Alternate recipient fail for external mail

We've got a 5.5 enterprise SP4 server. For forwarding e-mail to a
external
mailbox we've enabled alternate recipient for the user. When we send a

e-mail from our internal accounts to the user, the mail is correctly
forwarded to the external mailbox. So far so good.

However, if an e-mail is send from an external sender to the user, th
mail
is not forwarded. The mail arrives in the users mailbox but is no
forwared
to the alternate recipient.

intern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox works
extern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox doesn't work

What's is going wrong? The checkboxes for disable Out of Office replie
and Disable autoreply are unchecked in the Internet connector.

Thank

--
Williamvaner
Williamvanerp's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=259

What are you using for the alternate recipient?  Are you using an Outlook
rule?  If so, don't.  In order for this to work (correctly), you should be
creating a Custom Recipient.  If you have done that, you shouldn't need to
enable autoforwarding, auto-replies or Out of Office.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Williamvanerp" <Williamvanerp.1r3jsp@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> We've got a 5.5 enterprise SP4 server. For forwarding e-mail to an
> external
> mailbox we've enabled alternate recipient for the user. When we send an
>
> e-mail from our internal accounts to the user, the mail is correctly
> forwarded to the external mailbox. So far so good.
>
> However, if an e-mail is send from an external sender to the user, the
> mail
> is not forwarded. The mail arrives in the users mailbox but is not
> forwared
> to the alternate recipient.
>
> intern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox works
> extern mail->intern mailbox->extern mailbox doesn't work
>
> What's is going wrong? The checkboxes for disable Out of Office replies
> and Disable autoreply are unchecked in the Internet connector.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Williamvanerp
> Williamvanerp's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2590

Ben
6/23/2005 8:53:10 PM
We're using a custum recipient, and the checkboxes are cleared so e-mai
should be forwarded to the internet. And for the internal mail it does

Only e-mail that has been send from an address outside our domain, i
is not forwarded.

So in short, alternate recipient works only for internal mail.

Could this be by design? As long as I know it always worked until
we've upgraded to enterprise ed. SP4.

Anybody

--
Williamvaner
Williamvanerp's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=259

It's not by design.  I've used that method for a long time - in Exchange
2000/2003, the custom recipient was replaced by an Active Directory Contact.
Same method, still works.  You don't need to have the checkboxes cleared -
it doesn't apply to custom recipients, but that's kind of besides the point
here.

Do you have message tracking enabled?  Can you compare 2 of the messages -
one that worked and one that didn't?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Williamvanerp" <Williamvanerp.1r4ecj@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> We're using a custum recipient, and the checkboxes are cleared so e-mail
> should be forwarded to the internet. And for the internal mail it does.
>
> Only e-mail that has been send from an address outside our domain, it
> is not forwarded.
>
> So in short, alternate recipient works only for internal mail.
>
> Could this be by design? As long as I know it always worked untill
> we've upgraded to enterprise ed. SP4.
>
> Anybody?
>

> --
> Williamvanerp
> Williamvanerp's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2590

Ben

Transferring e-mails with an ISP different at Outlook.
I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, I would like to transfer part of the messages from one account to another, is nearly at 85% full. I have tried with Reply and Forward selecting several messages but it allows me only one by one. I have around 950 messages.What can I do.Thank you in advance! -- In news:B1CFBA36-83C4-4DBC-98FC-05E26881ACB4@microsoft.com, jessy <jessy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have got two differents name's accounts with Yahoo, You mean, you have two different Yahoo e-mail accounts, which you check in Outlook? > I wou...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Recipient policy not working for OU
Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1 I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary SMTP address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the OU and Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get the Default Policy SMTP addressing. Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the RUS. Not sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any suggestions? A recipient policy filter based on the OU won't work. Try using populating the company or department attribute with a value and then using that. Nue "bruce&...

outlook not senfing mail
i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. thank you any error messages? a bernstein ����: > i can receive mail, but not send. this is new. all was > fine for last 7 months. not sure what to do. > > thank you ...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

custom address list for EXTERNAL email addresses
I know it is possible to create a custom address list in Exchange 2003 for internal use but how about for external email addresses outside of a company? Is this possible?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create contacts for each of the external mail addresses and add them to the distribution list. If add a valid internet email address to the distribution list external people can also send to it. Glen "Steven Peters" <Steven Peters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBF2F2AE-ABF4-491C-836C-59611375F9F1@microsoft.com... > I know it is pos...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Rename/Delete/Deactivate Junk Mail Folder
Hi! Does somebody know how I can delete/rename or deactivate the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2003? If I delete this folder, it will be re-created in the next Outlook start. I've read that Junk Mail folder is an built-in and cannot be renamed/deleted or deactivated?! Please help! Thanks Mustafa That is correct. Why do you need to get rid of it/rename it? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Mail merge & staple question
Does anyone know how to use mail merge in Publisher with a printer that folds and staples?? Publisher is sending it to the printer as "one" big file and trying to staples "all" my newsletters together instead of individual ones with the addresses on them. Or if anyone has any other programs or ideas on how I can accomplish this task, sure would be appreciated. Thanks While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Parishsecretary <Parishsecretary@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > Does anyone know how to use mai...

Creating a "Do_Not_Reply" e-mail address
I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com address that any user that I give permission to on the domain can send as by putting the above address in the "From:" field of their Outlook client and the external recipient will receive this and only see that it came from the do-not-reply address and not the send on behalf of user. Also what would be the best way to block or not receive the e-mails even if an external user does reply to it? On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:22 -0700, "D-a-n_L" <dlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to create a do-not-reply@domain.com addr...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

received mail goes directly to "deleted items" folder
When getting new mail, the mail goes directly to the "Deleted Items" folder instead of the "Inbox". Any suggestions? ...

Autosave mail sent from delegated mailbox
I'd like to autosave all mail sent from User Xs mailbox in his inbox. His mailbox inbox is available to three different users who all have it added to their Exchange account. This way I'm able to auto-create readable conversations in his inbox and all users can see which mail have been replied to from this mailbox and what the reply was. best You would have to write an event sink. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Kristofer" <Kristofer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA61E72C-9405-4BF...

Outlook 2003 E-mail Preview before receiving
I currently use an E-mail client called GoldMine that allows me to preview e-mail sent to me on the server before actually downloading/receiving it to my computer. I find this extremely beneficial in weeding out the junk/unsolicited and potentially virus-infected e-mail. Is it possible to do this with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003? When selecting send/receive , it appears the only option option is to actually download/receive the message to be able to view it. If you are aware as to how I may be able to preview first without downloading, please provide instructions on how to achi...

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

How prevent recipient from seeing Categories assigned to email?
I *JUST LEARNED* that recipients of emails I send can see the category(s) I assigned to the email! This is freaking me out! Imagine I am a psychologist. I create a category for each client. The category formula is: Last, First Condition First Visit Date e.g. Rodriguez, Alex DRUG ABUSE 4/1/2003 Baldwin, Alec ANGER MNGT 5/3/2006 Ryder, Winona KLEPTOMANIA 11/21/2003 Every time I make an appointment or task, I assign it to the client via the Category in Outlook 2003. BUT...If I send an email and want to assign a category, EVERY RECIPIENT SEES the category(s) in the Keywords header. How d...

trouble receiving mail
hi oh computer smart ones!! am hoping anyone can help with my problem - i have 53 unread messages because when i hit 'send and receive' i get the first 13 then it stops completely and wont give me any more messages....i get this error msg: Message number 13 could not be retrieved. Account: 'mail.three.com.au', Server: 'mail.three.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'No virus found in this incoming message.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD i have tried turning off firewalls, uninstalling...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Track e-mails.
Hey, anyone out there know how to extract emails addresses from different e-mails. Any freeware/shareware programs that will do this or even possibly track where my e-mails end up. Cheers, Sketcher. "if you want to view paradise; simply look around and view it, any thing you want to do; do it, there's nothing to it" !!? ...

Mailing Label printing
I have created several mailing labels using SQL Reporting services and am attempting to print them with a Intermec pd-41 label printer. Every time a report is Printed the size settings for the job changes to 1.5w 4h instead of the setting within Windosw of 1.5h 4w. I have changed and saved the settings on the printer in the printer settings via Windows. The end users for this product cannot be bothered to click properties every time they are printing a label. Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to correct this. Within Visual Studio, look at the report properties w...