case, or has
> that been corrected in Exchange 2003 so that once the local mailbox is
> full, it wouldn't forward or accept the looping message anymore?
>
> Thanks for any insights,
>
> Phil
>
> Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1

0
Ben
10/30/2006 5:22:27 PM
Hi Ben, thanks for the response.  I just need to clarify something.  I see
you say I don't have to enable automatic replies to the Internet to have
this work, but do I need to enable automatic forwards?  If so, does that put
me at risk of having a user create an Outlook rule that can cause a mail
loop?  We've left automatic forwards disabled at the server level assuming
it would prevent users from causing grief with Outlook rules.  Our client at
present is Outlook 2000 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Phil

"Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
> If you configure the forwarding at the user account level, and not with an
> Outlook rule, this will work without risking a mail loop, and it doesn't
> require automatic replies to the Internet to be enabled.
>
> First, create a contact in AD that has the external e-mail address of the
> destination assigned to it.
> Next, in the User account properties, Exchange General Tab, Delivery
> Options button, specify the Contact as the forwarding address.
> Optionally, you can choose to deliver messages to both locations.
>
> In addition, you'll likely find it much harder to introduce an infinite
> mail loop with Exchange 2003, as there is built-in logic to detect mail
> loops and act accordingly.  I still wouldn't recommend using Outlook rules
> to auto-forward messages though.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange Support Engineer
> Microsoft
>

> "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any safe way to allow auto-forwards to the Internet without
>> risking a mail loop situation (eg. remote mailbox fills up and sends an
>> NDR back to your originating address, which of course forwards that NDR,
>> which again bounces etc etc)
>>
>> I seem to recall that in 5.5 a user's mailbox limit wouldn't even stop
>> the NDRs from being sent or received, leaving you with the potential of
>> filling your drives and crashing your server because of a single message
>> being forwarded to an external account.  Is this still the case, or has
>> that been corrected in Exchange 2003 so that once the local mailbox is
>> full, it wouldn't forward or accept the looping message anymore?
>>
>> Thanks for any insights,
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1

I tried this, and it works without automatic forwards enabled.  Thanks.  So
what does the Allow Automatic Forwards option control exactly?  Whether or
not a user can set up an Outlook rule to automatically forward?  If so, this
is exactly what we need as we can control it ourselves on a user by user
basis.  I should feel confident that even if the remote mailbox rejects one
of these messages we won't be stuck in a loop situation?

Thanks much Ben,

Phil

> Hi Ben, thanks for the response.  I just need to clarify something.  I see
> you say I don't have to enable automatic replies to the Internet to have
> this work, but do I need to enable automatic forwards?  If so, does that
> put me at risk of having a user create an Outlook rule that can cause a
> mail loop?  We've left automatic forwards disabled at the server level
> assuming it would prevent users from causing grief with Outlook rules.
> Our client at present is Outlook 2000 if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>> If you configure the forwarding at the user account level, and not with
>> an Outlook rule, this will work without risking a mail loop, and it
>> doesn't require automatic replies to the Internet to be enabled.
>>
>> First, create a contact in AD that has the external e-mail address of the
>> destination assigned to it.
>> Next, in the User account properties, Exchange General Tab, Delivery
>> Options button, specify the Contact as the forwarding address.
>> Optionally, you can choose to deliver messages to both locations.
>>
>> In addition, you'll likely find it much harder to introduce an infinite
>> mail loop with Exchange 2003, as there is built-in logic to detect mail
>> loops and act accordingly.  I still wouldn't recommend using Outlook
>> rules to auto-forward messages though.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange Support Engineer
>> Microsoft
>>

>> "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there any safe way to allow auto-forwards to the Internet without
>>> risking a mail loop situation (eg. remote mailbox fills up and sends an
>>> NDR back to your originating address, which of course forwards that NDR,
>>> which again bounces etc etc)
>>>
>>> I seem to recall that in 5.5 a user's mailbox limit wouldn't even stop
>>> the NDRs from being sent or received, leaving you with the potential of
>>> filling your drives and crashing your server because of a single message
>>> being forwarded to an external account.  Is this still the case, or has
>>> that been corrected in Exchange 2003 so that once the local mailbox is
>>> full, it wouldn't forward or accept the looping message anymore?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any insights,
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>>> Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1

No, you don't need automatic forwarding to the Internet enabled either.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange Support Engineer
Microsoft

"Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ben, thanks for the response.  I just need to clarify something.  I see
> you say I don't have to enable automatic replies to the Internet to have
> this work, but do I need to enable automatic forwards?  If so, does that
> put me at risk of having a user create an Outlook rule that can cause a
> mail loop?  We've left automatic forwards disabled at the server level
> assuming it would prevent users from causing grief with Outlook rules.
> Our client at present is Outlook 2000 if that makes any difference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>> If you configure the forwarding at the user account level, and not with
>> an Outlook rule, this will work without risking a mail loop, and it
>> doesn't require automatic replies to the Internet to be enabled.
>>
>> First, create a contact in AD that has the external e-mail address of the
>> destination assigned to it.
>> Next, in the User account properties, Exchange General Tab, Delivery
>> Options button, specify the Contact as the forwarding address.
>> Optionally, you can choose to deliver messages to both locations.
>>
>> In addition, you'll likely find it much harder to introduce an infinite
>> mail loop with Exchange 2003, as there is built-in logic to detect mail
>> loops and act accordingly.  I still wouldn't recommend using Outlook
>> rules to auto-forward messages though.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange Support Engineer
>> Microsoft
>>

>> "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there any safe way to allow auto-forwards to the Internet without
>>> risking a mail loop situation (eg. remote mailbox fills up and sends an
>>> NDR back to your originating address, which of course forwards that NDR,
>>> which again bounces etc etc)
>>>
>>> I seem to recall that in 5.5 a user's mailbox limit wouldn't even stop
>>> the NDRs from being sent or received, leaving you with the potential of
>>> filling your drives and crashing your server because of a single message
>>> being forwarded to an external account.  Is this still the case, or has
>>> that been corrected in Exchange 2003 so that once the local mailbox is
>>> full, it wouldn't forward or accept the looping message anymore?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any insights,
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>>> Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2K3 SP1

0
Ben
10/30/2006 6:34:03 PM
Correct - enabling Automatic forwarding allows Outlook clients to set up
rules to auto-forward messages to the Internet.

As far as the last point, using Outlook rules is still not recommended for
this scenario.  While the potential for creating an infinite mail loop is
much less severe, the potential is still there.  Using the forwarding option
on the user properties will not cause a mail loop, and would be the
preferred method if possible.  Using this method still allows you to control
it on a user by user basis, while still allowing you to prevent users from
creating auto-forwarding rules.

--

>I tried this, and it works without automatic forwards enabled.  Thanks.  So
>what does the Allow Automatic Forwards option control exactly?  Whether or
>not a user can set up an Outlook rule to automatically forward?  If so,
>this is exactly what we need as we can control it ourselves on a user by
>user basis.  I should feel confident that even if the remote mailbox
>rejects one of these messages we won't be stuck in a loop situation?
>
> Thanks much Ben,
>
> Phil
>
> "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ben, thanks for the response.  I just need to clarify something.  I
>> see you say I don't have to enable automatic replies to the Internet to
>> have this work, but do I need to enable automatic forwards?  If so, does
>> that put me at risk of having a user create an Outlook rule that can
>> cause a mail loop?  We've left automatic forwards disabled at the server
>> level assuming it would prevent users from causing grief with Outlook
>> rules. Our client at present is Outlook 2000 if that makes any
>> difference.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> "Ben Winzenz [MSFT]" <benwinz@nospamdotmicrosoftdotcom> wrote in message
>>> If you configure the forwarding at the user account level, and not with
>>> an Outlook rule, this will work without risking a mail loop, and it
>>> doesn't require automatic replies to the Internet to be enabled.
>>>
>>> First, create a contact in AD that has the external e-mail address of
>>> the destination assigned to it.
>>> Next, in the User account properties, Exchange General Tab, Delivery
>>> Options button, specify the Contact as the forwarding address.
>>> Optionally, you can choose to deliver messages to both locations.
>>>
>>> In addition, you'll likely find it much harder to introduce an infinite
>>> mail loop with Exchange 2003, as there is built-in logic to detect mail
>>> loops and act accordingly.  I still wouldn't recommend using Outlook
>>> rules to auto-forward messages though.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange Support Engineer
>>> Microsoft
>>>

>>> "Phil McNeill" <philmcneill@NOSPAM4MEhydroottawa.com> wrote in message

0
Ben
10/30/2006 6:46:03 PM
Excellent.  Thanks!

> Correct - enabling Automatic forwarding allows Outlook clients to set up
> rules to auto-forward messages to the Internet.
>
> As far as the last point, using Outlook rules is still not recommended for
> this scenario.  While the potential for creating an infinite mail loop is
> much less severe, the potential is still there.  Using the forwarding
> option on the user properties will not cause a mail loop, and would be the
> preferred method if possible.  Using this method still allows you to
> control it on a user by user basis, while still allowing you to prevent
> users from creating auto-forwarding rules.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange Support Engineer
> Microsoft

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Renamed Junk E-Mail Folder
We're using MS Outlook 2003 (Standard) on several of our Dell laptops. After installing Outlook 2003 on a recently reformatted system, I noticed that my user's "Junk E-Mail" folder is named "Correo no deseado" which loosely means "mail not wanted" in Spanish. Since this is a system folder, the user wasn't able to rename it. Neither my manager nor I have any idea about why this folder has been renamed in Spanish or how to correct the problem. This is the only item in Outlook that has a Spanish translation. Too weird! Any ideas? look for l...

Outlook Mail notification
Back in the day when I used Netscape 4.0. I used to be able to configure the Netscape email program to notify me with a taskbar icon (and sound) anytime a new email came in, regardless of whether I had the email program running or not. I am currently using Outlook 2002 (Office XP) as my email program. I am able to configure Outlook to notify me when a new email comes in, but apparently it only works when Outlook is running. Does anyone know if there is a way for it to send an mail notification icon when Outlook isn't running. I am on a cable modem so I am always connected, and Ou...

decimal spaces toolong when mail merging from excel
I recive data in an excel spreadsheet that contains in one column a number expressed as " 5.55" which is supposed to be a percentage, but when I try to mailmerge the data, it mailmerges as "5.55061561650660". In other words it carries out the decimal place more than 2 digits, which is not what I want. I have tried formatting the cell, rounding, hand typing the information in another column and deleting the column that contained the original information (which I am sure was edited from 5.55061561650660.) How can I fix this problem so that when I mail merge it comes ou...

Admin and System hidden public folders (system objects) using e-mail addresses
I have 2 hidden objects that are holding e-mail addresses which I want to use. One is named "Admin" the other is named "System". I want to remove all proxy addresses and other e-mail addresses from these hidden objects. I assume these are both standard objects. What is the best way for me to clean these up? Should I simply use ADSI Edit to remove the attributes I don't want set? Also, can I set a flag to prevent any new address policies from propagating to these objects in the future? Here is the LDAP dump for one of them (certain elements removed for secur...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

OWA problems after changing default SMTP E-Mail Addresses for our site (exchange 2003 on windows server 2003)
(Edit: In the process of writing this message I have learned that my problem has been partially corrected but some functionality is still not work so I'll continue asking for advise. After some of my research I believe a reboot of the exchange server is what helped the situation) Environment: We're running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 on the back end and we have OWA running on another Windows Server 2003 system in the DMZ. We recently acquired a shorter name for our company and we wanted to make a site wide change of the default SMTP reply-to address for all our employees. (f...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

saving formula result automatically............
I have info in a workbook which i want to referenced in anothe workbook, I used INDIRECT("'[" & A1 & ".xls]report'!a1");with A1 being the nam of the workbook ,to get the the info...... the problem is this onl works when the workbook is open. when u close the the other workboo the result goes back to #REF. is there someway i can save that result automatically in a differen cell or something without having to deal with that 'hated' #REF whe the other workbook is closed? i hope ya'll understand what i wrote! Thanx in advanc -- Message posted fr...

Money 2005: entering bond buy transaction results in total amount/
Hi everyone: I've entered several bonds I have in Europe (in EUR) in a new Microsoft Money 2005 file. The bond price was €1,000. I have one of them. This is recorded correctly. I did not enter a commission or accrued interest. However, the total amount shows as only €10.00. I can't say why this is happening. Any ideas? Thanks, SA. Yup. Because you enter the bond price in percent of face value. To quote a US version help file "In the Price box, enter the price of the bond, which is usually a percentage of the face value. For example, for a bond bought at $97.75 per $100...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Mailing Labels
Hello, I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Sorry it says Enter Parameter Value...then on the bottom it says TRIM "rosa5845" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my > mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Open the report definition in design view. Find the control on the report that includes the Trim() function. What happens if you remove that function? There's a possibility that y...

NDR Help
Hi, I hope someone can help on this. A few people have complained they cannot e-mail to us always. They get an NDR. This is very intermittent it seems and not everyone is affected. They have forwarded the NDR they have received. I've attached it below. I can't work out if our mail server has sent that to them or if it is generated by their company e-mail server. This happens mainly with one company but i think it has happened to some others as well - i can't be sure but the one company mainly (or even only). It is odd in that they can e-mail and get through then do it aga...

AUTO SUM
I USED AUTO SUM TO TOTAL SUBSECTIONS OF A COLUMN. THE FIRST 2 SHOWED THE TOTAL CORRECTLY: THE LAST 2 SHOW "#####" IN THE CELL. IF YOU PRINT THE WORKSHEET, THE CORRECT TOTAL PRINTS IN THOSE "#####" CELLS. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? BJ wrote: > I USED AUTO SUM TO TOTAL SUBSECTIONS OF A COLUMN. THE FIRST 2 SHOWED THE > TOTAL CORRECTLY: THE LAST 2 SHOW "#####" IN THE CELL. IF YOU PRINT THE > WORKSHEET, THE CORRECT TOTAL PRINTS IN THOSE "#####" CELLS. WHAT AM I DOING > WRONG? You just need to resize that column. Type resize column into...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails
Newbie Needs Help With Formatting E-Mails Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to ...

Give a delegate Permission to send mail on my behalf
Hi I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and respond to mail on the other person's behalf. What am I doing wrong please help Thanks SMatthew What version of Outlook? They need to grant you "send on behalf of" rights in their Outlook - or, depending on the Exchange server version, the admin may be able to grant you rights to it there. SMatthew wrote: > Hi > > I am able to view the mailbox of the person who has set > me up as a delegate. But I am not able to send mail and > respond to ma...

Selecting Pics in Explorer, then "Send via e-mail" doesn't work...
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I haven't found it in a search. I'm running Outlook 2007 and it worked fine with XP - since I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't select *any* files in explorer and send them via e-mail. Nothing happens, then I can't get Outlook to start under any circumstance unless I reboot. I need to create a new e-mail, then select the files...and it works fine, but it's a giant PITA. Any help: Sounds like it is caused by a corruption or an incompatible add-in. Which add-ins do you have installed? Tools-> Trust Center-&g...

search folder Outlook 2003 giving incomplete results
I created a search folder in Outlook 2003 with the criteria being show me message from or sent to a specific person. I also used the browse buton to make sure I selected all the folders including the deleted items folder. When I click the folder it accurately shows me the items I have sent to this person, but does not display mail sent to me from them as recent as today. It does display message sent from him a couple months ago. The email address for him has not changed. I'm puzzled, but it makes me nervous that I may not be getting all the mails i'm looking for Unless I manua...

Junk E-mail Problem
Hi All, Our company using Small Business Server 2003, all the user use outlook 2003. We connect email through Exchange Server. We had a big problem, my boss email usually go to junk mail at Exchange Server mail box. But not every email. We had added him to safe sender list but the problem still exist. I had checked the server but I can't find the definition of filter email. My boss is using Powerbook Macintosh and Microsoft Entourage 2004 to send email. His company email is always forward to his ISP email and he receive email from ISP pop3 account. He use ISP smtp account to send emai...

Infopath w/ manually entered values in drop-down and qry results
I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the appropariate plase. I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that is poulated with manually-entered values. I choose a value, submit the updated data, and it does put the correct value in the SQL 2005 database. However, the next time I query the data, the value in the drop-down list box is the default value for the list-box, not the value from the database, which is misleading. I would have expected the drop-down listbox to display the value from the database instead. Thanks. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, in...