ATTN: Ed Crowley (RE:Services won't stop! HELP!)

Here's the exact text of the batch file to stop the services for an offline
backup..  It used to work perfectly up to about the last month or so.  I've
tried changing the order of the services being stopped, but i can't seem to
find the "sweet spot".  None of the services are set to restart
automatically.

c:\windows\system32\net stop ntrtscan /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop OfcPfwSvc /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop tmlisten /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop w3svc /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop SMTPSVC /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop HTTPFilter /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop RESvc /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop IISADMIN /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeMGMT /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeMTA /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeIS /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeSA /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop WinMgmt /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop VxSvc /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop mr2kserv /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop wuauserv /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop CcmExec /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop Wuser32 /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_SystemWatcher /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_RemoteConfig /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_Master /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop NimbusWatcherService /Y
c:\windows\system32\net stop Netlogon /Y
EXIT

Post the exact command line.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>I do offline backups of all our remote Exchange 2003 servers.  A batch file
>is run with a series of "net stop" commands the shuts down all the Exchange
>services, and then kicks off the backup.  I just noticed that the batch
>file is no longer able to stop most of the services!  When i run it
>manually, it just says "The xyz service is
>stopping........................"  The "....." just keep going and going
>and the service never stops.
>
> What could cause this??

0
jim3476 (230)

Which service doesn't stop?
--

> Here's the exact text of the batch file to stop the services for an
> offline backup..  It used to work perfectly up to about the last month or
> so.  I've tried changing the order of the services being stopped, but i
> can't seem to find the "sweet spot".  None of the services are set to
> restart automatically.
>
> c:\windows\system32\net stop ntrtscan /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop OfcPfwSvc /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop tmlisten /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop w3svc /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop SMTPSVC /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop HTTPFilter /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop RESvc /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop IISADMIN /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeMGMT /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeMTA /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeIS /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop MSExchangeSA /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop WinMgmt /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop VxSvc /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop mr2kserv /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop wuauserv /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop CcmExec /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop Wuser32 /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_SystemWatcher /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_RemoteConfig /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop ScanMail_Master /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop NimbusWatcherService /Y
> c:\windows\system32\net stop Netlogon /Y
> EXIT
>

> Post the exact command line.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
>>I do offline backups of all our remote Exchange 2003 servers.  A batch
>>file
>>is run with a series of "net stop" commands the shuts down all the
>>Exchange
>>services, and then kicks off the backup.  I just noticed that the batch
>>file is no longer able to stop most of the services!  When i run it
>>manually, it just says "The xyz service is
>>stopping........................"  The "....." just keep going and going
>>and the service never stops.
>>
>> What could cause this??

0
curspice6401 (3487)
3/11/2006 12:49:11 AM
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:49:11 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Which service doesn't stop?

All of them!
0
adavid (8731)
3/11/2006 2:31:28 AM
The Exchange services.  MTA, Routing Engine, etc..  It just tries
indefinitely .....................

Any thoughts?

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:49:11 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
> <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>Which service doesn't stop?
>

> All of them!

0
no (445)

I'm a New user Asking for help!
how do i mutiply more than one column each time. Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "09lawrencej@gaggle.net" <09lawrencej@gaggle.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8503AC40-616A-493B-BAA3-6B9D4BB27512@microsoft.com... > how do i mutiply more than one column each time. What do you really mean? Do you want to multiply several columns wit the same number? 09lawrencej@gaggle.net Wrote: > how do i mutiply more than one column each time -- BenjieLo -----------...

Re: Get gray screen when try to insert clipart in Office 2008
When I try to insert clip art using Office 2008, I get a gray screen for the Clip Gallery. Does anyone know why and what I can do about this? I need access to the clip art. Thank you! Deb Can't tell too awfully much without knowing specifics of OS X & Office versions as well as in which program(s) this occurs, but in general... Make sure OS X & Office are update to the current levels, run disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions & restart your Mac. If that doesn't resolve it post back with complete descriptive details. Also, what happens if you use the ClipArt mode of ...

help with datedif function please
I have names and dates in columns , every time the name changes I need the difference from that date untill to day's date. With the same name I need the difference between the dates eg: A b c 1 vit 05/12/2009 datedif untill TODAY() 2 vit 20/11/2009 datedif between A1-A2 3 vit 04/07/2009 " " A2-A3 4 vit 24/06/2009 " " A3-A4 5 vit 15/06/2009 " " A4-A5 6 tom 21/11/2009 d...

Lost all my Outlook data after a certain date....HELP!
Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time! I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email, contacts, calendar, etc. All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been retained. Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down performance. I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there somewhere? I have tried to export the PST file to different formats, such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail. I thi...

A little help with a LNK2019 error?
Recently turned UNICODE on in my project. Builds fine in debug mode. Release gives me only this error on build. " .... error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReport referenced in function "public: unsigned short & __thiscall ATL::CSimpleArray<unsigned short,class ATL::CSimpleArrayEqualHelper<unsigned short> >::operator[](int)" (??A?$CSimpleArray@GV?$CSimpleArrayEqualHelper@G@ATL@@@ATL@@QAEAAGH@Z) I can't quite comprehend it. The help system has this.. LNK2019.. In Visual C++ .NET 2003, this error will be generated when /clr is used...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

Need help setting up a leave copy on server
I have an exchange server. I'm trying to setup an option where I can leave a copy on server, so that the client can recieve the same E-mail on the website and on his computer at work. How can I configure that option on outlook meanwhile having an exchange server? Don't use a .pst file and the mail will remain in the exchange mailbox. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ...

Newsletter Email Forwarding problem (re-visited)
Pub 2003. I developed a newsletter to be sent via email as a message. (in the body of the email, not an attachment) Looks great in my company Outlook inbox, but when i forwarded it to a co-worker there is a split in the newsletter. like two images were split up. what is wrong? any advice on this? Emails from Publisher are kind of quirky at best when they are longer than a sheet of paper. Especially when you have graphics. Unless your email message will fit on a single page, use a .pdf attachment instead. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tony" <tony@discus...

help importing cell
Hi can someone help me with the formula for importing the value of cell from one worksheet to another. For example the value of cell a1 from worksheet x to current sheet I believe the formula starts with ~ thanks in advance: -- eliosta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eliostar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3251 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52304 Hi You can use something like this: =sheet1!A1 in the cell to show what is in that cell on your current sheet. Andy. ...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #5
Howdy, I had a primary domain controller with exchange server 2003. Everything was running fine. I got a new server and promoted it as a secondary domain controller (no exchange). This morning the OWA when logging in would give the error: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Employees using outlook get the message the exchange server cannot be found. KB282230 told me to remove the davex.dll file from the virtual directory's wildcard application maps. So I did, restarted IIS, and now I get a page cannot be displayed after putting in my login name and password (in OWA). Event Viewer E...

Help me impress my boss PLEASE
Heres the thing: We have 3 people and our boss. The boss needs to be able to send a task out that re-accures every month, we the people need to have one of us accept the task, and modify the status to show that it is in progress. Everyone else must see that this has been done by using a popup. Can I have a pop up window show that someone has accepted the task? And if no one accepts it and the task sits for 1 day, can I have a popup window appear saying "MUST BE DONE!!!" I'm a little confused can someone recomend a really good web page? To sum up: 1. Pop Windows are th...

need little help with MSXML

New to accounting software, help please.
I currently don't use any accounting software but need to start using it. I live in the UK but can't seem to find any software versions post 2005, does anybody know if there are any plans to introduce money 2007 in the UK? If not, would I be able to download the US version and work adequately in the UK? Many thanks Sean. M2005 is the latest UK version. There are no plans to introduce the US versions. US versions are heavily customised for the US and apart from the obvious such as mis-spelling of cheque ;-) unless you plan to keep usage very simple you may find the US versio...

VLOOKUP HELP 03-02-10
I need VLOOKUP to search across worksheets where the names are not the same (example) Worksheet1 (A): Doe, John; Worksheet2 (A): DoeJ; Worksheet3 (A) DoeJK. Can I have VLOOKUP find each name across worksheet 2 and 3? Here's what I have: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$206,1,FALSE)),"no","yes"). Thanks for any help. =vlookup() expects the table to be on a single sheet--not three different tables on 3 different sheets. But if you're just trying to determine what sheet that name is located on, you could use three formulas like: =isnumber(match(a2,...

outlook stops a goes in background
during the last weeks i experienced a strange issue on my Outlook 2003 SP3, meanwhile i'm reading or writing a message the outlook wind becomes not higlighted (it become grey) and i can't continue to write if i don't activate the windows clicking on. This appens every 10-15 seconds. I tried with other softwares, but no probles was experienced. if i reboot the pc the problem is fixed for 2-3 hours. thanks for any suggestion. You should check for Add Ins and COMs to see if there are any recently added that conflict with Outlook's performance. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlo...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working?
AutoArchive / Permanently Delete stopped working? We are using Outlook 2003 SP1, and we've noticed that the AutoArchive (set to permanently delete after 1 month) stopped working on most of our Outlook clients. We've had Exchange since version 5.0 with Outlook 97 and are currently running Exchange 2003 SP1. We've configured the Outlook clients under the Tools Menu, Options, Other Tab, AutoArchive Button: to only have the top checkbox checked, "Run AutoArchive every 7 days" (everything else is unchecked). Then, everyone has configured Deleted Items, Junk E-mail, and...

Grouping query help
I know I can do this using a sub query but I'm trying not to Basically I got three feilds of data. One of the feilds is a dat feild and I'm trying to group the data on the most recent date. For example: In the data below, I would like the query to display for each category, the actual rate on the most recent date (for that particular category). Category Date Rate CIT 4/1/2004 4 CIT 7/1/2004 4.25 CIT 8/9/2005 6.5 L30 11/10/2006 5.32 LAS 5/24/2004 4 LAS 7/1/2004 4.25 LAS 2/2/2005 5.5 LAS 3/22/2005 5.75 STD 5/24/2004 4 STD 7/1/2004 4.25 STD 9/21/2004 4.75...

How do you stop run-away scrolling in Word?
When I start to scroll through a document in Word or PDF, something takes over and scrolling will not stop until 1) the end of the document or 2) I hit "abort" (Control, alt, delete) and get out of the document. What can I do to get control over this scrolling? Really frustrating! I doubt that it is a Word problem. How are you trying to scroll and what are you using: mouse, mouse wheel, touchpad? Have you changed the mouse settings through the Control Panel, MOUSE app? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Pas" <Pas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Can I stop Outlook from deleting emails from server
I can set Outlook Express to leave messages on the server for a set time. Can I do this with Outlook. At present it downloads and deletes. Version of Outlook is? The setting is usually in the Advanced tab for the properties of that account. For Outlook 2007: Tools | Account Settings ...select the account then Change then More Settings then Advanced tab .. "leave a copy of the messages on the server" How you get there varies with the version of outlook. "Gordon D" <Gordon D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FD52C2D-17DC-4D8F-A99E-DC59DDE7F362@...

Office Student Ed. and Panther
I was considering upgrading to Panther (10.3) but I am running the Student Edition of Office. Are they compatible? Hi Trentz, It will work fine. Be sure to install the updates from this URL http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx Then run Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions. After that, everything should be superb. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In a...

Help! Money 2005 doesn't work after update!
installed 2005 premium two weeks ago and set up all my bank info. I got notice for update every time but I canceled it. But later, since my bank info was set, I updated it. Then the trouble came. I can not log in anymore. EVery time after I input the passport, it gave error as "an unexpected error has occurred. please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's online service customer support." I tried to uninstall and reinstall. The same problem. so I can not use it any more. Help! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx and ...

Newbie Help: customising forms
I'm new to CRM and setting up a test deployment in our office. I need some help please and can't find anything in the manuals to assist me. (It's probably there but I can't find it!). When an account is created, the OWNER information is automatically updated with the name of the user creating the account. We've added a custom field: LIVE DATE, and I wanted to add a further field APPROVED BY: The APPROVED BY field would have a user name of the person who passed this account to go live. Ideally, I'd like another form (we currently use an Excel based Checklist which I...

Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?
Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem Bob _________ Thanks Jon, Some consolotion, but no solution... :-) I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago) Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one). This is bizarre! Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu? i.e. something like: Application.Commandbar...

Help setting up Charts
I have a spreadsheet with the following Column F, building name Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been trained. If not there is a 0. I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column. Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are 91 members of s...