applying auto archiving

Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on
cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto
archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to
apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the
archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can
help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this
CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox.

I would like some help with this please. I know that some cdo websites have
some code but this is all new to me and I am lost trying to understand
programming. I tried www.cdolive.com and I got the following:

'Outlook provides an option to set AutoArchive options on a per folder
basis. This information is stored in a hidden message 'in the particular
folder with a message class of "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties". Since CDO
1.2x provides access to hidden 'messages you can use the following code to
change the aging properties:
' MAPI property tags for aging properties
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD = &H36EC0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY = &H36EE0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PATH = &H6856001E
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED = &H6857000B

' Properties for aging granularity
Public Const AG_MONTHS = 0
Public Const AG_WEEKS = 1
Public Const AG_DAYS = 2

' Get the inbox folder
Set objInboxFolder = objSession.Inbox

' Get hidden message collection
Set objHiddenMessages = objInboxFolder.HiddenMessages

' Loop through the hidden messages collection
For Each objMessage In objHiddenMessages

  ' Check if the message class points to an aging message
  If objMessage.Type = "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" Then

    ' Change aging properties to 14 months/weeks/days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD).Value = 14

    ' Change aging granularity to days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS

    ' Change the path to the archive file
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"

    ' Enable aging for this folder
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True

    ' Update hidden message
    objMessage.Update True, True
  End If
Next

'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that the
changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also this
hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least turned
on once with 'Outlook itself.

Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get…

Tony..
aramsajan@gmail.com

Archiving is an Outlook function and has nothing to do with Exchange Server
except that it might archive to a folder in a mailbox on Exchange; still
Exchange has nothing to do with the settings.  The only suggestion I have is
to configure Outlook the way you want it using the Custom Installation
Wizard and enforce consistent settings as best you can.  You'd probably be
best off asking this question to an Outlook newsgroup.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Tony.." <Tony..@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
>    ' Change aging granularity to days
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS
>
>    ' Change the path to the archive file
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"
>
>    ' Enable aging for this folder
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True
>
>    ' Update hidden message
>    objMessage.Update True, True
>  End If
> Next
>
> 'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that
> the
> changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also
> this
> hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least
> turned
> on once with 'Outlook itself.
>

> Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

auto filter stops working
The auto filter shows up with the dropdown list arrows and only contains the standard all, top 10, and custom list. It no longer contains unique data. The custom will allow you to put in a search and will not retrieve the rows. It worked before and just stopped. How do I fix the problem. I don't see anything in the spreadsheet that would of caused it to quit working. I am running excel 2002. Thanks, Paul Did your filtered range get deleted?? Try taking off autofilter, reselect the range and select autofilter again. James "tweedybird@gmail.com" wrote: > The auto filter ...

Auto populate date in field
Hi. I have a custom entity set up to keep track of contractors and on the form i have a field entitled Last Contact. At the moment this field has to be manually updated after a user attaches a new note to the contractor's form. My question is - is there a way to have the last contact field automatically populated with the latest date that a note was created? Thanks in advance. Hi, Callouts will get you what you want. Trap the Post Create event of the annotation entity to update the custom entity. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions ...

auto-enter will not clear
I'm having a real problem with the auto-entered function on Money 2004. I set up a bill to auto-enter on the day it was due. On my Bills & Deposits box, where it usually shows upcoming bills, it also shows the bill that was auto-entered. However, the bill was auto-entered on Dec 24 and it is now Dec 30 and the thing still shows up there saying that it was auto-entered. How do I clear this old bill off of my Bills & Deposits box on the Money home page? Thanks for the help Louis I believe it shows the last three entered. Enter some more maybe? Don't sweat the small ...

How to auto generate item lookup code
Hi, How to auto generate item lookup code ? This would surely be through a custom add in. But with which hook, will we attach our add in dll ? e.g If on Store Operation Manager, a catagory is selected, item look up code should be autogenerated based on the category. There are limited numnber of hooks that are fired on a limited specified events e.g additem, save item etc. If we want to capture other events like i mentioned one (selecting a value from item category etc), What will we do? Can we extend the hooks and create our own hooks and attach events to them? The ot...

How to auto update date contained in formula
I need to count the number of cells with dates that have been reached (as of today) and count the number of cells that hold future dates. For example, Column "A" holds all past, present (today) and future dates. My formula states =COUNTIF(A2:A17,"<=today's date") to count the number of cells with dates that have been reached as of today, and =COUNTIF(A:A17,">today's date") to count the number of cells that hold future dates. That's the part where I am stuck. I don't know how to write the formula so Excel can automatically update e...

Auto-send pivot table per user
I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address list, and send to them one by one. Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click? Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot table to a different email recipient. The website is as follows:- http://www.rondebruin.nl -- Gary Bro...

Money 2006 Archiving Problem
I am trying to archive my 2004 checking, saving and credit card transactions. I don’t have any investment accounts set-up which is documented as being a no-go when archiving. If I try to archive all accounts the program makes a backup then goes non-responsive. If I try to archive an individual account the program makes a backup and completes the operation but the archived date is not removed. My current file sizes is 9,000 KB and the program is becoming noticeably slower. Any advise on how to get this data off would be much appreciated. thanks pedro Many of us will not advise peopl...

Auto Respond in Outlook Express
I am trying to create an auto response email in Outlook Express. I have set up the rule so that when messages come in with a certain subject line that it will "Reply with Message". I created a response email and saved it to my hard drive. The problem that I have is that the message that it sends back is in an attachment on the email. Is there any way to get it to respond and have the response text right inside the email that it sends back and not in an attachment? Thanks in advance Jeff J Donahue <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to crea...

Auto Accept Agent #2
Hi All, I am creating a new conference rooms, and was wondering if I should use the Auto Accept Agent or Outlook based Resource scheduling. I would appreicate if you could pass on your experience in this regard. Thanks IK The Auto Accept Agent is going to be much more robust than the Outlook-based scheduling. For an even more robust solution, check out Exchange Resource Manager from Swinc. Since you mention using the Auto Accept Agent, I assume you are running Exchange 2003. http://www.swinc.com/products/ERM/ -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "IK" <IK@ps.com> wrote in ...

Unable to Balance after Archive
We just upgraded to Money 2004. After loading it in we determined that our money file was getting excessive. We decided to Archive Data prior to 1/1/02. Now during reconciliation, none of the beginning balances in Money reflect what the ending balance was last month. Not sure how to proceed. Can't balance any accounts except new ones that started since '02. I think the problem is related to items dated in 12/01 (archived out), but, did not reflected until the 1/02 statement. Any help in rebalancing all these accounts so they show the correct amount with the new stateme...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

RM Statement won't print applied credit amount-V10
Hi Folks I need to print an RM Statement where the original amount of the credit document needs to print up. However, if the credit document has been fully applied then the record will print, but the value for the transaction is empty as the document has been fully applied. For my example I have not run the Pd Trn Removal process at all. I've simply captured 2 invoices and 1 credit note and I've fully applied the credit note. I've tried the Long, Short and Blank layout and there is no difference. I've chosen the option to Show Applied Payments and I've not cho...

Auto Out of Office reply outlook 2000
Is there an option to use the automatic out of office e- mail reply with outlook 2000. Thanks The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are connected to an Exchange server. You can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:055001c3cf33$c31bda10$a101280a@phx.gbl,...

Apply AR Documents
Has anyone found a way to auto apply a huge amount of AR documents without touching each one? Dear Denise, This is exactly what Auto-Apply button do! Did you test it? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Denise" wrote: > Has anyone found a way to auto apply a huge amount of AR documents without > touching each one? Denise, It looks like Microsoft has a tool/customization they sell for this, check out this newsgr...

creating an archive or copy of all incomming & out going mail
Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e-mail. Message Journaling http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q261173 HTH Lisa >-----Original Message----- >Running exchange2k & need to know the easiest way to create an archive or copy of all incomming & outgoing e- mail. >. > ...

Auto configure client stationery Outlook 2003
Is it possible to configure the stationery used on cli�nt computer through Exchange Server (NB: Small Business Severs 2003's Exchang Server)? I've searched, almost, everywhere, but I can't find a singl article about this. Is it just so obvious or is it just impossible Eather way, I can't imagine an administrator of a large company goin by all the dekstops, configuring the stationery manually. A little ti would be very much appreciated. Using: Server: MS SBS 2003 (incl. ExchangeServer 2003) Clients: WinXP Prof. & Outlook 2003 Joran Spauwen, joranspauwen@hotmail.com, The...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

Auto Reply
I do not have an exchange server and, as such, do not have the out of office assistant. I have followed the auto-reply instructions to the letter (several times!) and "Cannot reply to message" keeps coming up even though outlook does not say why. The Rule keeps turning itself off and I do not know why. Help! If you don't have an exchange server then clearly you can't have Auto-Reply in Outlook because there must be a system that can recognize you even if you are not online. There are no Auto-Reply instructions that will work if you don't have MS Exchan...

disable auto conversion data to date-format when pasting
I have following problem: I copy some data from webpage. the data are in format like this: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 11 / 24 16 / 32 when I paste that to excel I get following: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 2004-11-24 16 / 32 as I understeand excel by default tries to choose best format for dat I paste. this is really annoying because it in reality changes data paste - 11 / 24 is no longer 11 /24 - it is now 38315 <- the real wa date data is stored and I can no longer get two first and two las numbers as I would be able from 11 / ...

auto fill data from cells
i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6 different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all of the text data from the six different sheets on it. So, if i list 40 words in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all 240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet) Any help would be greatly appreciatiated. thanks dude On the 7th sheet, in cell A1 ='Sheet1'!B5 fill the formula down to A40 On the 7th sheet, in cell B1 ='Sheet2'!B5 and again fill the formula down to B40 R...

Auto-Receive Freight, Tax & Miscellaneous charges from PO
When doing a Shipment/Invoice receipt in Dynamics on a PO, when the Auto-Receive button is selected, the system does not bring in the amount in the subtotal area for Freight, Taxes or Miscellenous charges. This requires us to alway go back to check the original PO to verify the amounts are correct before processing and posting the receipt. There should be an option in the Purchasing setup to allow to receive the complete PO, if you are not receiving multiple POs on one receipt. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Payables Invoice Fully Applied Zero Balance
I have a fully-applied zero balance AP invoice that did not move to history. I've found TechKnowledge Doc #15269 that says it's a known issue when you writeoff an invoice but I'm not showing any indication that this was a writeoff. Any suggestions on how to fix outside of running check links? ...

Archive from Inbox on Exchage Server to pst file
I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst file located on the Hard Disk. The file "archive.pst" is created but the emails are not moved to the "INBOX" folder in the "archive.pst". How can I fix this problem? I am using the Windows 2000 with Outlook 2002 SP2 Autoarchive works on the "modified" date of the item - perhaps that's your issue. Rogerio wrote: > I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a > folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst &g...

Auto concantenate
I am working in Office 2003. I am trying to create a spreadsheet that I can paste data into column a and automaticaly concantenate with a ; as the seperator. The catch is that my result needs to be limited to 1000 entries, I can have multiple cells with 1000 entries. example: 1234567-1;987654;1111111-11;4561234-801; this example has 4 entries. Currently I have been getting the data in column A the in column B I enter the ;. Then I use concantenate in column C and copy it down to the end. Next I go to the 10th entry and in column D I concantenate the first 10 of column C then...