are scripts allowed in exchange 2003?

I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that
I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these
scripts.  How do I keep using my scripts from exchange
5.5 in exchange 2003?
0
anonymous (74722)

Can you give us a bit more information regarding your scripts?  Are they VBS
accessing WMI information, batch files utilizing resource kit (reskit)
utilities, etc.
Scripting works with Exchange 2003 and Active Directory...I tinker with
VBScripts.  I have also used batch scripts to manage Exchange 2000 with the
reskit utils.

Bob
"gigi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that
> I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these
> scripts.  How do I keep using my scripts from exchange
> 5.5 in exchange 2003?

0
BobChristian (293)
8/30/2004 6:51:38 AM
In Exchange 5.5, the scripts that I used were created
under the "Agent" tab when you click on a folder's
properties.  I have different scripts, some located in
the properties of a mailbox folder and some in the public
folder properties.  They are called exchange server event
scripts, and they are VBScript.  They do such tasks as
moving old email to a different folder.  In Exchange 2003
there is no longer an "Agent" tab, so where do I store
the scripts?

Some of the scripts also need folder IDs so they know
which folderw to move items to.  Do you know how to
obtain folder IDs?  The person who wrote the code for
exchange 5.5 knew how to obtain the folder IDs, but now
with 2003 her program to determine folder IDs no longer
works, and we can't find her code.

Thank you.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/30/2004 5:54:01 PM
Also, here is the code for one of the scripts stored
under the "Agent" tab of a public folder's properties in
exchange 5.5:

<SCRIPT RunAt=Server Language=VBScript>

'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
'FILE DESCRIPTION: Exchange Server Event Script
'
' This Script, intending to clean up messages from the
root(##) of the public
' folders to be processed.  At the scheduled time, the
script will be
' executed, examining all its subfolders.  If a
particular folder has
' subfolder ".Email - Previous Week", then the script
will move all the
' messages received more than two days ago to the ".Email-
Previous
' Week" folder and all messages originally in
the ".Email - Previous Week" folder
' will be deleted.
'
' Parameters:
'	RootID - FolderID of the "root" of all the Public
folders to be
'		 processed
'
'!! IMPORTANT NOTE:  one MUST have permissions to ALL
subfolders under
'                    the "root" directory.  Otherwise,
there will be errors
'
'## Note:  The "root" of the public folders need to be
identified by its
'          FolderID.
'^^ Note:  ".Email - Previous Week" folder can be placed
anywhere in the
'          directories except immediately under the
folder where the script
'	   is located
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

Option Explicit

'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
' Global Variables
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
dim g_debug					'Debug
log string
Dim oSession					'Session
Object
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------
' Event Handlers
'---------------------------------------------------------
---------------------

folder expires
Public Sub Folder_OnTimer
	Dim oRootFolder			'Root Folder
	Dim RootID			'Root Folder's ID

'*******************************PARAMETER(S)
************************************
	' Current Selected:  "All Public Folders\hwo new"
	RootId
= "000000001A447390AA6611CD9BC800AA002FC45A0300C0B86B30DBD
611CEB31700AA00574CC60000000000030000"
'*********************************************************
**********************

	' Clear error buffer
	Err.Clear

	' Get Session info
	Set oSession = EventDetails.Session

	' Get the Root Folder
	Set oRootFolder = oSession.GetFolder(RootID, NULL)

	Recur(oRootFolder.Folders)		'Call
Recursive Function

	Script.Response = g_debug	'Write to Log
End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
'Recursive function to find Previous Week folder
' *Takes Folder _Collection_ as a parameter
'---------------------------------------------------------
-------------------
Sub Recur(CFs)
	Dim found
	Dim i
	Dim j
	Dim CF
	Dim PWID
	Dim PWFolder
	Dim CFF
	Dim Tfolder

	found = 0			'Initialization -
not found

	'Check all 1st subfolders of current folder
	For i = 1 to CFs.Count
		Set CF = CFs.Item(i)

		'Check if subfolder has a Previous Week
subfolder
		Set CFF = CF.Folders
		Set Tfolder = CFF.GetFirst
		For j = 1 to CFF.Count
			If ( Tfolder.Name = ".Email -
Previous Week") Then
				found = 1
	'set flag
				PWID = Tfolder.ID
	'Get ".Email - Previous Week" folderID
				Chk CF, PWID
	'process items in the folder
			End if
			Set Tfolder = CFF.GetNext
		Next

		'Case if no Previus Week subfolder found
but has other subfolders
		if (CF.Folders.Count > 0) Then
			Recur(CF.Folders)
	'chk its subfolders for Prev Week folder
		End if
		found = 0
	Next
End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------
------------
'Process items in folder
'---------------------------------------------------------
------------

Sub Chk(CF, CPFid)
	Dim CPF				'Previous Week
folder
	Dim numCPF			'num of mesgs in
CPF
	Dim numItem			'num of mesgs in
current folder
	Dim recvDate			'Received Time of
the mesg
	Dim CItem			'Current Mesg
	Dim x				'Index counter
	Dim ind				'Index counter
	Dim y				'Index counter
	Dim numMoved			'num of mesgs
moved

	'Initialization
	numMoved = 0

	'Get Previous Week Folder
	Set CPF = oSession.GetFolder(CPFid, NULL)

	'Delete Mails in Previous Wk folder
	numCPF = CPF.Messages.Count
	For y = 1 to numCPF
		CPF.Messages.item(1).Delete
	Next

	' Process Mesg in current folder - move mesg to
Previous Week folder if
	' mesg older then two days
	numItem = CF.Messages.Count	'Total num of
mails to be proccess
	ind = 1
	For x = 1 to numItem
		Set CItem = CF.Messages.item(ind)
		recvDate = DateValue(CItem.TimeReceived)
		if recvDate <= (Date - 2) Then
	'Move item if older then two days
			CItem.MoveTo CPFid
			numMoved = numMoved + 1
		Else
			Ind = ind+1
		End if
	Next
	g_debug = g_debug & numMoved & " mesgs Moved
from " & CF.Name & "; "
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Script urgent
Hi Someone have a script to create a list with all users that I have in my exchange server. I need User name, Mailaddress and distribution for each user. Thank you If this is just one server, you can go into your store and export the list. If you have multiple servers and need to automate use the script below. You will need to modify the line to enter your domain controller. In the same line you can add whatever additional attributes you want. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com ''''''''''''''''&...

Script Error 190 Permission Denied - Customization - Account
When trying to select a 2nd row in the Edit Filter Criteria window I get a 190 script error. Thus, I am unable to perform an 'OR' in the filtering. This error happens on other workstations, so I think it is a bug. It does not occur when performing the same action in Advanced Find versus Customization. Comments ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Exchange 2003 Recovery
Helo NG, at this time we`ve Problems with our Exchange 2003 Server. It has been deleted a single Mailbox without a Bricklevel Backup. Now the last full Backup is from April 15th and the DB Logs are from 05.05 until today. Is it possible to recover the Database with this Logfiles into a different ADS/Exchange Organisation ? any suggestions...... thx So you have a deleted mailbox and you want to get it back, correct? Have you tried to use the Deleted Mailbox recovery: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF022.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msex...

Error with domain trusts
Morning all, I've struggling to establish domain traust between 2 Windows 2003 domain controllers: Domain A Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 Domain B Domain Functional Level Windows 2000 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 I've setup a DNS zone on each of the domains DC's as a secondary from it's opposite and zone transfers are working, I;ve also created an HOSTS file entry for both domains DC's on their opposits. When I validate the trusts I get this message: Domain B validating Domain A: ...

Converting Express to Outlook 2003
I have just recently switched from express to outlook 2003. When entering the first couple of letters from a contact in my address book the name does not automatically appear as it does in express. How can I fix this problem? I have already imported all email addresses from express to outlook. The auto-complete addresses will be available after you first enter the address. This is different from OE. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After fur...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Embedding HTML views with scripting into MFC application
Hello, newbie here.. bare with me.. I would like to add an HTML view to my MFC application. I would like this view to communicate with my application in two ways. a) I would like the view to display information obtained from functions in my app. b) I would like links in this view to call functions within my application. I would imagine that such a monster application would require scripting as an agent between the app and the html. I am not exactly clear on how this would play out. Could someone point me in the direction of the technologies needed to make this happen and how they fit...

SBS 2003: adding Exchange services to Outlook 2003
On 3 out of 8 new computers added to the domain, I am unable to add the Exchange service to Outlook 2003 for the shared public folders and contacts. I receive the following message: "The action could not be completed. The connection to the MS Exch Srvr is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." All other services are availabe to these "problem" users: One of these users was an existing user that received a new workstation; the other 2 users are new as are their workstations. Any thoughts? Thanks. Michael In news:1D0046BA-38...

downloaded emails disappear in Outlook 2003
Hi I've noticed that emails disappear in Outlook2003 (my pst file was 300 Mo). I have deleted a lot of emails and now my pst file is 200 Mo but I still have the emails disappear. Any idea on the origin of that problem? Thanks Faith Check to see if you have a view applied or if you are sorting by the icon. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Faith@yaho...

Outlook Web Access Problems (SBS 2003)
Wonder if any one can help... We use Outlook Web Access and until last week we have never had any problems.... (SBS 2003) I get to the login screen and put my username and password in and I get the error "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." I've tested the login as both the user the admininstrator and internally on the server and I get the same problem... I'm not aware that we have installed any new apps or made any changes recently Any ideas....?, the users just seem to have los...

Exchange 2003 mount public db
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on SBS Server. On of my customer losed old mail on a public folder and I need to restore emails. I have the database file that contains the emails but i wouldn't stop exchange mount the old db (DBOLD) create e pst of email, dismount the db and mount the official db. It's too dangerous! Then I reinstall the same machine on a server with the same domain, organization, Admnistrative group of Exchange. Dismount the original db and I try to mount the db of the other server (DBOLD). I receive an error like this: The information store could not be loaded bec...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

Default Language in Outlook 2003
Hi, How do I set the default spell check language? (Outlook 2003 running on Win XP professional). I keep setting it to default UK, but it stays as US, how can I permantley removed the US option?, I don't even have the US language in 'Regional and Language Option'. Thanks ...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

GP Dynamics 9 and Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? Chris, Should be no problem, we have customers running it with GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D4E1BA-CF22-45EE-97F2-9BE2244D590D@microsoft.com... > If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our > current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? thank you for quick response.... much appreciated! "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Chris, ...

Exchange 2000 Sending out old Emails When ever Exchange Service is restarted
I have a single exchange server that is sending out old emails whenever the Exchange Service is restarted. It is alwasy the same emails and they go to post inside and outside recipients. As long as I don't restart the Exchange Service, everything is fine. This has been going on about a month, but I need to spend some time getting it resolved now. Any pointers? I haven't turned up much in searching for myself. Thanks Jason- If you look in the folders for your SMTP Service, particuarly drop, queue, and pickup, are there old messages in there? By default this folder is in C:\program fi...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...

Outlook 2003 won't start under Windows 7
Reinstalled Office 2003 after converting to W7. This error message appears immediately after starting OL: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." Try; Start Run Outlook.exe /resetnavpane (space between exe /) "Kay" <Kay@kayknapp.com> wrote in message news:eYf7cZufKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Reinstalled Office 2003 after converting to W7. This error message > appears immediately after starting OL: > > "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store ...

Outlook 2003
My girlfriend is having a problem with Outlook 2003, where after the program has been running for a half-hour or so, and opens a new letter, the message pane loses focus and ends up BELOW the main Outlook window, instead of in front of it. The result is that the only way she can read the letter is to minimize the main Outlook window -- which isn't really an ideal solution, and rather a pain the butt. If she shuts down Outlook, then restarts it, all is fine again ... until another half- hour or so later. It's very frustrating. Anybody have any theories here? I'm guessin...

Problem with Outlook 2003 BCM and offline files
Hello! I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be made available offline." As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without q...