All Address Lists #2

I am trying to Hide the 'All Users' 'All Groups' and 'All Contacts' address
lists below the 'All Address Lists' empty container, and provide company
specific 'All' address lists instead.

Every time I try to hide the non-required address lists, they are still
visible to users, and when they try to view the list the error 'This Bookmark
Is Not Valid' is presented.

Is there a way to either filter the 'All Users etc..' address lists so that
one domain can only see thier own domain? or is there a successful way to
'hide' the lists for other domains?

I should add it is in a multi organisation hosted environment.

Thanks in advance

You can do everything you seem to be asking:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us

Nue
"Gary Morley" <GaryMorley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to Hide the 'All Users' 'All Groups' and 'All Contacts' address
> lists below the 'All Address Lists' empty container, and provide company
> specific 'All' address lists instead.
>
> Every time I try to hide the non-required address lists, they are still
> visible to users, and when they try to view the list the error 'This
> Bookmark
> Is Not Valid' is presented.
>
> Is there a way to either filter the 'All Users etc..' address lists so
> that
> one domain can only see thier own domain? or is there a successful way to
> 'hide' the lists for other domains?
>
> I should add it is in a multi organisation hosted environment.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/26/2006 1:50:02 PM
Thank you for your response.

But i have already accieved the desired results with the GAL, i am now
trying to do the same for the 'All Address Lists' lists..

If i follow the same steps with the GAL hiding, I get the problem that 'All
Contacts' etc.. are all still showing up, but as 'Invalid Bookmarks' when
users view them.

In short, is there another KB that focus's on the AAL's rather than the GAL's?
I want to either Filter the All address lists depending on who's looking at
them, or display custom 'All Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' that I
have already created.

At present, all virtual companies who are on the system can see all other
virtual companies..

My Goal is to have a virtual company to only be able to see their own 'All
Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' lists.

Sorry, I was not too clear in my first post :(

"Nuevo" wrote:

> You can do everything you seem to be asking:

> Nue
> "Gary Morley" <GaryMorley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to Hide the 'All Users' 'All Groups' and 'All Contacts' address
> > lists below the 'All Address Lists' empty container, and provide company
> > specific 'All' address lists instead.
> >
> > Every time I try to hide the non-required address lists, they are still
> > visible to users, and when they try to view the list the error 'This
> > Bookmark
> > Is Not Valid' is presented.
> >
> > Is there a way to either filter the 'All Users etc..' address lists so
> > that
> > one domain can only see thier own domain? or is there a successful way to
> > 'hide' the lists for other domains?
> >
> > I should add it is in a multi organisation hosted environment.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Sorry I misunderstood. The following is the only article that I've used in
the past.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us

> Thank you for your response.
>
> But i have already accieved the desired results with the GAL, i am now
> trying to do the same for the 'All Address Lists' lists..
>
> If i follow the same steps with the GAL hiding, I get the problem that
> 'All
> Contacts' etc.. are all still showing up, but as 'Invalid Bookmarks' when
> users view them.
>
> In short, is there another KB that focus's on the AAL's rather than the
> GAL's?
> I want to either Filter the All address lists depending on who's looking
> at
> them, or display custom 'All Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' that
> have already created.
>
> At present, all virtual companies who are on the system can see all other
> virtual companies..
>
> My Goal is to have a virtual company to only be able to see their own 'All
> Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' lists.
>
> Sorry, I was not too clear in my first post :(
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> You can do everything you seem to be asking:

>> Nue
>> "Gary Morley" <GaryMorley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to Hide the 'All Users' 'All Groups' and 'All Contacts'
>> >address
>> > lists below the 'All Address Lists' empty container, and provide
>> > company
>> > specific 'All' address lists instead.
>> >
>> > Every time I try to hide the non-required address lists, they are still
>> > visible to users, and when they try to view the list the error 'This
>> > Bookmark
>> > Is Not Valid' is presented.
>> >
>> > Is there a way to either filter the 'All Users etc..' address lists so
>> > that
>> > one domain can only see thier own domain? or is there a successful way
>> > 'hide' the lists for other domains?
>> >
>> > I should add it is in a multi organisation hosted environment.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/26/2006 2:51:35 PM
I have followed that article too..
On my system, it still leaves the names of the lists that have been denied.
Agreed, it doesnt allow anyone to access the lists that have been denied,
but i would like to hide them completely from view.

If I have 3 companies that are hosted, and for each company I create an 'All
Users', 'All Contacts' and 'All Groups' list.. there will be 9 lists visible,
but 6 of which will be obsolete for any user at one point..
The obsolete ones need to be hidden..

Any further ideas anyone?

All the Best,

Gary

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Sorry I misunderstood. The following is the only article that I've used in
> the past.

> Nue
> "Gary Morley" <GaryMorley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your response.
> >
> > But i have already accieved the desired results with the GAL, i am now
> > trying to do the same for the 'All Address Lists' lists..
> >
> > If i follow the same steps with the GAL hiding, I get the problem that
> > 'All
> > Contacts' etc.. are all still showing up, but as 'Invalid Bookmarks' when
> > users view them.
> >
> > In short, is there another KB that focus's on the AAL's rather than the
> > GAL's?
> > I want to either Filter the All address lists depending on who's looking
> > at
> > them, or display custom 'All Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' that
> > have already created.
> >
> > At present, all virtual companies who are on the system can see all other
> > virtual companies..
> >
> > My Goal is to have a virtual company to only be able to see their own 'All
> > Users', 'All Groups', and 'All Contacts' lists.
> >
> > Sorry, I was not too clear in my first post :(
> >

> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> You can do everything you seem to be asking:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Gary Morley" <GaryMorley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

Offline folder problems #2

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

VCard issue #2

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2

80070005 error #2

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...