Administrator email account sending external msgs???

My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator
account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal
ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to
send any external emails.  I verified I don't have an open
relay, so how is this possible?
0
anonymous (74722)

Paul wrote:

> My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator
> account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal
> ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to
> send any external emails.  I verified I don't have an open
> relay, so how is this possible?

Probably bounce messages.
0
no (445)
3/5/2004 9:04:23 PM
Not to sound stupid, but can you elaborate a little?  I do
have a bunch of messages that look similar to this:

Undeliverable mail to uxhtvb@yahoo.net

Don't know how/why I got them.  Are these the result of
people unsuccessfully trying to open relay through my box?

0
anonymous (74722)
3/5/2004 9:33:06 PM
I think I may be having this issue too with Exchange 2003.  My message queue
is full of messages from postmaster@domain.com .

Check your admin account-- is postmaster@domain.com an email alias of that
account?  It was on mine.  My guess is the postmaster account is trying to
send out NDR's... Not sure if this is the case.  If it is, is there a way to
disable it?

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not to sound stupid, but can you elaborate a little?  I do
> have a bunch of messages that look similar to this:
>
> Undeliverable mail to uxhtvb@yahoo.net
>
> Don't know how/why I got them.  Are these the result of
> people unsuccessfully trying to open relay through my box?

NDRs being sent to spammers, most of the time. Also to legit senders who
misaddressed messages, etc.

This has nothing to do with open relay....

Paul wrote:
> Not to sound stupid, but can you elaborate a little?  I do
> have a bunch of messages that look similar to this:
>
> Undeliverable mail to uxhtvb@yahoo.net
>
> Don't know how/why I got them.  Are these the result of
> people unsuccessfully trying to open relay through my box?

0
lanwench (7567)
3/6/2004 3:17:29 AM
I wouldn't recommend disabling NDRs. What will you do when a valid sender
mistakenly mistypes an email address?

You don't have to have a copy of the NDRs sent to your admin account - I
rarely do this.

Steve Aschettino wrote:
> I think I may be having this issue too with Exchange 2003.  My
> message queue is full of messages from postmaster@domain.com .
>
> Check your admin account-- is postmaster@domain.com an email alias of
> that account?  It was on mine.  My guess is the postmaster account is
> trying to send out NDR's... Not sure if this is the case.  If it is,
> is there a way to disable it?
>

> "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Not to sound stupid, but can you elaborate a little?  I do
>> have a bunch of messages that look similar to this:
>>
>> Undeliverable mail to uxhtvb@yahoo.net
>>
>> Don't know how/why I got them.  Are these the result of
>> people unsuccessfully trying to open relay through my box?

0
lanwench (7567)

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Sending Email #6

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Recurring email #2

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003