Address book updating...

Hello all,
I have noticed since we moved to Exchange 2003 that it takes a long time
(several hours) before I see newly created accounts in the address book.
Is there somewhere I can adjust the update time?
TIA,
Gary

0
hornbeck (25)

Check the update interval in the RUS (Recipient Update Service).

Teo

"GaryH" wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have noticed since we moved to Exchange 2003 that it takes a long time
> (several hours) before I see newly created accounts in the address book.
> Is there somewhere I can adjust the update time?
> TIA,
> Gary

Thank you...I will do that.  Appreciate.
"Teo Gomez" <teoatinventrixdotnet> wrote in message
> Check the update interval in the RUS (Recipient Update Service).
>
> Teo
>
> "GaryH" wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> > I have noticed since we moved to Exchange 2003 that it takes a long time
> > (several hours) before I see newly created accounts in the address book.
> > Is there somewhere I can adjust the update time?
> > TIA,
> > Gary

0
hornbeck (25)

changing the FROM address in forwarded email
Hello, I want to setup an email address that will be just for forwarding (ie forwarding@abc.com). Any message sent to this address will be sent to another mailbox (ie target@abc.com). Now here is the tricky part. I want the forwarded message to have "forwarding@abc.com" in the FROM field (as opposed to the email of the original sender). Is this possible? thanks christos You could probably do that with a custom-written event sink or some SMTP host that does content inspection and modification. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backu...

Sending an Access report to specific email addresses?
Hello, I'm creating an MS Access form for employees to use when reporting errors with our GIS (geographic information systems) data. One option I'd like to add to the form is the ability to automatically email an error report to the GIS personnel so that they instantly know when there's a data error/issue. I've been able to figure out how to make a button that creates an Outlook message with an attachment of the error report, but I'd like for this email message to automatically have two email addresses populated in the "To:" field of Outlook. I'm just not...

File name to be printed in "STATUS" update
Hello Dear, I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. However, the status update that I recieve does not give me the file name. Please advise how to set up the file name to be printed in status update. Thank you Majid Hello Sweetheart, What status update are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Majid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34e001c4aad1$6fcd7880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello Dear, > I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. > However, the status update that I recieve does...

multiple sending addresses
How can I set up Outlook to have multiple sending addresses. I have set up two accounts, but in the email window of Outlook there is no From: with the pulldown listing the from address choice as there is in Outlook Express. Please Help. Lu Winberg "lucenak@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123501c3b8c2$96ed0db0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > How can I set up Outlook to have multiple sending > addresses. I have set up two accounts, but in the email > window of Outlook there is no From: with the pulldown > listing the from address...

Add an Address Book in 2000
Can you have more than one Address Book in 2000? How do you add one and then distinguish between the two?? Thanks...............Dr. Bob of Texas Outlook uses Contact folders and, yes, you can have more than one. Name them differently for visual purposes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dr Bob asked: | Can you have more than one Address Book in 2000? | How do you add one and ...

Adding addresses to Address Book
I have a large group of emails I want to add their addresses to my address book. Do I have to open each one and add to the address book or is there a way I can select the headers of all the emails and add all of them at one time to my address book? Thanx, Kelly Kelly wrote: > I have a large group of emails I want to add their addresses to my > address book. Do I have to open each one and add to the address book > or is there a way I can select the headers of all the emails and add > all of them at one time to my address book? > > Thanx, > Kelly I think it's ...

Not Resolving to E-Mails Address for Me
When I send or receive e-mails that are tracked in CRM, the system doesn't seem to be be resolving my own e-mail address. For a sent message, for example, in Outllook, I go to Sent Items, double-click on an e-mail, click View in CRM, and I see either of the following messages, depending on if I'm sending or receiving: The sender's e-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system Of course I checked, and my e-mail address is in there for my Contact record. That same contact record is the P...

bringing up address book
Hi I know i can create shortcuts to create new tasks, email, notes, etc. but is there any way to open the address book in a shortcut. or do i always have to bring up the main outlook window or blank email and click to open address book? tia Jeff I am not sure what you are asking. If you have Outlook open and need to bring up the address book, Control + Shift + B will bring it up. If you look under File->New in the main Outlook window, it will show you the shortcuts for all the options. However, Outlook must be open for the shortcuts to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Booking Seats
Dear All, We wish to have facility to book tickets and seats for cinema or circuit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b95967f9-0b63-4cdd-a79c-ed6b098e5210&...

email address drop down menu recall memory
People who I email frequently sometimes automatically appear when I begin to type their address. But why do they mysteriously disappearafter if I don't email them for a few days? Is there a setting for the time period of which my computer will remember them? No. Names are removed only after 1000 have been stored (FIFO). What you are seeing is a common malfunction of Outlook which Microsoft has yet to acknowledge or solve. You can only fix the problem with third party software for now. http://www.ingressor.com/ingressor.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "everett" <e...

Setting "Reply" address
I just Installed Office 2003. I am trying to define my settings in outlook. I've imported all my mail and filters from OE. I use several different email addresses, How do I automatically get a reply message to be sent from the address that it was addressed to... When I click reply and send a message, it looks like the message is being sent from my default address. Probably more questions to come... Rina -- Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is left on my server Rina wrote: > I just Installed Office 2003. > > I am trying to define my settings in ou...

Copy entire work book
I am using XL2000 SP3, and I need to copy an entire workbook of 96 worksheets, but with values only. Is there some way to do this all at once. thanks Daniel > Is there some way to do this all at once. Couldn't you just group all the sheets? Then select all (CTRL+A)? Then copy & paste special (values)? And Save As? HTH, Andy "Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:ObWQuZTtDHA.3236@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Is there some way to do this all at once. > > Couldn't you just group all the sheets? Then select all (CTRL+A)? ...

Sending Mail from Public Folder Address
We have exchange 2003 running on Windows 2k3. We are using outlook 2003. I have granted the Exchange General tab on the public folder I placed users in the 'send on behalf' under delivery options. I have also granted them send as driectory rights premission on the permissions tab. In outlook, when I enter the mail address of the public folder in the from field I get the following: "You do not have sufficient to preform the operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." I have logged in as domain admin, who also has a exchange account,...

managing e-mail addresses that computer is collecting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange when creating a new e-mail as i start to type a name, many choices start appearing. <br> Many of these are NOT from my contacts or address book, but previous sends to me <br> How and where can i edit these out? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350708575_5144918 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3350708576_5116592" --B_3350708576_5116592 Conte...

Can't update quotes
I am having a problem updating internet quotes . I use Money 98 Financial Suite. When I attempt to update my quotes online all of my stocks come back as "The symbol "XXX" is invalid". I realize that Money 98 is an old product, but the internet quotes should still update. Don't count on that assertion. One by one it seems quotes downloads for older versions are mysteriously breaking. Can't say for sure about M98--but research posting history for newsgroup microsoft.public.money in advanced groups search at http://groups.google.com for prior postings in the sub...

Do you know a good book on Excel Formulas?
I haven't used excel in awhile. I am trying to create formulas on percentage, subtraction and addition. Is there a good book that would have all kinds of formulas in it? Hi, Bluebell. This is Allentown. The Excel help files has a description of every formula that Excel contains. Also, just searching the web for the name of the function provides many, many examples. There are thousands of Excel sites out there. Also, most any book should work. There just aren't THAT many formulas that you'd need more than the help files...that's my opinion. -- ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArti...

Why Office 2007 updates for office 2003?
We are running Office 2003 on one computer. The March update downloads from MS want me to take and install the following Office 2007 patches: Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB977724) Date last published: 3/9/2010 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Date last published: 3/9/2010 These are obviously for Office 2007. The information provided with the update makes no mention of working with or needed by Office 2003. But it keeps suggesting I install these 2 patches. Why? Should I install them? I do have MS Live Meeting 2007 inst...

Confusing address books
I am very confused about address books. When I clicked Too/Address book (in Outlook2003), I see three selections: Outlookd address Contacts Personal address. Why so many? It confuses not-so-smart people like me. Could someone clarify what is each of three addresses for and how to use them? Satoshi You first. How many Contact Folders do you have in your profile? Never choose the Outlook Address Book. It will always be empty. It is just the shell that holds each Contact Folder that you have designated for display as an email address book. Just follow the directions here: http://support.m...

Email address is not updated.
When you receive an email into CRM that can not be resolved to an existing contact or account, CRM offers a handy resolution tool. I have noticed however that if you use the tool to create a new contact or account the email address is not carried over or updated. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Greg ...

Good Book for MFC with VS2005 and VC++
Can anyone recommend a good book for getting a good understanding on how to understand MFC using VS2005 and VC++? I've searched Amazon and other book sites and it seems that most MFC books are from the 1998-2001. Thanks > Can anyone recommend a good book for getting a good understanding on > how to understand MFC using VS2005 and VC++? > > I've searched Amazon and other book sites and it seems that most MFC > books are from the 1998-2001. > These books are still very valid as far as MFC is concerned. Only thing that is missing is .Net related functionality that h...

Outlook Rules: when email comes into inbox want to place email address into contact list
Hi there, Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email address and add it to a specified contact list. Can this be done?? Thanks Steven <stevenpelham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137031390.188120.152420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email > comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email > address and add it to a specified contact list. > > Can this be done?? So ...

Updateable Query problem in Windows 7
I'm using Office 2003 in a new windows 7 computer. I copied a database to the new computer from the server. When I try to run the following query, I get a "must use updateable query" error. UPDATE LowStockListQuery1B INNER JOIN NewList3 ON LowStockListQuery1B.number = NewList3.item SET NewList3.LowStk = Yes; LowStockListQuery1B : SELECT stock.distrib, supplier.name, stock.number, stock.desc, stock.low, stock.reordquant FROM stock LEFT JOIN supplier ON stock.distrib = supplier.code WHERE (((stock.distrib)=[Forms]![LLPage]![Combo8]) AND ((stock.low)<2) AND (...

Update results
Online updates seem to no longer work for me. Been trying since yesterday on multiple accounts. Are there some tricks I can use to figure out what is causing this? In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >Online updates seem to no longer work for me. Been trying since yesterday on >multiple accounts. Are there some tricks I can use to figure out what is >causing this? Since Yesterday? Occasionally more patience may be needed. http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp can sometimes give you some relevant information. But you also might be able to go to AccountList->...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

Archive Update is in progress at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/!
It won't be long now until Open Source Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Long Term Support Alpha 2 comes out! Sure, but you would be a FOOL to install that piece of crap Alpha on your PC. But in YOUR case, it's OK, since you can't really use your computer anyway. Just FYI. Just FYI. Did I say Just FYI? Remember that these posts are For Your Information and that is why we say Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:10bbf1b2-7ecc-485e-b2f3-9280d70adb2a@k17g2000yqh.google...