Archive public folders to PST file

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0

Hi all,
We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 =
Server).  We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects =
we have.  There are about 100 of them.  All we want to get is to have =
one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month.  =
Any utility or program do that?  We need an automatic way which meant =
automatic move old emails to PST files and do it regularly.

TIA,
el
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D2>We need to reduce the size of =
our=20
Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 Server).&nbsp; We&nbsp;create=20
a&nbsp;sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects we have.&nbsp; =
There=20
are about 100 of them.&nbsp; All we want to&nbsp;get is to&nbsp;have one =
PST for=20
each project to store emails which are older than a month.&nbsp; Any =
utility or=20
program do that?&nbsp; We need an automatic way which meant automatic =
move old=20
emails to PST files and do it regularly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D2>TIA,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"MS Sans Serif" size=3D2>el</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0--

0
el

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:15:38 +1300, "el" <drop_msg -@- hotmail -DOT-
com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 Server).  We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects we have.  There are about 100 of them.  All we want to get is to have one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month.  Any utility or program do that?  We need an automatic way which meant automatic move old emails to PST files and do it regularly.
>
>TIA,
>el

For you I would suggest you just used Outlook to export the folder to
PST file.
That's even if your store is of a size that you need to do the
archiving. If you're going to create a PST file where are you going to
store them? If you're not going to store them on a backed up network
area there probably isn't any point putting them into the Public
Folder structure in the first place.
0
mark7219 (5666)
2/21/2007 6:44:07 AM
I found this tool at http://www.rbware.net/RBMergeToPst/default.htm

You can use it at your own risk.

"el" wrote:

> Hi all,
> We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 Server).  We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects we have.  There are about 100 of them.  All we want to get is to have one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month.  Any utility or program do that?  We need an automatic way which meant automatic move old emails to PST files and do it regularly.
>
> TIA,
> el

Compressing xml file
I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any idea how to integrate winzip with our VB.net application to compress xml files. Or is there any other utility to do the kob Devesh "Devesh Aggarwal" <solutions@unieme.com> schreef in bericht news:#TwLpW8kDHA.1708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am using sharpziplib ti compress & zip an XML file. But the compression > ration is very bad for this utility compared to that i do with winzip. Any > idea how to integrate...

Some Public Folder mails not visible using IMAP
Windows 2000 SP4 server/Exchange 2003 SP Strange thing happened yesterday. In the the course of 2 minutes about 200 mails appeared in one of our Public Folders, mails which had been received earlier into one of the other Public folders. All the mails have correct sender/receiver/subject but have blank messages. The receiving dates have been changed to yesterday's date, but looking at the details in Outlook these mails were all first received on Jan 6, 2006. Even stranger is that when viewed using IMAP these mails are not visible, but using OWA or Outlook in Corporate mode, they are visib...

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

outlook.pst #8
What suggestions do you have to respond to the following error message? C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed (cyclic redundancy check) Error 0x80040116 When I run Norton I am told "outlook.pst is corrupt" I am running Outlook from Office 2000 with Win2000 op sys on laptop Thanks "Don Mountan" <dmountan@lcia.com> wrote in message news:2ab63d40.0401280709.60104f18@posting.google.com... > What suggestions do you have to respond to the following error > message? > > C:...

Computer won't read files.
When we try to open files in Excel or Word the computer tells us that the file can't be read or it is unavaileable. Dose anybody know why we can't retrieve our files? Thank You, Gaile Storm Hi Gaile it might help if you let us know: -your operating system -version of excel & word you have installed, including service packs (found under help / about) - whether this is a new problem - whether you can create files in these programs - if you can create and save can you then open & view these files? and anything else that may impact on using these files. Cheers JulieD "...

Writing XML File from Dataset
Read many of the posting but still doen't understand the process. I have a dataset with child records. I have a specific XML "Account.XSD" format that I need to write this out to. How do I marry these (2) items to create the output file. Dim dataSet As DataSet = New DataSet("AccountRecord") PremisesAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Premises") SupAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "Supplemental") cn.Close() Dim AccountRecord As DataRelation = dataSet.Relations.Add("Prem_Species", _ data...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

PDF file

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

OE locks up when I select "sent items" folder
I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. All updates are installed. Any suggestions. larry Goode wrote: > I get the permanent hourglass when i click on the "Sent Items" > folder. I have tried various steps to resolve, including a SP repair. > All updates are installed. Any suggestions. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. Y...

Retrieving a File
I need to set up a procedure to automatically retrieve a file(s) and send to a printer at a specified time (6:45) everyday. I'm not that familiar with VBA and have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to start this. Thanks! Tammy for starters try this Sub PrintFile() Workbooks.Open FileName:="C:\Temp\Test FILE.xls" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Application.OnTime TimeValue("06:45:00"), "PrintFile", TimeValue("06:45:10"), True End Sub --- Message posted from http://www...

previewing windows files in Outlook
Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or preview pane feature. I would like to view these files in Outlook without having to open each file. I use Outlook 2000. Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows > documents using Outlook? I have placed shortcuts to > various windows folders on my Outlook bar. When I open > the folders in...

Unable display folder
Hi, My system can not receive email. I upgrade it from Office 2000 to Office XP. Screen has message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correcty installed and configured. I need help. Please email me cchen@glbtecx.com or call 949 450 8725. Thank you. .. ...

Blocking forwarding in public folders
Exchange 5.5 I need to create a new public folder which my users and people outside of the company will be posting to. Unfortunately, the data being posted is proprietary and the originator would like us to block the ability of our users to forward the posts outside of the company (for this folder only). Can this be done, and if so, how would I go about doing it. Thank you. that would not be easy, if it's even possible...if people have the rights to view the folder contents, and they also have rights to send/receive Internet email, I don't see how you could stop them from forwarding...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

link a stencil to a visio file?
hi all, I'm new to Visio, hope not to get laughed at! So here I go: I'm creating a Word doc where I have to link to a Visio drawing. Since the doc is a template for future filling, I don't want to "show" the empty visio drawing on the doc, but just "show" an icon which links to it. OK, so far everything's fine, I double click on it and it opens (clap! clap!) :-). The thing is I have created a new custom stencil, a very simple one so those who are going to fill the template don't have to mess too much with visio, just drag and drop some of these 1...

Excel file won't open because it' a read only file when it is not
When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - Cannot access read-only document "name of file" File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. IanB wrote: > > When I try to open a file I just had open, the following message appears - > Cannot access read-only document "name of file" > File properties do not have the read-only box ticked. -- Dave Peterson ...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...

Is there an executable file Outlook uses to find the default browser?
Hello, I do IT support for a company that uses restricted computers (they will only run allowable .exe files). Some of our users have Firefox as their default browser, when they try to open links in Outlook, they get an error message saying the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. (which is the error one would get when trying to run executables that haven't been OK'd) Other than opening the links in Outlook, Firefox works fine. The reason I think there is some executable running is if I unrestrict the computer the links open fine. I checked for changes t...

File, Send to...Mail Recipient and no contacts show
I use Office 2000 Pro (fully patched) on a Windows XP Pro (fully patched)Compaq laptop. I can open up Outlook 2000 on my desktop and see all my contacts. I am logged on to a Windows 2000 domain controller and have Exchange 5.5. I want to send a Word doc to a mail recipient, but when I am in Outlook and click FILE, Send TO... MAIL RECIPIENT AS AN ATTACHMENT and click on the TO...button on my E-mail program, I do not see and of my contacts. Where did my contacts go? Thanks. Have you checked which contacts list/book you are using? Maybe you have multiple lists and outlook is using an ...

Sharing a Distribution List in My Contacts Folder
Hi all, I'm sure there is some relatively easy way of doing this, but so far I haven't figured out the method. :> I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. I'd like to make that PDBUG list available to 3 other people within my organization. What is the easiest and/or best way to accomplish this? Is there some way I can just attach the PDBUG list to an email and have them save it? Thanks for your suggestions. Alan Alan <whoameye@nowhere.pew.invalid> wrote: > I have a distribution list called PDBUG within my Contacts folder. ...

Source and Destination Folders have different types of items
Help, I cannot Archive a very large file because I get a message which tells me that the Source and Destination files contain items of a different type and that I should make sure they contain same type of items. How do I do that? Thanks. Patty <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help, > I cannot Archive a very large file because I get a message which > tells me that the Source and Destination files contain items of a > different type and that I should make sure they contain same type of > items. How do I do that? Thanks. Examine the properties of the two fol...

Auto convert PST/POP to Exchange 2003 mailboxes?
We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange 2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be way too heavy to do them all manually one by one. Is there a tool to do this automatically (covert from PST/POP3 to Exchange 2003 mailboxes)? We will upgrade the users Office 2000/XP to Office 2003. TIA Linda On Mon, 30 May 2005 13:50:24 +0200, Linda Lindsez <spamblooocker@hotmail.com> wrote: >We are about to convert our users from PST files (POP3) to Exchange >2003 mailboxes. As there are several hundred of users, this would be >way to...