Audit access to public folders

I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to
public folders, the one who creates, reads, erases or modifies the exposed
elements in public folders from the outlook and from the OWA. If this
information
it stores or can store in some log and if there exists some tool that do
reports on this access. Thank you very much.

Hi i think u can enable loging at server level on public folder instance. try
out Thanks Manoj

"Félix Casado García" wrote:

> I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to
> public folders, the one who creates, reads, erases or modifies the exposed
> elements in public folders from the outlook and from the OWA. If this
> information
> it stores or can store in some log and if there exists some tool that do
> reports on this access. Thank you very much.
Hi Manoj

I enable loging  at server level on public folder instance but only in the
security events I cannot see anything, only I see thet the store is open, but
i don´t see what forlder o file are open.

thanks

"Manoj Oommen Muscat 99206988" escribió:

> Hi i think u can enable loging at server level on public folder instance. try
> out Thanks Manoj
>
> "Félix Casado García" wrote:
>
> > I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to
> > public folders, the one who creates, reads, erases or modifies the exposed
> > elements in public folders from the outlook and from the OWA. If this
> > information
> > it stores or can store in some log and if there exists some tool that do
> > reports on this access. Thank you very much.

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Accessing a document from classes that are included in a dialog
Hi, I have a dialog that includes a class "ListBoxPair" which includes "ListBox". In this class, I would like to access the doc to update variables What is the best way to do it? Many thanks Thank you very much. I am sorry for the stupid question, I am just new in it: Should I write a constructor that gets this argument? How should it look like? An additional question, when it works, how do I go up to get this doc (from the class I mentioned before)? Thank you very much for your help "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote: > Liat wrote: > > Hi, > &g...

Posting vs sending in public folders
Hi I'm running Exchange 2000 sp3 in native mode When sending internal mail to a mail enabled public folder, the mail is represented as a message. When the public folder receives any external mail, it is represented as a post. Is there a way to default it to either all messages or all post (I'm actually more interested in having them all messages) Thank you. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817809 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "KNA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D98A...

Outlook 2007 collapsed folders
Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always have to click the '+' sign. If new mail comes in I cant see the header right away until I uncollasped the folder. Did I change the default view somewhere? Thanks Kita kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, > unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always > have to click the '+' sign. What tye of account? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 9 Aug 200...

How do I make my publication my background on the computer?
I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a background on computer, how do I save it in a picture form so the control panel will recognize it? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Punky" <Punky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C939A3-824B-45E9-8F05-421BDD7DFA83@microsoft.com... >I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a > background on computer, how do I save it in a p...

Outlook HTTP access generates blank message
Server: Windows & Exchange 2000 Client: Outlook 2003 We have some users that remotely access their email via the HTTP functionality in Outlook. Doing so is generating completely blank messages in their inbox � no subject, sender or recipient and the headers are totally blank. It seems like these messages usually appear after deleting a normal message from the Inbox. Any ideas what is causing this? TIA! Tony ...

easiest way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report
Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report so that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and horizontal lines? You can use the Line method of the report in its Page event. Use a loop to repeat at whatever grid size you want. Measurements are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch This is how the Line method works: Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rathe...

LDAP, AD and Public Folders
Currently we have all of our company wide contacts in a Public Folder. Can we access those contacts with LDAP without having to move them all to the AD as contacts? If the only way to access them through LDAP is if the are contacts in the AD, is there an easy way to move them all from the public folder to AD? If the contacts have to be in AD, how do I allow users to be able to add/edit/delete these contacts through Outlook? We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 200x. Thank you for your help "Shirley DeLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we h...

Block Relay Access
I work for a small company that uses MS Exchange running on a 2003 SBS server with ISA firewall. We're having a problem with people using our server to send their emails. At any given time, we can take a look at the current sessions and see 5-10 sessions connected. As I said, we're a small company and there is no way that all those emails are originating with us. What we would ideally like to do is force everyone who wants to send an email out from our server to authenticate using their username/password from the Active Directory. I've tried a variety of settings, but n...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

Access in guest acct XP Pro
i need to allow a guest account to use the PC, but deny access to Control Panel, Network Places. Lots of pretty complicated regedits, gpedits, etc. any easy, less scary way? thanx ...

Reports access
Hi how to block access to the reports for a group of users I don't believe you can do this. Bear in mind that a user will only see the records in a report that their security role permits them to with read access. Regards PeterC "usankar" wrote: > Hi > > how to block access to the reports for a group of users ...

Mailbox access permission for admin
In the past, we grant CIO the full access to particular user's mailbox and the access permission will be revoke afterward. Is there a way to check if there's some of the mailboxes still have access by the CIO? (instead of go into each user's properties) ...

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

outlook 2010 folder display missing after email moved into it
After you move a message into a folder, the folder name on the folders display pane on the left disappeared... the only way to get it back is to exit and restart outlook 2010 However, this doesn't happen if you move a message into a subfolder.. ...

Change of public IP for fighting spam
Hi, If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this going to help us fight spam? Is there's a risk of not getting email? Example old: www.company.com = 60.1.1.1 Examble new: www.company.com = 60.1.1.5 By the way, I noticed that most big companies cannot be ping anymore. Is this advisable too? Thanks, Ricky On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:06:02 -0700, RickyVene <RickyVene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >If I ask my dns registor to change my ip to another public ip. Is this >going to help us fight spam? Is there's a ris...

I can't see microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign
I want to post a question about my website, and have noticed requests that those questions go to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I have verizon FIOS and use news.verizon.net. That group is not in the list. I just talked to techinal support and they said there is no way to request a newsgroup be put in the verizon newsgroup server. Can it be possible that no one using that group is using verizon newgroups?! I'm using Outlook Express 6. I click on news.verizon.net, then Reset List. If I type microsoft.public.pub I can see *this* group, but not publisher.webdesign. I would rat...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Import Excel to Access
I was having a problem importing data from Excel to Access. The field size within Access tables was limited, but then I found out to change the Default field type to Memo. This worked for the most part, but I'm still unable to get the full data from some Excel cells into Access. It seems like text is still being cut off (limited). I figured out a work around by adding a row ontop of the Excel work sheet and to just include large text field sizes, so that it's automatically detected as Memo during the import into Access. Apparently some of the cells were causing the impo...

Access database on my Web site
I hate to even ask this, but I'm going a bit crazy here. Can anyone tell me how to take a simple little db that I have developed in Access 2003, that simply collects people's names and put it on my web site? The other thing is, once it is loaded to the web site, how do I get to the data? There is so much info available that I am getting massively confused. I use Frontpage 2000 for my Web editor if that is of any help. Any help would be seriously and very greatly appreciated! Thanks. SJ You'll need to create web pages that can communicate with your mdb file. You can use ASP...

Access Version and "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter"
HiI know that you can use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter only inAccess Version XP and Higher.So I have created following code:If sAccVersion => "10.0" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter Else MsgBox "........" Exit SubEnd IfSome users user Acc2000 and some XP.The users with Acc2000 have of course problems with the lines of code above,because Acc2000 can not read:DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitterSo my question is:Is it possible to use acCmdDatabaseSplitter in my code without gettingproblems with the users who use Acc2000.Thanks for the hel...