Address in Public Folder not shows on address book

Hi,

Recently we found there are several contact records where
recored in Public Folder not able to appear in address
book. However I can find them at Public folder from folder
list. May I know what happen to my email server? For your
information I'm using Exchange Server 5.5.

Thanks in advance.
Michelle
0
jiacat (1)

Is the "hide from the address book" check box checked? Look on the
properties of the public folder. I believe its under the advanced tab.

On Tue, 18 May 2004 01:09:46 -0700, "Michelle" <jiacat@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently we found there are several contact records where
>recored in Public Folder not able to appear in address
>book. However I can find them at Public folder from folder
>list. May I know what happen to my email server? For your
>information I'm using Exchange Server 5.5.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Michelle

0
adavid (8731)

controlling send/receive of two email addresses
How do I limit or control which email address (user) sends and receives at any given time? On 10/22/2003 8:07 PM, Allan wrote: > How do I limit or control which email address (user) > sends and receives at any given time? In Outlook 2003, go to Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive Settings -> Define Send/Receive Groups. Hope that helps. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

How to view file and folder permissions
Hi All, We're using SharePoint 2007 and people have started setting file and folder level permissions. Question - Is there some way to view the permissions set on all the files and folders, like in a Designer Report, or setting meta data? Is there an easy way, without looking at the permissions on each file and folder to see what files and folders have stopped inheriting permissions from the library and now have unique permissions? There has to be some way to get this information, I just can't find it. Thanks. -- Jane You'll need some third party add-on so...

IP address for each DNS name?
Can I have my exchange server operate on two IP address each with different names as if they were two servers? Please don't ask why I want to, but can this be done? Server1.example.com: mail.example.com, 192.168.1.1 (all mail for example.com sent/received exclusively for this IP) Virtual SMTP Server: mail.domain.com 192.168.1.2 (all mail for domain.com sent/received exclusively for this IP) "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote: >Can I have my exchange server operate on two IP address each with different >names as if they were two servers? ...

Unable to Display the folder. The operation failed.
I am migrating from 5.5 to 2003 , when I try to look at someone's e-mail from Outlook 2000 or 2003 as the domain administrator I get the error "Unable to Display the Folder. The Operation failed". I notice on the mailbox that Full Mailbox Access is set to Deny but it is grayed out so therefore I unable to take it off. Thanks in Advance Kevin. Try the following article making your account a memeber of the security group 292509 HOWTO: How to configure an account to use ExMerge on Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=292509 -- Alan Williams Microsoft Exchange Suppo...

Spreadsheet shows through desktop
Hi, I would bet this is a simple one to figure out. All of a sudden when I open my XL 2002 spreadsheets, they all open where the windows and borders are visible/ okay, but the cells are invisible and I can see through to my desktop. It happens on all sheets, new or existing. Can someone please help???????? Billy There have been a few posts about this (I've never seen it up close and personal). IIRC, the solutions varied between closing excel and restarting and even rebooting the pc. Not much of a solution, huh? Billy wrote: > > Hi, > > I would bet this is a simple one t...

formula for check book
Writing a checkbook and need to take the balance in the worksheet and either add or subtract a cell value from the balance depending on if it is a Debit or credit whech will both be on the same line. Thanks in advance. To explain better, in one cell I need a formula that will add or subtract, depending which cell is filled in. Hope this helps. "Mike Busch" wrote: > Writing a checkbook and need to take the balance in the worksheet and either > add or subtract a cell value from the balance depending on if it is a Debit > or credit whech will both be on the same line...

Modified ship-to address on sales transactions
I'm trying to construct a query based on orders where the ship-to address was typed in on the order. When you type in a custom ship-to address on a sales transaction, is a flag set somewhere for that document indicating that the address for that order was typed in? If you look at an order where the ship-to address has been changed there is a visual cue. I'm guessing that cue is not displayed based on a dynamic comparison of the address info on the order vs. the address info for the respective address id. Thanks in advance. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0660032A Co...

Can folders in the Address Book be hidden/restricted to users in 5
Hi, Can folders in the Address Book be hidden or restricted to users in Exchange 5.5? Thanks, TNA TNA wrote: > Hi, > > Can folders in the Address Book be hidden or restricted to users in > Exchange > 5.5? > > Thanks, > TNA Hi - I don't know what you mean by 'folders' in the address book. Can you explain what you mean & are trying to do? Hi Lanwench, We have some client containers in our Global Address List. Some of these containers are for V.P.s and senior staff only so we would like to restrict or hide them. Is that possible? Right now, everyo...

calendar disappeared from public folder
Hi, Have a wierd one here I think. I am running exchange 5.5 with 15 users accessing it. Now over the past couple of days somthing weird has happened. In the public folders on exchange we have calendars and contacts shared out. The first togo was the contacts which a contain within many different sub containners within the public folder tree. All that was left was the folders all contents gone as if someone was after deleting them. Now today a calendar disappeared. Can some help. Regards Aaron ...

No longer need Public Folders-Need to delete them.
My company has decided to remove the Public Folders in Exchange. We are running Exchange 2003. Before I do anything, I am looking for a correct process to do this. What steps do I need to take? They are just gathering Spam to the associated email addresses linked to them. Any assistance or tips would be great. thanks You do know that you can set the Public Folders to accept messages from only authenticated users, right? You can also set the PF permissions to not allow anonymous to contribute new posts (client permissions). Both these solutions should fix the spam problem. Also, you ...

Junk Mail Folder size
Is there a way to scan a users mailbox and show details of the junk mail folder. I am looking for a way to create a report that will show me the John Doe has 200 items in his junk mail folder and it is currently 3mb in size. I would also like to use this on other folders as well. (ie sent folder) Thanks in advance Any way? You could write a program. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "faf1967" <faf1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D9DB97C-D543-4685-8BB5-042DE58A0CDD@microsoft.com... > Is t...

Changing Default Show As to Free
In the 2003 version of Outlook for the New Appointment calendar object, I was able to change the default Show As status to Free instead of Busy. Now in the 2007 version, I can't seem to find where to change this at all. I've looked in Tools > Options as well as Customize. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Kelly "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E3527A9-37B0-4667-BE05-80F4C357C4EE@microsoft.com... > In the 2003 version of Outlook for the New Appointment calendar object, I > was > able to change...

Can I show email and calendar in one view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to figure out a way to have a calendar view to the right of my inbox, either in place of the preview plane or next to it. <br><br>Is there any way to do this? Hi, you can only have the mini-calendar show up right next to the inbox. If it is not already visible, just click on the tiny triangle button in the lower left corner of the Entourage main window. If you want a calendar or a list showing your appointments (as you can in the Windows version of Ou...

One account with multiple addresses
Outlook 2002 I have two email addresses - a "personal" address provided by the ISP and a "work" address which is is a recieve address only, there's no outgoing mail server. So I have my work email forwarded to my personal ISP, and I have a separate account set up on Outlook to deal with that mail. I would like to be able to automatically reply to emails so that the replies look like they're coming from the correct account. That is, if I receive an email addressed to my work account, I would like the reply to look like it's coming from the work account. Sa...

Odd issue
Hi, Odd issue this one. Someone created an account (Logon) for a new starter the other day. Lets say 'Dave Smith' for easy reference. E-mail account created as well(Exchange 2000) and it puts the default Dave.Smith@companyname.com as default SMTP address. Normally all fine, never have to look again. Now the user is complaining that there is a rogue 'S' infront of their first name!? Sure enough when they sent a test e-mail it can out as Sdave.Smith@companyname.com I just can't work out why. I view every attribute for the user mail account and nobody has mistakenly...

Staff Working Hours? (Booking System)
Hi. Im currently doing a database for a Salon Booking System and was wondering if you could help with some explanation on something. I want to have the staff available certain times on certain days depending on what they can work so they all have different shifts. How would i implement this into a form so i can enter that information? Also how would i go out about searching whether a staff member is working that day/time to be able to take that appointment along with whether they can actually do that treatment or not. Thanks for any help you could give. Jake, as I said, this is a huge que...

Visual Basic Book
I'm thinking of purchasing a visual basic book to use as a reference. I use VB often and have a pretty good basic understanding but would like to get something to use as a reference for more complicated issues I come accross. Any suggestions on a good book? Debra Dalgleish has a good list of books at her site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html You can't do much better than John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Power Programming With VBA Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 22 Dec 2006 09:38:07 -0800, "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote: >I'm thinking of purchasing a visu...

RECOVERY CONTACTS FOLDER
User with owner permissions deleted contacts folder. Information store was NOT configured for item recovery (it is now). Is there a way to retrieve data? I've run a tape restore from a few days ago and the missing folder is not there. you just have to restore from a backup that was taken before the folder was deleted... "jlegoland4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17c9a01c418de$c79566c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > User with owner permissions deleted contacts folder. > Information store was NOT configured for item recovery (it > is now...

Public Folders #42
I am trying to access the client permissions on a public folder and keep getting the same error Your Profile is not configured. An unexpected, unknown error has occured. Microsoft Exchange Server Store. ID no. 8004011c-0521-00000000 ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! Did you install Outlook on the same machine? -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "rurynofan" <rurynofan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:613926E7-FD07-43E9-B960-1536EE3B53C8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to access the ...

Can't access public folders #2
Hey guys, I have outlook open and when I try to access public folders, outlook just says Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the microsoft exchange server. Its exchange 2000, I'm using outlook 2003. Email seems to be fine. Any ideas? Thanks guys! Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, I have outlook open and when I try to access public folders, >outlook just says Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the microsoft >exchange server. Its exchange 2000, I'm using outlook 2003. Email seems to be >fine. Any ideas? Is the default public fol...

change existing publication
I created a postcard using a template. Can I convert it to a 6" x 9" without re-doing the whole thing? You can change the size but you will have to tweak it to fit. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Christopher" <Christopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0565330E-1E96-4AAC-AAF6-2C3E64FC573F@microsoft.com... >I created a postcard using a template. Can I convert it to a 6" x 9" >without > re-doing the whole thing? If you have Publisher 2003, yes y...

Recovering Closed Folder from Folder List
I closed a Folder on the Folder List using the right click on the mouse. Was this folder deleted or just hidden? Can it be restored? If yes, How? Thanks It was just closed. You need to search your computer for all .pst files (unless you know the name of the pst). To search for All pst's just open the search box and look for: *.pst Then look at the dates of the files to try to determine which one it was. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e201c394f2$4ee78ca0$a101280a@phx.gbl... I closed a Fo...

OWA and Public Folders #6
Hello, I've recently implemented OWA in our organization and have a question concerning Public Folder access through it. When I click on Public Folders in the left pane of the OWA client, it opens the PF right up and replaces the left pane with all Public Folders, but then when I want to get back to the Inbox etc, I have to logout of PF's, then it shows me my original OWA desktop with the Inbox etc and when I try and open an email or something, it then asks me to put in my credentials again. Is this normal? Thanks, George On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:18:22 GMT, George <George@geo.com&g...

adress book from outlook express
hi how do i impotr adress book from outlook espress in my computer and how do i do it from outlook on a remote one? thanks ari File > Import and Export... > Internet Mail and Addresses... On a remote computer you must import OE's WAB into OE first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093801c3b009$6682fac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi > how do i impotr adress book from outlook espress in my > computer and how do i do it from outlook on a remote one? > thanks > ari ...

newsgroup folder
When I click "news" in OL 2003 it opens folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033" instead of the newsreader anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks "Lam" <sky_walkman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uIeFkTcoDHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I click "news" in OL 2003 > it opens folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033" > instead of the newsreader > anyone knows how to fix it? > Thanks > I have the same problem, and I know of one other guy that has it too. He claims that it has somet...