Alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003

I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover
some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The problem is that i have to use
a robot tape changer in my production segment to read my backup tape. How can
i build an active directory infrastructure with the same name as my
production directory without being in trouble?

Thanks
0
Daystrom (2)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:13:08 -0700, "Daystrom"
<Daystrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover
>some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The problem is that i have to use
>a robot tape changer in my production segment to read my backup tape. How can
>i build an active directory infrastructure with the same name as my
>production directory without being in trouble?
>
>Thanks

Here's something for you to consider. MS do their backups by backing
Exchange up to a backup file and then spooling that file to tape. By
doing that they can restore the backup file to disk and then copy that
file anywhere they want, even a staging box that can sit on or span
both networks. Once it's where you want it you can restore that backup
to what the backup thinks is the "original" location. Cunning eh?

It's by far the best way to do backups, especailly if you're swimming
in billions of dollars and have disk coming out of your ears.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Error when trying to backup AutoCorrect in Word 2003
I have followed the directions for backing up AutoCorrect but when I click the AutoCorrect Backup button and then Backup, I get a run-time error '6' Overflow message. Any ideas why or what I can do to fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article #2
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

How to find Exchange 2000 Public Folder path ?
Hi Everybody, We have some public folder that internet mail address enabled. Now we want to give that mail addresses to users/groups. I am able to find the alias of the folder in exchange system manager's address lists (or in ADU&C's exchange system objects) but i can not able find the real path in public folder tree. Thus i am not able to change their internet e-mail address. It is hard to check all of the public folder one by one because there are too many folders. Does anybody familiar to this problem ? Best Regards, Bayram The easyest way to find PF with some e-mail addr...

outlook 2003 page setup
when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do i correct this? -- seanpaul99 Are you sending the mail in Plain Text or HTML? "seanpaul99" <seanpaul99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1359A7FA-0605-410D-A524-FD806EFC4E9F@microsoft.com... > when i send e-mail they are sent as a page with the text in lines as it > should be. the recipients receive them as just a long line of text. how do > i > correct this? html -- seanpaul99 "Vince Aver...

Auto Delete Exchange Emails
Hi All Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as there inboxes have been deleted) and I would like to get rid of it Thanks in advance Richard richard.grover@imagefast.co.uk (Frog) wrote in news:8ab030b7.0411040706.38ad0057@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based > on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get > lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as ...

Problem With Exchange Server 5.5
Is there any solution to the hanging/freezen problems I normally face with my Exchange Server 5.5. The error message is "the smtp could not be loaded, restart the system attendant service". Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am having what appears to be the same issue. "Oloriebi" wrote: > Is there any solution to the hanging/freezen problems I normally face with my > Exchange Server 5.5. The error message is "the smtp could not be loaded, > restart the system attendant service". ...

Exchange Priv/Pub DB time stamp
Hi, I am running Exchange 55, I have today observed that the exchange private and public database files "priv.edb" and "pub.edb" have a last Accessed and modified time stamp of 28th Feb 2005. The log files have a time stamp of 3rd and 4th of May 2005 which is current date. Does this mean that the log files are not being committed to the database and if the log files are being comitted how can I verify this? Also I have a 4GB private IS and a 400MB Pub IS will I need to do an offline defrag at some point if not when is it recommended by Microsoft to do an offline de...

exchange send message warming to a new mail recieved (exchange 200
it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new mail without owa or outlook opens. How the user will know it got a message without OWA or Outlook open? What is wrong with having Outlook running? bartimore wrote: > it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new > mail without owa or outlook opens. Yes, you could walk over to them and ask them to start OWA or Outlook ;) -GT "bartimore" <bartimore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D6CF1FB-F105-4524-8CD9-5FE5A8E659AB@microsoft.com.....

Exchange 2003 public folder permissions
In the exchange system manager (even on the server) we cannot make any changes to the public folders When you right click on them you get an access denied. I have made changes to the permission up one level with no success Any ideas on how to reset the permissions. ...

GAL Exporter
IMI GAL Exporter for MS Exchange Server is small utility for Exchange Admin to export GAL (Global Access List) to MS Access 2000 table. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information about all the mailboxes on a MS Exchange Server 5.x or/and MS Exchange Server 2000 b.. User can select more of Mailbox, Distribution List, Custom Recipient properties from any Recipient container in Organization Tree and export it. The add-on named "IMI GAL Exporter - Console Application" is available . With this add-on (which is totally independent application), most MS-Exchange administrators can to autom...

Outlook 2003 poor performance & hangs on my new Dell
received my new dell 4600 (2.8 GHZ, 1GB RAM, XPPro) 3 weeks ago and Outlook has been unbearable. Meanwhile, it's performing great on my 6 mo old laptop. Symptoms: 1. poor performance. Highlighting a message takes up to 30 seconds to appear in the reading pane. Shifting messages causes a hang 1 in 10 times. 2. Not responding. It usually hangs within 15 minutes of use. My actions so far - reinstalled (repaired) Office twice from CD - used the scanpost utility to repair my .pst files - exited my Mcfee virus scan in case it might be somehow interfering (email seems to download ...

Opening Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98
Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? The requirement would be for Internet Explorer. Please read the following; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821909&Product=exch2003 "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D2196C-7393-488A-887F-30631365102E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? ...

Visio 2003
Hi all. I've been banging my head against the wall here, and would certainly appreciate a hand. I'm working on a reasonably-sized org chart of 400 companies using the Org Chart US Units template & stencil. The source is an Excel sheet with a combination of entered text, numbers, and formulas. Some of the columns are used to modify the appearance of the shape instance, for example, if the parent company is A, then the outline is regular black. But if it's B, then the outline is blue. Or if another value is C, then the shape is a regular rectangle, but if it's D, the co...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

Redirecting all e-mail from one external user (or domain) to an SBS (2003) user
Hello - this might seem a silly question, I hope not. I have a client who wishes to redirect all e-mail coming from an external user (example: fred@xyz.com), to a local user (wilma@companyname.com) I can block the e-mail from either the specific user or the domain, with or without an archive, in System Manager > Message Delivery properties, but cannot work out how to simply forward the specific e-mails. Any assistance greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ashley ...

Exchange SP 4
I created a folder on c: on my server and copied sp4_550i to it and then unpacked the files then installed this part of the SP. Can I now delete the unpacked folders? It takes up 49.7MB and I need the space. Thanks, Diane The full path is c:\exchange sp4\sp4_550i\eng\server\setup\i386 Hi Diane, If you have already installed the service pack, then you should be fine to delete that unpacked folder. Should you ever need to reinstall the service pack for any reason, I would keep the sp4_550i file around. Hope this helps! -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Please do not send email direc...

Excel 2003 Charting
I have created a bar chart in Excel 2003 based on a formula that offers percentages building up from 0% to 100% (akin to a status bar). My problem is that it is showing the lowest percentage bar at the bottom of the graph when it should be at the top (just as my data is showing the lowest percentage at the top building up to 100% at the bottom). How do I change the direction? To do so, double-click on the Y-Axis (the category axis). That should bring up the Format Axis dialog box. Go to the Scale tab and select "Categories in Reverse Order". The X-Axis (value axis) should ha...

Running Exchange 2000 in a 2003 Domain
We have a windows 2000 domain running MS Exchange 2000. We are looking at upgrading our 2000 domain to Windows 2003 SP1. Are there any issues of running Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2003 AD domain? Thanks, James Exchange 2000 will work with Windows Server 2003 AD. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "James" <james.izzard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144076129.488604.46870@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We have a windows 2000 domain running MS Exchange 2000. We are looking > at upg...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

multiple person files folders in 2003
One one of our computers running Outlook 2003, outlook is frequently syncronizing folders. When doing so, resources are reduced dramatically and send/receive is disabled. It is a work computer and very frustrating. It has been through numerous detect/repair cycles, is running with Zone Alarm security suite with firewall, antivirus, spam filters, and spyware detection. I tried doing an archive but saw that it was doing it every 30 days anyway. Might it help to create another set of folders to use as primary with the old set left in place as he does not want to lose the data? I am at a lo...

Hyperlink in Publisher 2003
As an educator I wanted to put some information together on a CD in web format. I chose Publisher as an easy to develop web site on CD. I have previously had success with Publisher 98. However, when I Hyperlink in Publisher 2003, it identifies the correct object/picture/ppt but when I go to Web Preview the Hyperlink does not work. I have been through all the help in HELP but to no avail. Please help. 98 and 2000 manage external hyperlinks differently then 2002 and 2003. This is covered often in our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and documented on the FAQ - http://www.pu...

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang up
Anyone face same problem? I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and OfficeXP 2003 (OEM) Excel will hang up after a few minutes of work. Hi Andy! The most likely cause is that a vital area of the system used by Excel is full of junk and needs clearing out. Close down and re-open the computer just to make sure that all installations are complete. Find and Select C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\local settings\temp They are left behind by installing programs but Excel needs the space. Try again with Excel. Bloated xlb File (A possibility but not previously noted with Office XP) Next is...

e-mail blocking with Outlook 2003 and Symantec
Outlook 2003 will have trouble finding the POP and SMPT mail servers with Norton scanning e-mail using Systemworks 2004 without a Norton firewall. The machine is behind a router that works fine for Internet access but keeps kicking off e-mail. Turning off Norton e-mail monitoring solves the problem. How should I proceed to protect my Outlook e-mail traffic. You really don't need to protect it- unless you can't trust yourself to delete messages unread. Did you try turning up the timeout? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coautho...

Money 2003 Help Files
For some reason the help files will no longer function. Any suggestions? Money 2003 Standard. See my suggestion in your other thread. "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104301c4997b$8b0f7650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > For some reason the help files will no longer function. > Any suggestions? Money 2003 Standard. ...

OWA in Exchange 2007
Any way to remove the "arrange by groups" that OWA defaults? Takes up too much screen space. Thanks. "Bruce Johnson" <bjohnson@MSAD5.org> wrote in message news:e%23IlQ%23edHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Any way to remove the "arrange by groups" that OWA defaults? Takes up too > much screen space. OWA is actually part of Exchange and not part of Outlook, so you may want to ask over in microsoft.public.exchange.clients. Sorry. =) -- f.h. Only in America.... :) I did, and they sent me over to this newsgroup.. "F.H. Muffman"...