Antigen 8.5 for Exchange

I have antigen installed on my 2003 exchange for virus and spam. Over the
last couple of weeks it has reduce the performance of my exchange server
greatly. It has come to the point where I had to uninstall it. The error
message that keep showing in the event viewer is " Realtime scan has exceeded
the allotted time. I tried rebooting the server and still the same issue.
0
fanman36 (28)

You'll need to call Sybari (now owned by Microsoft) for that. You may also
get an email alert when this happens, and some alerts will say you need to
call Sybari.

In the past such issues occurred because of deeply nested items or zipped
attachments (zip in another zip in another zip archive.... ), and installing
the current build would fix it, in addition to certain registry entries
Sybari may have you insert.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have antigen installed on my 2003 exchange for virus and spam. Over the
> last couple of weeks it has reduce the performance of my exchange server
> greatly. It has come to the point where I had to uninstall it. The error
> message that keep showing in the event viewer is " Realtime scan has
> exceeded
> the allotted time. I tried rebooting the server and still the same issue.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/13/2005 7:26:01 PM
thanks I will call their suppport.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> You'll need to call Sybari (now owned by Microsoft) for that. You may also
> get an email alert when this happens, and some alerts will say you need to
> call Sybari.
>
> In the past such issues occurred because of deeply nested items or zipped
> attachments (zip in another zip in another zip archive.... ), and installing
> the current build would fix it, in addition to certain registry entries
> Sybari may have you insert.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>
> "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have antigen installed on my 2003 exchange for virus and spam. Over the
> > last couple of weeks it has reduce the performance of my exchange server
> > greatly. It has come to the point where I had to uninstall it. The error
> > message that keep showing in the event viewer is " Realtime scan has
> > exceeded
> > the allotted time. I tried rebooting the server and still the same issue.

0
fanman36 (28)
10/13/2005 7:34:04 PM
"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>You'll need to call Sybari (now owned by Microsoft) for that. You may also
>get an email alert when this happens, and some alerts will say you need to
>call Sybari.
>
>In the past such issues occurred because of deeply nested items or zipped
>attachments (zip in another zip in another zip archive.... ), and installing
>the current build would fix it, in addition to certain registry entries
>Sybari may have you insert.

We've had this problem sporadically over the last couple of years,
moving from release to release. It's hardly ever been associated with
nested zip files (you can instruct Antigen to stop after "X" levels).
We've had the problem more frequently with messages using Japanese
character sets, but the same symptoms would also appear with other
character sets.

Depending on the size of the attachments being scanned, he may be able
to increase the timeout value to avoid the problem. But a call to
Sybari (Microsoft) support will get him to the right people to answer
the question. He probably has a support contract with Sybari and he'll
be routed to the right people by the call coordinators at MS.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:
>
> >You'll need to call Sybari (now owned by Microsoft) for that. You may also
> >get an email alert when this happens, and some alerts will say you need to
> >call Sybari.
> >
> >In the past such issues occurred because of deeply nested items or zipped
> >attachments (zip in another zip in another zip archive.... ), and installing
> >the current build would fix it, in addition to certain registry entries
> >Sybari may have you insert.
>
> We've had this problem sporadically over the last couple of years,
> moving from release to release. It's hardly ever been associated with
> nested zip files (you can instruct Antigen to stop after "X" levels).
> We've had the problem more frequently with messages using Japanese
> character sets, but the same symptoms would also appear with other
> character sets.
>
> Depending on the size of the attachments being scanned, he may be able
> to increase the timeout value to avoid the problem. But a call to
> Sybari (Microsoft) support will get him to the right people to answer
> the question. He probably has a support contract with Sybari and he'll
> be routed to the right people by the call coordinators at MS.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

fanman36 (28)

Exchange Server 2003 #6
We have encountered an issue with our exchange environment. We have roughly 20 rooms created as resources configured with auto-accept. Recently we have noticed that when a user books a room the auto-accept accept agent accepts the appointmnet and schedules it in the rooms calendar. However the problem arises when other users attempt to book the room for the same time , if they check the rooms free busy data it appears to be free. However when they try to book it for a time that clashes with another appointment the auto-accept will notify the user of the room is booked. So our problem is...

Exchange Server Migration Wizard problem
I am trying to migrate mailboxes to a new domain. The current domain is on the public Internet and the new domain is on a private network seperated by an ISA 2000/Server 2003 computer. Exchange 2000 is running in the current domain and Server 2003/Exchange 2003 are running iin the new domain. I created a VPN from the current domain to the ISA firewall and then established trust relationships between the two domains. I then ran the Active Directory Migration Tool (version 2) and migrated a test user account. I then attempted to run the Exchange Server Migration Wizard from Exchange 2003 i...

Anti-virus software for Exchange 2003
Hi, I need to install anti-virus software on my Exchange 2003 server. Can anyone recommend a good one for me? Thanks in advance! Lisa Try Microsoft Antigen or GFI MailSecurity. "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 31B974BA-1A8D-493F-951B-F6FD27FA037A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to install anti-virus software on my Exchange 2003 server. Can > anyone recommend a good one for me? > > Thanks in advance! > > Lisa Thank you Leakim for your reply. One more question. Is Microsoft Antigen for free? Thanks again, Lisa ...

New Exchange Mail Account in Window 7
I am using Win 7 (64-bit) and have installed Office 2010 beta (64-bit). I am trying to install a user in Outlook 2010 to use an existing Exchange account. I am being told I need to open the User tab in Control Panel and under the profile I need to add to go to Mail. I cannot find the Mail portion of the User profile in Win 7 Control Panel. I had a similar situation in Vista 64 using Outlook 2007, but then I found the place to add an Exchange mail user in the Control Panel 32-bit section. I am going in circles, please help me stop. Resolved "Michael P" wrote: > I...

IE 7, IE 8 and proxy.pac files
Our proxy.pac files no longer work since upgrading to IE7 or IE8. They were pretty basic.... if the laptop was inside our subnet, enforce proxy. If not in subnet, go direct to internet. Anyone got a proxy.pac file that works with IE7 or 8? Bill wrote: > Our proxy.pac files no longer work since upgrading to IE7 or IE8. They were > pretty basic.... if the laptop was inside our subnet, enforce proxy. If not > in subnet, go direct to internet. > > Anyone got a proxy.pac file that works with IE7 or 8? Guess you'll need to go to whomever wrote the proxy...

exchange & owa
Hello all. Wondering if anyone could help me see the light. I have > an exchange cluster with two nodes. I also have two nlb owa 2003 > machines. I roll my exchange cluster every weekend, so that if I > have windows update, i'll have a node that I can roll back to if the > update causes problems. When I do roll my exchange cluster, i can no > longer access mail via owa. I know this is probably a pretty simple > situation for most of you, but I'm not sure what to do to get my owa > access back up. Thanks! Shannon What happens when you try? soneill wrote: ...

2 mirrored exchange servers
I am currently running an AD windows 2000 domain. with exchange server. for redundancy and for OWA I would like to setup a remote exchange 2003 server in a data center that is basically a mirror or the exchange server i have on the LAN. Please could anyone point me to any documentation that references how to synchonize 2 exchange servers so that the accounts and mail are identical on both boxes. Any help appreciated.... Thanks. InOrbit <lostinorbit@bigfoot.com> wrote: >I am currently running an AD windows 2000 domain. with exchange >server. > >for redundancy and for OWA ...

Imcdata in Exchange 5.5
Hi "Imcdata" In this folder there are 5 folders, one called in and one called out. My questions are what are stored in these folders and what would happen if I emptied these ? Paul Well, quite simply they are the ims working directories . This should explain it all: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/plan/inims.mspx Why do you want to empty them? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:57:22 -0700, "Paul" <paulfuller@nor-cargo.com> wrote: >Hi >"Imcdata" In this folder there are 5 folders, one called >in and one called out. >My que...

Splitting our Exchange 2003 Ent Database
Out Exchange 2003 private DB is 100GB. We are getting users saying it is slow/sluggish sometimes. Ther is a Dual Xeon Dell Server, with 4GB Mem, 2 disks as RAID 1 for OS, 5 disk as RAID 5 for DB and transactions. Users use Outlook 2k and 2003. We are thinking of creating a new storage group and putting a couple of departments in it then doing an offline defrag of both DB's and the public DB. Would this provide better performance? If so why? Thanks You may want to download and run this to get an idea of where the bottleneck(s) are. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details....

Manually remove exchange from AD
Like this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q273478&ID=KB;EN-US;Q273478 Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

GP 7.5 setup problem
When I run the CDSetup.exe (on win2k) I get this error. SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. The caption in the message box reads: "16 bit Windows Subsystem" Any ideas? dmy Seems strange for you to get this message: Try the following KB URL to see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254914 Regards J "dm_dal" <REMOVE_THIS.dmy75252@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cDL3F3YEHA.712@TK2MSFTN...

Moving Exchange Server 2000 to a new box
I have Exchange Server 2000 running on Server1. I want to move everything to Server2 and remove it from Server1. Can anyone direct me to documentation on doing this? Server1 is running out of disk & horsepower. Install new server in Exchange Org (by default installed in same Admin group). Move mailboxes, replicate public folders. Follow kba 307917 to remove old server. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "pasvorto" <pasvorto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15771012-E135-4BD7-B4DA-...

NDR #5.1.8
Never seen this before. New 2003 install and on only a few sending domains we get this NDR: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'gporter@sppc.com' on 1/15/2004 4:33 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <twcexch.TWC.local #5.1.8 smtp;553 5.1.8 <DWayman@twcconstruction.com>... Domain of sender address DWayman@twcconstruction.com does not exist> Any Suggestions? Thanks "Ter...

Outlook 2007 and Exchange
Hi, I have a user who got the good idea tu upgrade Outlook 2000 tp 2007 version. We do run an Exchange 2000 server here with 2000 Outlook clients. So now, from the Outlook 2007 version, we can't send email on the local domain anymore. We end up with the 550 error user unknown. I can delete and creat the account and the Outlook will detect the user name and the exchange server name as well but it just can't send it out. There is a smtp account configured on the same PC and it works fine. So why is sending to exchange won't work?, Thanks in adance. Steve -- ...

=?UTF-8?B?UmVtaW5kZXIgLSBNaWNyb3NvZnQgUmVzcG9uZHMgdG8gdGhlIEV2b2x1dGlvbiBvZiBDb21tdW5pdHk=?= #2
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redund...

Calculating average based on 7 days or 5 days
Hi all, I am trying to generate an average based on two criteria. I have column A as the date that covers every day of a month, column B is colour (i.e. blue, red, yellow, etc), and column C a number, column D is the total. Every day column D updates automatically based on the date. I must fill in the number or colour. If I was to fill in colour then it is simple as it covers every day of the month. But, if I was to fill in the number, I only want it to calculate the average over networkdays for the month but only up to that the numbers that I have entered. Is it possible? Thank yo...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNTI1MDE=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

5.5 to 2003 migration failed.
I migrated from 5.5 to 2003 I followed the directions in the "Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide" I set up the connection and suposedly the public folder migration. I let it sit like that for about a month. Well now I finally turned of the 5.5 server and my public folders are no longer accessable. The folder tree shows up in outlook but I get the error unable to display when accessing them. I turned the 5.5 server back on and they are back. What did I miss? It sounds like the hierarchy is there (via pfmigrate, I assume), but no content. Try forcing the replication of each folde...

Problems with Cached exchange mode
I've posted a question several days ago regarding problems with Cached exchange mode It is similar to the phenomena described in this forum: Subject: Inbox missing items in cached mode 9/15/2005 5:01 PM PST: Some Outlook Inbox items don't appear in Cached exchange mode. If I uncheck cached mode, all the Inbox items appear. The problem is solved when I moved all messaged to other folder! I am now sure it is related to non-english messages I recieved (from Italy) or messages from IBM Lotus notes mail. I didn't isolate the exact problematic message yet but from some reason it...

Subtracting dates: 8/31/05-8/1/05?
I am trying to subtract the current date from the last business day of the month, both being business days only. So today is 7/26/05 and last business day is 7/29/05, so 7/29/05-7/26/05 = 3 days. I have one cell with the current date. So that cell minus last business day equals the balance of the month. Any help is appreciated, thanks. -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390198 Try ...

Symantec Security for Exchange
Anyone have problems installing Symantec Mail Secuity for Microsoft Exchange? The new Exchange antivirus version from Symantec. 5.X (I have worked with Symantec support to no avail) Standar Exchange 2003 patched to date Standard Server 2003 patched to date The setup barely begins and.. Installsheild Wizard reports: The wizard was interrupted before Symantec mail Secuirty for Microsoft Exchange could be completed... Please run setup again. All Windows has to say: Event ID 11708 Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11708 Date: 12/26/2006 Time: ...

CRM 3 Integration with GP 8
HI Have any one tried the integration of CRM 3 with GP8 if yes can you give details about how smooth this operation went through and what are the major obstacles you faced if any and if you have integration plan if would be great of You regards Nader Last I heard this won't ship until March. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Nader Yousef" <NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B864BA97-AD56-4B59-BFD9-EE1117CDFF34@microsoft.com... HI Have any one tried the integration of CRM 3 with GP8 if yes can you give details about how smooth this oper...

Exchange 2003 server dropping attachments
We've been having an intermittant problem that I finally have been able to pinpoint to our server. It seems that our server drops attachments sometimes. The attachments can be pdf's, doc's, xls, wpd; doesn't seem to be any The message goes through however no attachment. If the original sender fwd's the original message it seems to go through. It's intermittant but it's still a nuisance. Anyone have any ideas? Are the users accessing the emails via OWA or Outlook ? Is it always the same users this happens to ? Get the header of a message that works and one...

Tool to find out any rules set in the exchange org
Hi Guys! Is there a tool which can list any rule set on the exchange server and list the content of the rule? I would like to get an overview how many and which rules are set by users in my exchange org. Thanxs for your answers! Peter "Gamharter, Peter" <GamharterPeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool which can list any rule set on the exchange server and list >the content of the rule? I wish! -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott...

Exchange Auditing
Hi All, Is there a way of monitoring incoming/outgoing mail for a specific mailbox. All users in the copmany are aware that mail is monitored, so there's no issues with that as it is included in their signed contracts, but we have a suspicion that someone is passing on confidential info to one of our competitors. I know for incoming I can just set up and alternative recipient, but how do you monitor outgoing? Cheers for any info on this. Mark On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:30:37 GMT, "Mark Griffiths" <mark.griffiths687@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Hi All, >Is there a way...