Attachments don't open when opening them in OWA 2003 Public Folder

Hello,

Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or
administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders
through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error
403 - Forbidden

Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it?

Thanks.
0
Sharapov (9)

Could this be the problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555001/en-us

Nue
"Sharapov" <Sharapov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or
> administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders
> through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error
> 403 - Forbidden
>
> Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/23/2006 10:08:19 PM
Nuevo,

Users are able to accsess attachments in their e-mails using OWA, but they
can't access attachments inside Public Folders.

Thanks.
Sharapov

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Could this be the problem?

> Nue
> "Sharapov" <Sharapov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or
> > administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders
> > through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error
> > 403 - Forbidden
> >
> > Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Sharapov (9)
1/23/2006 10:31:03 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us

"Sharapov" <Sharapov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or
> administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders
> through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error
> 403 - Forbidden
>
> Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/23/2006 10:36:32 PM
John,

Thank you for your post. It is exactly what I needed!!!

Thanks.

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> "Sharapov" <Sharapov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or
> > administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders
> > through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error
> > 403 - Forbidden
> >
> > Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Sharapov (9)

exch 5.5 to exch 2003
I have an Exch 5.5 server on an NT4 domain. I also have an AD domain, no current exchange servers, with a trust relationship with the NT domain. I have now purchased new server hardware and Exchange Server 2003. My question is, is there a way to set up the exch 2003 server as a new installation, no co-existance with 5.5, and then migrate the 5.5 mailboxes over to it? Or do I have to do the coexistance thing? Thank you. Hi, It is possible to extract the user mailboxes with exmerge and then import these to a new system. Leif "John Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote i...

Automatically open jpeg attachment pictures in emails
When I receive my email sometimes the pictures won't open automatically. I then have to manually open the attached picture. Is there a way to have these pics open automatically? Thanks for the help Doug No. If they are embedded in HTML they will display in the message body but if they are sent as attachments, you need to open them. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dai...

e-mail already exists in this organization
Using Exchange 2003. We had a mail-enabled public folder which a user deleted. From Outlook I was able to restore the folder (highlighted the parent folder and selected Tools>Recover deleted items). When the folder was restored, it was no longer mail enabled. I re-mail-enabled the folder and tryed to assign original SMTP address. I received an error message saying the "email address already exists in this organization". It appears that the address is associated with the original Public Folder object that no longer is accessible. How can I get rid of this "orphan...

Duplicate entries in Outlook 2003
For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a clean-up? Thanks. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:ORPCULy3HHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > For some reason all my calendar entries in Outlook seem to either > duplicated or are showing twice. Is there an easy way I can run a > clean-up? If a set of duplicates was created by a single action (like, for instance, syncing with a PDA) then the LastModificationTime values for the duplicates should all b...

Error message on opening??
Recently when I open a certain spreadsheet this error message is coming up: "myfile.xls is already open. Reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen myfile.xls" Any ideas why this is happening and how I can stop it? Thanks JDT Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...

Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or 2003 ?
I am currently running Exchange 5.5 with 300 mailboxes. The size of the priv.edb is 25gb and pub.edb is 5gb. I am currently running a mixed mode environment (NT 4.0 and 2000). The remaining 4.0 servers consist of the the following servers e-mail, fax server, file server, blacberry server, ftp server. I have heard the migration to Exchange 2003 is easier than Exchange 2000. My only concern is how AD on Windows 2003 interacts with 2000 AD because our customer facing servers are running Windows 2000 mostly running IIS and applications. Thank-you Kevin Emore ...

setting up as default to show inbox when Outlook first opens
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Office 2007, Outlook 2007 I searched all over in Outlook but could not find the solution. Can someone inform me how to setup Outlook so when it first opens, it will show page of my inbox folder? sn tools, options, other, advanced. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE...

Outlook 2003 Add-In buttons stop working after remote desktop connection
All current XP and Office patches installed (not XP SP2 yet). I'm not certain of exactly how to reproduce this because it is kind of random. I have a custom addin and after accessing outlook through a remote desktop connection the addin button stops working sometimes (keeps working at other times). At first I was thinking it was something with my addin, but I noticed that the same thing happens with Import New Assignments from the Project addin for outlook. When you click on the addin button on the toolbar nothing happens - it doesn't cause an error or anything, it's just like ...

Excel XP on WinXP file open err
Howdy! I have a profile issue I am trying to resolve in XP. The user lost their ability to double click a .xls file to open. Excel still launches, but no file opens. You have to go through the file-open process. ..xls still shows as an "excel" icon, but they just don't open. I don't have a lot of xp-erience with XP os, so I don't know what to look for. This is the only profile (of 5 local) with the problem. Any ideas? --Chris Sometimes one of these works: Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regse...

OWA over HTTPS.
I am following all steps to make OWA over HTTPS. I am following all steps in http://www.shijaz.com/exchange/SSL_OWA.htm basically creating the CA, issuing a certificate, etc, etc. Finally when i do HTTPS://myserver/exchange I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" Basically the log file of IIS is showing nothing port 443. I think that somewhat port 443 is not arriving to IIS. How can I check? Evan ok, 443 is not working but if i change port to 8443 and i enter http://myserver:8443/exchange it works why? Evan "Evan Camilleri" <evan@holisticr...

? in the body of OWA mail
We have an odd thing going on that I can not figure out. When users create e-mail using Outlook Web Access and send the message we see a ? mark in the first line of the e-mail message. The user did not put it there and they did not see it before they sent the message. However it is there when we read it. Suggestions on what to do or even how to start troubleshooting this odd issue? NC Beach Bum ...

SSL in OWA which coexist with sendmail
there is a sendmail to receive email. Then use pop 3 download to retrieve emails from several accounts to Exchange. If there is a need to use webmail of sendmail and use OWA in internet for different issues, how can I set it in ISA with SSL in OWA? How to deal with the DNS issue? As the certificate for SSL use the same domain name of that of sendmail as the 'common name', how can I edit the HOSTS file? ...

make a public calendar a resource
Currently we are using public calendars for a reservation system. We have found that Exchange will allow us to create calendars as a resource for scheduling a room more efficiently. Is there anyway to make the public calendar a resource calendar? If so, need help. I see that our public calendar does hold an email address, but the steps I have I cannot log into the computer to setup outlook with this address for the scheduling. On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:12:00 -0800, Sarah <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we are using public calendars for a reservation system. ...

Can't open files

Public calendar
I'm working in a office that makes use of public folders in Outlook. I created a public calendar that needs to be viewed by 'events' and to have custom fields. I can set it up on my computer, no problem, but it should be the case that when any user opens the calendar up - voila! they see it the way I've formatted it. First I want them to see it in 'events' view (View -> Arrange By -> Current View -> Events), second I want it to have custom fields that I create. This can be done, can't it?!?! Joshua Powell To force users to see a custom view when th...

email folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop hay guys so i have added all my email clients but for some reason the only folder open is hotmail i can't access my other email clients do you know how i can bring them up again on the left hand side On 1/8/10 3:23 PM, in article 59bb0605.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "ricky_car@officeformac.com" <ricky_car@officeformac.com> wrote: > ay guys so i have added all my email clients but for some reason the only > folder open is hotmail i can't access my other emai...

Public Calendar Entries disappearing
We've had several instances where entries on a public calendar disappear. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? ...

Outlook 2003 #146
I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just migrated from exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. I want my users to work in cached mode so they can use the junk email filters build into outlook, but the option to select cached mode is greyed out. Any ideas why this would be, and how to fix it? Thanks On 13 Apr 2004 15:38, "James" <Homer@jamco> wrote: >I have outlook 2003 connecting to an exchange 2003 server. >My users connect via terminal services (windows 2000) I've just >migrated ...

Can I transfer files back & forth from excel 2000 to excel 2003?
yes "pheller" <pheller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C05007A-2A83-4902-8F15-EACC02435DEC@microsoft.com... > ...

error " cant open attechet html file in outlook 2007
hi, when i am receiving an attached email i am getting an error that say " cant open the file right click on the mouse and check permission on the file". i have check the same file in anther computer and it can open it. it only happen in html file. -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור ...

Cannot login into OWA 2003 Sp2. After 3 time login I get access denied. Insufficient permissions.
I installed at several customers of mine a SBS 2003 server with exchange for OWA solutions and several common Exchangeservers 2003 (SP2) at other customers. I also installed at my home address a Exchange Server (2003 SP2) on a Win2K3 Machine. When I try to access from my home address (Default ADSL) to one of my customers, I get no errors. When I try to access from one of my bigger customers (with ISA server), I can get OWA from my home address, but not from my other customers. The same error comes up insufficient permissions. Have to logon 3 times and cannot connect. The left window pane with...

Protecting sheet disables import of extetrnal data in Excel 2003
I need to protect the sheet and not disable ability to import of external data in excel 2003? Even when I open a sheet that worked while being protected in previous Excel versions, once I protect it in Excel 2003 the auto update feature for returning external data is disabled. ...

outlook 2003 #226
For some reason when I send an email it seems to sit in my outbox and wont send until i either click on the outbox,inbox, calendar, in fact doesn't seem to do anything until I select something else. Anyone help ...

Delay sending function OL 2003/Ex 2003
I am trying to track down exactly what the process is when a sender sets a 'do not deliver before' time when sending a message using outlook 2003 in an exchange 2003 environment. Obviously when the 'Send' button is initially pressed, the e-mail goes into the senders outbox and is eventually sent when the specified time is reached and the intended recipient inthe same organisation then receives the message. Is there any way of checking the received message or the original sent message to see if a 'do not deliver before' was set in exchange ? I have this query because ...