attachment/email size limits

This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there.

In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple
clients, (and or sites).

Do you limit email size or attachment sizes?

And if so, what is your limit set to?

(I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to
the size of individual emails).

Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received.
Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a
regular basis do have limits.   Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range.

0
jjf_71 (5)

40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/4/2004 6:04:12 PM
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:04:12 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"
<kpalagin@pleaseno.mail.phxint.ru> wrote:

>40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing.

Wow.

Do you experience any problems with communicating with outside
services that will not allow such large files to go thru?
0
jjf_71 (5)
6/4/2004 9:02:39 PM
Well, if they not allow message is NDRed.

Jayjay wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:04:12 +0400, "Kirill S. Palagin"
> <kpalagin@pleaseno.mail.phxint.ru> wrote:
>

>>40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing.
>>

> Wow.
>
> Do you experience any problems with communicating with outside
> services that will not allow such large files to go thru?

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/5/2004 11:36:21 AM
I never used to set any restriction for outgoing and
incoming email sizes.  I figured since mostly every other
company does... I said to myself "why have everybody
point the finger at me".  :-)  We just did a 2003 server
migration and I set it at 100MB both ways, which is kinda
moot.

Besides... we have a generous connection to the internet
(9MB fractional T3) that is never over 30% utilized.  So
its not like I have any latency issues or anything.

I actually had a user try to email a 100MB attachment on
Thursday!
0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 won't receive email
When I try to send mail in Outlook 2003, I get a dialog box saying "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I want to make Outlook 2003 the default emailer but can't receive email! -- davidx Have you tried closing Outlook and deleting the <profile_name>.SRS file? (This is going to delete all Send/Receive settings. You will have to reconfigure any special settings you had.) Another option might be to create a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel. (Don't copy the existing profile. Make a new one and switch to it to see if ...

Outlook 2003 message store limits?
Getting message store has exceeded limits within Outlook 2003. The information store is still getting email, as checking it with webmail or Outlook 2000 works just fine. Does anyone know where or how to change the defaults message store on the Outlook 2003 client As far as i'm aware - there's no client-side settings of this type in Outlook. Are you running on an Exchange server? There are message store limits within Exchange. But you say you have no problem with Outlook 2000 or webmail, implying you just use Outlook as a Internet Mail client? Bobby >-----Origina...

Email address book security
Thanks for reading this postig. I'm running Outlook 2003 and have recently experienced a new prompt popping when I compose a new email. The prompt says - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus etc..... Allow access for xx minutes It seemed to conicide with loading the latest release of Adobe Acrobat 6. I've disabled all the Adobe tool bars etc in Outlook in attempt to stop this. Does anyone else experience this? I would to completely turn this off. Is there a reg key that will...

Outlook 2002 auto inserting email address
When I use Outlook 2002 to attach a document, spreadsheet or presentation to an email message, Outlook sticks four items in the document's File | Properties | Custom dialog box. They're called: _AdHocReviewCycleID _AuthorEmail _AuthorEmailDisplayName _EmailSubject I see this as an invasion of my privacy. how can I stop Outlook and all other office XP products from doing this? You can control the "Automatic Review" option off in Outlook by going to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options/Advanced Email Options and turning off "Add properties to attachments to enabl...

email with attachement stick in outbox
Since a few days when I send a e-mail with an attachment, I get an error (generally timeout on contacting the smtp serve), the email is sent but it stays in the outbox. I am using W2Kpro sp3, outlook XP. Emails with small attachments (less than 50K) or no attachments work fine. Can anyone help solving this problem? Thanks in advance Have you contacted your ISP? toto wrote: > Since a few days when I send a e-mail with an attachment, I get an > error (generally timeout on contacting the smtp serve), the email is > sent but it stays in the outbox. > > I am using W2Kpro sp3,...

How do I join 2 fields to limit criteria?
I am trying to set a criteria with an OR clause in between 2 fields. Let's call the 2 fields Field1 and Field2. I'm trying to do this example: Only show the records that have this criteria: Field1 = A, and Field2 = B,C,D,E,F,G These 2 fields contain the same type of data, and we need to limit the criteria together between the 2 fields?? Any ideas on how to do this when using excel to build a query in Microsoft query? Christen You could use an advanced filter. Assuming field1 and field2 refer to columns A and B, type this into an open cell (say M22) outside the data table: ...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Email Message Integrity
Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I find out if the original email has not been compromised? Ask the original author? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05182F64-41DB-43DA-997A-ADD743ECEFF7@microsoft.com... : Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I : find out if the original email has not been compromised? you would have to compare it with the original. Wayne wrote: > Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I > f...

Outlook 2000 How to forward emails
I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my address book. Is there a way to entering this filter? Paul On 13 Apr 2004 19:04, "Paul S" <ps@noreply.hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM >emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a >filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my >address book. Is there a wa...

Pasting an Outlook '07 email message item/object in a Word '07 doc
Is there a way to paste an Outlook '07 email message item/object into a Word '07 document? If in Outlook, you use File>Save to save the message as an Outlook message, you can then select and copy that .msg file and paste it into a Word document. Then in the Word document, if you double click on the message, it will open as an Outlook message. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

OWA-Outlook-Open Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! Since you can use OWA normally when you go to a cafe, I would uninst...

Email with gif backround not received
Hello, I posted earlier about some emails not being received. I've narrowed this down now to those with a background gif file such as ivy.gif. When sent without the .gif file the email arrives. Add the .gif file and it doesn't. I can't see anything here that has changed or says block emails with gif backgrounds. Any ideas anybody?? See ya, Phiz Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

print layaway receipt on second printer (letter size)
Hi again, I was wondering if there is a possibility to print a layaway receipt automatically on a second defined printed (with a letter size receipt), thus without having to confirm (or deny) printing to a second printer (the option which is set in POS Manager, Register Properties, Receipt Printer, option button: "print receipt only after asking the cassier) pampers, In the registers properties you can setup receipt printer 1 and receipt printer 2. Setup Receipt Printer 1 as your receipt printer and then Receipt Printer 2 can be your full page printer. You can tell it to print one...

File size limits and workarounds?
Hi All, I've run into the 2 gig file size limit on Outlook 2000 a couple times now. Is there a way to clean the files so I can avoid this in the future? The way I fixed things is that I deleted stuff, then made a new pst file and copied all the folders over to the new file. I went from just over 2gig to 1.3 gigs. I've done this once before I think, so I know I'll hit it again. Just wondering how to avoid all this. Thanks, me Maybe use the Archive options? But remember an archive has the same size limitation, so at some point you would need to create a new Archive fil...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

Why is there an attachment (editdata.mso) to emails I send out?
All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is Windows Vista. Gloria <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment > (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook > 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is > Windows Vista. It sounds like Word's "Normal" template has been modified. With Wor...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

Can I move an old user's email to a public folder?
I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our business. Is this possible? Thank you in advance. Frank On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700, Zach <zach@news.postalias> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to >a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is >disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our >bu...

Test Email Flow
I want to b setup a way to test to see if mail is flowing. I am wondering if i could set it up so an email can be sent out of my network and a reply comes back in. I would like to setup this up to happen every 30 minutes so we can ensure that mail is flowing at all times. Please help. Thanks in advance mikee wrote: > I want to b setup a way to test to see if mail is flowing. I am wondering if > i could set it up so an email can be sent out of my network and a reply comes > back in. I would like to setup this up to happen every 30 minutes so we can > ensure that mail is flow...

Attached images
Sorry for reposting this one, but I think it might have gone unnoticed: Hi, Using Outlook 2003, there is the new resampling option for attached images. I really applaud that innovation, saves time and space when sending images that comes straight from the camera. Really good. However, I miss a 800x600 pixels option. Is it possible to have that one? 640x480 is almost too small these days and 800x600 could be just right for a small sample. I have not found any settings for this function, neither size nor compression. Are those settings just hard-coded? Regards, -- Lars Forslin "Doing ti...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

Duplicate email to distribution list
Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double recipients! What Can I do? Outolook is 2003 and it is connected to Exchange 2003 server. Thx! simone.spasiano@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, I have created a distribution list with 82 contacts. When I > send mail to this DL some recipients receive more than one mail, 2 or > 3 copies of same mail. I'm sure that in DL there isn't double > recipients! What Can I do? Outolook ...

making entourage the default email program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have a new Mac Pro. I have the Apple Mail program as well as Entourage. I am using Entourage as my email program and it seems to be working fine ( sending and receiving emails ok). I have not bothered to set up Mail as i don't need it for the time being. However, when I go to a web page and click an email link, Mail opens up and asks me to set it up. I want Entourage to open up so I can send an email. I went to Entourage>accounts>mail but it won't let me set my Entourage email ...

exporting email contacts
Hi, Is it possible to export contact emails and names to a .CSV file ? Appreciate feedback. ...

I wish my distributions names to be anonymous when sending emails
I would like my Distribution list to be only showing as the List name in the email and not expanding so others can see who else had received my email. Is this at all possible? You'll need to put them in the BCC field. If you want something to show in the To field, make a contact named 'list name' and use your address for its email address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...