Admin can view all users' mail through OWA.

Hello All,

I installed Exchange 2003 Svr and it works well so far.
We are using OWA feature and it is pretty good for someone who travels a lot.
The problem is under domain administrator account all users' email can be
accessible.

Does anyone know how to prevent this thing? ( I don't know whether or not it
is set by default in Exchange 2003 server)

TIA
0
Back9 (5)

There's a permission issue there.

Check in the private information store, and uncheck Receive as and
Send as checkboxes.

That may help...

Saludos,

Pablo Vernocchi
vernocchi@nospam.redusers.com
Buenos Aires, Argentina

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:04 -0800, Back 9
<Back9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I installed Exchange 2003 Svr and it works well so far.
>We are using OWA feature and it is pretty good for someone who travels a lot.
>The problem is under domain administrator account all users' email can be
>accessible.
>
>Does anyone know how to prevent this thing? ( I don't know whether or not it
>is set by default in Exchange 2003 server)
>

>TIA

0
vernocchi (21)
1/14/2005 12:38:24 AM
Could you explain it more specific?
I couldn't find the private information store in Exchange 2003 svr.
I am sure that there was in Exchanage 2000 Svr.

TIA

"Pablo Vernocchi" wrote:

> There's a permission issue there.
>
> Check in the private information store, and uncheck Receive as and
> Send as checkboxes.
>
> That may help...
>
> Saludos,
>
> Pablo Vernocchi
> vernocchi@nospam.redusers.com
> Buenos Aires, Argentina
>

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:04 -0800, Back 9
> <Back9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >I installed Exchange 2003 Svr and it works well so far.
> >We are using OWA feature and it is pretty good for someone who travels a lot.
> >The problem is under domain administrator account all users' email can be
> >accessible.
> >
> >Does anyone know how to prevent this thing? ( I don't know whether or not it
> >is set by default in Exchange 2003 server)
> >

> >TIA

0
Back9 (5)
1/14/2005 7:17:04 PM
You need to change the permissions in AD use the Advanced View in AD Users
and Computers and look at Mailbox Rights.  Becareful though I do not know
what problems will occur if you change the default permissions.  Also it make
a good tool if you need to access a mailbox for someone to while they are
offsite.  I think what you need is a good adminstrative policy explaining
that connectivity will be monitored and your admins can loose their
administrative rights if they abuse it.

"Back 9" wrote:

> Could you explain it more specific?
> I couldn't find the private information store in Exchange 2003 svr.
> I am sure that there was in Exchanage 2000 Svr.
>
> TIA
>
> "Pablo Vernocchi" wrote:
>
> > There's a permission issue there.
> >
> > Check in the private information store, and uncheck Receive as and
> > Send as checkboxes.
> >
> > That may help...
> >
> > Saludos,
> >
> > Pablo Vernocchi
> > vernocchi@nospam.redusers.com
> > Buenos Aires, Argentina
> >

> > On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:53:04 -0800, Back 9
> > <Back9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello All,
> > >
> > >I installed Exchange 2003 Svr and it works well so far.
> > >We are using OWA feature and it is pretty good for someone who travels a lot.
> > >The problem is under domain administrator account all users' email can be
> > >accessible.
> > >
> > >Does anyone know how to prevent this thing? ( I don't know whether or not it
> > >is set by default in Exchange 2003 server)
> > >

> > >TIA

0
melry88 (3)

Outlook 2007 Macro for replying to an e-mail.
I'm looking for macro script that would do the following: Run from an e-mail, creating a reply, change the subject, change the message type to html, copy text from a draft, paste into the body. any ideas? Thanks, The current message is Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem. For an email it returns a MailItem object. See MailItem in the object browser (f2), which tells you what properties and functions are available. For instance, there's a Reply function that returns a new MailItem object. It supoprts Subject, BodyFormat etc. -- Best regards Michael B...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm looking for some guidance with Exchange 2003 Currently I am running this on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP1 This is a Dell PowerEdge Server with Quad 2.8ghz Xeon Processors and 3gig of RAM All Updates are current and this is running in an Active Directory Mixed Mode Evironment. My issue is that all of my Outlook clients are unable to get any mail internal or external. It seems to go through the Sending proccess without any problems but Outlook will just hang while recieving from every client within the network. OWA seems to be working fine. I have taken a look a...

Excel Spreadsheet as an E-mail attachment
I use Lotus Notes for e-mail. When I try to open an excel attachment that has been sent via e-mail, there is nothing in the spreadsheet. All that shows is a "%" in cell 1, row 2. The tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet simply shows a "~ 12345". I've not had this problem in the past. I have checked the macro level; it is set at medium, so I don't know what else it might be. I've asked the senders to resend the attachment, but the same thing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much. Margie I use MS Office OutLook for email and have n...

Outlook 2003 outbox mail date 'none' will not send
There seems to be a bug in Outlook 2003 The sequence of events is as follows:- Start Outlook 2003 Create new mail Send Mail goes to outbox with sent date 'None' Select send/receive Dial up connection starts Mail received No mail sent Delete unsent mail Exit and restart Outlook 2003 Create new mail as before - date none again Create another mail and send This time it gets the right date in outbox and send/receive sends it OK First mail still says none and is not sent Delete unsent mail Repeat exercise with several emails Only the first one says none and is not sent Repeat exerci...

Exch2k3/OWA/IE7
We currently have Exch2k3/OWA running in our company with ssl/forms based login. All works fine for everyone up until recently with ie7. IE7 users get a "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" message The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. If I choose continue on to website i can get in but the ce...

Can't send mail
Hi, Is there some kind of secret about sending mail? I haven't been able to figure out how to send emails with any of my different accounts with outlook. I can recieve them just fine but I can't send any. What configurations do I need? Thanks! Allstarpballer What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of account(s)? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Allstarpballer" <gamgeek@allstarpball.com> wrote in mess...

Can I add a picture to a cell? #2
Thanks alot for replies -- Jua ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Juan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26356 ...

What mailbox sizes can we have with 438GB of space?
Hi, what mailbox sizes can we have with 438GB of space on an Exchnage 2003 server? We have about 500 users, we are not sure if it's compressed etc.... Thanks Andy Hi AW, With an Exchange database at least early on Single instance storage will yield about a 30% space savings for the actual data. You will not see that for sure though because there are index tables and other "extra" information in the databases. I recommend that you use the following rule. 438Gb - 10% for a safety margin = 394Gb 394Gb / 500 Users = 780 Mb Round Down to an event number for extra margin a...

restrict particular user using OWA
Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the OWA? Thanks for any help provided "Eva" <eva@addon.com.sg> wrote in message news:c36001c4389c$f8ba7780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using > the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the > OWA? > > Thanks for any help provided Which version of Exchange? All versions allow you to disable the HTTP protocol for individual mailboxes, but where you do it is in a different place for differe...

Exchange 2k3/OWA html Wierdness
I just upgraded to Exchange 2k3, now when I generate messages in OWA all of the html code is displayed. This only seems to happen when I originate messages outside of the domain. Any ideas? TIA Ken Sadler <ksadler_no@spam_dstincorporated.com> wrote: >I just upgraded to Exchange 2k3, now when I generate messages in OWA >all of the html code is displayed. This only seems to happen when I >originate messages outside of the domain. Any ideas? have you configured outlook to display html messages a 'plain text'? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange ...

How does AD Users and Computers tool recognize a user?
How does the AD Users and Computers tool recognize a user from any other object? I ask because I've got a user that has all the same attributes as a user created by the AD U/C tool itself, with the exception of an additional custom structural objectclass. The tool refuses to look at this user. -- Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/ Hello hume.spamfilter@bofh.ca, What do you mean with "any other object"? I can not understand this. How was the other user account created? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided ...

Exchange Full Admin
We have exchange 2003 installed on Windows 2003 AD environment. Can I remove my Exchange email administrator's AD login from the role Exchange Full Admin and give him the role Exchange Admin only. I want him to do only routine tasks and specially I DONOT want him to change any permissions and do anything malicious. On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 04:18:01 -0700, vashi <vashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have exchange 2003 installed on Windows 2003 AD environment. > >Can I remove my Exchange email administrator's AD login from the role >Exchange Full Admin and g...

How can SUM a column based on values of other columns?
I need help Suming up Amount column based on values of three different columns. Let's say I have the following Detail Data: Month Institute Account Type Amount Memo 1/1/2008 Bank of America Checking 500 Deposit 1/1/2008 Bank of America Checking -200 Check #111 1/1/2008 Bank of America Saving 400 Deposit 1/1/2008 Bank of America Saving 150 Deposit 1/1/2008 CitiBank Checking 50 Deposit 1/1/2008 CitiBank Saving 100 Deposit How can I SUM t...

Relay by User Name
Hi I'm using Exchange 2003 and wanted to enable relaying by users. My question is how does exchange authenticate the user before allowing/disallowing a relay? If a user is authenticated on the domain by logging onto a machine can they then generate SMTP mail that will be relayed or do they have to authenticate specifically? I ask this because we have a subset of users that journey between a large amount of sites and therefore pick up a range of IP addresses. They use a piece of software that uses SMTP so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this without opening up the ...

SOP I want to override prices on some items, not all
In the SOP module, I'd like to be able to override prices on a few specific items that we use for services, where the prices changes each time, without prompting the user for a password. I want all other items to be password protected (which I have set up now). Any thoughts on how I can do this (without resorting to custom coding)? Thanks! Any Service Items (such as Rental, Lease, etc.) can be entered as a Non-Inventory Item on a SOP Line. For such Items, you would not be prompted with a password to override the price. Those items which are created in your Inventory Module would ...

Reset (Change) users passwords.
Great Plains Version 7.0, SQL 2000 GP SQL Options on, Omni Password Management Module Installed Advanced Security Module Installed. We would like our Helpdesk to manage resetting (changing) users passwords when they have fotgotten their password. Is it possible to achieve this without having the helpdesk staff login as 'sa' ? Thanks in advance Greg Davies Hi You can add new admin user in GP, and then assign it a System Administrators role in SQL for all GP Databases. This is no different to using sa since this new account will have the same max permission as SA. Regar...

Can not Display Russian Text
How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail from friends in Russia, the text in jumbled and unreadable. This isn't because I can not read Russian but the display of the text is not correct. How do I fix this. I am using Windows XP Pro and I have already included the Russian text in the control panel options, the only thing I can think of it might be Outlook, can onyone help? Hy, have you installed the whole Russian language from the Office CD? >-----Original Message----- >How do I display Russian text? When I receive an e-mail >from friends in Russia,...

(O2k,OXP) "Run All" Mail Filter Rules from Toolbar?
Is there a way to run all mail filter rules from a single toolbar click in Outlook 2000/2002? I can see how to add a toolbar button to bring up the filter rules dialog, but I still have to manually check every rule and then choose 'Run Now'. I want to be able to click one button, one time, and have every filter rule fire in its default order. If there's no built-in way, I'd appreciate any advice as to whether it's possible via VBA, and if so where to start. Tx, --Chris Mackie ...

Delivery Status Messages
Where can I configure the FROM account for the delivery status messages? It seems one of my counterparts our organization has gotten all of these notice messages tied to his own account instead of a generic postmaster account. Thanks! On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:07:42 -0800, "dave313" <dave313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Where can I configure the FROM account for the delivery status messages? > >It seems one of my counterparts our organization has gotten all of these >notice messages tied to his own account instead of a generic postmaster >account. >...

User Defined/Custom Input
I have just finished creating a sales cost sheet for flooring installation projects. The sheet consists of a number of drop down lists which allows the sales manager to specify the details of the job ie. There are dropdowns for different types of installation methods, underpad, transitions, stairs, etc.... sales mgr selects the appropriate description in each cell (column A) & the appropriate price shows up in the 'unit price' column. I would like to incorporate another features into the sheet but I'm not sure how to do it. If I use underpad as an example... we sell...

Imported data is not visible to other users......
I imported data into CRM using CRM Import functionality and some with Direct SQL inserts through smart way. I am able to see the data and i am able to browse it and update it. My User is assigned to Sales Person Role, System Administrator Role and Sales Manager Role. So i can see all data. Sales Department has Sales Person Rights but they are not able to View the Accounts that ,Notes and Activities. Any help, How i can set the permissions for the sales person. We want every one to see every ones data..... i figure it out that a User having sales person permission can not view other user d...

Listing DisplayName(Fax) in E-mail AddressBook List
Hello, I would appericate any help with this one. I have a very diffcult client Who Hates that fact that when creating a New e-mail message (in outlook xp/02) that when you hit the 'TO' button to select e-mail address/names to include with the message Tha is also Displys a Fax listing too for contacts that have one. Anyway they have asked me to fix it however I know that you can move the Coloums over to the left so that the Display Name is showing first. But is there an option that will allow you to Not display a Fax in the E-mail Address listing when adding names to a new mes...

uml state diagram, can not add event string to transition shape
the struct and event fields are grey in UML property page. so i can not add event string to the transition arrow. ...

Can I send a message from one session to another session?
I have two databases: One contains only tables (tables.mdb) and the other all queries, forms, modules (interface.mdb). When a user opens interface.mdb he can't do anything unless he links to the tables in a tables database or creates one (which is automatically opened/linked.) I need to be able to send a message from one session of interface.mdb to another session of it. Let me clarify: The databases are for managing tasks. Mr. Manager has one session of interface.mdb open on his machine. Simultaneously Mr. Employee has another session of interface.mdb open. Both users are linked to...

Can=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t remove New Subfolder and enclosed Templates/Alphabetical order?