email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org.
 But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the
following NDRs:
#5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable.

#5.4.0

Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't
get the NDR from within our Exchange Org?

0
sabo_e (163)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:02 -0700, Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote:

>We are running Exchange 2003 SP2.    We setup an MX record for a external
>email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org.
> But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the
>following NDRs:
>#5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable.
>
>#5.4.0
>
>Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't
>get the NDR from within our Exchange Org?

Whose mail server does the mx record for that domain  point to?

0
adavid (8731)
8/4/2006 3:26:09 PM
alumniconnections.com

We are using a connector for our org?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:08:02 -0700, Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote:
>
> >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2.    We setup an MX record for a external
> >email(alumni.cup.edu) these mailboxes do not exist within our exchange org.
> > But when we send email to these externals email mailboxes we are getting the
> >following NDRs:
> >#5.5.0 smtp;550 Mailbox unavailable.
> >
> >#5.4.0
> >
> >Is there a way in exchange to ignore these email address so that we don't
> >get the NDR from within our Exchange Org?
> >

> Whose mail server does the mx record for that domain  point to?

0
sabo_e (163)
8/4/2006 3:39:02 PM
Never mind, the vendor gave me the wrong FQDN.

Everything seems to be working just fine now.

Sorry to waste your time on this issue.