At my wits end OWA and Public Folders

I have exchange 2k3. OWA works in both basic and premium. When I try to view
the public folders in premium mode it sits or hangs at "updating view". If I
go in through basic then I can view hte public fodlers immediately and see
the calendars. When i try to post a new appointment it gives me an error 61
in IE saying object expected. I have checked all teh permissions...and
updated IE as best I can...any suggestions?

Thanks

Front-end servers and DMZ
Pardon the double post, but I was hoping someone would help me on this forum. ====================== I have a setup Exch 2K3 as a front-end server that I'd like to handle OWA and Internet based SMTP traffic for my users. This server will be placed in our company's DMZ. My questions are: a) Are there any ports other that SMTP, DNS, and HTTP that need to be allowed to travel from the DMZ to the internal network for the front-end server to be able to handle OWA and SMTP? b) Does this server have to be a member server of our AD domain and does the Exchange server have to be a membe...

In Excel 2007, the open file window does not display the folders p
When I'm in excel 2007 and I want to open a new file, the folders pane is gone. I used to have it and I even added folders that I used most frequently but now it's gone. I know the IT deparment did an upgrade but others still have it and I'm the only one that got affected. Please help, now I have to navigate to get the the files that I need. ...

OWA and Multiple Domains #2
We just setup a spin off company as another tree in our AD forrest. Users can get into our Exchange servers from their desktop via Outlook but not via OWA. When you go either directly through the Exch server or via our front-end it fails. I am assuming it has something to do with Exch/OWA not knowing how to auth to this new domain. Thanks Again!! In IE 6&7 we need to prepend our username with our domain\. domain\username password Have you tried that? "jwilmer" <jwilmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520F2FCA-6D3C-4FEB-B6B4-9337E1BF785D@micro...

Multiple archive folder
I find in my folder list more instances of "Archive folder". Trying to remove with "Close Active Folders" command i get the following error "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Has anyone some ideas !!! In my outlook profile I have only one Archive Folder ! By Antonio ...

two personal file folders on OL2003 ?
I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003) and have a problem. In 2003 I have two personal file folders...it appears one is for 97-2002 OL version and the other for 2003 ? I have only one pst file on the laptop. Also...both folders seem to be identical ? However...the little icon is different Where did the 2003 folder setup come from...and can I delete one or the other. When I have tried...it says you cannot delete the main mail folder ? Thanks, Tim TimR, you wrote on Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:45:10 -0700: > I migrated from my desktop (OL2000) to a new laptop (OL2003)...

Exchange 5.5 and Public Contact Folder
We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an item in there? thanks if you change the view on the folder and add the "from" field, you should be able to see... "Steve" <sschmeg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OVaz%23mnxEHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > We have a public folder that contains contact items. We'd like to know who > creates each contact in the folder. Is there anyway to see who created an > item in there? > > thanks > >...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Excel 2007 Macro: Open a file from any folder
Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet from any folder of your choice? Thanks in advance. Same as always: Dim myName As String myName = Application.GetOpenFilename If myName = False Then MsgBox "You pressed cancel" Exit Sub End If Workbooks.Open myName HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:eS8FI0UeIHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. How do you code a macro so that you can pop up a file dialog screen to open a worksheet > from any folder of y...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Cannot see receipients in global list while using OWA
I have exchange 2003 with outlook 2003 as client. Whenever I use OWA and try to create new email and click on TO to select receiver's name from the global list, I get a differnent screen which as me to enter name to search. I want to display names so I can select from the list. Here is the screen that I get each time I click on TO. I should be seeing everyone's name so I can select. If I connect locally, I do get the list and there is no problem. This happens only with OWA. Thanks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OWA d...

OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server
I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5 against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried modifying the org, site, and server entries under the MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...". Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt. If I ...

MSExchange IS Public Queue rising
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 (all latest patches and SP). The server has been running for over a year but in the past month I have noticed the Public Send Queue at times increase because I monitor that queue. My understand is that this queue is used for public folder replication. Is there a way to troubleshoot this and determine what is causing the queue to increase? Can I determine what folder information is being replicated? Are there any settings I can check? The queue increasing appears to happen ever few days, both in the PM and AM. It's not causing any...

Defaul size for logo2.gif in OWA
Can someone tell me what the default size is? I am trying to customize my OWA page with the company branding and I have replaced all the logo's before I made sure they are the same size. Thanks in advance! Er - the size of the gif file shouldn't matter. If the one you put in is larger, it would simply increase the traffic for OWA (though not by much). Anyways, since you asked, the size of this file on my server is 4KB. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mike" <Mike@dis...

Unremovable Duplicate Personal & Archive Folders
I have two Archive Folders and two Personal Folders showing in the folders list of Outlook 2001. I have uninstalled Office Outlook twice, gone to RegEdit to remove any stray Outlook registries and reinstalled Office Outlook. I still have duplicate folders along with all my original folders. I have tried the procedures recommended in MS FAQ but a message comes up sasying I cannot "Close the folders" because an "OBJECT" cannot be found. I have also tried renaming the folders but am not allowed to do so. I have backed up all folders in a .pst file so all I want to do ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder Problem #2
All - I have 2 Ex2003 servers, (hqmail & njmail) both hosting public and private store. Both servers are in the same administrative group and in the same routing group. When a user creates a new public folder from a client or from OWA, the public folder is always created on the same server, njmail. When the user uses OWA to browse the public folders, they are redirected to the njmail public no matter where their mailbox resides. Also, the users on hmail and using OL, they experience a delay when trying to view the public folder because they are getting the data from another serve...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

RPC over HTTP required for OWA?????
Hello, I have a server 2000 box running Exchange 2003. I have configured it as my front end server. When I try to configure the server as an RPC front end I receive an error message saying that this can not be done on a server 2000 box. Is RPC over HTTP required for OWA?? Thanks TKE402 Hello, RPC over HTTP is not required for OWA, it is required if you want to have Outlook clients connect using RPC over HTTP. When you configure your server as an RPC front end server, that server will receive the HTTP request from the client, and will forward it to the necessary back end server usin...

Pull report from start and end date
Hello, On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do I pull a report using the start date and end date when they are two different fields? I am use to the beginning and end date being from one field not two so I am totally lost. If this can be accomplished, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Stockwell43 wrote: >On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the >start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do ...

Folder delete problem
I hope this is enough information. I have a folder that I delete periodically and replace with a folder from another computer on my home network. The problem is a message that I get when I attempt to delete the folder - "You need permission to perform this action." Permissions all show full control. I'm attempting to delete it with an administrator account and I've attempted to run MS Explorer as administrator and still can't delete the folder. What is odd to me is I can delete the folder if I log off and log back in again as the same user. Is there an...

Darft folder + Preview Pane
Is there a way to activate the Preview Pane in the Draft Folder of Outlook? Mike wrote: > Is there a way to activate the Preview Pane in the Draft Folder of Outlook? I don't think so unless someone knows a way to do this. However, you can turn on View -> AutoPreview to see a snippet of the mail. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias....

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

Why is there nothing in my sent folder in outlook 2007 ?
When I send email in Outlook 2007, nothing shows up in my sent folder? I am using Microsoft Exchange server and noone else has this problem. TobiMac wrote: > When I send email in Outlook 2007, nothing shows up in my sent folder? I am > using Microsoft Exchange server and noone else has this problem. Well, the first question I'd ask is if you've talked to your Exchange administrator about the problem. Since they can usually sit at your machine and point out obvious problems, it's a good first stop. After that, I'd be checking to make sure you only have E...

OWA with multiple domains access
Hello ALL: What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains access for FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It is not working....please help! I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE using: Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server .. using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services .. select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain .. wide open Access Control and Execute permissions (wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the following on both FE/BE. .. wide...