applying auto archiving

Hello evryone. I am not a sys admin or a programmer. My company is short on
cash. So I am trying my best for the past 2 weeks to find a solution for auto
archiving for all 200 mailbox users that we have. I have implemented a GPO to
apply settings for auto archiving but the problem we have is that the
archive.pst is still locall. I have researched online and foung that CDO can
help view the hidden "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" and alter it and this
CDO can loop nd perform the same task for all folders within a user’s mailbox.

I would like some help with this please. I know that some cdo websites have
some code but this is all new to me and I am lost trying to understand
programming. I tried www.cdolive.com and I got the following:

'Outlook provides an option to set AutoArchive options on a per folder
basis. This information is stored in a hidden message 'in the particular
folder with a message class of "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties". Since CDO
1.2x provides access to hidden 'messages you can use the following code to
change the aging properties:
' MAPI property tags for aging properties
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD = &H36EC0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY = &H36EE0003
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_PATH = &H6856001E
Public Const CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED = &H6857000B

' Properties for aging granularity
Public Const AG_MONTHS = 0
Public Const AG_WEEKS = 1
Public Const AG_DAYS = 2

' Get the inbox folder
Set objInboxFolder = objSession.Inbox

' Get hidden message collection
Set objHiddenMessages = objInboxFolder.HiddenMessages

' Loop through the hidden messages collection
For Each objMessage In objHiddenMessages

  ' Check if the message class points to an aging message
  If objMessage.Type = "IPC.MS.Outlook.AgingProperties" Then

    ' Change aging properties to 14 months/weeks/days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PERIOD).Value = 14

    ' Change aging granularity to days
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS

    ' Change the path to the archive file
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"

    ' Enable aging for this folder
    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True

    ' Update hidden message
    objMessage.Update True, True
  End If
Next

'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that the
changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also this
hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least turned
on once with 'Outlook itself.

Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get…

Tony..
aramsajan@gmail.com

Archiving is an Outlook function and has nothing to do with Exchange Server
except that it might archive to a folder in a mailbox on Exchange; still
Exchange has nothing to do with the settings.  The only suggestion I have is
to configure Outlook the way you want it using the Custom Installation
Wizard and enforce consistent settings as best you can.  You'd probably be
best off asking this question to an Outlook newsgroup.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Tony.." <Tony..@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
>    ' Change aging granularity to days
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_GRANULARITY).Value = AG_DAYS
>
>    ' Change the path to the archive file
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_PATH).Value = "C:\Temp\archive.pst"
>
>    ' Enable aging for this folder
>    objMessage.Fields.Item(CdoPR_AGING_ENABLED).Value = True
>
>    ' Update hidden message
>    objMessage.Update True, True
>  End If
> Next
>
> 'Note that Outlook sometimes caches information and it is possible that
> the
> changes are only displayed after closing and 're-opening Outlook. Also
> this
> hidden message does only exist if the AutoArchive option was at least
> turned
> on once with 'Outlook itself.
>

> Please help me. I really appreciateall the help I can get.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

How-to apply conditional format
I have a list of attendance at my schools' chess club. I'd like to highlight those that have been absent for the past 3 meetings, as they are now eligible to be replaced by kids on the waiting list. Any idea how I can write a conditional format to check ideally the row for check marks and highlight the Name cell if three consecutive cells are not checked or alternatively (2nd prize) if the total of attendances are 3 less than the maximum number of attendances. Also fine if I can get the bottom 15% of attendance and highlight their names. I had a conditional formula on the Name cell...

Archived Calendar items
Hi - I am using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to retrieve and view archived calendar items? If so, can someone let me know how this is done? Thanks, Anna "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0603DE3-25B9-476A-9641-A87553BF8CD0@microsoft.com... > Hi - I am using Outlook 2003. > > Is there a way to retrieve and view archived calendar items? If so, can > someone let me know how this is done? Just open the Calendar in your archive PST, locate the item(s) you want to print or view and have at it. If you have autoarchiving ...

Archiving/Deleting Journal info from HQ
Hello Unfortunately when our HQ was installed the option to upload all journal information to HQ was turned on. This has made our HQ database grow very rapidly. Once I noticed I turned this option off. Is there any way to archive or delete the journal info stored in Headquarters? Thanks Sam On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:43:47 +1000, "Sam Raso" <samraso@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hello > >Unfortunately when our HQ was installed the option to upload all journal >information to HQ was turned on. From HQ Manager File | Configuration first option of list.. 'Upload S...

Auto complete process
Can anyone tell me what the autocomplete searches to find names? Is it email address, full name, first name, last name? All of the above? What would I need to do for someone who uses Eudora and wants it to work like their "nicknames" (ie when they type charlie they get charles smith and when they type smith they get john smith)? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. It searches whatever is in the To: field of the messages you have already sent from Outlook. It does not use Contacts data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jdrummond" <mrdrummond1@hotmail.com>...

auto accept utility
I need an auto accept utility for booking resources such as conference rooms. Can anyone recommend a good one for Exchange 2003? thanks In the last exciting episode, "Frank M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an auto accept utility for booking resources such >as conference rooms. Can anyone recommend a good one for >Exchange 2003? www.swinc.com/erm -- Chris Scharff MessageOne http://www.messageone.com -- ROT13 for valid SMTP address -- "Frank M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an auto accept uti...

Auto-sizing the Comment Box?
When a comment is inserted into an Excel worksheet, it is possible to auto-size the comment box, in "insert comment" mode or "edit comment", > mode by right-clicking on the border of the comment box, left-clicking on > Format Comment>Alignment then putting a tick in the Automatic Size check > box. > > Is it possible to set up the workbook so that the Automatic Sizing of the > comment is the default state: ie. the comment is automatically "Automatic > Size" -ed? -- Joey ------------------------------- Albert Einstein said: "No amount...

Auto Accept Agent #7
I am running Enchange 2003 Sp1 on a Server 2003 sp1 machine. I am trying to configure auto accept agent on the server to use with public conference room calendars. The agent installs with out errors as a local service, but when I try to register an email address with the RegisterMailbox.vbs I get these messages... the given email address could not be resolved to a directory object and then error getting the ADsPath of resource mailbox. Anyone know what the problem is? I will be updating to SP2 soon, but that is definitely not the problem. Dave G wrote: > Not sure but I would recom...

How do I stop Excel auto formatting the text 3-4 as 04 Apr?
I run a web query that imports soccer results to Excel. Unfortunately the web site formats the result as 3-1 for example. This text is automatically converted to 03 Jan by Excel. I can't seem to stop this happening, even if I explicitly set the cell format to text. Doing so just converts the contents, which were a date, to the internal date number and if I re load the data it reverts to 03 Jan again. Does anyone know how I might get excel to leave the format of the cells alone? thanks ahughf There is no turn off for this, you can either preformat the cells as text or precede the e...

Auto Spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I currently have a spreadsheet with about 10,000 items in it. I have some postal codes that are spaced properly (eg. N6F 1X3), but I also have some that are incorrectly spaced (rg. N6T2X1). Is there a way to &quot;auto format&quot; these to space themselves properly? Thanks. probably not, but if the length of the post codes (regardless of the space) is consistent, you can play around with &quot;Find and Replace&quot; - in the Edit menu, and &quot;Text to Columns&quot; - in the Data menu. M...

Auto Send and Receive Not Working
I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; however, we would like to have it automatically do this. I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes and it will not work. What could be the problem? RickCass On 29 Apr 2004 12:11, "RickCass" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or >externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; >however, we would like to have...

Auto completion of email addresses
I am new to Outlook 2002. Does anyone know how to make Outlook only look at the contact list when automatically completing the "To:" email address? Alternatively, is there a way to clear the cache of addresses that Outlook accesses (aside from the contact list)? I know how to turn the auto completion function off altogether. Thanks ...

Non-Exchange Auto-reply issues in Outlook XP
I am trying to impersonate an "out of office" style autoreply for a Outlook XP user who is using POP3 with a PST file. The user is trying to setup an email ordering system for their store, and they want any email received to automatically generate a reply from a template, basically saying "thanks for ordering, it will ready in 10." I have set up the rule to apply to all incoming message, it replies with a template, prints the email and marks the message as read. The rule runs, but only against the first email from any user. If you send an email, and then another one 10 m...

Auto fill options button for Dates disappears- bring it back?
Wonder if this is possible? when I use the fill handle on a date it gives me the auto fill options button. When I widen my column, the auto fill options button disappears. Is there any way to bring it back besides using the fill handle again? Just curious as I waste time refilling the dates with the fill handle to get the auto fill options button back. Thanks! Jugglertwo ...

How to apply different color on different columns and legends easily?
Hi there I am creating a Column chart, with x-axis showing years (e.g. 1990 to 1999), and y-axis showing GDP. But i want to apply two different color on the columns (e.g. 1990 to 1995 use red colour columns, 1996 to 1999 use green colour columns) Questions 1) Is there an easy and automatic way to apply different color on the columns? (Prefer not to click each bar or click each to format data point) (Am using Excel 2003 version) 2) Can I add legend of my choice? How can i add 2 legends? For example, I want to add a red legend for year 1990 to 1995, the other green for year 1996 to 1999. ...

auto copy self

auto run Integration Manager using AutoDim tool in DTS package...H
I am having a problem that hopefully someone will be able to assist in resolving. I have an integration that I am attempting as a step in a DTS package after an export. The integration uses the standard adapter b/c there is not an SQL optimized adapter for payables transactions. The problem I have is a follows; when I 1st create the workflow DTS will execute AutoDim and everything works properly, the 2nd time I attempt to run the package DTS will tell me it completed the steps but it is not "firing" the integration. If I delete and recreate it follows the same sequence, 1st t...

Auto generating unique number
Hi We would like to customize CRM so that when an opportunity is created, a unique number is generated and this unique number appears throughout the sales process. This number has to be auto generated by CRM so that a user does not have to enter it manually. The number should follow automatically from the previous number. Can this be achieved by creating a workflow rule using a call assembly? Grateful for any assistance. Thanks ...

Auto fill & search in a list
Using XL97 I need users to type in a number .i.e. 12001 which automatically looks for a matching value in a list stored on another sheet. 12001 = Farming, thus returning Farming to a cell! Please can anyone help? Cheers Armadillo :-) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Armadillo, Use vlookup. =vlookup(a2,sheet1!A2:c2000,2,false) where; a2 is cell containing value to lookup (12001) sheet1!a2:c2000 is the table containing the reference number an...

Re: Auto Forwarding email to another account
Does anybody know how auto forward email coming to your outlook inbox to another email account. Thanks. You can set up a rule to do this. See Tools|Rules Wizard while you are in you inbox folder. Create a new rule that says to movemessages when they arrive|with my name in the To or cc box|forward to people or distribution list|and then any exceptions. On the forward to people or distribution list portion, click on the underlined link in the rules description box at the bottom and supply the email address you want it forwarded to. >-----Original Message----- >Does anybody kn...

Auto Reply with attachment
I have Outlook Express 6 (2004). 2 Questions (1) How do I set up auto reply? (2) Can you send out auto reply with an attachment. Thanks. Ken N. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service P...

Apply Recipient Update Policy to users in 1 OU
How do I properly configure a filter rule for an Exchange (2003) recipient policy so that it only applies to a specific OU? I want users created within 1 OU to have a recipient policy applied to it. That policy will only apply to users in that OU so it will have a higher priority than the default recipient policy. I've created such a policy and the syntax looked like this, where OU is Tampa but the policy never applied to users in the OU. (&(ou>="")(name=Tampa*)) I found this http://msdn.itags.org/exchange-server/157858/ which says you can...

Archives not in my Outlook list
Hi I archived some important files without having ticked the 'archives to appear in folder list'option(I don't know the exact wording in English version of Outlook). Now, I know where the files are but I cannot get into them as they don't appear in the file list when I open Outlook. There is no restore button either. How can I get them back into my lsit and so access them? Thanks in advance On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:50:54 -0700, "Dave Neve" <dave.neve@free.fr> wrote: >Hi > >I archived some important files without having ticked >the 'archives...

Applying a formula to a cell
I would like to set up a button in a spreadsheet that adds 2 years to the value of of the currently selected cell containing a date. the forumla would look something like this: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A2),DAY(A3)) but is there a way I can have this formula applied to a cell when I press a button? I would like the cell to contain the result, rather than the formula. Thanks guys. On Aug 14, 12:02 pm, Tom Roberts <TomRobe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to set up a button in a spreadsheet that adds 2 years to the > value of of the currently selected cell contai...

exchange 2003 archiving outlook 2003 problem
has anyone had this problem yet? i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old archived messages are still online in the inbox?? how the heck. i tried it for multiple accounts and multiple computers, still the same problem. i don't understand what might be causing this. archiving to a pst... -- nick Had same problem with user. But when the user was an administrator. Try that. Jeff "Nicholas Oneil" wrote: > has anyone had this problem yet? > > i am performing an archive and then when the archive is complete the old > archived...

Auto Save & Temp Files
Hi, I am running Microsoft Office 2003 on windows Xp. I took my laptop home from work and still had a document open and carried on working on it. However, i obviously lost the connection from the office. When i went to save it in My Docs something happened and lost the file. Will there be an autosave version in a tempoary file? Anyone Help? Thanks David In article <44CDEEAB-5CDD-4425-A1C8-599B45589E97@microsoft.com>, David Harrison wrote: > Hi, I am running Microsoft Office 2003 on windows Xp. > > I took my laptop home from work and still had a document...