Address Book Sharing/Creation

We are attempting to get our Exchange server up and running and I am quite new to the whole Microsoft Mail thing... (long time sendmail/qmail user) We are attempting to share Address Books and enable the default address book on our exchange server. Currently the default AB that comes up is basically the listing of users on the exchange server. I would like to create a couple address books from current information. I have a saved CSV that contains our customer data that I would like to import. I have succesfully done this in my personal Outlook but when I attempt to share the AB other users are unable to see it in their contacts folder. I know that we have to add it to the public store or something but I am unable to get it to port correctly. If anyone has help other than the documentation that MS provides send me a link! Thanks!
0
mmentges (2)

MSN Messenger and my address book
I recently installed MSN Messenger and since then, my Outlook Express address book hasn't been running properly. If I right-click on a person's name and select 'properties', it takes an incredibly long time for the properties to appear. I've heard from a few people that they 't received my email messages. And, I also noticed that when I try to send a Word doc to a mail recipient as an attachment, I get the following error message: Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code: "Unspecified error". What has happen...

Redirecting mail based on sender address
Is it possible to redirect incoming mail based on the senders email address ? Eg if an email arrives in exchange for 123@abc.com from 456@xyz.com can exchange see that the sender is 456@xyz.com and redirect it to say 789@abc.com ? I know i could do this through a rule in Outlook but i want to be able to do it through exchange as the recipient address may not be a valid user. Thanks in advance, Steve ...

Custom Address in Exchange 2003 for x500
Hopefully someone has does this before. I'm currently trying to implement a recipient policy that will update the recipient contacts in AD and add an x500 address that will match our old Exchange 5.5 x500. Everytime I try to add a custom address type with x500 I receive the following message: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'x500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Has anyone been able to accomplish this before? What did you need to do? Thanks in advance, Dave You need a proxy address generator DLL for th...

i bought a college book and the key that came with it and also vi.
i had to buy a book set for college and it came with this Visio pro 2003 and the key... but the professor said it was the full version and its a trial version... i thought the key would activate the trial version but it dosn't work???? i dont know if its ment to be a trial or not... but i need the programe for more then 60 Days!! for the class The professor should be able to point you to a local resource at the college where you can buy Visio, perhaps at great discount. Otherwise, buy it where you normally buy software. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Louis S wro...

voucher creation at POS
is there a way i can get POS to generate new vouchers? im trying to implement the following scenario: while in return mode, whenever the cashier begins the tendering process, i want POS to automatically generate a new voucher number number, print out the voucher and complete the transaction. All these without further intervention from the cashier. is this possible? how can i achieve this? ...

Help! Workspace creation failed and PS2007 still thinks it exists although I can't see it in PWA
I had a workstation creation fail on an "XYZ" project. When I try to re-publish using a different template (which I know works), it says the workspace already exists. Problem is I can't see it in the Project Workspaces area of PWA, nor from the Sites area of PWA, nor from the Project Workspaces area of the Server Settings page, nor from the Sites and Workspaces are of the Site Settings page (of PWA). I've got to figure out what about the newly provisioned template it doesn't like (I've since then changed to the previous version), but first I need to get r...

Vendor Contact Email Address
I would like to add the vendor email contact email address to the PO Blank Format (V10) Anyone have suggestions on how to do this? -- Doug Good morning Doug You can add a calculated field using the system function RW_GetInternetInfo in Report Writer. You can refer to technowledge 874102 for doing that. -- Patrick B. "Doug" wrote: > I would like to add the vendor email contact email address to the PO Blank > Format (V10) > > Anyone have suggestions on how to do this? > -- > Doug Customer source isnt working again.... Thanks for the response! I am a...

sharing sub directory contact lists
I have a problem where if a make a new contact list under the default conacts and share the list and give permissions for a user to access it, when the user tries to open the list using outlook, open another users data, I get a message saying the oject cannot be found. If I share the default contact list and try and access it it works fine. This is the same for inboxs as well does anyone know why this is and can I fix it? Jake In news:3D1F7F26-CD1A-4BAB-B9D1-501C9394E307@microsoft.com, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a problem where if a make a new cont...

Creating a Price Book
We have the need to publish price books for our distributors. Is there a simple way to create price books? -- Robert Blanchet ...

Offline Address List Fun
Hi All, Here's hoping some of you exchange gurus can help me troubleshoot a rather interesting problem. We have a couple of Outlook 2003 users who are having trouble with their Offline Address List in cache mode. Things are all good and dandy when they are not in cache mode but once they turn cache mode on they would not download the latest offline address list even if they are forced to. The server has the latest OAL since I am also running in Cache mode and I am able to get everybody's user info ( and I made sure I am using the local OAB files ). I deleted his local OABs but wh...

Unable to share
Excel will not allow me to share my workbook. Under the tools/protection dropdown menu it allows me to protect the sheet, and protect the workbook, but it does not allow me to protect and share the workbook, nor to simply share the workbook. I also have tried to access the file on our network and I recieve a message telling me that the file is either read-only or encrypted. I checked the file and it is not read-only. Any ideas. Just a guess... When you open the file, do you see [Readonly] in the titlebar? It could be readonly not because of an attribute setting, but because you don'...

sharing inbox sub folders
Hi all, Is there a way to share all the sub-folders below my Inbox without having to go into each one? I have about a 100 sub-folders. I have given the user reviewer permission on my mailbox root and editor permission on my Inbox root. But she still cannot see my inbox sub folders. I have tried to use Delegates, but I get an error message regarding Delegates page not available, Exchange server cannot be contacted when i access that tab. I am online and connected to the server. Please help! ...

personal address book used by other applications error
hi all, need ur help urgently. i have designed an application that uses mapi. the emails are being sent ok without issues. The problem i am facing is that i have to send about 1500 plus emails from within my application. after sending about 400 the system prompts an error message telling that the personal address book is being used by more than one application and so i will have to close some applications to send email. There is no other application that uses outlook at that point of time. it is just my application that uses it and i cannot send bulk emails(meaning that i cannot put...

Activity creation issues
I have coma across a couple of issues when creating activities: 1) When creating phone call, regardless of the direction, the sender remains as the owner and the recipient the related customer (assuming this is created from within a contact's view). This means that the incoming phonecall is recorded as being sent by one of our staff, despite it being received by them. I have attempted to create workflow to rectify this but it appears to fail to fire (presumably because there is a conflict as one cannot simply get the sender/recipient to switch, resulting in duplicates, and thus e...

phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact)
Hi all, I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library. exchange 2003/outlook2003 envir. I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the contact design form. I just test and run this form and the Phone Numbers________________________ Addresses___________________________ Do not appear in the header anymore. Is this supposed to be? What's the solution to this? Thank you very much! What do you mean by "header"? In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom contact forms; see http://www.o...

Error 2035 X500 Address Type Missing
Pure Ex2003 SP1 site (after 5.5 migration several months ago). Other 4 sites in Exchange Org are pure 5.5. Everything seems to be running ok, no ADC errors, no RUS errors, no SRS errors... Just got error 2035 ExchangeSA after changing (via ADUC) new user's misspelled last name on all his e-mail address types. "The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'X500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing." (Did not get 2027 or 2037 errors about any missing .dll) Following KB 326962 -- Using Adsiedit to check, x.500 is n...

Book for a windows/c++/mfc beginner...
Hi, I have previous coding experience, but not in the windows environment and not in C/C++. I have just got a copy of MS Visual C++ Express and want to learn how to code C++ for Windows. As I understand it I need to use MFC for the windows stuff, and without it Visual C++ would just be command prompt based? Is that correct? If so then I need a book that teaches me MFC and C++, preferably in the Visual C++ environment... Which is the best book/books for this? Thanks. anon418600J5 wrote: > Hi, > > I have previous coding experience, but not in the windows environment and...

Address labels list
Where do i start to look for making an address label list Will this list be used for Mail Merges? If so: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm These are good places to get information. tj "sally" wrote: > Where do i start to look for making an address label list Good place to start AND finish! http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===============================...

Would you recommend Publisher to design a school year book?
I would like to publish the local school's year book in Publisher, the year book contains photos, drawings as well as text. Would you recommend this software for this purpose? Catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Black and White" <Black and White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13F70636-B32F-41DA-83A7-08B88E3875C0@microsoft.com... >I would like to publish the local school's year book in Publisher, t...

Sharing Violation
After I create a new Excel file, and then try to make changes to it, I get a message that says I can't save it because it's a "sharing violation". Could anyone help me with this? Carolan Hi Carolan, This might help. Go into your add/remove programs and then check the "Show Updates" box. Look for excel or office update KB978522. If it is there remove it and check to see if you can save. Squeaky "Carolan" wrote: > After I create a new Excel file, and then try to make changes to it, I get a > message that says I can't s...

Hosting CRM 3.0 (shared)
Www.alfapeople.com have successfully created a shared hosted solution of CRM 3.0. It is possible to make customization of the different objects in each BU which makes it really flexible. The English website will be up soon but you can contact info@alfapeople.com if you want to try it out. ...

How to display a public folder address in Global address book?
Hi all, do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a email. and they can find the public folder name in GAL. Appreciate your help in advance!! Best RGS, Jennifer In All Address List\Public Folder... -- Jammy "yi yuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :OMH0xdkuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? > > I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a emai...

how do I make make my hyperlinks show the email address they are .
I copy a list of names from one page and put them in a excel spreadsheet. What happens is just the name show like DUSTIN MCALISTER but when you hold the mouse over the name the email address shows up in a little yellow box showing what the hyperlink is. Is there a way to make it show the email address instead of the hyperlink?? That way I can click on a row of names and all the emaill addresses will be there so I can copy and paste them into my Email and mass email my clients? Thanks! ...

book mark not valid
Ok we started trying to get exchange 2003 installed about 2 months ago, with no luck. So we went and took a 2 day crash course. We got it set up OWA works but when we try to setup Outlook 2003 clients we get "Name not found. Book mark is not valid." Can anyone give me detailed instruction on how to fix this problem? This is the 3rd time exchange was installed in on this network. Is there anything that could be messing up the domain controllers and not allowing the info to go through. My knowledge of Exchange and Windows server 2003 is very limited. If you could explain it like your ...

sharing a pst file
Hi, Apologies if this is not the correct forum for this post. I have a director who saves a lot of his emails in a personal folders located on a network file server. He now wants me to set this up so his PA can also access these files. I have tried to simply share the location with the PA but found out you can not share a PST file. We are useing outlook 2003 with exchange 2003. Has anyone got any suggestions as to the best way of doing this? Cheers Paul On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 02:56:01 -0700, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Apologies if this is not the...