Administrator access to 2003 private mailbox store

Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to 
software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move) there 
are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess all 
mailboxes in the store as they used to do.

Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before but 
suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the mailbox 
store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of acheiving this or 
does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing the administrator 
account to access all mailboxes in the priv store?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich 


0
Centra (15)
6/27/2006 6:30:46 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
490 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

I don't ever recommend removing inheritance.  It can come back to bite you 
later when you forget you've done it.

The way to grant access to all mailboxes is to grant the account/group you 
need to have access Send As and Receive As Allow permissions on the Mailbox 
Store.  Keep in mind the following:

1.  Administrator accounts are by default "denied" Send As and Receive As - 
this is usually set at the Organization level.  IMHO - there is a reason for 
this.
2.  Due to #1, there is a Deny that will inherit down to the mailbox stores. 
In order to get around that, you need to either:
a)  Remove the deny at the Org level (I don't recommend this)
b)  Edit the deny at the Mailbox Store level, and place a check mark in the 
Allow box.  This will set an explicit allow at the Mailbox Store level. 
Explicit permissions will override Inherited permissions.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com
http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)


<Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message 
news:OodNLfhmGHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to 
> software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move) 
> there are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess all 
> mailboxes in the store as they used to do.
>
> Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before but 
> suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the 
> mailbox store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of 
> acheiving this or does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing 
> the administrator account to access all mailboxes in the priv store?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Rich
> 


0
Ben
6/27/2006 7:32:48 PM
Create a group and call anything you like 
Exchange full access 
go to top of ESM 
add this group there, dont forget to add yourself into this group


http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=9

SHOW SECURITY TAB ON ESM
_____________________________________________________________
First you need to bring the security tab on the ESM

To display the permissions tab, make this change to the registry.
1. Here is the correct path to navigate:

HKEY_Current_User\Software\ Microsoft\Exchange\ExAdmin. 

2. Once you reach the above section of the registry you need to create a 
DWORD called ShowSecurityPage. 
3. A value of 1 (Numeric one) means on, whilst 0 (Zero) means off. 
4. Close the Exchange System Manger, and then reopen 


Cheers
oz


-- 
Best regards, Good Luck
Oz Ozugurlu
____________________________
oz@msexchange911.noSpam.net

MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
Http://www.msexchange911.org
Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)


"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> I don't ever recommend removing inheritance.  It can come back to bite you 
> later when you forget you've done it.
> 
> The way to grant access to all mailboxes is to grant the account/group you 
> need to have access Send As and Receive As Allow permissions on the Mailbox 
> Store.  Keep in mind the following:
> 
> 1.  Administrator accounts are by default "denied" Send As and Receive As - 
> this is usually set at the Organization level.  IMHO - there is a reason for 
> this.
> 2.  Due to #1, there is a Deny that will inherit down to the mailbox stores. 
> In order to get around that, you need to either:
> a)  Remove the deny at the Org level (I don't recommend this)
> b)  Edit the deny at the Mailbox Store level, and place a check mark in the 
> Allow box.  This will set an explicit allow at the Mailbox Store level. 
> Explicit permissions will override Inherited permissions.
> 
> -- 
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> 
> 
> <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message 
> news:OodNLfhmGHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to 
> > software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move) 
> > there are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess all 
> > mailboxes in the store as they used to do.
> >
> > Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before but 
> > suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the 
> > mailbox store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of 
> > acheiving this or does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing 
> > the administrator account to access all mailboxes in the priv store?
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Rich
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
oz3871 (37)
6/28/2006 3:58:01 AM
I have problems with that on a few levels.

1.  You are assuming that no administrators have been granted any other 
Exchange permissions.  If delegation has been done and they have Exchange 
Admin or higher, they already have an inherited Deny placed on Send 
As/Receive As.
2.  The initial post was simply asking how to grant Administrators access to 
the mailbox store (view all mailboxes).  What you are saying is the solution 
to that is to grant Full Access to "everything" in Exchange.  What if some 
of the folks who need access to mailboxes should not be allowed to modify 
other settings in Exchange?  I always recommend setting permissions at the 
lowest level necessary.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com
http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)


"oz@msexchange911.org" <oz@msexchange911.noSpam.net> wrote in message 
news:1AB8C2A9-3E62-4E5F-B9C1-12E4991127CE@microsoft.com...
> Create a group and call anything you like
> Exchange full access
> go to top of ESM
> add this group there, dont forget to add yourself into this group
>
>
> http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=9
>
> SHOW SECURITY TAB ON ESM
> _____________________________________________________________
> First you need to bring the security tab on the ESM
>
> To display the permissions tab, make this change to the registry.
> 1. Here is the correct path to navigate:
>
> HKEY_Current_User\Software\ Microsoft\Exchange\ExAdmin.
>
> 2. Once you reach the above section of the registry you need to create a
> DWORD called ShowSecurityPage.
> 3. A value of 1 (Numeric one) means on, whilst 0 (Zero) means off.
> 4. Close the Exchange System Manger, and then reopen
>
>
> Cheers
> oz
>
>
> -- 
> Best regards, Good Luck
> Oz Ozugurlu
> ____________________________
> oz@msexchange911.noSpam.net
>
> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
> Http://www.msexchange911.org
> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I don't ever recommend removing inheritance.  It can come back to bite 
>> you
>> later when you forget you've done it.
>>
>> The way to grant access to all mailboxes is to grant the account/group 
>> you
>> need to have access Send As and Receive As Allow permissions on the 
>> Mailbox
>> Store.  Keep in mind the following:
>>
>> 1.  Administrator accounts are by default "denied" Send As and Receive 
>> As -
>> this is usually set at the Organization level.  IMHO - there is a reason 
>> for
>> this.
>> 2.  Due to #1, there is a Deny that will inherit down to the mailbox 
>> stores.
>> In order to get around that, you need to either:
>> a)  Remove the deny at the Org level (I don't recommend this)
>> b)  Edit the deny at the Mailbox Store level, and place a check mark in 
>> the
>> Allow box.  This will set an explicit allow at the Mailbox Store level.
>> Explicit permissions will override Inherited permissions.
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>
>>
>> <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>> news:OodNLfhmGHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> > Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to
>> > software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move)
>> > there are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess 
>> > all
>> > mailboxes in the store as they used to do.
>> >
>> > Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before 
>> > but
>> > suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the
>> > mailbox store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of
>> > acheiving this or does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing
>> > the administrator account to access all mailboxes in the priv store?
>> >
>> > Any help would be much appreciated.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > Rich
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
Ben
6/28/2006 1:23:33 PM
Thanks very much, seemed to work in the end although took a while to go 
through.

"oz@msexchange911.org" <oz@msexchange911.noSpam.net> wrote in message 
news:1AB8C2A9-3E62-4E5F-B9C1-12E4991127CE@microsoft.com...
> Create a group and call anything you like
> Exchange full access
> go to top of ESM
> add this group there, dont forget to add yourself into this group
>
>
> http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=9
>
> SHOW SECURITY TAB ON ESM
> _____________________________________________________________
> First you need to bring the security tab on the ESM
>
> To display the permissions tab, make this change to the registry.
> 1. Here is the correct path to navigate:
>
> HKEY_Current_User\Software\ Microsoft\Exchange\ExAdmin.
>
> 2. Once you reach the above section of the registry you need to create a
> DWORD called ShowSecurityPage.
> 3. A value of 1 (Numeric one) means on, whilst 0 (Zero) means off.
> 4. Close the Exchange System Manger, and then reopen
>
>
> Cheers
> oz
>
>
> -- 
> Best regards, Good Luck
> Oz Ozugurlu
> ____________________________
> oz@msexchange911.noSpam.net
>
> MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA
> Http://www.msexchange911.org
> Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog)
>
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I don't ever recommend removing inheritance.  It can come back to bite 
>> you
>> later when you forget you've done it.
>>
>> The way to grant access to all mailboxes is to grant the account/group 
>> you
>> need to have access Send As and Receive As Allow permissions on the 
>> Mailbox
>> Store.  Keep in mind the following:
>>
>> 1.  Administrator accounts are by default "denied" Send As and Receive 
>> As -
>> this is usually set at the Organization level.  IMHO - there is a reason 
>> for
>> this.
>> 2.  Due to #1, there is a Deny that will inherit down to the mailbox 
>> stores.
>> In order to get around that, you need to either:
>> a)  Remove the deny at the Org level (I don't recommend this)
>> b)  Edit the deny at the Mailbox Store level, and place a check mark in 
>> the
>> Allow box.  This will set an explicit allow at the Mailbox Store level.
>> Explicit permissions will override Inherited permissions.
>>
>> -- 
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>
>>
>> <Centra@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>> news:OodNLfhmGHA.4700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> > Having recently replaced a 2003 Exchange server with another owing to
>> > software faults on hardware RAID5 (On-line migration and mailbox move)
>> > there are some issues with the administrator not being able to acccess 
>> > all
>> > mailboxes in the store as they used to do.
>> >
>> > Not sure how the administrator was granted access to the store before 
>> > but
>> > suspect it was simply through removing inherited permissions on the
>> > mailbox store and altering the deny. Is this an acceptable way of
>> > acheiving this or does anyone know of an MS recommended way of allowing
>> > the administrator account to access all mailboxes in the priv store?
>> >
>> > Any help would be much appreciated.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > Rich
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
Centra (15)
7/4/2006 2:25:49 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

2003 Administration Guide?
I don't get a download button for this on the MS download page. Anyone know what's up i.e. is it me or MS? ~pique@boo I just tried it myself from www.microsoft.com\exchange\library and it didn't download for me either. "Pique@boo" <pique@boo.invalid> wrote in message news:OnMeYDZQEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I don't get a download button for this on the MS download page. Anyone > know what's up i.e. is it me or MS? > > ~pique@boo > > I just followed the link to it (and went to <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

access 2003 (sp3) The program stops responding
Hi When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Hodde <Hodde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I change something i a form (design view) ,the program stops responding >for while. Not used network connection are disconnected. Check your table links. You might have some tables pointing to a network share. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://ms...

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Restore Mailboxe
Hi to all is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that was deleted ? thanks Assuming you have backups look at the recovery storage groups http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx simon "Microsoft" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote in message news:OQOsck1mGHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all > > is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that > was deleted ? > > > thanks > ...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

HELP Error: Trying to populate userform fields from access databas
Hi All, I have been struggling with this since long, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with getting this done. Basically I want to pull information from access database and populate my excel userform fields. For eg: If I input a Student Id field I want to populate the Name and Phone number for that student from access database, Here is the code that I have so far, But it gives me errors.. Please guide me through this Private Sub StudentId_AfterUpdate() Dim cnt As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Name, Phone FROM...

Mailbox deletion in 2003
I have deleted and purged a users mailbox owing to corruption..ie not being able to set permissions for other users to access their calandar. I have created and applied against an existing user and have imported their messages ok. They can send and receive ok...But!!! Any messages before I deleted mailbox now come back as undeliveable..cannot find recipient. If outside users reply to them. How can I set the mailbox to recongnise incoming messages from replies. MAny thanks Sounds like the SMTP address isn't the same. For internal replies, failures would be caused by the legacyEchan...

indirect accessing to cells
Hello, I use data of few thousands records (cells) which are all arranged in sequential order at single column. I need to extract specific cells' content, and I have no idea what function I can use for. For example, assuming I use a table (single column) of 100 records and I need to extract every 5th cell content to rebuild a new column. Any suggestions ? Tnx Dudi Enter in cell 1 of a column assuming data is in column A =OFFSET($A$1,5*ROW()-5,0) Copy down as far as you wish. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:38:19 +0200, "Dudi" <ardudi@hotmail....

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Shared Mailbox Folders
Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh administrator. I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user OS = SBS 2003 Prem Many thanks Dave On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:51:02 -0800, dpnews <dpnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh >administrator. >I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user > >OS = SBS 2003 Prem > >Many thanks >Dave I think this is what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82...

trouble connecting to Exchange 2003 using Outlook 97 Exchange Server Service
hello, this is my setup I have one Active Directory domain containing two AD Sites, configured through AD Sites and Services, Site one is the local LAN on the 192.168.x.x subnet, Site two is a remote site in a datacentre on the public-facing 87.127.x.x subnet - the two sites are connecting via VPN on Sonicwall firewalls the VPN connection is solid - and commuications from Site one to Site two is fine, and vice versa netdiag and dcdiag from both sides report no problems My Exchange Server is in Site two, along with a DC/GC and appears to be working fine (still in testing phase), OWA works...

OWA Administration and SAV for Exchange
On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable to access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely. The OWA tool is not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like to be able to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are somehow related. When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the page cannot be found, but the address bar shows https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address. When we try to...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

Cannot access OMA page
I've read through a number of the threads here, but haven't been able to find an answer. Apologies in advance if this has already been solved. Would appreciate a pointer to a thread if so. Environment: Windows Server 2003 Advanced SP1, up-to-date (DCSRV) Exchange Server 2003 SP2, up-to-date (EXCHSRV) Basically I can't get ActiveSync/OMA to work, so I started by trying to access the OMA page through a browser. I'm seeing the following behavior when I try to access OMA: Browser (IE6) displays: "Unable to connect to your mailbox on server EXCHSRV. Please try again ...

Antivirus for Exchange 2003 #2
Hi All, Can somebody share some experience about antivirus for exchange 2003 !!! Thanks in advance ! Tedy Scanmail for Exchange 2000/2003 from TrendMicro is the best! "msnews.microsoft.com" <tedybb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eyknclULEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Can somebody share some experience about antivirus for exchange 2003 !!! > Thanks in advance ! > > Tedy > > Obviously there are a number of vendors out there. But only two you need to look at. Trend Micro, and Sybari. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://...

store formula in macro then paste it when macro runs
I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns, deleting rows, etc - also I need to add some formulas to the file so that the data is formatted according to my specifications and to be used in another model. The formula is to be pasted on cell B3 ... and the formula is =RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3). Thanks Is this what you need? Sub PasteFormula() Range("B3").Formula = "=RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3)" End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "Nina" wrote: > I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns...

Access and Daye Formats
Is there any way to make Access overrife the computer regional settings for date formats. I am having problems with mdbs using Canadian date formats DD/MM/YYYY when installed on systems that have US date formats in regional settings MM/DD/YYYY. A lot of Canadians it seems simply leave the US defaults on preinstalled Windows and it causes dates to be screwed up. Any help appreciated. Thank you. Ray Ray, take a look at: International Date Formats in Access at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html It discusses the 3 cases where Access is likely to misunderstand our d/m/y date set...

Exchange 2003 #39
Currently running Exchange 2003 on a server that we want to put out of service. We have around 300 user accounts. What is the best method to move all everything over onto a New Server? Thanks Hi Mhernandez, Is this other server Exchange 200X? If so you can move your mailboxes to your new server then follow the following MS KB article to move other services to your new server and remove your orriginal server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 You will also need to change your MX record. If moving to an Exchange server in another org, the procedure is sli...

Unhandled execption in ariel.exe(APIOCX):0xC0000005 :Access violation
Can you help me to find out the mistake i am doing while calling the dll............... i am really thankful to you for your time and support.... "Unhandled execption in ariel.exe(APIOCX):0xC0000005 :Access violation" whenever i debug my code i got this error.... Dll function : short setQuoteToDB( BSTR* strDateTimeStamp, short* intMarketNo, BSTR* strMarketName, BSTR* strBid, BSTR* strAsk, short* intMarketState); code: typedef int (CALLBACK* Set_Quote_DB) (unsigned short**, short*, ...

merge email outlook 2003
Help, I am trying to complete an email merge. Everything goes great until sending - I can only 25 about 25 messages then Outlook 'freezes' and send me an error message: "Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: ?S2 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed.'" My Internet Server says they are not the problem in fact I have a 'business account' and should have a fairly large message limit (certainly extremely larger than my currant project). ...

Error message when starting Outlook 2003
New office, new desk, newer computer that is supposed to be better... but every time I start Outlook I get the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Detect and repair doesn't resolve the problem. Really. We tried twice. There's no information that I can find on this in the MS Knowledge Base. Our "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy's" solution for the problem is to ignore it. But the problem is jus...

Adobe Illustrator to Publisher 2003
Is there a way to convert an Illustrator file to Publisher format? No. You'd Export your artwork as an appropriate image file... .tif, .png, jpg etc. Then use it in Publisher -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25FBC19-B60A-4214-9388-5C1176AEFBF8@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert an Illustrator file to Publisher format? Actually your question prompted me to try dropping an grouped .ai vector object(s) into Publisher 2007, and I w...