applying SP1 to exchange server 2007

Hi all,

We migrated to exchange server 2007 about a year and a half ago. During the
initial setup, I tried to apply SP1, but faced some problem (almost wiped
out my AD users ), so we decided not to do it and it's been running in the
same setup till now (Without SP1) and without any problem. Now, we have got
a new exchange server 2007 with SP1 installed in a different server but in
the same exchange organization with same server roles. I can move the
mailboxes from one server to the other without any problem. Now I want to
apply SCR using the two servers, but the problem is, the first one doesn't
have SP1 installed. I am a bit worried about applying SP1 to the old server.
If anything goes wrong with this setup, it might jeopardize the whole email
system. Are there any issues when applying SP1? Any help in this regard
would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
Saisab

0
Saisab

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:56:30 +0545, "Saisab Pradhan"
<spradhan@icimod.org> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We migrated to exchange server 2007 about a year and a half ago. During the
>initial setup, I tried to apply SP1, but faced some problem (almost wiped
>out my AD users ), so we decided not to do it and it's been running in the
>same setup till now (Without SP1) and without any problem. Now, we have got
>a new exchange server 2007 with SP1 installed in a different server but in
>the same exchange organization with same server roles. I can move the
>mailboxes from one server to the other without any problem. Now I want to
>apply SCR using the two servers, but the problem is, the first one doesn't
>have SP1 installed. I am a bit worried about applying SP1 to the old server.
>If anything goes wrong with this setup, it might jeopardize the whole email
>system. Are there any issues when applying SP1? Any help in this regard
>would be highly appreciated.
>
>thanks,
>Saisab

How is it you think that applying SP1 to your Exchange server would
wipe your Active Directory out?
Were you aware that you shouldn't even have touched the RTM code if
you had SP1 available? Were you aware that you could have applied the
SP1 binaries to a box without Exchange on it at all? That doesn't take
away the fact that applying SP1 to an Exchange 2007 server wouldn't
ruin your Active Directory's day.
If you're that worried about applying it get a new (loaner?) box and
install it with SP2 then migrate to it, format and rebuild the
original and then migrate back. Better yet, migrate everything to your
own new box, format and rebuild the old and make it the SCR target.

Really, your options are wide open here. All depends on how you want
to approach it.
0
Mark

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

Microsoft CRM Exchange
From previous listings I came across the fact that the email router or Microsoft CRM Exchange Connector sends and receives emails to and from CRM. Also that we can receive an email in outlook then click the Promote E-mail to CRM Activity button to move it into crm. Where is this button located. Should I be working on the server where CRM is installed to get this working? You will only have the Promote button if you have installed Sales For Outlook (or a third part add-in) This will be on the client pc, not (definitely not!) the server "Gautam" <gautam@fivepoints.net>...

Some Messages Don't Download from Server
I've upgraded to Outlook 2003. Lately, it seems that some of the messages on my earthlink server are not downloaded when I use Send/Receive. There seems to be pattern as to which messages are downloaded and which remain on the server. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? ...

Outloook asks for old exchange server
A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Now I have a couple of users that are getting the cancel request box. I created another profile in outlook but it still does the same thing. Do or should I remove all profiles and start a new one from scratch? Any ideas are much appreciated. Delete the old profile and start anew. If this problem recurs, post your question to an Exchange group as I seem to recall there is something in Exchange that you can configure. "Aaron" wrote: > A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

SQL Server hardware requirements
What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for the SQL Server databases??? www.microsoft.com/sql/ "JHFVigeant" <JHFVigeant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA4005D-130D-4B40-98FB-470BA8DFFB59@microsoft.com... > What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for > the SQL Server databases??? > ...

Moving mailboxes to another server
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I just built a Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. When I "right mouse" click on the mailboxes in the Exchange system Manager on the Exchange 2000 system, it does not have the option for "exchange tasks" to move the mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server. It does give me the option in "AD". It's a slower process to move it through AD. Any thoughts to add the feature in the Exchange 2000 system manager? Mitch On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:30:11 -0700, "mitch" <mitch@discussions.micr...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

SBS2003 + Terminal Server clients unexpected behaviour
Hi, I know this isn't an SBS issue per se but just wondered if anyone here had any idea as to how I could solve this or could perhaps point me to a more relevant forum. We have two Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server's in our office for workers in a branch office to access an application at head office where there is an SBS 2003 based network. Both Terminal Servers were working fine up until very recently. Now on one of them when a user goes into out company accounts/management package and clicks on a template, which I think uses some kind of document automati...

Exchange 2003 EE not using RAM in computer
I have noticed a couple posts over time in this forum regarding store.exe not using the RAM in a machine. I cannot seem to reply to old posts, so here is my problem. The store.exe (Ex2k3 EE, SP2 on Win2k std. SP1) does not use over 1GB. The server has 4GB of RAM but only 2GB ever is used according to taskmgr, with the store.exe taking almost exactly 1GB. I have the correctly configured boot.ini, but not sure where to go from here. There is only one exchange info store that is around 25GB.... The server is Windows 2003 Std. SP1, not win2k as indicated above...typo, sorry... Jeffrey Read th...

Looking for DPM 2010 RC SCOM 2007 Management Pack
Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become available? Can you please mail me at praveend[at]microsoft[dot]com, we can help you on getting the MOM pack. Thanks. Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A395C3-6108-4B78-B3DC-0EDBA6EF773F@microsoft.com... > Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become > available? We use SCOM 2007 R2, can I get access to the MP...

Money 2007 delete previous versions?
I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money 2004 SB. Does the upgrade wipe out any previous version so that I can't go back if I don't want to commit to the upgrade? I'm running XP SP2. Thanks, Brett It will give you the chance to select yes or no to remove it Steve -- Steve steven_morrison69@hotmail.com "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1163964503.767879.204210@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to try Money 2007 trial before committing. I'm using Money > 2004 SB. Does the upgrade w...

Upgrading NT4 to Win2k while still using Exchange 5.5
Hello, Has anyone experienced any issues when upgrading an NT4 server running Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server but not upgrading Exchange? Thank you, Gerry That should work fine, but you would certainly do well to backup your PRIV, PUB, and DIR beforehand. -- Have a great day! Graham, MCSE�+I, MCSA Microsoft Corporation Exchange Enterprise Messaging * Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Find out about Strategic Technology Protection Program a...