applying auto archiving

Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on
cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto
archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to
apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the
archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can
help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this
CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox.

I would like some help with this please. I know that some cdo websites have
some code but this is all new to me and I am lost trying to understand
programming. I tried www.cdolive.com and I got the following:

'Outlook provides an option to set AutoArchive options on a per folder
basis. This information is stored in a hidden message 'in the particular
folder with a message class of "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties". Since CDO
1.2x provides access to hidden 'messages you can use the following code to
change the aging properties:
' MAPI property tags for aging properties
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD = &H36EC0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY = &H36EE0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PATH = &H6856001E
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED = &H6857000B

' Properties for aging granularity
Public Const AG_MONTHS = 0
Public Const AG_WEEKS = 1
Public Const AG_DAYS = 2

' Get the inbox folder
Set objInboxFolder = objSession.Inbox

' Get hidden message collection
Set objHiddenMessages = objInboxFolder.HiddenMessages

' Loop through the hidden messages collection
For Each objMessage In objHiddenMessages

  ' Check if the message class points to an aging message
  If objMessage.Type = "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" Then

    ' Change aging properties to 14 months/weeks/days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD).Value = 14

    ' Change aging granularity to days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS

    ' Change the path to the archive file
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"

    ' Enable aging for this folder
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True

    ' Update hidden message
    objMessage.Update True, True
  End If
Next

'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that the
changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also this
hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least turned
on once with 'Outlook itself.

Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get…

Tony..
aramsajan@gmail.com

Archiving is an Outlook function and has nothing to do with Exchange Server
except that it might archive to a folder in a mailbox on Exchange; still
Exchange has nothing to do with the settings.  The only suggestion I have is
to configure Outlook the way you want it using the Custom Installation
Wizard and enforce consistent settings as best you can.  You'd probably be
best off asking this question to an Outlook newsgroup.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Tony.." <Tony..@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
>    ' Change aging granularity to days
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS
>
>    ' Change the path to the archive file
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"
>
>    ' Enable aging for this folder
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True
>
>    ' Update hidden message
>    objMessage.Update True, True
>  End If
> Next
>
> 'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that
> the
> changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also
> this
> hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least
> turned
> on once with 'Outlook itself.
>

> Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Apply Discount List to Opportunity Product
How can I apply an automatic discount list to an opportunity product? When clicking New Opportunity Product, it only allows for a manual discount- but I have set up Discount lists to apply a specific percentage discount for different quantities of our product (quantity price breaks, i.e. 50-500 gets 25% discount, etc.). Not sure how to remedy this- the sales guys want to have CRM do the calculations, not have to calculate the discounts themselves!! Thanks in advance for any help. On May 15, 11:23 am, Pezman <Pez...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I apply an automa...

Auto Batch Posting
We are currently using Great Plains 8.0 and we are planning to automate the batch posting process in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Does any one has a tool to do this one. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks, Vishnu ...

Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns
Dear Experts: Below macro applies alternate shading to the used range considering ONLY visible rows (alternate row shading to visible rows). Could somebody please re-write the code to perform COLUMN banding (alternate column shading) instead of row banding (alternate row shading) . Only visible columns should be considered. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ColorRows() Dim c As Range Dim CI(0 To 1) As Long Dim i As Long Dim Rng As Range CI(0) = xlColorIndexNone CI(1) = 15 'I actually changed this from her's for li...

Docs auto copy when deleted
REcently my MSword program (Office Home & student 2007) started auto copying docs when I deleted them. I now have hundreds of copies of docs I don't want. Dont know how it happened & am lost for a solution to stop it. Help. -- Bruce Mc What's your operating system, and how are you deleting the files? (through Word or through Windows Explorer, or...?) -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DC844B2-719B-4608-8B4D-FE435834D4AF@microsoft.com... >...

prevent auto filling of web forms
I have a web site with a contact form in it. It keeps getting filled in with junk, mostly instead of the actual names and addresses etc, there are random links to web sites. I whave tried a captcha thing but couldn't get it to work. Also I find these a bit annoying and untidy. I have heard that you can set questions that only a human can answer but I am unsure how to do this . I can insert the question, ie, are you human? or insert the underlined word in the box. The problem comes with getting the form to be rejected if the answer is incorrect Please help. Requires server ...

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Auto Dial
I have Outlook set up to use my calling card. This is very convenient for most calls, but there is a problem. Every time Outlook autodials a toll-free number, it first dials the calling card. Is there a way to prevent auto dial from using the calling card for toll free-numbers? Thank you, Wolfv ...

Cannot Apply Payment
I am trying to apply a payment in GP 9 and I am getting the error message "You cannot apply a payment, credit memo or return that is on hold." I am not sure how the payment was put on hold and do not know how to take it off hold. I am sure there is a simple solution but I cannot figure it out. Thanks. Neil, I am going to guess this is in Payables? If so....go to Transactions > Purchasing > Holds, select your vendor and uncheck the Hold checkbox. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP 2005-2010 Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/g...

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

Why CRM WEb Client auto-close if the client pc swap domain
Our office previously has existing domain with all the computer connected to it. After indentify that CRM 3.0 single pc deployment need to be install on Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, we have formatted our only server and promote a new domain. CRM has been setup according to User Implementation guide. However after setup done, existing office pc that was previously connected to the formatted server, after joined the new domain, has trouble running the CRM web client. Each time launch the http://CRMserver:5555, the IE appear for 1 -2 seconds, then it disappear. But with new pc ...

Big Prroblem With Archive Folders
I'm in Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I was running out of mail space aproaching 1.8 gig in outlook, so I archived folders. I'm not sure how I did it but I've ended up with multiple archive folders. My outlook today with all of primary folders were in an archive folder. And I had multiple (top level) archive folders. I renamed one as Archive Main, and after I did that it does not close properly and start properly, with a message which says that the Archive file did not close properly. I've run detect and repair repeatedly now, and it does not fix the problem. I cann...

Apply timestamp to BE file
Hi All, I use filecopy to make a backup of my backend file with a .bak extention added to the original filename. However the filecopy created file also has the same timestamp as the source BE file & I'd like it to reflect the timestamp when the filecopy was actually done. Any easy solutions to achieving that? "Hugh self taught" <Hughselftaught@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B90919DE-CAEE-4414-9E51-EC988E322A05@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I use filecopy to make a backup of my backend file with a .bak extention > added ...

Client Auto Logoff of GP10
Is there a way that a client's sessions can time out and log them out of GP? I am nearing and exceeding capacity but it's due to inactive clients not logging out and I don't have the $$$ at this point to add more users. Any advice other than buy more licenses or the obvious tell users to log out would be appreciated. ts, Check this product out - http://www.rocktonsoftware.com/products.aspx?p=8 $150 a user. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thanks, looks interesting! "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > ts, &g...

Auto Filter Question
Hello Everyone - When using auto filter, is there a maximum amount of entries that it will filter? Case in point, I have a spreadsheet with about 4800 lines, with enties from A to Z; when I select auto filter on a given column, it seems to list the entries up to, say, the I's (even though I know that there are entries all the way to Z. What gives? First I thought that I might have another filter on that was truncating the data, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Thankx, CT -- theboatdude ------------------------------------------------------------------------ theboatdude&#...

Applying rules to NDR's
I forward all NDR's to a mailbox via the SMTP Virtual Server properties. We restrict which employees can send email to our 'All' security group, which contains all of our employees. A situation has come up where we need to forward the NDR generated by failed emails sent to 'All'. I tried setting up a rule in Outlook to do this, but it failed. Does it fail because the NDR is not a normal "message"? Is there any way to apply server-side rules to NDR's in the mailbox where NDR's are sent, such that the owner of the mailbox does not have to be logged...

Archiving Probelms
Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function though it ryuns klike the previous version. Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 > Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function > though it ryuns klike the previous version. Are you sure the modification dates (not the received dates) of the items you're expecting to be archived are older than the archive date you've chosen? -- Brian Tillman ...

Help, please... Outlook 2000 cannot Export OR Archive emails.
My Outlook (IMO) 2000 Pst file grew to over 2 Gb, Outlook crashed, and it told me to run the Inbox Repair Tool. I did, and it failed. I ran the MS utility PST2GB to reduce the size of the Pst file,... then ran Scanpst again,... it says it worked. Now, Outlook comes up with Most of the folders where they're supposed to be. Some of the folders have been renamed "Recovered Folder 8123", etc... but Most of my old folders are there. Regardless, the Pst file is still huge, and I Cannot either Export the emails Or Archive them... I'd like to start over with a clean Outlook ...

auto recognition of payee
I have just installed Money 2004, have downloaded financial transactions from banks etc I am allocating transactions against payees , many of these are repetitive in terms of payees (ie same supermarket used most weeks, same telephone company etc, Money seems to semi automatically allocate some of the payees to categories, some correctly some incorrectly some not at all . Is there a way of allocating a payee against a category, so that you can simply accept (or not) the transaction against the predetermined category. Money seems to use some odd logic eg park equals leisure, light ...

MSM2005 and archive file
Several months ago, I archived year 2003 transactions from my mny file into a separate file. Recently, I realized that it's been a really long time since I reconciled my "checkbook". It was last reconciled 9/2003 meaning that my archive included unreconciled transactions. I loaded my archive file and started catching up. In fact I got so far as 6/2004 when I realized that I had been reconciling my archive instead of my normal file. It is interesting that my archive had current transactions in it to reconcile! Hopefully I am not screwed up to badly. Do I have to re-reconcile 1/...

Item Discount Not Applied in Transaction
I have setup an item discount in POS to where 1 of an item is one price and then 3 is a different price and 12 a different price, which gives a discount at each level. So this is how I have it setup: Qty. Reg. Price 1 $0.55 3 $1.25 12 $5.50 When I add the item to the transaction and enter a quantity of three it still keeps it at the 55cent price (1.65) instead of the $1.25. Does anyone know how to get this discount to work? Thanks! Enter the unit price at qty level - for example qty. Reg.Price 1 $0.55 -- price of single item 3 $0.42 -- price of ea...

Outlook 2002 no longer will archive
Hi, I was archiving a 4 GB mailbox by year so as not to exceed the .pst limit and had a need to put all the mail back into the mailbox once I was completed. The first operation when perfectly! Then the putting the mail back went perfectly. When I tried to re-archive the files that is where the problems began... It seems that if you archive files and try to archive them after you put them back into the mailbox they are no longer archivable... WHY? I need to archive this mailbox again because the original archive pst files were lost. Thanks, Scott 4 gig mailboxes are only suppo...

auto complete
Anyone know how to make Outlook "auto-complete" the name when I send an email? I used to be able to type just someone's first name, tab to the subject line and the guy's email address would magically appear on the "To" line. That's how it used to be before I had to flatten my machine. Now, I can't get it back to how it used to be. atp That's not autocomplete. That's autoresolution. Post your Outlook version and how you've configured your Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "atp" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Using auto
Hi, Good Day to everyone... I 'am currently using Microsoft Outlook 2003...My Boss wants me to make accounts that will be able to send and receive messages....I have been trying to do it manually, but when I try to do the send/receive messages an error occurs. Someone explained to me to do a Auto Configuration using the cpanel of the site....I tried it but then I don't know how to use it.....in the Tools menu the send and receive button disappeared.....i have no idea on what is currently happening.....and I can't make sure if the mail accounts have been add to outlook e-m...

How to apply to a non functional or originating currency
Could you please let us know if there is any work around or third party tool to apply to a non functional or originating currency 1. Let Functional Currency be AED 2. Create Invoice in USD 3. Make Payment in GBP 4. Currently payment cannot be matched with invoice because payment was neither in functional currency nor originating currency of invoice. Solution to this may be highly appreciated at the earliest As you have noted, Triangulation Currency is not possible in GP and I have not come across any third-party product that allows this either. Triangulation currency is the principle t...