Apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 box?

Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do is
handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.

TIA.
0
kage13 (32)

Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on
builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do
> is
> handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.
>
> TIA.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
2/21/2007 6:21:36 PM
Thanks for the reply Bharat...
Mind if go in a different direction...hopefully you'll have some knowledge
on this, but I've been reading a few conflicting posts on the order in which
to apply the updates for E2k3 and BES.
RIM says to apply the updates in this fashion:
1. patch OS for MS servers and BES servers (kb929388 & kb931836)
2. patch OS of clients (kb929388 & kb931836)
3. patch BB device OS
4. Run RIM's Send As tool
5. patch BES and E2k3 servers with CDO updates (kb926666)
6. run Exchange Update Tool to update existing calendar mtgs. out of time

Its nice that RIM has this step-by-step process, but does MS say an
appropriate order is, if any at all?

TIA.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on
> builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do
> > is
> > handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.
> >
> > TIA.

0
kage13 (32)
2/21/2007 6:42:05 PM
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:00:23 -0800, kage13
<kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do is
>handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.
>
>TIA.

Since these are CDO updates, you should apply to the FE first before
the BE servers if you are applying in phases.
0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2007 7:21:25 PM
Thanks Andy, good piece of info.

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:00:23 -0800, kage13
> <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they do is
> >handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.
> >
> >TIA.
>

> Since these are CDO updates, you should apply to the FE first before
> the BE servers if you are applying in phases.

0
kage13 (32)
2/21/2007 7:30:07 PM
MS has elaborate guidance (some would argue it borders on the excessive side
in this case... ):
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues

Exact order:
1. Apply updates to Windows servers
2. Apply updates to Windows clients
3. Apply Exchange DST update
4. Run Time Zone Update tool (against all Exchange servers, or have users
run the Outlook TZ Update Tool, or a mix of both where the server tool only
modifies recurring calendar items and clients update their own
single-instance items)

--

> Thanks for the reply Bharat...
> Mind if go in a different direction...hopefully you'll have some knowledge
> on this, but I've been reading a few conflicting posts on the order in
> which
> to apply the updates for E2k3 and BES.
> RIM says to apply the updates in this fashion:
> 1. patch OS for MS servers and BES servers (kb929388 & kb931836)
> 2. patch OS of clients (kb929388 & kb931836)
> 3. patch BB device OS
> 4. Run RIM's Send As tool
> 5. patch BES and E2k3 servers with CDO updates (kb926666)
> 6. run Exchange Update Tool to update existing calendar mtgs. out of time
>
> Its nice that RIM has this step-by-step process, but does MS say an
> appropriate order is, if any at all?
>
> TIA.
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on
>> builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs.
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a need to apply KB926666 on FE E2k3 SP2 servers since all they
>> > do
>> > is
>> > handle the HTTP requests and direct as needed.
>> >
>> > TIA.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/21/2007 9:17:53 PM
You know I did read this awhile back....brain freeze with all the DST 2007
articles and forum posts....thanks for the refresh.
However, it still conflicts in step process when compared to RIM's
suggestion.  If I were merely running an Exchange 2k3 enviornment then it'd
be a piece of cake to follow the order, MS hands down.  BUT, I'm not b/c I am
also running BES 4.1....soooo which do I follow or is there a combined
procedure somewhere?

Ex.
1. patch all client OS's
2. patch all server OS's
3. patch Exchange
4. update calendars
5. patch BB handhelds
6. patch BES

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> MS has elaborate guidance (some would argue it borders on the excessive side
> in this case... ):
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues
>
> Exact order:
> 1. Apply updates to Windows servers
> 2. Apply updates to Windows clients
> 3. Apply Exchange DST update
> 4. Run Time Zone Update tool (against all Exchange servers, or have users
> run the Outlook TZ Update Tool, or a mix of both where the server tool only
> modifies recurring calendar items and clients update their own
> single-instance items)
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply Bharat...
> > Mind if go in a different direction...hopefully you'll have some knowledge
> > on this, but I've been reading a few conflicting posts on the order in
> > which
> > to apply the updates for E2k3 and BES.
> > RIM says to apply the updates in this fashion:
> > 1. patch OS for MS servers and BES servers (kb929388 & kb931836)
> > 2. patch OS of clients (kb929388 & kb931836)
> > 3. patch BB device OS
> > 4. Run RIM's Send As tool
> > 5. patch BES and E2k3 servers with CDO updates (kb926666)
> > 6. run Exchange Update Tool to update existing calendar mtgs. out of time
> >
> > Its nice that RIM has this step-by-step process, but does MS say an
> > appropriate order is, if any at all?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on
> >> builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:
> >> exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
kage13 (32)
2/21/2007 9:30:21 PM

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> MS has elaborate guidance (some would argue it borders on the excessive side
> in this case... ):
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues
>
> Exact order:
> 1. Apply updates to Windows servers
> 2. Apply updates to Windows clients
> 3. Apply Exchange DST update
> 4. Run Time Zone Update tool (against all Exchange servers, or have users
> run the Outlook TZ Update Tool, or a mix of both where the server tool only
> modifies recurring calendar items and clients update their own
> single-instance items)

Hello Bharat,

I ran the MSEXTMZCFG.exe tool and it had the calender updates. Once finished
the instructions say, to run the "BATCH" file. Is this update really that
straight forward, or am I missing something? I see it created serveral files
as the documentation stated. I actually had no Errors or user conflicts. I
just feel like I am missing something. Thanks for your time.

> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply Bharat...
> > Mind if go in a different direction...hopefully you'll have some knowledge
> > on this, but I've been reading a few conflicting posts on the order in
> > which
> > to apply the updates for E2k3 and BES.
> > RIM says to apply the updates in this fashion:
> > 1. patch OS for MS servers and BES servers (kb929388 & kb931836)
> > 2. patch OS of clients (kb929388 & kb931836)
> > 3. patch BB device OS
> > 4. Run RIM's Send As tool
> > 5. patch BES and E2k3 servers with CDO updates (kb926666)
> > 6. run Exchange Update Tool to update existing calendar mtgs. out of time
> >
> > Its nice that RIM has this step-by-step process, but does MS say an
> > appropriate order is, if any at all?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Though all processing happens on the BE, it is advisable to have FEs on
> >> builds that are equal to or higher than the BEs.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:
> >> exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jason4159 (666)
2/22/2007 12:14:03 AM
The CFG tool automates the whole process, creates a folder for each server
that has the required input files, and also provides a batch file to invote
the update tool with necessary parameters. Run the batch file to actually
update/process items in mailboxes. If you have more than 1 Exchange servers,
you will see more than 1 sub-directories - 1 for each server. Run batch
files in each.

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> MS has elaborate guidance (some would argue it borders on the excessive
>> side
>> in this case... ):
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues
>>
>> Exact order:
>> 1. Apply updates to Windows servers
>> 2. Apply updates to Windows clients
>> 3. Apply Exchange DST update
>> 4. Run Time Zone Update tool (against all Exchange servers, or have users
>> run the Outlook TZ Update Tool, or a mix of both where the server tool
>> only
>> modifies recurring calendar items and clients update their own
>> single-instance items)
>
> Hello Bharat,
>
> I ran the MSEXTMZCFG.exe tool and it had the calender updates. Once
> finished
> the instructions say, to run the "BATCH" file. Is this update really that
> straight forward, or am I missing something? I see it created serveral
> files
> as the documentation stated. I actually had no Errors or user conflicts. I
> just feel like I am missing something. Thanks for your time.

>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the reply Bharat...
>> > Mind if go in a different direction...hopefully you'll have some
>> > knowledge
>> > on this, but I've been reading a few conflicting posts on the order in
>> > which
>> > to apply the updates for E2k3 and BES.
>> > RIM says to apply the updates in this fashion:
>> > 1. patch OS for MS servers and BES servers (kb929388 & kb931836)
>> > 2. patch OS of clients (kb929388 & kb931836)
>> > 3. patch BB device OS
>> > 4. Run RIM's Send As tool
>> > 5. patch BES and E2k3 servers with CDO updates (kb926666)
>> > 6. run Exchange Update Tool to update existing calendar mtgs. out of
>> > time
>> >
>> > Its nice that RIM has this step-by-step process, but does MS say an
>> > appropriate order is, if any at all?
>> >
>> > TIA.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
2/22/2007 3:29:52 PM
Hello Bharat,

I did all of the following steps and was able to run the automation tool. It
worked great with one flaw. I have an application called, ProLaw, that
updates users calenders. This application does not send out calender invites
but places events on users calenders. After running the tool, I noticed none
of the ProLaw calender updates were made.
My question, is this tool only based on user calenders and invites? Why
would it miss events placed by a 3rd party application? Thanks always.

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> The CFG tool automates the whole process, creates a folder for each server
> that has the required input files, and also provides a batch file to invote
> the update tool with necessary parameters. Run the batch file to actually
> update/process items in mailboxes. If you have more than 1 Exchange servers,
> you will see more than 1 sub-directories - 1 for each server. Run batch
> files in each.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> MS has elaborate guidance (some would argue it borders on the excessive
> >> side
> >> in this case... ):
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues
> >>
> >> Exact order:
> >> 1. Apply updates to Windows servers
> >> 2. Apply updates to Windows clients
> >> 3. Apply Exchange DST update
> >> 4. Run Time Zone Update tool (against all Exchange servers, or have users
> >> run the Outlook TZ Update Tool, or a mix of both where the server tool
> >> only
> >> modifies recurring calendar items and clients update their own
> >> single-instance items)
> >
> > Hello Bharat,
> >
> > I ran the MSEXTMZCFG.exe tool and it had the calender updates. Once
> > finished
> > the instructions say, to run the "BATCH" file. Is this update really that
> > straight forward, or am I missing something? I see it created serveral
> > files
> > as the documentation stated. I actually had no Errors or user conflicts. I
> > just feel like I am missing something. Thanks for your time.

> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MVP - Exchange
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> NEW blog location:
> >> exchangepedia.com/blog
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> "kage13" <kage13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jason4159 (666)
2/23/2007 4:40:05 AM
You would have to contact the vendor to determine why - it probably uses
CDO, like BlackBerry. Best guess at this point - it probably requires Send
As permission on the Information Store, which is separated from Full Mailbox
Access. You may need to explicitly grant Send As permission to the account
that's creating those items if that's the case.

--

> Hello Bharat,
>
> I did all of the following steps and was able to run the automation tool.
> It
> worked great with one flaw. I have an application called, ProLaw, that
> updates users calenders. This application does not send out calender
> invites
> but places events on users calenders. After running the tool, I noticed
> none
> of the ProLaw calender updates were made.
> My question, is this tool only based on user calenders and invites? Why
> would it miss events placed by a 3rd party application? Thanks always.
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The CFG tool automates the whole process, creates a folder for each
>> server
>> that has the required input files, and also provides a batch file to
>> invote
>> the update tool with necessary parameters. Run the batch file to actually
>> update/process items in mailboxes. If you have more than 1 Exchange
>> servers,
>> you will see more than 1 sub-directories - 1 for each server. Run batch
>> files in each.
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Hello Bharat,
>> >
>> > I ran the MSEXTMZCFG.exe tool and it had the calender updates. Once
>> > finished
>> > the instructions say, to run the "BATCH" file. Is this update really
>> > that
>> > straight forward, or am I missing something? I see it created serveral
>> > files
>> > as the documentation stated. I actually had no Errors or user
>> > conflicts. I
>> > just feel like I am missing something. Thanks for your time.

0
bharat3597 (1006)

Make a text box fit the value inside
In my report design view, I have a text box which is filled with blue color. When I view the report in print preview, the box always remains the same size depsite the length of characters of the value. I want the entire value to fit on one line. Values range from two characters to 30 characters in size. Selecting "yes" for "can grow" or "can shrink" for the text box properties does not make a difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! *Glen* Glen, Check the Detail Section have you set that to Can Grow = Yes? (I am, of course, assuming ...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Credit Card Text Box
Whenever I download my statements I always get a textbox relating to my Credit Card asking me to "Choose a Money account" even though all the account details are correct. Any ideas on how to avoid this slight irritation? Money Deluxe Version 12 OEM It sounds like you are downloading a QIF file. If it was an OFX file it would remember the account. QIF files do not contain sufficient information to figure out what account it goes with. "John" <Training.JPlant@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jzV0i.4098$Wf.3499@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net... > Whenever I download m...

Using text boxes and command buttons to search
hi i am using excel 2000, i have a few columns but the main ones are: Christian Name Surname Employee Number i want to have a text box or combo box at the sheet for each serach, they will only be, Surname and employee number, when i typ in for example bloggs into the surname text box and click the command button "next" i want it to find every entry in the surname column matching the word bloggs, and the same with employee number? but i have no idea how? i have created the text box and button but dont know what to do with them? is this the best way? this is...

2 accts Outlook 1 is misspelled how correct spelling in drop box
The person who set up 2 accts for me in Outlook misspelled one mailbox name in the drop down box I see on start up. It does NOT affect function. How can I correct the spelling?? In news:BEAA109A-B85B-48AE-A801-A81D2732A992@microsoft.com, SamRN <SamRN@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > The person who set up 2 accts for me in Outlook misspelled one > mailbox name in the drop down box I see on start up. It does NOT > affect function. How can I correct the spelling?? Tools, accounts, view or change, highlight it, ...

Combo box and Linkedcell does not work in Excel 2003
Hi programmers, I created a combo box in Excel 2000 and a linkedcell. They worked very well. I updated to Excel 2003, and they don't work well any more. The problem is when I click down arrow to select a name in Combo box, it shows an error message as said that the linked cell must be unlocked. I have to locked the linked cell. Otherwise, everybody can change data in the linked cell. However, if I click on the middle of the combo box, it works well; and if I click on the down arrow, it shows error message. Any one knows how to fix this problem? Please help me. Thank you. Tv...

OWA
I have two front end servers with a NLB host name as Mail Two FE servers are members of this NLB I have one cluster exchange server Problem :- If I reboot one of the cluster servers then OWA stop working if I try to access using NLB host name But if I try direcly connecting my OWA to FE1 or FE2 then OWA works If I restart NLB then the NLB host can open OWA Anyone know what could be wrong ? ...

inability to apply formulas
I am need of some assistance. Please let me know if you can help me re-format some data. I copied data from a list and saved it into an excel spreadsheet. When I attempt to apply a formula to this data I get VALUE errors. I can re-key the numbers into the same cells and then the formula will work?? How can I convert, or re-format this data (it is all numbers) into a recognizable format? I have over 13,200 cells to work with. Thanks for your assistance in addvancxe. -- Paul Without knowing the type of data you pasted and the formulas you are attempting to apply to that data, it ...

Text box linked to datasheet
I need to insert a datum (using a text box) linked to the datum in the datasheet. I also need that the chart datum will update automatically with a change in the source datum in the datasheet. So far I have managed to insert a datum in the chart by opening a text box in the chart and then entering =spreadsheetname!datumcell. The problem is that this will not update automatically after the workbook is saved, closed and reopened. I need a link that works like a hyperlink. The only, less satisfactory, solution which I think will work is to put sneak the datum across to the chart as a lable ...

Outlook 2003 in E2K3 environment going offline
What causes an Outlook 2003 Client in an Exchange 2003 environment on a networked workstation to trip into OFFLINE mode? Where can I begin to look to troubleshoot this issue? Carl ...

Unbound text boxes in a Sub Form
I have a subform which has a default view of "Continuous forms". On this form I have several unbound text boxes to display data from other tables. This data does not need to be saved to the sub form record source as it is for display purposes only. The data is used to determine an appropriate sell price for a product. The table that the sub form is linked to is an SQL Server table. The unbound text boxes work well when there is only one record. As soon as I add a second record and update these unbound text boxes the values become the same on all records (rows). I need ...

Refresh Text box after update
I have a combo box that has 8 fields in it. Once you make a selection in the combo box it only shows the first field. I was putting text boxes on the form next to the combo box to show the 7 fields that do not show. I was using the following code in the txt box control source - =[Name of the combo box].[Column](3) (which will display the value of the 4th column since counting starts at 0 - so 1st column =0 etc. My problem is that when the form is open the text boxes show the first selection but when I make another choice in the combo box, my text boxes do not update. What else shoul...

A couple of list box problems
I have a form named 'Patient Information Form'. This is my main form. On this form I have a unbound list box that shows all the visits for all the patients. Problem #1 - I need the list box to only display the specific visits for that patient on the main form 'Patient Information Form' at that time. Problem #2 - I want to click on a specific visit date in the list box and open another form named 'Doctor Visit form' and edit the data. The issue I have, when I do click the data is the form opens with no problem. However it always goes to a form wit...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

Apply return directly to a document
How I can apply an return directly to an customer's invoice, without use the Apply Sales Documents option? -- Todo es posible si te lo propones. There is no way to do that. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "jbatista" <jbatista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF146704-0485-4B6F-BA80-E65FC0669F0C@microsoft.com... > How I can apply an return directly to an customer's invoice, without use > the > Apply Sales Documents option? > -- > Todo es posible si te lo propones. On Nov 20, 12:00 pm, "Victoria [...

Excel &VB - If/ElseIf
Hello All! I am a struggling new user and probably not even close in the proper way to use VB, so my apologies if my question makes you cringe! Here's what I have: Cell AH68 is connected to 3 radio buttons, which means AH68 will display a "0" if no buttons are selected "1" , "2", or "3" depending on which button is selected. The EXCEL Side: If AH68 = "0" or "1", a message appears in another cell (W66) stating "This information is required"; otherwise, if AH68 = "2" or "3", W66 states...

Message Box
Below is my message box. I want the 2 sentances to be on 2 separate lines. How to I get a return key inbetween them to do that? MsgBox ("IF IMPORT WAS SUCCESSFUL click 'MOVE RECORD LIST TO DRIVER LIST' to finish the import. IF THE RECORDS DID NOT IMPORT CORRECTLY click 'CANCEL IMPORT' and start over.") Try this. Note that Excel might use 2 lines for either sentence, but it will definitely start a new line for the second sentence. Note that I removed the parentheses. HTH Otto MsgBox "IF IMPORT WAS SUCCESSFUL click 'MOVE RECORD L...

How do I host email for two separate organizations on 1 box?
Hi everyone, I am currently hosting my company's email on Exch 2000 and I want to host another company's email on the same box. How do I do this?? I have tried changing the recipient policy but to no avail. When I want to generate a new user in AD, all I get is an option to create a user for already hosted organzation. I've already set up a separate public folder tree, Information Store, etc. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Can anyone help me?? It would be very much appreciated Riyat The simplest way I know is to add these accounts to your current ADS and Exchange serv...

Applying a color swatch to greyscale/duotone image (like in InDesi
With InDesign (and i think PageMaker), if you have a grayscale image, you can drag a color swatch over to it and it colorizes all the black areas to a color. Is this possible to do in Publisher 2003 somehow? Select your image, right-click, format picture, picture tab, recolor... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:918A0F36-2272-46C6-AFF6-06CF74744418@microsoft.com... > With InDesign (and i think PageMaker), if you have a grayscale image, y...

Variables Accross two Message boxes
I am probably missing something obvious here, However ... I have an input form that takes informationnfrom the user by way of employee no, or Nat Ins No ... Once one of there fields are entered the user uses a select button which opens another form which supplies all personal details of the individual I am struggling to have the second form see the variables entered on the First Can anyone help Please ??? Are we talking userforms here? If so, as long as you don't unload the first, you reference back like so myVal = Userform1.TextBox1.Text -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the ...

adding a box sideways
am tring to add a box sideways just in 1 row not all the rows is that poseble ? when i try it adds a hole colum You cannot. You can insert an entire column or an entire row. Other options to make it look that way --Enter some data in cells A1:A3 and in cell B2. Select A1:B1 >Right click>Format cells>Alignment>In 'Text Alignment' under Horizontal select 'Centre across selection' and click OK. Do the same with A3:B3 --Another option is to merge the cells (not recommended due to various reasons) Select A1:B1>Right click>Format cells>Alignmen...

print styles dialog box
Something changed within Outlook 2002 when I print emails. I am now presented with the Print Styles dialog box instead of options for the print driver itself. I used to be able to File, Print when an email was open and select some options for printing. I am now presented with the Print Styles dialog box. What happened? -- Joe Germanoski MCSE, MCP+I joegerm@hotmail.com JoeGerm <joegerm@gmail.com> wrote: > Something changed within Outlook 2002 when I print emails. I am now > presented with the Print Styles dialog box instead of options for the > print driver itself. I u...

Macros error box
Whenever I close outlook or other Microsoft programs I get the following error. "Microsoft Visual Basic "the mactos in this project ar diabled refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros" I don't use macros and have never set any up with any program how do I get this pop up box to go away? Thanks in advance for your help. Perri ...

Apply value of a combo box as a filter
i would like to filter through records on a form using a combo box list. I want the user to be able to select an item in the combo box and have the records filtered to that value. I am able to do this with a Value List RowSourceType and a finite RowSource of items. However, I want the RowSource to be an SQL statement so it will dynamically update as new items are added to the table. The RowSource works fine. However, when I try to use the DoCmd.ApplyFilter statement, it pops up a Enter Parameter Value box. Here's the code I am using with the ApplyFilter command: Dim stEquipI...