Auto-Accept Agent event sink for Exchange Server 2003 help!

I have installed the Auot-Accept Agent, using the local system account
as the service's account.  I have edited the AutoAccept.config.xml
file, leeaving only the "global" configuration information.  I have
run the RegisterMailbox.vbs and ListMailboxes.vbs scripts to add and
list those accounts added (I created a text file with the default SMTP
addresses as found in Exchange Server 2003).

All of these steps appear to have gone off flawlessly... The
problem... proving this is true with the MailboxStatus.vbs script.
This script's XML output (run with the /DEBUG option on) indicates
that the "Registration status cannot be determined".

Has anyone else used this event sink and could perhaps provide some
assistance?  Below is an excerpt from the XML file created by
MailboxStatus.vbs with the /DEBUG option set.  I see the "error" (
<!--DAVGet returned empty url for inbox--> ), but I cannot really
determine what it is trying to tell me... [I've changed the account
and server/domain names below, but those originally displayed were
correct for each of the 25 accounts being processed]

<MailboxStatus>
  <Summary>
    <!--address filter =  Length = 0-->
    <CurrentTime>9/20/2004 3:52:44 PM</CurrentTime>
    <MailboxCount>25</MailboxCount>
  </Summary>
  <Mailbox>
    <!--Len(sMail) = 0-->
    <!--Empty SMTP address filter!--></Mailbox>
  <Mailbox EmailAddress="resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local">
    <!--Len(sMail) = 44-->
    <!--searching <GC:/gc1.myforest.local>;-->

<!--(&(objectClass=user)(mail=resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local));-->

<!--<GC://gc1.myforest.local>;(&(objectClass=user)(mail=resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local));msExchHomeServerName,mail,mailNickname;subtree-->
    <!--1 records found-->
    <!--Checking registration for
resourceaccount1@mydomian.myforest.local-->
    <!--url = http://MYExchangeServer/exchange/resourceaccount1/-->
    <!---->
    <!--namespace = xmlns:na='urn:schemas:httpmail:'-->
    <!--DAVGet returned empty url for inbox-->
    <Server>MYExchangeServer</Server>
    <RegistrationStatus>2</RegistrationStatus>
    <RegistrationTime></RegistrationTime>
  </Mailbox>

Thanks for any help you can provide...
----
Rick.
0
rnewton (25)

Rick -

Are you running the MailboxStatus.vbs script from the (Windows 2003) server
on which the agent is installed? If so, the Windows 2003 IE security
enhancements may get in the way. Try to run this script from another machine
across the network and see if you get the same results.

--
Evan Dodds
Microsoft Exchange Support

****** Disclaimer ******

Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

"Rick Newton" <rnewton@herpersgowling.com> wrote in message
>I have installed the Auot-Accept Agent, using the local system account
> as the service's account.  I have edited the AutoAccept.config.xml
> file, leeaving only the "global" configuration information.  I have
> run the RegisterMailbox.vbs and ListMailboxes.vbs scripts to add and
> list those accounts added (I created a text file with the default SMTP
> addresses as found in Exchange Server 2003).
>
> All of these steps appear to have gone off flawlessly... The
> problem... proving this is true with the MailboxStatus.vbs script.
> This script's XML output (run with the /DEBUG option on) indicates
> that the "Registration status cannot be determined".
>
> Has anyone else used this event sink and could perhaps provide some
> assistance?  Below is an excerpt from the XML file created by
> MailboxStatus.vbs with the /DEBUG option set.  I see the "error" (
> <!--DAVGet returned empty url for inbox--> ), but I cannot really
> determine what it is trying to tell me... [I've changed the account
> and server/domain names below, but those originally displayed were
> correct for each of the 25 accounts being processed]
>
> <MailboxStatus>
>  <Summary>
>    <!--address filter =  Length = 0-->
>    <CurrentTime>9/20/2004 3:52:44 PM</CurrentTime>
>    <MailboxCount>25</MailboxCount>
>  </Summary>
>  <Mailbox>
>    <!--Len(sMail) = 0-->
>    <!--Empty SMTP address filter!--></Mailbox>
>  <Mailbox EmailAddress="resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local">
>    <!--Len(sMail) = 44-->
>    <!--searching <GC:/gc1.myforest.local>;-->
>
> <!--(&(objectClass=user)(mail=resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local));-->
>
> <!--<GC://gc1.myforest.local>;(&(objectClass=user)(mail=resourceaccount1@mydomain.myforest.local));msExchHomeServerName,mail,mailNickname;subtree-->
>    <!--1 records found-->
>    <!--Checking registration for
> resourceaccount1@mydomian.myforest.local-->
>    <!--url = http://MYExchangeServer/exchange/resourceaccount1/-->
>    <!---->
>    <!--namespace = xmlns:na='urn:schemas:httpmail:'-->
>    <!--DAVGet returned empty url for inbox-->
>    <Server>MYExchangeServer</Server>
>    <RegistrationStatus>2</RegistrationStatus>
>    <RegistrationTime></RegistrationTime>
>  </Mailbox>
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide...
> ----
> Rick.

0
evand (114)
9/22/2004 12:22:21 PM
Evan,

Unfortunately, this is not the case.  I'm running, per the information
in the guide, the MailboxStatus.vbs script from my local hard drive as
follows:

cscript //nologo .\MailboxStatus.VBS
/f:.\ResourceAccountSMTPAddresses.txt /i /DEBUG > .\MailboxStatus.log

The test file is the same list file used to originally run
RegisterMailbox.vbs script (which itself was run from the server
hosting Exchange 2003).

In addition, I get a warnnig message on the screen that the page is
"accessing information not under its control..."  I've added to the
trusted intranet sites in IE on my system the server which hosts
Exchange; both by name and the IP (but not the FQDN).

Any more suggestions on verification so that I know (without accessing
each resource account individually) that all is well with this event
sink.

Thanks again...
----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:22:21 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>Are you running the MailboxStatus.vbs script from the (Windows 2003) server
>on which the agent is installed? If so, the Windows 2003 IE security
>enhancements may get in the way. Try to run this script from another machine
>across the network and see if you get the same results.

0
rnewton (25)
9/22/2004 2:47:43 PM
Rick -

Actually, this response gives even further evidence that the cause is
related to IE hardening. If it were seeing this server as truly within the
trusted sites, I wouldn't expect to get warning popups. Since we make a call
into DAV, it uses IE interfaces and IE security settings on the
workstation/server where the script is run will interfere. What operating
system is your local workstation where you're running the script? Have you
tried running the script from any other servers/workstations that do not
have customized IE security or the Windows 2003 / XPSP2 IE hardening
settings in place?

--

> Evan,
>
> Unfortunately, this is not the case.  I'm running, per the information
> in the guide, the MailboxStatus.vbs script from my local hard drive as
> follows:
>
> cscript //nologo .\MailboxStatus.VBS
> /f:.\ResourceAccountSMTPAddresses.txt /i /DEBUG > .\MailboxStatus.log
>
> The test file is the same list file used to originally run
> RegisterMailbox.vbs script (which itself was run from the server
> hosting Exchange 2003).
>
> In addition, I get a warnnig message on the screen that the page is
> "accessing information not under its control..."  I've added to the
> trusted intranet sites in IE on my system the server which hosts
> Exchange; both by name and the IP (but not the FQDN).
>
> Any more suggestions on verification so that I know (without accessing
> each resource account individually) that all is well with this event
> sink.
>

> Thanks again...
> ----
> Rick.
>
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:22:21 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
> <evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Rick -
>>
>>Are you running the MailboxStatus.vbs script from the (Windows 2003)
>>server
>>on which the agent is installed? If so, the Windows 2003 IE security
>>enhancements may get in the way. Try to run this script from another
>>machine
>>across the network and see if you get the same results.

0
evand (114)
9/22/2004 3:21:05 PM
Evan,

The system from which I'm running the script is a Windows 2000 SP4 +
all hotfixes/patches/etc.  All client systems in my domain, 2000 & XP,
are up to date with service packs, patches, hotfixes, security
updates, etc., through to last week's "patch Tuesday" releases.  The
same is true for the servers.

If I look at my Windows 2000 IE intranet trust settings I've added
entries as foliows:

http://<ip_address>
https://<ip_address>
http://<NetBios_name>
https://<NetBios_name>

[Note: this system is SBS and as such is running both Exchange and
OWA; so I've left out hte actual IP and system names]

I have not added the following to the trust:

http://<NetBios_name>.<domain>.<domain>.local
https://<NetBios_name>.<domain>.<domain>.local

I don't beleive this should make any difference however...

How do you feel I should proceed?

Thanks,
----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:21:05 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>Actually, this response gives even further evidence that the cause is
>related to IE hardening. If it were seeing this server as truly within the
>trusted sites, I wouldn't expect to get warning popups. Since we make a call
>into DAV, it uses IE interfaces and IE security settings on the
>workstation/server where the script is run will interfere. What operating
>system is your local workstation where you're running the script? Have you
>tried running the script from any other servers/workstations that do not
>have customized IE security or the Windows 2003 / XPSP2 IE hardening
>settings in place?

0
rnewton (25)
9/22/2004 4:54:21 PM
Rick -

That's the only thing I've run into which caused this problem (which is not
to say that it might not be caused in your case by something totally
different). It looks to me like you've got everything set properly, but it
might still be advantageous to try it from at least one or two other
workstations or servers to see if they demonstrate identical behavior with
their default IE settings. You could also do some analysis with network
monitor to see what's really getting passed between the workstation and
server. At the end of the day, however, it's really going to come down to
how much time you want to spend looking into this display problem since you
know the mailboxes are properly registered and functional.

--

> Evan,
>
> The system from which I'm running the script is a Windows 2000 SP4 +
> all hotfixes/patches/etc.  All client systems in my domain, 2000 & XP,
> are up to date with service packs, patches, hotfixes, security
> updates, etc., through to last week's "patch Tuesday" releases.  The
> same is true for the servers.
>
> If I look at my Windows 2000 IE intranet trust settings I've added
> entries as foliows:
>
> http://<ip_address>
> https://<ip_address>
> http://<NetBios_name>
> https://<NetBios_name>
>
> [Note: this system is SBS and as such is running both Exchange and
> OWA; so I've left out hte actual IP and system names]
>
> I have not added the following to the trust:
>
> http://<NetBios_name>.<domain>.<domain>.local
> https://<NetBios_name>.<domain>.<domain>.local
>
> I don't beleive this should make any difference however...
>
> How do you feel I should proceed?
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Rick.
>
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:21:05 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
> <evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Rick -
>>
>>Actually, this response gives even further evidence that the cause is
>>related to IE hardening. If it were seeing this server as truly within the
>>trusted sites, I wouldn't expect to get warning popups. Since we make a
>>call
>>into DAV, it uses IE interfaces and IE security settings on the
>>workstation/server where the script is run will interfere. What operating
>>system is your local workstation where you're running the script? Have you
>>tried running the script from any other servers/workstations that do not
>>have customized IE security or the Windows 2003 / XPSP2 IE hardening
>>settings in place?

0
evand (114)
9/22/2004 5:03:39 PM
Evan,

That's just the thing... I don't know for certain that all is working
as it should.  I think that it is only because a second execution of
the RegisterMailbox.vbs returned notifications that each resource
account was already registered to the sink event.

Would you consider this enough "proof" that all is working?

Thanks for you assistance... I will also take your suggestion and
attempt to run the MailboxStatus script from the Windows 2000 server
and a Windows XP system in the domain and see if there results aren't
different.

----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:03:39 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>That's the only thing I've run into which caused this problem (which is not
>to say that it might not be caused in your case by something totally
>different). It looks to me like you've got everything set properly, but it
>might still be advantageous to try it from at least one or two other
>workstations or servers to see if they demonstrate identical behavior with
>their default IE settings. You could also do some analysis with network
>monitor to see what's really getting passed between the workstation and
>server. At the end of the day, however, it's really going to come down to
>how much time you want to spend looking into this display problem since you
>know the mailboxes are properly registered and functional.

0
rnewton (25)
9/22/2004 5:14:21 PM
Rick -

I would try to schedule a meeting requests against the registered resource
for some out-of-the-way time (say, 11pm Saturday night) and see if the agent
handles the request. If it accepts or declines the request as you would
expect, you know it is working. If it provides no response, it's not
registered or something else has gone wrong -- this you can troubleshoot
with the tracing capability of the agent.

--

> Evan,
>
> That's just the thing... I don't know for certain that all is working
> as it should.  I think that it is only because a second execution of
> the RegisterMailbox.vbs returned notifications that each resource
> account was already registered to the sink event.
>
> Would you consider this enough "proof" that all is working?
>
> Thanks for you assistance... I will also take your suggestion and
> attempt to run the MailboxStatus script from the Windows 2000 server
> and a Windows XP system in the domain and see if there results aren't
> different.
>
> ----
> Rick.
>
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:03:39 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
> <evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Rick -
>>
>>That's the only thing I've run into which caused this problem (which is
>>not
>>to say that it might not be caused in your case by something totally
>>different). It looks to me like you've got everything set properly, but it
>>might still be advantageous to try it from at least one or two other
>>workstations or servers to see if they demonstrate identical behavior with
>>their default IE settings. You could also do some analysis with network
>>monitor to see what's really getting passed between the workstation and
>>server. At the end of the day, however, it's really going to come down to
>>how much time you want to spend looking into this display problem since
>>you
>>know the mailboxes are properly registered and functional.

0
evand (114)
9/22/2004 6:15:37 PM
Evan,

OK... I'll have to send it as a "mail" message, or as a request where
I don't designate the resource as a resource in the appointment since
these account have long ago been configured through OL2003 to accept
automatically messages that come in as resource account booking
requests...

I'll let you know how I make out with both the testing of
MailboxStatus and the appointment/e-mail tests...

Thanks... and keep your fingers crossed.
----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:15:37 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>I would try to schedule a meeting requests against the registered resource
>for some out-of-the-way time (say, 11pm Saturday night) and see if the agent
>handles the request. If it accepts or declines the request as you would
>expect, you know it is working. If it provides no response, it's not
>registered or something else has gone wrong -- this you can troubleshoot
>with the tracing capability of the agent.

0
rnewton (25)
9/22/2004 7:03:25 PM
Evan,

Perhaps something simple as a service not running... could this be the
problem?  I've run the script from a coupld of other systems, and they
too show the prompt and provide the same failure message....

Again, I verified that the intranet trusted site list included the
exhange server host system...

----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:15:37 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>I would try to schedule a meeting requests against the registered resource
>for some out-of-the-way time (say, 11pm Saturday night) and see if the agent
>handles the request. If it accepts or declines the request as you would
>expect, you know it is working. If it provides no response, it's not
>registered or something else has gone wrong -- this you can troubleshoot
>with the tracing capability of the agent.

0
rnewton (25)
9/22/2004 7:15:11 PM
Evan,

I've performed the test appointment (sent as required) for one fo the
resource accounts and all worked as advertised!   As a sole IT dept.
this is one tool I appreciate since it will sve me some administration
time on these accounts (time I considered wasted as the clean up was
always the result of an end-user who could be bothered to add the
account as a resource).

If I ever find a system, or am able to detrermine how to correct the
problem in the MailboxStatus script I'll let you know... perhaps if
someone else does, they could pass along that information -- I still
prefer to be able to properly use the complete toolset...

Thanks,
----
Rick.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:15:37 -0400, "Evan Dodds [MSFT]"
<evand@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Rick -
>
>I would try to schedule a meeting requests against the registered resource
>for some out-of-the-way time (say, 11pm Saturday night) and see if the agent
>handles the request. If it accepts or declines the request as you would
>expect, you know it is working. If it provides no response, it's not
>registered or something else has gone wrong -- this you can troubleshoot
>with the tracing capability of the agent.

0
rnewton (25)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

applying auto archiving
Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox. I would like some help with this please. I know t...

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Need help with Auto Filter

Addressing within Exchange 2003

How to restore entire server?

Event id 9693 MsExchangeIS
Has anyone else in the world seen this? I used to get 9667 before upgrading to SP2. Hi Stillabdul, I need more information to be able to assist you with this. Can you please post the entire event here to the newsgroups ... please change and internal information to generic names like "Computer". Hope this Helps, -- Matthew Byrd Microsoft PSS Run Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Today http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/exbpa When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ...

Outlook 2003

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003