Auto forward doesn't work for email sent to distribution list

Hi there,

When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for
people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office
Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For
all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve this
problem???
Many thanks in advance,

Lex.
0
LexHaak (3)

Define "auto forward".
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for
> people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office
> Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For
> all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve
> this
> problem???
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Lex.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/29/2005 6:50:16 AM
Hi Ed,

In your Out of Office Assistant you can choose to use a rule to forward all
incomming email to an external email address.

Regards,

Lex

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Define "auto forward".
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for
> > people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office
> > Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com". For
> > all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to solve
> > this
> > problem???
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> > Lex.

0
LexHaak (3)
8/29/2005 7:32:05 AM
This will not work by default, as Exchange blocks auto-forwarding to the
Internet (for good  reason).  You'll either have to enable automatic
forwarding (not recommended) or set up a contact in AD for that specific
external e-mail address.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

> Hi Ed,
>
> In your Out of Office Assistant you can choose to use a rule to forward
> all
> incomming email to an external email address.
>
> Regards,
>
> Lex
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Define "auto forward".
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there,
>> >
>> > When I sent an email to a distribution list it's not auto forwarded for
>> > people (members of this distribution list) who have there Out of Office
>> > Assistant configured with "forward all messages to email@address.com".
>> > For
>> > all other messages the auto forward works fine. Anyone any idea to
>> > solve
>> > this
>> > problem???
>> > Many thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Lex.

0
Ben
8/29/2005 2:40:36 PM
Hi Ben,

Auto forwing is enabled, for all emails (internal and external) the auto
forwing works fine to external email addresses. It's only when an internal
email is send to a Distribution List, that email is not forwarded.

Regards,

Lex.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" schreef:

> This will not work by default, as Exchange blocks auto-forwarding to the
> Internet (for good  reason).  You'll either have to enable automatic
> forwarding (not recommended) or set up a contact in AD for that specific
> external e-mail address.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ed,
> >
> > In your Out of Office Assistant you can choose to use a rule to forward
> > all
> > incomming email to an external email address.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Lex
> >
> > "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Define "auto forward".
> >> --
> >> Ed Crowley
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >>
> >> "Lex Haak" <LexHaak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
LexHaak (3)

outlook works a while then goes into "not responding"
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: oUTLOOK 2002 From: "vingman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/6/2004 1:24:20 AM this is a repost from my earlier message which had a uselessly broad subject I recently added Norton Internet Security and now my outlook freezes after a few actions, i can open a few emails or send some but after a short while i get the dreaded "not responding". i tried uninstalling internet security but outlook still didn't work. i also fixed the pst file with the microsoft utility (it found errors, th...

Auto fill and drop down lists
The fields are Rank and Rank Sort (I cant do this alpabetically as a the ranks (Military) don't run in alphabetical order. The idea is this: The form (Pers Details Form) contains personal details Name, Number etc from the Pers Details Table. There will be box where I can select the rank from a dropdown list. The Rank details are contained in a seperate table (Rank Table) containing a Rank and Rank Sort column. In the Pers Details Form I can create a record, enter details but I want to have a drop down box to choose the rank from. Once chosen I would like the rank to show (but ...

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Price list 02-23-06
Does anyone know how to default a quote to a particular price list, or can I remove this mandatory field? Tks. Ian Hi Ian, You could write a script at the OnLoad Event of the Quote Form. var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: alert("This is a create form."); //insert the PriceList GUID into the Price List look up field here. break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE: break; } Hope this helps. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This post...

Outlook and Hotmail -- now works again! For some not all?
Received from MS: <<Recently, Hotmail� announced that ... Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft� Office Outlook� and Outlook Express. [BUT....] <<We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.>> ....an "...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

deny ability to delete sent items
Environment is Win2k3 Server and Exch2k3. We would like to impliment a Group Policy that would remove users ability to delete the items in their Sent Items folder. It would be OK if items could be removed after Archiving if necessary. It appears that deleted Sent Items do not go to Deleted Items folder, so dumpster retention policy doesn't seem to be a solution. Any ideas? I am 99.9% certain that this is not possible through group policy. I'm very certain that while it might be possible, it would be extremely difficult to implement and manage. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

Receive triplicate emails
On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. Sent test m...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...