Alternate recipient problem #3

I have setup a local email account on our Exchange 5.5 (w/SP4) server to send
a copy of emails to an alternate recipient.  The alternate recipient is the
user's personal email address outside of our domain.  We can send mail
directly to this user's personal address from our domain.  The user is also
able to receive mail to his Exchange server address from outside of our
domain.   However, mails sent from outside of our domain to his Exchange
address are not being forwarded to his personal email address.  The server is
forwarding other user's mail to their personal accounts, just not to this
particular user.  Does anyone have any ideas why the forwarding is not
working for just this one user?

Please help this is driving me crazy!
0
vkint128 (3)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:51:05 -0800, "vkint128"
<vkint128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have setup a local email account on our Exchange 5.5 (w/SP4) server to send
>a copy of emails to an alternate recipient.  The alternate recipient is the
>user's personal email address outside of our domain.  We can send mail
>directly to this user's personal address from our domain.  The user is also
>able to receive mail to his Exchange server address from outside of our
>domain.   However, mails sent from outside of our domain to his Exchange
>address are not being forwarded to his personal email address.  The server is
>forwarding other user's mail to their personal accounts, just not to this
>particular user.  Does anyone have any ideas why the forwarding is not
>working for just this one user?
>
>Please help this is driving me crazy!

Check that the external address is the primary smtp address and not a
secondary.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/7/2004 6:22:40 PM
I'm not sure how to check that.  I went to www.dnsreport.com and entered his
email address (username@btinternet.com) and this is what it returned:
Host:                   Preference  IP [country]
mx1.bt.mail.yahoo.com   20          195.50.106.135 [UK]
mx2.by.mail.yahoo.com   30          217.12.12.192 [UK]

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:51:05 -0800, "vkint128"
> <vkint128@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have setup a local email account on our Exchange 5.5 (w/SP4) server to send
> >a copy of emails to an alternate recipient.  The alternate recipient is the
> >user's personal email address outside of our domain.  We can send mail
> >directly to this user's personal address from our domain.  The user is also
> >able to receive mail to his Exchange server address from outside of our
> >domain.   However, mails sent from outside of our domain to his Exchange
> >address are not being forwarded to his personal email address.  The server is
> >forwarding other user's mail to their personal accounts, just not to this
> >particular user.  Does anyone have any ideas why the forwarding is not
> >working for just this one user?
> >
> >Please help this is driving me crazy!
>
> Check that the external address is the primary smtp address and not a
> secondary.

0
vkint128 (3)

ActiveX question #3
Hello, I have a dialog box acting as an ActiveX control written in MFC in Internet Explorer. In this dialog box I have a dialog frame with the minimize and close boxes. I catch the close method using the WM_CLOSE message. Everything works fine, except the ActiveX does not quit, when I press the close button on the dialog frame and my application keeps running, which is bad. IS there a way to shut down an ActiveX control without shutting down Internet Explorer? Thanks, Yury ...

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

Problems with System.Xml
Hi there, I have this snippet: using System.Xml; .... XmlDocument doc = ...; XmlNode foo = doc.CreateElement("foo"); foo.Attributes.Appen(doc.CreateAttribute("id", "23")); my 'foo' tag looks like this: <foo d2p1:id="" d2p1="23"/> My questions are: 1. Why? ;-) 2. How can I get rid of the d2p stuff and have just <foo id="23/>? Thanks in advance, Giulio -- On Nov 16, 3:19=A0pm, Giulio Petrucci <faken...@fakedomain.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I have this snippet: > > u...

Install Problems
CRM V1.2 Install Fails with: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to Create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14) Environment: Win2k3 Enterprise SP1 SQL Server 2005 beta Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 Server Roles: File Server Print Server Application Server Domain Controller (Active Directory) DNS Server Please let me know if any other stats about the server would be helpful in diagnosing this issue. I would really like to get this software running. I am logged on as...

Limit Recipients in Bulk Mail
I would like to know if i can make a setting that the maximum of recipients in a bulk mail can be set. I would like to have a limit of 500 recipients, but cant find the settings to make. You can limit it to 250: Go to options and set the maximum records per page to 250. Use CRM Mail Merge for Word to send the emails and merge to all records on current page. -- www.nauta-automatisering.nl "Deeske" wrote: > I would like to know if i can make a setting that the maximum of recipients > in a bulk mail can be set. > > I would like to have a limit of 500 recipients, b...

Problem with custom message class
Hi, I encountered the following problem: from the add-in I added a custom property and I changed the message class for all of the contacts. When I open a contact (any contact) it is opened with the old message class, but if I looked with Outlook Spy the contact has my custom message class. The contact is displayed with my custom form only after I close and reopen again Outlook. What could be the problem here ? Thanks, K.I For one thing, your code needs to make sure it dereferences the item after making changes. Also, Outlook does some caching of individual items, so if the item had been ...

Form textbox refresh problem
Hello! I have two forms. One is bound to a table of volunteers, the other is bound to a table of their efforts. The effort form gets data about the volunteers in a one-to-many fashion (one volunteer, hopefully many efforts). In the effort table, we have fields for PeopleID, but that's it. In the people table, we have no identifiers for effort. I'd like to be able to display the volunteer's first and last name on the effort form, so that the user can tell what's going on "behind the scenes" and to prevent entry error. For the first volunteer I choose, there'...

Problems connecting to POP3 server
Hello I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account. It has been working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error messages saying that it can't access the server. I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based service to connect to it. I haven't installed anything new on my machine and my web connection hasn't changed. Any idea? TIA Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's something to do with recent updates to my AV software. Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's somethi...

Problems adding member variables in my derived CWinApp class?
Hi, I have problems adding member variables in my derived CWinApp class. Every time I try to access one variable I get an memory access violation? E.g. I have an integer that I initialise in the constructor of the class but every time I try to use the integer I get the memory error? I havn't found anything in documentation that states that derived classes cant have their own member variables.... Any suggestions? Regards /S Hi Scott, No, I don't use any pointers. What I've tried is a simple integer and every time I try to use the integer (intInt) I get the memory violat...

Smartlist builder SQL problem
Hi, I have been trying to create a calculated field in the smartlist builder in Dynamics GP. The calculated field is supposed to show the amount of time until a service call runs out of SLA. The actual code for that works fine ( see the @SLA section of the code). But I also need it to have it so that before it returns a time it checks to see if there is any data in the arrival date and time columns, if there is data in there then it should just say "LA Met". Also some of the rows do not have SLAs and they return a number: 955138:39 I want to set the calculated field to displa...

Recipient Update Service not incrementing msExchServer1HighestUSN
I have a situation where the recipient update service fails after 1-2 days, and I have to restart the server (Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP1). After a restart (the System Attendant will not respond at this point) a new user account does get stamped with email addresses, but the msExchServer1HighestUSN value is not incremented. If I manually run an update on the RUS, then the msExchServer1HighestUSN value changes, other than that it never increments... Am I misunderstanding the way this process works, or should this value be incremented if the RUS is working? Any help would be grea...

New Outlook Toolbar problem
I have set up a new tool bar called GTD and have placed several commands on it (e.g. move to folder, custom flag, etc.). It works fine when set-up but when I close outlook and reopen the toolbar either disappears or has missing icons. Is there anyway to keep the toolbar permanately or at least to ensure that it stays or does not become modified? Not to sure if it can be saved either? Thanks Kita Toolbar issues belong to the programmers of the toolbar. If they don't = program the toolbars correctly, you will consistently see this issue. I = would contact the makers of Getting Things...

the server will send emails again after rebooting if lots of recipients
Hi all, We are using a microsoft exchange 2000 server fully patched running on windows 2000 server professional fully patched also. My problem is that everytime i restart the server, it will send again the emails that have been sent to lots of recipients (like 70 or 100 recipients). No matter when the email have first been sent and delivered... It's the second time i restart the server and i had to freeze all the queues in order to stop some messages, but even messages sent in september last year were ready to be delivered again... I've looked for the logs, event log...

Conditional Formatting #3
Hi all I have this conditional format in cell BB35 =IF(BB35>$BB$37,TRUE) If I insert cells between BB35 & BB37, then the formula changes to =IF(BB35>$BB$38,TRUE) Is there a way of making BB37 absolute, or is there a formula using ROW that I could use? Many thanks -- George Gee -- Select cell B35 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =B35>INDIRECT("$B$37") Click the Format button and select your formatting Click OK, click OK George Gee wrote: > I have this conditional format in cell BB35...

run time error #3
getting run time error message says closing not naturally Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, PVNM asked: | getting run time error message says closing not naturally ...

Money 2000 Invoice printing problem
I have a problem with the characters in invoices all printing upside down. The characters are all laid out in the correct place but the characters are flipped upside down. Report printing is all ok. I have tried reinstalling Money and also doing a Restore in XP back to before the problem occurred but no improvement. Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks Graham ...

watermarks #3
can you do watermarks in excel? On the Format menu, point to Sheet, and then click Background. Select the graphics file to use for the background pattern. The selected graphic is repeated to fill the sheet. You can apply solid color shading to cells that contain data. >-----Original Message----- >can you do watermarks in excel? >. > Hi maybe the following sites will help you: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And for Excel 2002+: http://cpap.com.br/orlando -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LT wrote: >...

Outlook Template Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over = again. I have read the instructions found here: = http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx but I = cannot do this part... 1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type = will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a = template. Is this something that come...

Memo Field Cursor Positioning Problem
I use this code to date stamp a memo field: Me.Notes = Notes & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "=============== Added by " & Me! txtSTATION & " on " & _ Now() & " ===============" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & " " Me.Notes is the textbox And the code is: Copying everything in Notes, moving down to rows (vbCrLf & vbCrLf), adding the first segment of the new line "=============== Added by ", Stamping in the Station owner "=============== Added by " & Me!txtSTATION, Adding the date stamp " on " &...

How can i add two recipients in one page using mail merge?
How can i add two recipients in one page using mail merge? I Have a document in witch i have to use one side of the page for one recipient and the other side for the second recipient. Second page will start on third recipient and on the other side the fourth, and so on through out the whole document. Thanks in Advance for any help Best to use two separate publications with two separate databases. Print the first page with the odd names, restack the print-out with one on the bottom, turn the pages over and print the even names. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

Join problem
Hello, Usually when I join querys to get a new one, If in the child query the record is missing, i get missing field in the new query. but somtime's, for reason's i don't know, i get in the new query field the value " #Error " , wich i dont know how to handel. Why is it happened and how to avoid this ? thank you -- תודה רבה Can you give us an example of a query that yields #Error? There can be lots of reasons why this could appear. A common example is if you use one of the VBA functions that cannot handle the Null value, such as CDbl() or Val(). -- ...

vc++ #3
abcdefg These groups on this server(msnews.microsoft.com) would be helpful: microsoft.test microsoft.public.test.here -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "abc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043901c3d737$e86852b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... | abcdefg ...

Problem logging in to CRM by a not-Admin user
I am having a problem logging in for certain CRM users. If they don't belong to a local CRM server administrators group, they cannot log in. They get, I believe, 403.1 error. Once added to that local group, they can log in just fine. CRM site is configured as the trusted site to use curent AD username and password. CRM is set to use Windows intergated authentication. I have an open incident with IIS group without much luck. I believe the problem is within a user. Does he (she) have to belong to a special group to gain access to CRM? P.S. Integrated HF is applied. are they using th...

Why does the Address property of the Recipient object in the Outlook object model look funny?
When I pull the Address property of the Recipient object I get a string that looks like: "/o=Company Name/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/ cn=jdiggs" ?? And where can I get the normal address? i.e. jdiggs@Company.com This is the X400 address of the mailbox, which is the default address of an Exchange recipient. Your system administrator has to create a SMTP address (aka "normal address") for mailboxes that are allowed to send/receive external messages. Luuke On Jul 13, 5:20 am, Omatase <Omat...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I pull the Address proper...

Problem with OLE notes
We are having a problem with OLE notes attached to customer cards. When we attach A a note to a customer card that is also a vendor it replicates to all customer cards that are also vendors. We have tried this on several customers and the same thing happens. If we do it on a customer that is not a vendor it works fine. Has anyone ever seen an issue like this before? Robert Fann Omni Packaging Robert, We have several customers that are also vendors set up and I just checked them all - none of them have an issue. Here is an example of what we have: Customer A = Vendor A - both of th...